• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts 2.9 (PS3/PS4), KH3 multiplayer/Pixar spotted on Square Enix Linkedln

Of course not, FFX/FFX-2 just came out on PS4 with no Xbox.

That's not really surprising. All SE needed to do for that is port the PS3 code to PS4. The reason this surprises me is because Xbox has no history with Kingdom Hearts and they're releasing KH3 on XB1. You'd think they'd start trying to establish the brand on Xbox in preparation for KH3.

Valnen

Seriously? No 2.9 on the Xbox? That's their loss.. I would have bought in a heart beat.

I don't think 1.5 and 2.5 were on it either. If you really wanna play Kingdom Hearts, or hell Square Enix RPG titles in general with FFX also not being on Xbox, that should have been a sign to you.

Tratorn

If someone would tell me KH2.9 is coming I'd think it's a 1.5 + 2.5 collection. But the job description seems to point to new stuff/a new game.
My dream collection would be 1.5 + 2.5 + DDD + KH3 Demo, but well - won't happen of course.

BlueWord

First thought was HD collection for PS4, but the title honestly makes it sound like a KH3: Ground Zeroes. I bet we see this bundled with the inevitable HD collection.

Zalman

If someone would tell me KH2.9 is coming I'd think it's a 1.5 + 2.5 collection. But the job description seems to point to new stuff/a new game.
My dream collection would be 1.5 + 2.5 + DDD + KH3 Demo, but well - won't happen of course.
Entirely possible considering Dream Drop Distance HD has been hinted at in the past.

BitStyle

Unconfirmed Member
Oh man, please be true.

I would love 2.9 to give me DDD in glorious hd format.

Oh, and multiplayer for KH3 would be ace!

Kingdom Hearts RE:Make ~ √π.26 LaTiNuS ReTaRdUs Edition! ~ Final International Mix++ ULTRA 4K Collection

We'll get there one day.

That's not really surprising. All SE needed to do for that is port the PS3 code to PS4. The reason this surprises me is because Xbox has no history with Kingdom Hearts and they're releasing KH3 on XB1. You'd think they'd start trying to establish the brand on Xbox in preparation for KH3.

FFXV and KH3 are releasing only on XB1 because it got announced before the consoles were even out.

GeeTeeCee

A port seems likely, but the Kingdom Hearts 2.9 title sounds like a Ground Zeroes-esque prologue or Episode Duscae style release to me.

Durden77

If 2.9 was a full/near full collection for PS4 I would be there in a second. But I could also see it being a Ground Zeroes esque thing.

Also yay for Pixar. Toy Story world finally?

A port seems likely, but the Kingdom Hearts 2.9 title sounds like a Ground Zeroes-esque prologue or Episode Duscae style release to me.

It's releasing for the PS3/4, so it isn't going to be anything KH3-related since it's current-gen only. A full KH compilation including 3D seems like the most likely scenario.

Jawmuncher

The biggest excitement for me is KH1&2 more than likely coming to PS4 together In a bundle. I'll be all over that. Pixar is cool too I guess.

How about this, Dream Drop Distance HD Remix + Day One KH 2.9 Demo (a la Type 0 + FFXV)?
Kingdom Hearts HD Collection (1,2,BBS,DDD) with an added prologue/beta for KH3.
or this.
The problem is Chains of Memories and Days are pretty important for this convoluted franchise. I guess a movie version of both will do.

Kouriozan

Entirely possible considering Dream Drop Distance HD has been hinted at in the past.
And 3D is the first major game plot-wise without a final mix version.
You literally see every important KH characters in that game
minus Eraqus
, and leads directly to KH3.

JazzmanZ

Why are people assuming it's a whole collection of 1.5 and 2.5?
If anything it'll be DDD final mix with maybe some bonus from 3

PS3 code isn't comparable with PS4 at all, so it's not a simple button to push out on PS4. It's much simpler to port from PS4 to XB1 than PS3 to PS4, so there's no reason they couldn't release it on XB1 esp since it skipped 360.

Squire

Banned
Maybe it's not just a port.

Square Enix did say they wanted to sell you parts of future games in advance: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=673173

They also did this once already with Type-0 and Episode Duscae, so why not sell you part of Kingdom Hearts 3 while they're at it?

"2.9" makes more sense from thing angle, I think.

1.5 + 2.5 + KH3 demo = 2.9

It makes an admittedly weird sort of sense to me. I don't think KH3D is coming.

so 1.5 and 2.5 repackaged with 3DHD on PS3 as well as an all in one package for PS4? But 2.9? Looks like they really don't give a shit about making their titles more coherent.

daveo42

Banned
Unsurprising announcement, thought I was expecting 1.5 and 2.5 to be released separate as is on PS4. More a straight port than anything else.

Nomura said 1.5 and 2.5 on PS4 is not coming.

I assumed anyone that actually believed that is insanely naïve.

PS3 code isn't comparable with PS4 at all, so it's not a simple button to push out on PS4. It's much simpler to port from PS4 to XB1 than PS3 to PS4, so there's no reason they couldn't release it on XB1 esp since it skipped 360.

There is no inherent reason to release FFX on Xbox though. They didn't even need to release it on PS4. My point is that I'm surprised they're not even trying to establish a fanbase for Kingdom hearts on Xbox One, given that KH3 is releasing on the console.

FFXV and KH3 are releasing only on XB1 because it got announced before the consoles were even out.

No shit. But you'd still think that they may as well just experiment and get Xbox fans excited about release. I just find it interesting, as it more or less confirms what Kagari was saying a while back which is exactly what you've just said.

Apath

Releasing KH1 & 2 in one package on the PS4 seems like a very obvious business decision, but what do I know? I haven't found much of anything that Square has done the past 10 years to be very logical.

No shit. But you'd still think that they may as well just experiment and get Xbox fans excited about release. I just find it interesting, as it more or less confirms what Kagari was saying a while back which is exactly what you've just said.

I kinda think their experiment was Type-0 HD.

Sifl

Couldve been worse. Assuming 2.9 is all of 1.5+2.5, they could've called it KH 4.

"Buy Kingdom Hearts 4 in preparation of Kingdom Hearts 3".

LAA

Oh fuck! Great! But weird it isnt on 360 or X1, not that I personally care, ha ha, but weird/bad for 360 owners as KH3 is their first and only KH on their platform.

Awesome to see KH3D is indeed coming with it, hopefully trophies sorta "sync" with the PS3 version, the thought of platinuming every KH again is daunting, ha ha, but KH3D I'll gladly platinum.

Top Bottom