• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts 2.9 (PS3/PS4), KH3 multiplayer/Pixar spotted on Square Enix Linkedln

Philippo

KH 1.5 +
KH 2.5 +
KH DDD HD +
KHIII Prologue like Ep. Duscae (downloadable)

Sounds good, i really need to catch up with the series before KHIII lands.

Awesome to see KH3D is indeed coming with it, hopefully trophies sorta "sync" with the PS3 version, the thought of platinuming every KH again is daunting, ha ha, but KH3D I'll gladly platinum.
Assuming this is a compilation, I'd say chances are decent that trophies would sync between consoles. I believe FFXIV and X/X-2 HD both had shared trophy lists between PS3 and PS4.

So is 2.9 going to include Dream Drop Distance too?? Or is it not a Collection?

KH3 Multiplayer is probably going to be like the Battle Arena or Command Board for Birth By Sleep I'm guessing.

Illucio

Banned
"2.9" makes more sense from thing angle, I think.

1.5 + 2.5 + KH3 demo = 2.9

It makes an admittedly weird sort of sense to me. I don't think KH3D is coming.

I can see this happening as well, we will probably get a movie built off the cut-scenes of 3D probably in this one. Nintendo probably has rights to the game, which is why no handheld KH game has been ported to consoles, with the slight exception of Chain of Memories because that game was a PS2 remake of the Gameboy Advance Game.

I'm positive with the name that we are going to end up with a KH3 demo for sure, or at least new world/boss monsters or something in any of the older games. (Leaning more on boss monsters and a possibility of a new keyblade or two.)

entremet

Why do people listen to Nomura? Or take him seriously about business decisions? He's a creative.

It's obvious we're getting a current generation collection.

Illucio

Banned
Good. No more spin offs. Unless they pull an Evangelion and go KH 2.99.

I can't even get into Evangelion because of how crazy the spin-offs, sequels, and everything as a whole has become. It looks like it was just a good anime like Kill La Kill by today's standards that was milked to death because there was a ton of room of sequel and spin-offs because people never got to saw all the Angels/the epic fight between them.

Squire

Banned
I can't even get into Evangelion because of how crazy the spin-offs, sequels, and everything as a whole has become. It looks like it was just a good anime like Kill La Kill by today's standards that was milked to death because there was a ton of room of sequel and spin-offs because people never got to saw all the Angels/the epic fight between them.

...what? Just watch the original series. That's all you need. There's nothing vital in the spin-off stuff at all. What do you think we all did before they started making that stuff?

RK128

So unsuprising news got announced :)? Go figure XD!

Pixar being in KH3 was very likely to happen (as Wood and Buzz was supposed to be summons/appear in KH2 Final Mix and that came out in 2007), MP was in prior handheld KH games, Square pulled the demo of big game thing with FFXV already and lastly it would be easy money to make another HD Collection on PS4 and PS3 (including KH3D this time).

All of this is expected and its nice to get a hint at some/most of this being a reality :D.

Shame about the X1 not getting a KH Collection (as Xbox owners never played the series before) but who knows :l.

Looking forward to the official announcement of KH2.9 and more info on KH3 coming out :).

BitStyle

Unconfirmed Member
The mention of attraction flow under 2.9 makes me believe it'll probably be a DDD + Episode Duscae scenario, unless they are working KH3 mechanics into DDD.

RK128

The mention of attraction flow under 2.9 makes me believe it'll probably be a DDD + Episode Duscae scenario, unless they are working KH3 mechanics into DDD.

Thats why I mention another FFXV situation; a demo of KH3 included in a port of the 1.5/2.5 HD Remixes and/or a HD remaster of KH3D. Makes since on paper (as it would be a great 2016 KH's game if KH3 doesn't hit 2016 :D).

The game sold so bad on XB1 in the US. I'm talking worse than a 3rd party wii u game levels of bad.

If we look at the split of MGSV which is a more western approach of a game and it sold a lot better on PS platfroms, I think that'll apply at least on FFXV. KH3 has Disney and it could appeal to a broader western audience, but who can really tell how well those games will sell on XB1.

After the first "leak" and this, it HAS to be called 2.9

KH3 Multiplayer is probably going to be like the Battle Arena or Command Board for Birth By Sleep I'm guessing.

I hope so. KH should remain focused on single player.

However, this pretty much also confirms the high possibility of multiple playable characters in KH3.

Hopefully Ventus is one of them (or dual wielding Roxas).

Shenmue

Banned
I need this so bad.

I hope 2.9 means that it will have every single KH game in some form outside of 3.

Disappointed they didn't call it Kingdom Hearts 5.8/2 though.

BTA

If it's 3DS (or better yet, just includes it), I guess I'm doing the whole rebuying a game I own but have barely put into thing again. 3DS, Chain of Memories (either version), and Re:coded (don't even own and have never played) are the only ones I haven't beaten in the series and though I really don't think I can justify replaying the whole series before 3 (even given how much I love BBS), I would like to get through those at least.

If it just has 3DS as cutscenes, though, I'll be sure to get around to the actual game before 3.

rhandino

Banned
However, this pretty much also confirms the high possibility of multiple playable characters in KH3..
Well, In 358/2 Days you can only play Roxas in Story Mode while in Mission Mode you can play as any member of the Organization XIII + Some other bunch of hews =P

And I don't remember when but I thought that there was confirmed about only playable Sora...

RK128

After the first "leak" and this, it HAS to be called 2.9

I hope so. KH should remain focused on single player.

However, this pretty much also confirms the high possibility of multiple playable characters in KH3.

Hopefully Ventus is one of them (or dual wielding Roxas).

I really think they are going pull something similar to what KH2 pulled with Roxas/Sora swapping roles, but it will be after a longer period of time.

Potential Spoilers coming:
At the mid-way mark (after visiting all the main Disney/Pixar/Star Wars worlds), you go back to Castle Oblivion and find Ventus's body, but Sora has to 'unlock' his heart to free him and Roxas (similar to what happened in KH1) but this causes Sora to be a 'darkness', thus giving you the option to switch to Roxas or Ventus, with each one carrying all the EXP, gear, levels, ect you gained over the course of the game. Roxas dual wields Keyblades while Ventus has a focus on AOE Magic attacks and mirrors Sora's moves.

Top Bottom