• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts 3D - TGS 2011 Information Thread [Neku Sakuraba And Details]

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I was going to buy this game anyway but the addition of TWEWY content makes it that much sweeter. I hope this means they haven't given up on that franchise.

overcast said:
I haven't beaten a KH since the 2nd one. Love the series though. I really want to play BBS, but I have no PSP. Can I dl it on PS3?
Unless they make a remaster, BBS isn't on the PS3. Square did say they were interested in remasters and Famitsu polls show people want KH remastered, so it is likely. We'll see.

BBS is great though, definitely play it if you get the chance ever.

weeaboo

iVOAd.jpg

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/09/1...ures-characters-from-the-world-ends-with-you/

The TGS demo has two parts. In Sora’s episode, you start in Traverse town. Sora calls for Riku, but finds Neku instead who is hanging from a roof. He jumps down and shows Sora the number on his hand and mentions he needs a partner to play the Reapers’ game with.

Oh GAF, I'm so happy right now :D

Whoa, Riku got a haircut, lol. looks shorter than the artwork. it'll take a while for me to get used to. :p

They look like a mix of KH1/2 designs. Interesting. Better than just rehashing the KH1 designs, I suppose.

by the way the new animal sidekicks things are adorable. I hope they don't replace Disney guest characters though.

mclem

So, wait. In my (*hilariously* misguided!) attempt to play through the entire KH series in order, I now have to accomodate a TWEWY playthrough? Oh, boy.

(On that note, I'm woefully behind, but I've completely lost track of the intended order. I've done KH1, CoM and KH2, what should come next? Yes, I'm going for *everything* that's been released in English, if at all possible, although I may have to make concessions for the mobile phone games)

Famassu

Uhh... why would you? You don't have to play through FFVI, VII, VIII, IX or X just because characters from those games are in certain KH games.

Also, next up would be 358/2 Days, then Birth By Sleep and then ReCoded.

mclem

Famassu said:
Uhh... why would you? You don't have to play through FFVI, VII, VIII, IX or X just because characters from those games are in certain KH games.
The FF characters - at least, as far as I've seen - are generally just faces; I can't think of any situation (other than Cloud mentioning a grudge against Sephiroth a few times) where their actual *storyline* from the FF titles has been relevant to their role in KH. From the brief precis here, it does look like Neku's appearance is also tied to - what little I know of - his TWEWY storyline.

mclem

Chef Cat said:
It looks awesome, but I stopped playing KH all together after going through 20 minutes of KH2.

Thinking back to KH2, I think after 20 minutes you've not even seen the *title*!

Man, that's a *brutal* prologue.

You should be playing TWEWY because I consider it one of Square's classic games, like FFVI or Chrono Trigger.

And my word is law.

(Seriously, don't go in overhyped. I mean what I said, but part of what made the game amazing is it surprised me with how good and progressive it was at every turn. If you're expecting the greatest game of the generation, then your expectations will betray you. But if you haven't played it, give it a chance.)

mclem

Megidolaon said:
Indeed. It's one of my favorites. I watch it every summer. Also has godly music.

Hellfire is better than Be Prepared, and I *adore* Be Prepared. Love a good Villain Song.

mclem

ShockingAlberto said:
You should be playing TWEWY because I consider it one of Square's classic games, like FFVI or Chrono Trigger.

And my word is law.

Oh, I *own* it. Playing will happen. It's just... I have quite a backlog. Ordering is key.

duckroll said:
I have a confession to make. I never played TWEWY. :(

You missed probably the best S-E game this generation. It's incredible they managed to pull this off with Nomura. The game actually has a plot of sorts, and SOLID character development. Gameplay is top-notch. Fuck, it's like everyone pulled together for this one game, now they are all in coma making shit remakes.

Famassu

ShockingAlberto said:
Well, this is certainly true. I mostly just meant that he doesn't need to make TWEWY a part of his KH playthrough.

The FF characters - at least, as far as I've seen - are generally just faces; I can't think of any situation (other than Cloud mentioning a grudge against Sephiroth a few times) where their actual *storyline* from the FF titles has been relevant to their role in KH. From the brief precis here, it does look like Neku's appearance is also tied to - what little I know of - his TWEWY storyline.
Neku is playing the Reaper's Game in KH3D, but I doubt you will be at all spoiled about latter parts of TWEWY just by playing KH3D. Most likely his part will end once you get that timer off his hand/fulfill his objective. I'm sure it'll be like all the FF cameos where the character's have storylines that sort of reflect the actual games but, on the other hand, are not even close.

Fuck, it's like everyone pulled together for this one game, now they are all in coma making shit remakes.
What remakes?

Besides, Birth By Sleep is right up there with TWEWY as one of the best games SE has done in recent years.

I have TWEWY in my KH now...LIKES!!!

So do I get Kim Possible and Jake Long now or what? Both of those universes are way overdue for some KH love.

Also needs more Sion, Kou, Volt and Dominique for no reason at all.

I'm wondering are Disney and Nomura gonna do Pixar now or wait for another game?

Too many questions and not enough answers to go around.

BlazingDarkness said:
I played like 30 minutes of TWEWY but I couldn't get into the combat, controlling both screens at the same time was really difficult for me

<_< put a auto attack take over on faster and you only need to do both screen on boss's then

Refugio

BlazingDarkness said:
I played like 30 minutes of TWEWY but I couldn't get into the combat, controlling both screens at the same time was really difficult for me

I had no idea what I was doing half the time and my hand would hurt really bad if I played too long but geez it was really freaking fun.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
BlazingDarkness said:

Try playing automatic at first, while slowly participating in both battles. it's easy once you get the hang of it.

Ok so, I've only played two Kingdom Hearts games (KH1 and 365/2 days - loved the former, try to forget I played the latter) and my interest in this has piqued since the TWEWY cameo reveal (and my recent acquisition of a 3DS)... do I need to play the others to enjoy this? Is there something I can watch or read to catch me up to the jumbled story told so far?

Seda

michaeltraps said:
Ok so, I've only played two Kingdom Hearts games (KH1 and 365/2 days - loved the former, try to forget I played the latter) and my interest in this has piqued since the TWEWY cameo reveal (and my recent acquisition of a 3DS)... do I need to play the others to enjoy this? Is there something I can watch or read to catch me up to the jumbled story told so far?

Just read the KH wiki plot summaries. I think it's best to play the games (KH2 and Birth By Sleep) but for time's sake, KH wiki is fine.

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
michaeltraps said:
Protip: Ignore the story in these games with extreme prejudice.

Why they will use always traverse town instead of making a Main Street videogame version is just stupid.
I hope they start to use Pixar worlds, but I dont have any faith that they will do.
But I hope to see worlds for Tangled, the princess and the frog and Tron evolution. More Olivia Wilde is goodness.

And the muppets would be out of this world.
But yeah, they are going to put the same shit as always and center in the shittiest story created for gaming.

BDGAME

For me, this game is Kingdom Hearts 3. i mean, what make a game worth to recieve a number in main series?
- Sequel from previos games? This is a sequel from KH1 and 2 (and BBS too)
- New worlds? This have it. All Disney worlds will be new.
- New gameplay elements? Many of future elements will be introduced in this game
- New enemies? The eat dreamers.
- New story? The plot of this game will be the beginning of the next one.
- Better graphics? 3DS can do that... and in 3D!

For me, in the main games, there are KH Zero (BBS), KH1, KH2 and this, as a KH3.

Levyne

Banned
BDGAME said:
For me, this game is Kingdom Hearts 3. i mean, what make a game worth to recieve a number in main series?
- Sequel from previos games? This is a sequel from KH1 and 2 (and BBS too)
- New worlds? This have it. All Disney worlds will be new.
- New gameplay elements? Many of future elements will be introduced in this game
- New enemies? The eat dreamers.
- New story? The plot of this game will be the beginning of the next one.
- Better graphics? 3DS can do that... and in 3D!

For me, in the main games, there are KH Zero (BBS), KH1, KH2 and this, as a KH3.

Does this game star Sora or Riku? Or do they each get ~50% of screen time? Who is the player character?

BDGAME

Khold said:
Does this game star Sora or Riku? Or do they each get ~50% of screen time? Who is the player character?
Yes, the main characters are Sora and Riku. We will play with them.

Seda said:
Just read the KH wiki plot summaries. I think it's best to play the games (KH2 and Birth By Sleep) but for time's sake, KH wiki is fine.
I actually think I've read those at one point, but approximately 5% of it stuck with me. Was just curious if anyone has ever done a video retrospective or recap of all of the games so far.

Princess Skittles said:
Protip: Ignore the story in these games with extreme prejudice.
I've heard this many, many times but I'd like to go into this with some sort of base as far as the plot goes, no matter how convoluted. 358/2 Days didn't help me in the slightest - all I remember is salt-ices and a clock tower. Also,
Sora is also Roxas is also a girl

Top Bottom