• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX coming to PS3 (2013) and KH Browser game for PC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exentryk

Yes. Yes. Yesss.

Never did play 358/2 days. That should be good on the PS3. Btw, this is for the west, yeah? Any dates?

Nope.

Birth by Sleep and Dream Drop Distance don't have PS2 versions to auto upscale, so that would take effort.

BBS and games like Crisis Core hold up extremely well at 1080p. Not much needs to be done besides adapt actually usable control schemes. BBS with a right stick = god like.

java-2012-06-05-23-53-07-44.png

SykoTech

It doesn't include 358/2 Days. This is basically KH1 Final Mix (except with Japanese voice) and KH Re:CoM in HD, and they're redoing all the 358/2 Days cutscenes in HD for the theater mode. It does NOT include the DS game, only the cutscenes.

There's also a social game for PC browsers announced.

Lmao. The saddest thing is, I'm not sure if that makes the Collection better or worse.

Still, looks like they're trying to get the series on the PS3. KHII FM, BbS FM, and 3D cutscenes next. Great to finally have the whole series unified instead of all the stupid platform hopping.

Please let this get localized.

Given they are upping the DS games cutscenes to HD I wouldn't really say it's half assed.
No, it's still lazy.

The DS game cutscenes were already created on their PS2 engine and then put into a movie format to play back on a DS.

So all they need to do is run it through the PS2 > PS3 upscaler. Don't pretend like they're putting anything into this. They aren't.

Heh, that "The past will awaken as a new number" nonsense from KH3D just hit me.

Really hope this doesn't end up like FFXHD, though.

Beth Cyra

RIP FFX HD

Why isn't this on Vita? It's a simple port (Or maybe in Days case, a remake?) c'mon Square ... :(

Nomura talked specifically about how Kingdom Hearts needed to be on console, a Console only release of this as well as a 2.5 should it come makes perfect sense. Even more so if they are trying to establish a firm base for a KH 3 whatever platform

Fularu

Banned
FUCK. YES.

Now where's FFX?

Waiting for the Vita to sell more (hopeless, I know... but still). I mean, isn't it a dual release? (PS3/Vita?)

Also, wasn't FFX HD more than just the upresed version of the PS2 game? Or am I remembering wrong?

NO 2?!?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

WHY MUST YOU TORMENT ME SQUARE?!?!?

JUST RELEASE 2 ON PSN ALREADY!

edit:
day 1 nevertheless

Beth Cyra

Waiting for the Vita to sell more (hopeless, I know... but still). I mean, isn't it a dual release? (PS3/Vita?)

Also, wasn't FFX HD more than just the upresed version of the PS2 game? Or am I remembering wrong?

We don't know what FF X HD is.

We've never seen it, and they haven't even confirmed if they are updating X or X Int.

Takao

Banned
Nomura talked specifically about how Kingdom Hearts needed to be on console, a Console only release of this as well as a 2.5 should it come makes perfect sense. Even more so if they are trying to establish a firm base for a KH 3 whatever platform

Because Nomura wanted to put KH back on consoles.

But Nomura has said there's not much of a difference between Vita and a console ...

Fuck yes! I've been holding off buying a used copy in the hopes of this. Though I am wondering what's witht the lack of two and the inclusion of 358/2 days. Though it would be awesome if they add online multiplayer to it.

Vamphuntr

It's pretty cool SE is doing this but they are quite stingy. They could had thrown 2 in there but I guess they are waiting for the inevitable KH HD 2.5 Remix.

I don't think I will get this as I already have the games in the pack. I'll just youtube the bonus movie Nomura will probably add to the game.

She was pretty much the reason why it was bad.

THANK YOU! At least somebody understands.

Game is gonna be a Day 1 for me. I hope it gets localized soon after it's released in Japan. Now is Days going to be Re: Days or is it going to be a straight port from the DS?

Mr. Fix

Fuck yes! I've been holding off buying a used copy in the hopes of this. Though I am wondering what's witht the lack of two and the inclusion of 358/2 days. Though it would be awesome if they add online multiplayer to it.

OP's been updated. Only the Days cutscenes are in this. Not the actual game.

I played KH2 and I didn't really like it. Is KH1 any better? Not sure if I'll even rent this, people sometimes say KH is like Demon's Souls, but besides the targeting system, that's not true at all.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
I played KH2 and I didn't really like it. Is KH1 any better? Not sure if I'll even rent this, people sometimes say KH is like Demon's Souls, but besides the targeting system, that's not true at all.

KH2 has a less wonky camera than KH1, but other than that I'd say KH1 is a vastly superior game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom