• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

So in order to not overload this thread with screenshots, I've put together an album of all my 6* medals. Of course, the way my phone uploaded them is a bit weird. So here's a quick description:

I need help deciding what to focus on. I need more Cid medals, so...Blah. But I also need help with that last XIII quest and also some ideas on where I should build and when I should be pulling.

Hmm, this is kinda difficult. A lot of the medals that you have guilted used to be good but are kinda outclassed right now unfortunately since they are tier 2 medals. I was playing around with a setup, Poohglet (a tier 3 buff would be better but KA5 is around the corner although too late for this instance), a complete debuff medal (Belle), general defense down, a BC Mickey, iKairi2, Nova and then the most ridiculously overpowered friend medal you can get your hands on. All of this on Olympia.

Not sure if would be any better then what you're already running though lol.

Edit: In general you could use more tier 3 medals, whether you want to bolster by pulling or hope that you can get more of those type through free events and there have been some fantastic free medals that haven't been too hard to get.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Hmm, this is kinda difficult. A lot of the medals that you have guilted used to be good but are kinda outclassed right now unfortunately since they are tier 2 medals. I was playing around with a setup, Poohglet (a tier 3 buff would be better but KA5 is around the corner although too late for this instance), a complete debuff medal (Belle), general defense down, a BC Mickey, iKairi2, Nova and then the most ridiculously overpowered friend medal you can get your hands on. All of this on Olympia.

Not sure if would be any better then what you're already running though lol.

Edit: In general you could use more tier 3 medals, whether you want to bolster by pulling or hope that you can get more of those type through free events and there have been some fantastic free medals that haven't been too hard to get.

I'm not against pulling for more medals. That's why I buy discounted iTunes cards, ha.

The question is, should I be pulling now or is there a banner to wait for?

Some help would be appreciated!
Here are the medals I have :https://1drv.ms/f/s!Ahq2ufm9t5ihp0eR5xoJ9Muk_Sjv
I need to out skills on Mal B(83%,with 3 rerolls), Xigbar B, HD Axel(maybe only has 1 dot), iKairi2, Marluxia B(100% with AB2 atm).
Other than event medals, BC Mickey and Vexen none of the screenshotted medals are guilted.
Skills I have:
AB3 MAX x2
Ab3&App
Triple threat
Sp1
Ab3&Ap&lux+
Ab2max&lux+
Ab2&lux+
Paralysis+
DB2 x4
Also need a setup for the high score challenge, I have another ikairi2.

image.png

650K damage for one medal is pretty nice (rolled +40% raid damage trait on master eraqus)

I wish we could sort medals by traits, or medals that at least have traits...

I was scanning my medals to see which ones have traits, looking for some raid boss ones.
And I think half my traits are freaking extra attack lol... which would be fine if they were actually usable for extra attacks.

Famassu

Stayed alive for 10 or 11 rounds in the weekend raidboss with the help of my ultimate defender Vexen B + iKH2Kairi's Second Change + a Def Boost 1 on the friend medal.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Hrm. I guess I could do the farmables. I haven't done those.
I still have 2 farmables that I never got max guilt, Jiminy Cricket (23%) and Selphie (22%). I must have rerolled them dozens of times each but never got better. I guess I could drop 5 mirrors on them since that would up my Nova by 10 but I just can't do it. :lol

Psxphile

Wasn't SENA supposed to start showing the % of getting medals from pulls or was that only Japan?

Only Japan, because of their gacha laws. Just like they resisted giving us Fantasia Mickey B for so long, SENA is under no obligation to reveal medal chance percentage from pulls unless "convinced".

c-murph

I still have 2 farmables that I never got max guilt, Jiminy Cricket (23%) and Selphie (22%). I must have rerolled them dozens of times each but never got better. I guess I could drop 5 mirrors on them since that would up my Nova by 10 but I just can't do it. :lol

Keep farming. Don't waste your mirrors.

Psxphile

Man, I would waste those mirrors so fast.

You've already seen that the chance of rolling higher gets smaller and smaller the closer you get to Max Guilt. At some point to have to accept it might not happen unless you expend a crap load of time, munny, EXP and Evolve medals to get those Tier 1 medals to 6* for guilting purposes.

c-murph

Man, I would waste those mirrors so fast.

You've already seen that the chance of rolling higher gets smaller and smaller the closer you get to Max Guilt. At some point to have to accept it might not happen unless you expend a crap load of time, munny, EXP and Evolve medals to get those Tier 1 medals to 6* for guilting purposes.

I don't know much about maths but isn't just a 1/16 roll every time? Not the best odds I guess; so you're call whether you want to spend the mirrors. I have like overflowing amounts of supplies and money so that wouldn't be an issue with me. Do a roll every now and then and one day you'll get it. Unless you're complete in a hurry and want it now... Which, seems to be the way with the majority in gacha games.

deanote666

I don't know much about maths but isn't just a 1/16 roll every time? Not the best odds I guess; so you're call whether you want to spend the mirrors. I have like overflowing amounts of supplies and money so that wouldn't be an issue with me. Do a roll every now and then and one day you'll get it. Unless you're complete in a hurry and want it now... Which, seems to be the way with the majority in gacha games.

You're assuming there's a 1/16 chance that you'll get 25% and not a 1% chance of getting max and 30% chance of getting 10%, for example.

Kitoro

I've projected out to have another 9k Jewels saved up before the event ends. I already have guilted 150% iKairi2 (terrible bonuses, though) and no iSoraII (I really wanted the guilted Key Art 5).

Is the iKairi1 banner as good as it gets for chances at 3 pip medals? I've got great medals but all at 0 pips.

How far off are we from the next game changers like the .2 and Tsum Tsun banners?

Any advice would be appreciated!

deanote666

I've projected out to have another 9k Jewels saved up before the event ends. I already have guilted 150% iKairi2 (terrible bonuses, though) and no iSoraII (I really wanted the guilted Key Art 5).

Is the iKairi1 banner as good as it gets for chances at 3 pip medals? I've got great medals but all at 0 pips.

How far off are we from the next game changers like the .2 and Tsum Tsun banners?

Any advice would be appreciated!

I've seen people with a guilted iSora ii the first day and others that have pulled 20 times and only gotten 1..

For the ikairi pull, the only thing special about that pull is ikairi. They've done pulls like that before where they were all epic, 2 were 3 pipped. They'll come again probably but no guarantee. Make sure there isn't anything else in the anniversary event you want to spend jewels on first.

Kitoro

Thanks!

I notice two of the 3 current 10 pull banners have lists of possible medals in which at least one is guaranteed per pull.

I'm assuming since the iKairi1 banner doesn't have a list, the guaranteed two 6* 3 pip medals are completely random from Tier 3 and up?

I know it isn't the end of the month.
But I somehow managed to get in the top 2k for Coliseum players. I can't believe I was able to get this high. And this is without using ANY attack boost skills either. And only one guilted medal.

Mostly just using some combination with my ib&b, ikairi 2, and Male B.
I really feel like if I put Attack Boost 3 Max or Attack Boost 4 or something on my Male B, I'd be able to maybe get top 1k.
But I really shouldn't because she has extra attack. I need to be patient and get the Attack Boost 3 max + SP Attack 2 for her.

I just would love to be top 1k to get 2 of the awesome skill...
Wish top 5k got 2 of them. lol
I know I can stay in top 5k probably but I imagine top 1k is very competitive.

I'm really enjoying being in the 6+ strength meta for one medal. I selfishly don't want 0.2 Kairi to come any time soon, because when it does I know I'm going to drop in rank hard for everything lol.

Thanks!

I notice two of the 3 current 10 pull banners have lists of possible medals in which at least one is guaranteed per pull.

I'm assuming since the iKairi1 banner doesn't have a list, the guaranteed two 6* 3 pip medals are completely random from Tier 3 and up?

Yep.
A few days ago a lot of us got a 'free' pull because of a mess up they had.
Most people got pretty meh medals.
I wasn't very happy with mine, but at least they were free.

Kitoro

I'm really enjoying being in the 6+ strength meta for one medal. I selfishly don't want 0.2 Kairi to come any time soon, because when it does I know I'm going to drop in rank hard for everything lol.

How far off are we from the 0.2 banner in Global, anyway?

Famassu

I haven't played for a couple of months that now and have 12000 jewels saved up. Currently on story quest 400. Should I pull on any of the events?
If you can reach 15 000 jewels, you should pull 5 times on the Illustrated KH2 Kairi banner to get at least one guaranteed iKH2Kairi.

How far off are we from the 0.2 banner in Global, anyway?

Japan got it like a month or maybe even a few weeks after Union launched for them.

Best/crazy case would be in one month.
Most likely case 2-6 months from now.

Hard to say really. So it could be sooner than we think.
But even Brooms still isn't "common" thing.

It would be weird if Brooms became "common" at the same time 0.2 came out.

And more is probably just Magic Mirrors and Chip and Dales...

"Complete these Gauntlet Challenge Quests to earn Jewels, Chip Medals, Dale Medals Magic Mirror Medals and more!"
And more...?
It won't be brooms right?
Probably just CIDs or HDL evolving medals?
Brooms would be a nice surprise.

iKairi 2 with Poison+. Yay or nay?

Most would recommend Second Chance or DB3 I think.
Posion+ would work, but it'd work on most AOE medals too.

WHOO! Bought this week's VIP and got 147 on my initial guilt of KDG. Had a mirror saved up so I only need 2 more for full guilt. Feels so good, man. Btw, i still have one KDG left. I have 1000+ Attack and 2000+Defense as the traits. If I should fuse the last one on, what trait would be good? Double cast seems kinda stiff since it'd only be 40 percent, KDG uses 3 special and also it's only single target. Should I aim for double 1000+ Attack?

Psxphile

^ I think if you can get two +1000 ATKs that would be ideal, yes. Double attack is only really worth it on buff/debuff medals for the utility, since the drop in strength on that second strike is so severe and even one extra tier for offense or defense could make all the difference.

EDIT: Chip and Dale V.I.P. challenges still available... guess I'll be guilting SDG after all.

Famassu

40% extra attack might not be bad for strong medals. I mean, if something hits for 200+k damage, I'd imagine another attack that hits for 80+k more damage is better than +1000 to base STR.

Btw, does the -20% to aerial/ground enemies defense trait thing affect only the medal it's on or all medals if you equip a medal with such trait?

Famassu

I imagine they will give them after the banner is over and they can just give them to everyone deserving of one at once instead of doing them in several batches.

Razmos

Got to around rank 3500 in the colisseum. I'm happy as long as I stay below 10k

Also managed to beat most of the Vexen event apart from the final level. Means I can't guilt Vexen B but I did get the extra attack on him and that's what counts

creid

WHOO! Bought this week's VIP and got 147 on my initial guilt of KDG. Had a mirror saved up so I only need 2 more for full guilt. Feels so good, man. Btw, i still have one KDG left. I have 1000+ Attack and 2000+Defense as the traits. If I should fuse the last one on, what trait would be good? Double cast seems kinda stiff since it'd only be 40 percent, KDG uses 3 special and also it's only single target. Should I aim for double 1000+ Attack?
If I remembered there was a chance of getting +1000 atk traits I probably would've gone for that VIP medal. Oh well, $30 saved I guess.

If I remembered there was a chance of getting +1000 atk traits I probably would've gone for that VIP medal. Oh well, $30 saved I guess.

Totally worth it too. This thing hits like a tank. Taking on all comers with this baby. Don't matter if they're speed or power or magic.

Totally worth it too. This thing hits like a tank. Taking on all comers with this baby. Don't matter if they're speed or power or magic.

It's great. I have Str +1000 and Raid Boss Damage +40%. It destroys absolutely everything on my Starlight +34/Sleeping Lion +26.

iKairi2 available for 1 more weekly deal early next week yeah? Just so I don't screw this up

Yup.

EDIT: Wait, what do you mean by "early next week"?

Joqu

It's great. I have Str +1000 and Raid Boss Damage +40%. It destroys absolutely everything on my Starlight +34/Sleeping Lion +26.

Yup.

EDIT: Wait, what do you mean by "early next week"?

I meant Monday and Tuesday actually

But it's probably just Monday yeah? Yeah.

First rolled a 137. Second a 146. Mirrors did the rest.

+1000 Strength
+2000 Defense

So this is what P2P feels like. Not bad, not bad at all.

giphy.gif

Ha ha ha ha ha...

Don't fall down the rabbit hole! It gets deep. :<

At this point I can't justify spending much money anymore. My medals across the board are rock solid.

Credo

It's pitiful that I can't remember this, but during guilting campaigns, is the maximum amount you can guilt something for raised or is it just the minimum amount you're guaranteed to guilt that is raised? Or is it both?

It's pitiful that I can't remember this, but during guilting campaigns, is the maximum amount you can guilt something for raised or is it just the minimum amount you're guaranteed to guilt that is raised? Or is it both?
As far as I know it's just the minimum.

Sölf

Only the minimum. If a medal can get 40% - 100%, during guilting it gets to 70% - 100%. Not sure if you need to get higher than 70% first though.

Top Bottom