• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

Kitoro

Okay, I'll spring for it! Also, will fusing another one max the pips?

Lastly, what're we supposed to do with the 7x Sora and Roxas medals? There's one left over after maxing the pips. Is that to try and reroll the ability? If so, which ability is best to try for? And do I fuse them one at a time for a new shot at re-rolling?

Modoru

Lastly, what're we supposed to do with the 7x Sora and Roxas medals? There's one left over after maxing the pips. Is that to try and reroll the ability? If so, which ability is best to try for? And do I fuse them one at a time for a new shot at re-rolling?
Waiiiiiit hold up hold up holllllup

Do story mission 200 (or 250?) first until you get the bangle or whatever the fuck it's called

Once you do that you can actually guilt things
You need 7 copies of a medal to guilt. That's every dot +1 for the special attack. However, without the special attack bangle item you can't unlock guilt and the extra medal will be wasted.

Skittles

this was the best way to guilt medals until traits came out
Guilt%20guide.png

MAKE SURE you fuse only 6*s now though. otherwise you miss out on trait rerolls

Azuran

Banned
Aaaargh, I want one more Mickey and Broom so I can guilt my iSora2. I really want that Key Art #5 medal because I love that Sora and Kairi art.

I could also pull 5 more times as well, but I rather save my jewels for later.

this was the best way to guilt medals until traits came out
Guilt%20guide.png

MAKE SURE you fuse only 6*s now though. otherwise you miss out on trait rerolls
A medal doesn't need to be 6* to roll Traits. I pulled plenty of 5* dupes today and traits rolled each time I combined two of them together. As long as the medals are the same * level, traits will roll. Therefore, isn't this still ideal? Combine as you work your way up, and, at the end, use the 6* one with the trait you want to keep as the base (unless they are 5*+, I didn't try with 3* or 4*s)?

So um this happened...
1g7qdx7.png

The RNG gods have blessed me.

Most people already guilted/pipped their ib&b. Which means I'm probably one of the few lucky ones that not only got traits for ib&b but got one of the best ones possible for it.
I plan to get and put on SP Attack Gauge I asap.

Which means for freaking 2 special gauges, I will get 6 general strength!!!!!!!!

Originally I planned to maybe just use 2 ib&b and cover the cost with ill Kairi 2 but now I don't need to.
I have one more ib&b left, so I will probably remove the Max Gauges +2 if I get 1000+ str.
(related sidenote: Would there be any other trait better than Max Gauges +2? Like if I got 2000 defense would that be better instead?)

So um this happened...
1g7qdx7.png

The RNG gods have blessed me.

Most people already guilted/pipped their ib&b. Which means I'm probably one of the few lucky ones that not only got traits for ib&b but got one of the best ones possible for it.
I plan to get and put on SP Attack Gauge I asap.

Which means for freaking 2 special gauges, I will get 6 general strength!!!!!!!!

Originally I planned to maybe just use 2 ib&b and cover the cost with ill Kairi 2 but now I don't need to.
I have one more ib&b left, so I will probably remove the Max Gauges +2 if I get 1000+ str.
(related sidenote: Would there be any other trait better than Max Gauges +2? Like if I got 2000 defense would that be better instead?)
You just got a makeshift 0.2 Kairi. Congrats.

Skittles

A medal doesn't need to be 6* to roll Traits. I pulled plenty of 5* dupes today and traits rolled each time I combined two of them together. As long as the medals are the same * level, traits will roll. Therefore, isn't this still ideal? Combine as you work your way up, and, at the end, use the 6* one with the trait you want to keep as the base (unless they are 5*+, I didn't try with 3* or 4*s)?
I don't think traits combine when you fuse the two though. Correct me if wrong though.

I don't think traits combine when you fuse the two though. Correct me if wrong though.
Combine, no. But you can keep the trait you want out of your two medals by using that one as the base.

Few ?s:

- What skill are yall putting on iKairi 2? I'm thinking DB3, whenever I get one.

- Are Color Boosts (+3 Blue Moana / Red Maui and +2 Green iRiku) > -1 DEF of iSora2? I set up most of my blades as: iKairi2, Sebastian w/ SP1, iSora2, Attack Medal, Attack Medal but I'm wondering if the color boosts would be stronger?

- Will there be another +3 ATK & Dispel medals available in the future? I'm F2P so I couldn't get iBnB (thus, my reliance on Sebastian for +3). Not having to waste a medal slot on Belle / Antiform Sora / Alice would be wonderful for bosses who get a bunch of buffs.

- Is there a way to tell if a medal gains another trait slot without actually evolving it?

Kitoro

Wait.. if I already have the new iKairi2 with 3 pips, and 3 Mickey and Brooms, do I need a dupe iKairi2 to activate her guilt specials and get the promo medal?

You just got a makeshift 0.2 Kairi. Congrats.

I also just realized it said 40% power, and not 40% chance.
I thought it was a 40% chance of being activated. lol

Man, extra attack is going to be wanted for every single buff/debuff medal.

Wait.. if I already have the new iKairi2 with 3 pips, and 3 Mickey and Brooms, do I need a dupe iKairi2 to activate her guilt specials and get the promo medal?

How did you get a third Mickey and Broom???

How in the world do you have 3 mickey and brooms? But to answer your question, yes you would still need another Ikairi. 3 plus 3 equals six. You need 7 to guilt.

Azuran

Banned
How in the world do you have 3 mickey and brooms? But to answer your question, yes you would still need another Ikairi. 3 plus 3 equals six. You need 7 to guilt.

No, you get 4 iKairi2 when you pull. So you only need 3 more to guilt.

Don't forget the actual medal counts too.

Famassu

Oh, hello extra Meowjesty that I managed not to sell at any point. :3 Had forgotten I still had it. U gonna give me dat +1000STR for even more ridiculously overpowered free medal goodness.

Credo

I don't understand how reading comprehension is failing me so badly, but what exactly does the Max Gauges +2 trait do? I see that it says, "Increases your Keyblade's maximum Special Attack Gauge value," but what does that mean? I know about the required gauges to use a medal's special attack. At first I thought it might reduce those by 2, but that wouldn't make sense with a + in front of the number.

I don't understand how reading comprehension is failing me so badly, but what exactly does the Max Gauges +2 trait do? I see that it says, "Increases your Keyblade's maximum Special Attack Gauge value," but what does that mean? I know about the required gauges to use a medal's special attack. At first I thought it might reduce those by 2, but that wouldn't make sense with a + in front of the number.
You know how keyblades have certain amount gauges? Like 16 or 15 and so on? It increases that amount by 2 when you have it equipped.

My treasure trove has 16/16.

Max Gauge +2 brings it to 18/18.

So you just get more gauge bars.

Credo

I had a "duh" moment less than 2 minutes after typing all that out, but thanks for answering anyway :)

I still haven't pulled yet and I'm kind of terrified.

^Wow, that is extremely fortunate!

So, I got an iSora A and an iRiku B in the same pull. Before today, iRiku B would completely invalidate iSora A.

...Except I managed to give my iSora A an extra attack trait, making these medals basically identical from turn 2 onwards lol.

I'm going to keep using iSora A since he allows me to have +4 Power strength in turn 1.

Joqu

AAAAAARGH

Oh yeah, that remind me, what's your PSN? I don't think I have you in my FL :3

;)

On second thought I'll gladly be a phantom thief, stealing your heart sounds only appropriate in this thread

And I totally don't have you added, yeah.

...Well, my PSN's supamouse. Which looks like a pretty embarrassing name to me, but hey, Sony doesn't let me change it and I've spent a lot of money on it... I dunno if you'll be able to remember that's me though. >_>

Famassu

Pretty much want this for all medals huh? lol

WELL.
My last Sora & Roxas went to 99% guilt and the last skill was Str + 1000.

Today has been really good so far for this game.
Some healing or buff medals might be good for DEF+2000 and for some quests it might be good to get one or two medals with the Gauge +2 trait if you find yourself running out of gauges otherwise even with APP. Otherwise, yes, quick & efficient damage dealing is the most important thing in a majority of quests so +1000STR is probably the best result. That or "extra attack".

Skittles

don't downplay +2 gauges. I'm pretty sure all keyblades starting woth darkgnaw are going to have a max or 10 gauges.

i feel like the second attack on pure attack medals isnt work it. 40% is a huge nerf and I'm not sure if you could push past defense for multihitters with it. double +1000 str seems best for attackers and +2000 def( or +2 gauges) and double activation seems best buffers/debuffers

So like I have been saving every single medal ever since traits were announced for JP.
And today comes, and it turns out I had literally 0 Fantasia Mickey A medals.

So now I have to wait until Saturday to actually get some. ;-;
I've got like 15 medals 5* dup medals too.. :/

lyrick

So like I have been saving every single medal ever since traits were announced for JP.
And today comes, and it turns out I had literally 0 Fantasia Mickey A medals.

So now I have to wait until Saturday to actually get some. ;-;
I've got like 15 medals 5* dup medals too.. :/

Time for some 0AP chest farming...

Kitoro

Okay, so I haven't played in 9 or so months, and did two 10 pulls on the new banner, and got some great magic medals. All of them except Roxas have buffs, but my question.. do they all stack, or does the new Kairi render most of the other buffs null and void?

I'm not sure at this point where to go from here. Do I farm up potentially another 9k gems to get another Illustrated KH2 Kairi to guilt her, or just use my two Mickey and Brooms to get her 5 pips and wait until it's possible to get another to guilt her then, and use my gems to catch up on premium boards to raise cost and start to catch up again on the back-end?

I know if I go for another iKH2Kairi, I'll also get the special promo medal, but is that medal worth the splurge?

Psxphile

All buffs/debuffs stack, up to 7 tiers now (as opposed to 3 from before).

From experience General buffs and debuffs net better results than Attribute buffs/debuffs, but they work in tandem so feel free to stack them together.

EDIT: ^ holy shit

Fauve

Got a 20% Para resist on my iBnB..... Yay?

Anyways, be careful when fusing for traits. You only get one shot if you're fusing all at once, so fuse them all one at a time.

Feels so good to finally let go of all those jewels. I got a load of premiums from that pull: HD Roxas, Ursula, iRiku, iSora, and Key Art 3. I'm thinking of getting another iKairi with my remaining jewels but I'm not sure if I should save my jewels for a pre dotted deal later on. Hmmmm.

Now that I think about it.

Anyone else surprised it's the anniversary, yet no brooms, and not even information relating to brooms? lol

Maybe VIP boards next week?

Top Bottom