• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMIX |OT| Sora is Everyone... in HD

Order

I'm so close to getting the plat for KHFM, a I have to do is a normal playthrough and then those damn Gummi Missions. Getting the Ultima Weapon really tested my patience.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Facepalm at you guys saying use Fire. Did you forget there are Fat Bandits that aren't effected by Fire in Agrabah? Use Blizzara instead.

Anyways this is why Staff is hard to play as in Proud mode. You need a huge MP bar to have good damage with your spells. The spells themselves aren't good until you get the aga tiers aka Firaga, Blizzaga, Thundaga and so on.

You gave up Sword which makes your attacks much weaker in battle. This leads to enemies taking longer to kill if you use your keyblade for combat more than magic.

Have lots of Ethers in the items slot is the only advice I can give you besides using MP heavy Keyblades such as the Spellbinder.

As for how much of the game you have left. About 1/3 left since you pretty much beat Agrabah. Neverland is the last world before the finale starts with the final 2 worlds appearing.

You want to finish the Hades cup ASAP to get the better spells.

Edit: Oh and level 23 is kind of low in proud mode and to be almost finished with Agrabah. You want at least level 25+ and 27 is a good one to stop at for that world.

I'm not actually playing in Proud Mode - just on Normal. Sorry, should have mentioned that. Also do you guys really suggest going through the coliseum and beating it? Is the Spellbinder keyblade worth the trouble? I'm currently using the Three Wishes and I really like it.

Also thanks for your guys' tips earlier - using fire on the fatsos really helped, and using more magic in general has made the combat a lot more fun. I don't feel like I'm just grinding through mobs anymore. Looking forward to exploring Atlantica, that intro with Ariel, Sebastian, and Flounder brought a massive smile to my face.

Seda

I'm not actually playing in Proud Mode - just on Normal. Sorry, should have mentioned that. Also do you guys really suggest going through the coliseum and beating it? Is the Spellbinder keyblade worth the trouble? I'm currently using the Three Wishes and I really like it.

Spellbinder is fantastic for magic. Remember that more MP blocks also boost your magic power.

Fire does work on Fat Bandits.

Get outta here teamsword! Your melee attacks are the ones that don't work on em!

Gooby pls even in agrabah you destroy everything with normal fire spell if you equip mp boost accessories. Even more so when you get spellbinder soon after that and have fira.

It really shouldn't from what I remember. The Fat Bandit are the red colored ones that use Fire. Bandit heartless are the fat normal ones that you can kill using Gravity or Fire.

Also funny you say that Melee doesn't work when in the time it takes to cast the 2-3 Firagas needed to kill a Bandit I can kill one in 2 hits on the head and move on to the next one. 1 hit if Zantetsuken activates. What do you do when you are out of magic? :b

At the beginning of the game you start off with 3 MP. At most you will have 6 or 7 at Agrabah because MP boosting items. Fire still don't kill Heartless in less than 5 shots in Proud. You also run out of magic too fast in the lower levels due to low MP and the abilities coming in late.

Ripple Drive isn't that good imo. The AOE is good for killing multiple heartless but thats only if they have a certain percentage of health. Even a max MP Ripple Drive won't kill multiple Fat Bodies I believe or maybe it was Darkballs?

But we all know #TeamSword is the best team. Hope you do a Sword run ilnadmy, you will find out how much better Sword is than Staff.

Any abilities I should be looking out/striving for Donald and Goofy?

MP gift for Goofy and turn off his attack abilities. This turns him into a support character that gives you MP every time you run low.

Donald doesn't need much except 2nd chance to make himself revive faster.

Donald and Goofy don't do much in battle except weaken most enemies and maybe get a kill here or there. They are also good meatshields.

Also funny you say that Melee doesn't work when in the time it takes to cast the 2-3 Firagas needed to kill a Bandit I can kill one in 2 hits on the head and move on to the next one. 1 hit if Zantetsuken activates. What do you do when you are out of magic? :b
2-3 Firagas? While you run to the back of all those bandits I just cleared the whole room with a single Thundaga/Graviga. And true #TeamStaff members never run out of MP!

2-3 Firagas? While you run to the back of all those bandits I just cleared the whole room with a single Thundaga/Graviga. And true #TeamStaff members never run out of MP!

Thats a lie and you know it! ;b

Besides with high jump you don't need to run to the back of each Bandit. One hit makes them throw their tantrum and the other kills them.

Also a Graviga at most will catch 3 Bandits because they are so damn fat and take up space. Thundaga is better but not the most efficient and weaker than focus fire from a Firaga.

Besides the major weakness of #TeamStaff is the boss battles where AOE doesn't matter as much.

While you struggle against bosses such as Riku 2 and Ansem or Sephiroth, us #TeamSword just beat the HP out of them. #Team Staff cannot kill Rock Titan in under 2 minutes like #TeamSword can #superior team.

Ripple Drive is actually fantastic even against single targets (mine does more damage than any finisher other than Zantetsuken, and it comes very close to Zantetsuken), but Team Sword with their gimped MP stat would never know that.

Can also kill Rock Titan in under 1 minute. I still mostly melee everything.

zeemumu

This game is starting to get on my nerves. Agrabah was a total pain in the ass (although admittedly the bosses were pretty easy). I feel like the combat gets pretty luck-based at times when you have all sorts of enemies spawning (flying enemies, mages, enemies that can toss their weapons at you, and those big fat dudes that can only be attacked from the back). The Cave of Mystery fight in particular (or Cave of Wonder, or whatever it's called) really tested my patience.

How far into the game am I? And does the combat get easier over time or should I expect it to only get more difficult from here?

Are you referring to KH1 or 2? Either way you're a sizable way through the game. Don't underestimate your abilities and magic. You have to be patient with the large bodies and flying enemies, no hammering X like all of the others. Both games start to pay off more towards the end when the main narrative starts merging itself back into the story of the Disney worlds. I understand your frustration though. When I was younger I constantly bothered my teacher with questions on how to beat Hercules because I never thought to hit him with barrels while he's flexing.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a question for everyone in this thread: What is your most difficult optional boss from any of the games (portable and main console series)?

I would expect Birth by Sleep to dominate this question, but my vote goes to Kurt Zisa. I don't know why, but he was the only boss where nothing I did seemed to work, and he would always murder my teammates before they could heal me.

iosefe

This is a question for everyone in this thread: What is your most difficult optional boss from any of the games (portable and main console series)?

I would expect Birth by Sleep to dominate this question, but my vote goes to Kurt Zisa. I don't know why, but he was the only boss where nothing I did seemed to work, and he would always murder my teammates before they could heal me.

obviously KH2 sphiroth.

but seriously, original KH1 phantom. i beat everything but him in my ps2 run trough. even kurt zisa was relatively when I figured out how to use Tinkerbell and bambi properly.

I never fought a portable optional boss, so I'm limited to KH1 and 2.

I'd say it's Terra from KH2. Many varied attacks, powerful counterattacks, and that horrible menu roulette that Unknown had in KH1. That alone makes me hate it with all my heart.

Are you referring to KH1 or 2? Either way you're a sizable way through the game. Don't underestimate your abilities and magic. You have to be patient with the large bodies and flying enemies, no hammering X like all of the others. Both games start to pay off more towards the end when the main narrative starts merging itself back into the story of the Disney worlds. I understand your frustration though. When I was younger I constantly bothered my teacher with questions on how to beat Hercules because I never thought to hit him with barrels while he's flexing.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Console:

Overall it would have to be Terra in Final Mix Critical mode from KH2.

KH1: I found Unknown to be the most annoying to kill out of the 3 optional bosses. Sephieroth is easy imo.

Portable:

That guy from BBS hands down. So cheap and hard to beat.

Caladrius

My votes are for The Mysterious Figure (NA version, BBS Final Mix made him easier by nerfing that stupid collision magnet) and Terra. Terra usually trips me up with Magic seal or his command roulette attack.(Which hopefully won't be as hard to counter when I can actually read what the commands say.)

My votes are for The Mysterious Figure (NA version, BBS Final Mix made him easier by nerfing that stupid collision magnet) and Terra. Terra usually trips me up with Magic seal or his command roulette attack.(Which hopefully won't be as hard to counter when I can actually read what the commands say.)

BBS Final Mix made him easier, but then again the No Heart boss at the Mirage Arena is even tougher IMO.
Lvl 1 Clayton, oh my GOD!

Well beat him at least. Never again.
Now THAT is a fucking superboss for you. Clayton, since he's the last boss you fight before getting Cure *and* there are two targets (and his gunshots actually do some pretty serious damage). Just remember not to bother attacking the Stealth Sneak because killing Clayton finishes the fight immediately, because Clayton gets way higher hitstun from your attacks, and because Clayton's gunshots are much much faster and harder to dodge.

I assume you haven't even attempted Cerberus yet.

Lingering Sentiment, easily. As cheaply and terribly designed as Mysterious Figure is, the best methods to take him out with are hilariously easy to pull off and don't really take much skill or understanding of any of BBS's mechanics aside from how to dodge roll. On the other hand, LS demands a total mastery of all of the mechanics and tools available to the player in KHIIFM.

Mysterious Figure doesn't even compare.

Lingering Sentiment, easily. As cheaply and terribly designed as Mysterious Figure is, the best methods to take him out with are hilariously easy to pull off and don't really take much skill or understanding of any of BBS's mechanics aside from how to dodge roll. On the other hand, LS demands a total mastery of all of the mechanics and tools available to the player in KHIIFM.

Mysterious Figure doesn't even compare.

Lingering Sentiment really annoys me because the whole command-freezing thing is really intensely annoying to me (all that fourth-wall-breaking shit is dumb) but it's pretty indisputably the best-designed superboss in the series, and there are a LOT of good ones.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
LOL I just beat Ursula in a way that is probably rather unusual. My first attempt at fighting her I did it properly, charging in to attack her face and then charging out when she tried any of her attacks. But once I get her down to her last health bar her stupid lightning strike kept hitting me every time I tried to come in and attack her and, combined with the stupid camera/underwater controls, I died a very cheap death. My second attempt I whittled her down to her last health bar, then just Mermaid Kicked my way around the outside of the stage as Ariel and Donald took her down to zero health. Donald was pretty useless actually but Ariel kicked all kinds of ass. After about 15 minutes of evading around Ursula I finally went in to deliver the finishing blow.

Not the way that fight was intended to be fought, but whatever.

Andrefpvs

LOL I just beat Ursula in a way that is probably rather unusual. My first attempt at fighting her I did it properly, charging in to attack her face and then charging out when she tried any of her attacks. But once I get her down to her last health bar her stupid lightning strike kept hitting me every time I tried to come in and attack her and, combined with the stupid camera/underwater controls, I died a very cheap death. My second attempt I whittled her down to her last health bar, then just Mermaid Kicked my way around the outside of the stage as Ariel and Donald took her down to zero health. Donald was pretty useless actually but Ariel kicked all kinds of ass. After about 15 minutes of evading around Ursula I finally went in to deliver the finishing blow.

Not the way that fight was intended to be fought, but whatever.

Hey, glad to see someone else thought of this, lol! :D
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=81611273&postcount=2206

Caladrius

BBS Final Mix made him easier, but then again the No Heart boss at the Mirage Arena is even tougher IMO.

I thought No Heart was easier, oddly. His fight does take forever though. I remember trying it at level 60 and taking 40 minutes to try and beat him. (to no avail). With No Heart you can at least abuse Rhythm Mixer if you want to cheese it.(The MF has a lot of damage and invincibility frames If I remember right.)

I thought No Heart was easier, oddly. His fight does take forever though. I remember trying it at level 60 and taking 40 minutes to try and beat him. (to no avail). With No Heart you can at least abuse Rhythm Mixer if you want to cheese it.(The MF has a lot of damage and invincibility frames If I remember right.)

I honestly didn't use Rhythm Mixer very much for the same reason that I avoided Terra's Meteor finisher - yes, it's really powerful and gives you a huge period in which you basically don't take damage, but it completely destroys the flow of the game. That makes sense, though, that it'd be a way to cheese the fight pretty effectively.

Caladrius

I honestly didn't use Rhythm Mixer very much for the same reason that I avoided Terra's Meteor finisher - yes, it's really powerful and gives you a huge period in which you basically don't take damage, but it completely destroys the flow of the game. That makes sense, though, that it'd be a way to cheese the fight pretty effectively.

I find it kind of funny that they made a command style built specifically to circumvent the damage cap they had in place to keep you from killing the bosses too quickly.

I beat him legit before with all 3 (I clocked in between 18-24 minutes for all of them), but I did it again after discovering I could use Rhythm Mixer. It cut my time down to about 8 Minutes using Ven. Combos can take off entire health bars if you time them right.

I find it kind of funny that they made a command style built specifically to circumvent the damage cap they had in place to keep you from killing the bosses too quickly.

I beat him legit before with all 3 (I clocked in between 18-24 minutes for all of them), but I did it again after discovering I could use Rhythm Mixer. It cut my time down to about 8 Minutes using Ven. Combos can take off entire health bars if you time them right.

There's a per-hit damage cap? Well, that explains a lot about combat (not to mention about what makes Shoot Lock so useful).

Caladrius

There's a per-hit damage cap? Well, that explains a lot about combat (not to mention about what makes Shoot Lock so useful).

I think it maxes out at 25 HP per hit. (Though since the superbosses have colossal defense I don't think you can even do that much.) Rhythm Mixer combos hit 6-7 times minimum

I think it maxes out at 25 HP per hit. (Though since the superbosses have colossal defense I don't think you can even do that much.) Rhythm Mixer combos hit 6-7 times minimum

That's kind of a bummer, though it explains the way Megaflare works in BBS and explains some stuff about the way some Shot Locks fall behind in damage later in the game.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
OK Riku/Ansem is seriously pissing me off. Is there an easy to take this guy out or am I going to have to throw the damn disc out of the window? Once I take him down to his last health bar he becomes an unblockable dick who can't be hit.

LostAnkh

OK Riku/Ansem is seriously pissing me off. Is there an easy to take this guy out or am I going to have to throw the damn disc out of the window? Once I take him down to his last health bar he becomes an unblockable dick who can't be hit.
You're supposed to let him attack, dodge his attack, and hit him a few times. Don't spam attack like me when I was 11, it doesn't help. Also, Aero and tech what you can.

Caladrius

If it helps any, you can dodge his Dark aura attack by moving to the corners of the arena.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
You're supposed to let him attack, dodge his attack, and hit him a few times. Don't spam attack like me when I was 11, it doesn't help. Also, Aero and tech what you can.

I do that, but once he gets to his last phase he starts floating and flying around the stage like a madman and I can't dodge his attack for shit. Whenever I do finally get around to catching up to him he floats in the air and does it all over again. It's pretty frustrating.

Grind a bit more to level up and take out Riku easier.

LostAnkh

I do that, but once he gets to his last phase he starts floating and flying around the stage like a madman and I can't dodge his attack for shit. Whenever I do finally get around to catching up to him he floats in the air and does it all over again. It's pretty frustrating.
Let me clarify, you're talking about that attack where he dashes around the stage, right?

You can fly and dodge them, same for the pillars.

Patience is key.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Let me clarify, you're talking about that attack where he dashes around the stage, right?

Patience is key.

Oh, that's interesting. I hadn't considered that. I'll try it again tomorrow, I can't be bothered to give it another go tonight.

Patience is key.

Don't even need to work to dodge those attacks - he always does it in a certain pattern, so as long as you dodge the *first* such attack, you can just walk slowly in a circle to avoid the rest.

And yeah, Riku in his final stage basically goes completely berserk and only has a very few windows of vulnerability for attacking him. I can't really tell you more other than to understand that those windows are still perfectly sufficient PROVIDED that you aren't in recovery from being attacked. Get good enough at dodging/blocking while remaining in close enough proximity to him and you'll be able to finish him off pretty quickly. The issue, I'm almost certain, is that when he goes berserk toward the end, you're getting hit and his windows of vulnerability occur while you're stunned or running back over toward him.

wilflare

for those of you with the Limited Edition,
how are you keeping the game so it is more consistent with the rest of your PS3 games?

(why can't Square just pack the normal game case too T_T)

how are you keeping the game so it is more consistent with the rest of your PS3 games?

I keep it with the rest of my limited editions that are too big for my PS3 shelves.

Psxphile

Dogpiled under a slew of other (mostly unplayed) PS3 games and their cases, collecting dust atop the left speaker of my impressive 2.0 sound setup.

lol shelves

I'll straighten it up later. Back to Ys on Steam and waiting for II.5 and it's eventual fate.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Don't even need to work to dodge those attacks - he always does it in a certain pattern, so as long as you dodge the *first* such attack, you can just walk slowly in a circle to avoid the rest.

And yeah, Riku in his final stage basically goes completely berserk and only has a very few windows of vulnerability for attacking him. I can't really tell you more other than to understand that those windows are still perfectly sufficient PROVIDED that you aren't in recovery from being attacked. Get good enough at dodging/blocking while remaining in close enough proximity to him and you'll be able to finish him off pretty quickly. The issue, I'm almost certain, is that when he goes berserk toward the end, you're getting hit and his windows of vulnerability occur while you're stunned or running back over toward him.

Yeah this was exactly my issue. I kept getting hit, and by the time I recovered enough to get over to him he was getting ready to do his crazy float/fly attack.

Holmes

So I finally decided, four months later, to just blitz through all the gummi missions and get my platinum trophy. I'd been sitting on this for months because they seemed like a pain and I didn't wanna go through what seemed like an annoying task, but honestly... it's kind of easy.

I'm doing the worlds in order, and I've already completed Traverse Town's, Wonderland's, Olympus Coliseum's and Deep Jungle's mission in the past two hours. They've been pretty easy. Granted, I've only done a few "don't get hit" or "don't collect any points" missions, and I've heard that Atlantica's final mission is a pain (plus I have Monstro in its path), but still. With the maximum number of weapons, osmose, and deceleration, they've all seemed to be easy. Even Traverse Town's final mission wasn't so bad. Transform abuse made it cake.

zeemumu

So I finally decided, four months later, to just blitz through all the gummi missions and get my platinum trophy. I'd been sitting on this for months because they seemed like a pain and I didn't wanna go through what seemed like an annoying task, but honestly... it's kind of easy.

I'm doing the worlds in order, and I've already completed Traverse Town's, Wonderland's, Olympus Coliseum's and Deep Jungle's mission in the past two hours. They've been pretty easy. Granted, I've only done a few "don't get hit" or "don't collect any points" missions, and I've heard that Atlantica's final mission is a pain (plus I have Monstro in its path), but still. With the maximum number of weapons, osmose, and deceleration, they've all seemed to be easy. Even Traverse Town's final mission wasn't so bad. Transform abuse made it cake.

I wasn't a huge fan of the gummi missions in KH1. I was happy that they improved that whole system in the 2nd game.

Holmes

Holy balls. Collect 20 or more energy items? I usually only end up with 17-18 and like 30 power items. God.

edit: Wait, I didn't have any Esuna blocks on my ship. Doh. Praise Esuna.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
>.> Dude what level are you? You shouldn't be dying if you are in your 45s or higher.

Level up to 55 and you can kill most bosses easily. 60 makes it a breeze.

I'm level 43. His final form is what pisses me off. I can evade his flying attack and his pillars now but then he goes HAM on me with his stupid projectile attack and I keep getting wrecked.

I'm level 43. His final form is what pisses me off. I can evade his flying attack and his pillars now but then he goes HAM on me with his stupid projectile attack and I keep getting wrecked.

Are you using Aerora for extra defense? Also use Elixars to get back all your MP if you run out near the end of the fight.

At 43 you can beat Riku/Ansem.

You can strike back the Energy waves he throws or even block them if you want actually. Dodge them if you don't want to bother with that and then whack away at him.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Are you using Aerora for extra defense? Also use Elixars to get back all your MP if you run out near the end of the fight.

At 43 you can beat Riku/Ansem.

You can strike back the Energy waves he throws or even block them if you want actually. Dodge them if you don't want to bother with that and then whack away at him.

No I'm not using Aerora, just Cura. The problem is I can dodge most of his attacks but whenever I try to hit him my attacks don't stun him so I'll get a hit or two in then he'll retaliate and seriously hurt me.

Top Bottom