• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts 2.9 (PS3/PS4), KH3 multiplayer/Pixar spotted on Square Enix Linkedln

Magwik

Banned
Deserves shocking news title
Also keep in mind Xbox may not be listed because Japan and stuff, but might end up out in the west anyways.
Also 3D port is a secret kept worse than Gravity Rush port

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Ah I see they're actively making multiplayer for Kingdom Hearts 3.

Was wondering with the recent slough of SP only titles.

Is it really that shocking?

Type-0 sold horribly on the system.

Aye, but I thought they'd at least try to establish some sort of brand presence for the franchise on Xbox before releasing Kingdom Hearts III on it. I'd buy it on PS4 anyway but still, slightly surprised.

I imagine it'll be a collection of everything.

Murugo

If it's anything like The Lion King 1 1/2, then 2.9 is just a side story where Donald and Goofy reminisce about their adventures and antics before Sora came to be.

Kouriozan

It sures takes its time, we heard rumor about an ultimate collection coming before E3.
358/2 Days
And it was the best multiplayer.
You could f*cking play with all Organization 13 members!!!

2.9? Hahahaha, that's so great. This series, man.

After naming their game "Dream Drop Distance" I will believe "2.9" any day.

That said, PS3 release is kinda weird, especially if 3D is included.

Dream Drop Distance is an amazing name for this silly series, best 3D name on the system IMO. That or Kirby triple deluxe. :p

358/2 is total nonsense though.

BiggNife

If this ends up being 1.5 and 2.5 (and possibly DDD) for PS4, then cool.

If this ends up being a two hour KH3 prologue that is either sold for $40 like Ground Zeroes or bundled with a $60 game like Episode Duscae then no no no please no

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I wonder if they could tie into Infinity somehow for epic mickey bucks.
I would assume they'll just release more Kingdom Hearts figurines for Disney Infinity 4.0 given they need content in the future and it's Disney's IP, not Square's.

If this ends up being 1.5 and 2.5 (and possibly DDD) for PS4, then cool.

If this ends up being a two hour prologue that is either sold for $40 like Ground Zeroes or bundled with a $60 game like Episode Duscae then no no no please no

Yes, in this case I'll wait for the PS+ version.

wiibomb

Guys... GUYS!

image.php

Andrefpvs

Attraction Flow under 2.9 is kind of a headscratcher, since that feature is new to KH3.

Anyway, if this is true, and includes an HD port of DDD, I'll be happy, since I want to play that game with a proper controller. A Final mix would be even better.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Why would you need 'Boss Planning' for a remake/port?

Maybe it's not just a port.

Square Enix did say they wanted to sell you parts of future games in advance: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=673173

Square Enix said:
How to address the issue is a major task for the executive team. As noted above, the HD games category faces the structural issues of an inflexible earnings model and long-term, large-scale development resulting in a low rate of investment turnover. These two factors are closely interconnected.

First, we have to create earnings opportunities even before a product is released in order to raise investment turnover of a long-term, large-scale development project. Titles of large-scale development are our flagship titles, showcasing our technologies. We will never lower the flag of such titles. In fact, they are strong brands and therefore have the potential of diverse content exploitation. It is possible to establish a business model that delivers content in various formats to customers even before the launch of a game.

Through implementation of such a development process, we will promote approaches to raise investment turnover by accelerating earnings opportunities and reducing financial risks. A lack of earnings opportunities over a long period of time means, essentially, having no contact with customers during the same period. In these days, it is becoming crucial to strengthen customer relations.
Re-examining our approach to long-term, large-scale development is also a step toward building a better customer relationship.

They also did this once already with Type-0 and Episode Duscae, so why not sell you part of Kingdom Hearts 3 while they're at it?

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Kingdom Hearts 2.5 + Kingdom Hearts 3D Remastered in a collection.

I can see it.

I'm in.

Sesha

Resident Evil 3 was known as Resident Evil 1.9 IIRC. It's just a internal project name. There's no way they're going to release a game with that as a title.

I do wonder what it is. Will it be the Ground Zeroes to KH3's The Phantom Pain?

Edit: Seems possible.

1.5 + 2.5 + 3D in one package seems too good to be true (although Ill be honest I wouldn't mind paying whatever price for all games on PS4), unless they cut something out out include 3D.
If it's a prequel a la Ground Zeroes, I'm not going to be happy.

Anura

Gummi ship being back is the only bad bit I can spot. At least 2 greatly improved it from one so let's hope they improve it in 3

Kouriozan

Honestly hold off buying the ReMIX because the PS4 don't have BC, but my bro couldn't not buy it.
So yeah, I can play 1.5 and 2.5 ReMIX right now if I want to but it has to be PS4 for me.

1.5 + 2.5 + 3D in one package seems too good to be true (although Ill be honest I wouldn't mind paying whatever price for all games on PS4), unless they cut something out out include 3D.
I mean the point of the of the collections is to catch you up with the story so it'd be pretty shitty if they cut the movies out or something but who knows

Top Bottom