• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts 2.9 (PS3/PS4), KH3 multiplayer/Pixar spotted on Square Enix Linkedln

Philippo

Not too surprising it's not coming to XBO, Type-0 HD already sold very few copies i can see this not being worth the job.

Deserves shocking news title
Also keep in mind Xbox may not be listed because Japan and stuff, but might end up out in the west anyways.
Also 3D port is a secret kept worse than Gravity Rush port

This is from someones resume, so if he were working on a Xbox version it would be listed just like the Xbox One version of KH3 is listed. Kagari has talked about this before, but she brought up how XV and KH3 were announced at a time when Square thought the Xbox One's performance would be very different from what it is now. Look at their platform announcements since then. They've looked very different. And I doubt Type-0's performance helped any.

BiggNife

CHpkXVtVAAEdB8Y.jpg

This was also shown on the rundown for SE Presents in E3 2015, or it's a fake.

blurry offscreen screenshot almost definitely means its fake

Kouriozan

Disappointed that almost no-one played 358/2 days multiplayer or forgot about it.
Playing with Demyx was the best thing ever.

The Attraction Flow mention for 2.9 is strange since that's new to KHIII, but would 2.9 include a demo if it's also releasing on PS3? Maybe a demo would be exclusive to the PS4 version.

Multiplayer wouldn't be terribly odd in the series. Chain of Memories, Days, and Birth by Sleep all had their own multiplayer modes.

is that so :O i dunno..only played the 1 and 2 and BBS on my end and didn't know BBS had mp (unless i was not checking it out) :(

Almost certainly gonna be a kind of demo. The Roxas prologue from KH2? Whatever the equivalent is for KH3, that's what they'll put out a year early to hold you over/take your money twice.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Yes. But none of the Console games did. This isn't mentioned in 2.9 its mentioned as part of 3.

Well yes, but the team that is making Kingdom Hearts 3 made three Kingdom Hearts games (all post KH2 in terms of development) with multiplayer, so would it not make sense that it's also in their newest title?

I agree that it wasn't guaranteed, and certainly new info, which is why I put it in the title.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Yes. But none of the Console games did. This isn't mentioned in 2.9 its mentioned as part of 3.

Well SE Osaka is working on KH 3 and they were in charge of the handheld titles like BbS and Dream Drop Distance.

Edit:

2slow

Ochibi

Nomura did played with words ? He said Kingdom Hearts 1.5 & 2.5 won't come to PS4, but never said they won't come together in a compilation named Kingdom Hearts 2.9 (with Dream Drop Distance + KH3 Demo)

#Punseverywhere

Kinsei

Banned
is that so :O i dunno..only played the 1 and 2 and BBS on my end and didn't know BBS had mp (unless i was not checking it out) :(

You know the Mirage Arena? All of the arena matches, races, and command boards there were available for multiplayer in the PSP version. Unfortunately the multi was taken out in the HD rerelease.

HvySky

Will wait for Kingdom Hearts 2.98/2 Final Mix.

Also, I was hoping something like this would happen. No longer have access to a PS3 and have genuinely wanted to get into KH since I played the first on PS2.

Illucio

Banned
Called it. FREAKIN CALLED IT.

I'm so glad I saved money by not purchasing the 1.5 and 2.5 hd remix on PS3.

... Anyone surprised that this game isn't announced for Xbox though?

Called it. FREAKIN CALLED IT.

I'm so glad I saved money by not purchasing the 1.5 and 2.5 hd remix on PS3.

... Anyone surprised that this game isn't announced for Xbox though?

it isn't official yet, so anything can be changed. I don't expect a ps3 sku to release in NA for one

Rush_Khan

Calling it now: KH 2.9 will be a paid demo akin to Final Fantasy XV: Episode Duscae.

Download code with every KH3D Movie, or the other way around.

eFKac

People who like Japanese games and play exclusively on the Xbone are headscratchers to me.

As for 2.9 (love the title) this was rather expected despite Nomura's comment.

I'm always skeptical of these types of leaks, but seeing the name "Kingdom Hearts 2.9" sold me. It fits the series' unusual naming convention too well.

As much as I would love this to be a 1.5+2.5+3D collection, it's most likely some sort of standalone demo/prologue piece to generate interest and begin rallying a player base that spans multiple platforms.

And, on second thought, a port or remaster of 3D wouldn't surprise me either.
I mean, 3D is basically Kingdom Hearts 2.9 anyway.

Top Bottom