• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

Kitoro

Ugh.. After blasting through every bit of content the game has available (aside from Proud Mode) about 17 pulls in on the Anniversary Banner, I've gotten 4 iKairi2 medals all by luck, none by mercy (and still no Extra Attack) and, on my second to last pull I'll be able to muster on the banner, I finally got the iSora2 medal.. if I can get one more, I'll be so happy, as that'll finally bring me to 4 fully guilted T5 medals, and this will all seem worthwhile.

Of course, I probably won't be lucky enough to get another in my final roll on the banner, and I'll be salty for a while. :p

Ken

i'm dumb

i thought extra attack: 40% power meant my attack stat was getting +40% and not that it was granting extra attack at 40% power

now my kdg medal is ruined :((((

Ken

Ouch. The notice about the traits did say that that particular trait didn't stack twice, though.

Yeah, I found the notice after the deed was done. I only started playing this again last week so I didn't even know traits were a super recent thing. Oh well.

c-murph

First rolled a 137. Second a 146. Mirrors did the rest.

+1000 Strength
+2000 Defense

So this is what P2P feels like. Not bad, not bad at all.

giphy.gif

Ha ha ha ha ha...

I prefer pay to win.

deanote666

Ugh.. After blasting through every bit of content the game has available (aside from Proud Mode) about 17 pulls in on the Anniversary Banner, I've gotten 4 iKairi2 medals all by luck, none by mercy (and still no Extra Attack) and, on my second to last pull I'll be able to muster on the banner, I finally got the iSora2 medal.. if I can get one more, I'll be so happy, as that'll finally bring me to 4 fully guilted T5 medals, and this will all seem worthwhile.

Of course, I probably won't be lucky enough to get another in my final roll on the banner, and I'll be salty for a while. :p

You used up all your luck on your iKairi II medals, dude.

I haven't gotten a single iKairi II outside of a mercy and only 1 iSora II. And I've pulled more times than you. :p

Azuran

Banned

Bro, that's a crapload of pulls for a pretty mediocre banner. Anything that has tier 2 medals in its pool it's usually not worth pulling more than the mercy pull.

The iKairi1 banner would have been a better choice to blow your jewels on considering you can't pull nothing but epics and above, with the added bonus of two of them being dotted.

Bro, that's a crapload of pulls for a pretty mediocre banner. Anything that has tier 2 medals in its pool it's usually not worth pulling more than the mercy pull.

The iKairi1 banner would have been a better choice to blow your jewels on considering you can't pull nothing but epics and above, with the added bonus of two of them being dotted.

I did 15 iKairi 2 pulls and have no regrets.

Probably because I ended up with this, though. ;)

deanote666

If we get one more M&B you could just guilt KA5 outright

But if they guilt iSora ii, they will be able to guilt both of them and give an ability to KA5.

Edit: I was in the top 1000 in the HSC! Looks like there was a rush last night on it since I fell 300-400 spots I think. Still in the 800's though.

Edit: Finally got past the round I was stuck on and advanced another 30+ rounds in the coliseum.

Andrefpvs

I'm new to unlocking Special Attack Bonuses, can someone help me out?

I only have enough jewels for one guaranteed iKairi2, but I have 2 broom medals. Would those 2 brooms be enough to unlock Kairi's SAB and get me the Key Art 5 medal? If they are, would this be a waste of those brooms? Thanks

Skittles

I only have enough jewels for one guaranteed iKairi2, but I have 2 broom medals. Would those 2 brooms be enough to unlock Kairi's SAB and get me the Key Art 5 medal? If they are, would this be a waste of those brooms? Thanks
Do you have Ariel, Sebastian, or ikairi1? if so then KA5 is not worth the use of 3 brooms (i still wouldn't do it if you don't have those medals).

No, you'll need one more. You need 5 dots + one more to guilt a medal (this tallies up to 7 of the same medals without any of them being pre-dotted), and the two brooms you have will only bring it up to 5 dots. You'd need one more.

iKairi 2 is not worth guilting outside of this deal for her, honestly. If you want to guilt her (and therefore get KA #5), do another five pulls. Use your brooms for your best medals.

deanote666

Made it about 150 more rounds from when I started this morning.

Will I stay in the top 1000 now... in the 500's in the ranking now.

deanote666

What level are the enemies at that point? I'm still pretty low and don't intend to climb that high, but I'm curious.

Enemies are in the 450's. I could throw some more mirrors on my king Mickey, donald, goofy but it would be a war of attrition at this point.

I could probably get past it but want to keep my advance by 3 rounds intact as much as I can.

Last round beat was 335. Got 456-458 enemies available right now. Ranked in the mid 500's.

What level are the enemies at that point? I'm still pretty low and don't intend to climb that high, but I'm curious.

Not as high as him. But I am rank 2009, tier 11 round 191. Round 192 has level 312 enemies.

Wonder if I can stay in top 5k.
As long as I stay top 10k i am happy.
Top 5k isn't much better than top 10k...

Man, that's a lot of rounds to clear. I actually have the capability of going that far now, though.

There's a pretty good 4-step path for every ten rounds this time around, too.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I'm on round 47 :lol:

Been focusing on the cross event stuff and also finishing the story. Is there any value in 3 Mickey'ing everything?

E: On the next banner worth pulling on, I'm going to go ham. I need to guilt some of my shit.

Famassu

I'm on round 47 :lol:

Been focusing on the cross event stuff and also finishing the story. Is there any value in 3 Mickey'ing everything?
3 Mickeying not necessarily, just get the mythril shards so you can upgrade all keyblades in time. Avatar Points are of course useful for unlocking nodes in avatar boards but those are less important as time goes by & if you play even somewhat actively, since you get some in weekly rankings and when leveling up.

Man, that's a lot of rounds to clear. I actually have the capability of going that far now, though.

There's a pretty good 4-step path for every ten rounds this time around, too.
What is this 4 step path?

3 Mickeying not necessarily, just get the mythril shards so you can upgrade all keyblades in time. Avatar Points are of course useful for unlocking nodes in avatar boards but those are less important as time goes by & if you play even somewhat actively, since you get some in weekly rankings and when leveling up.

What is this 4 step path?

1 -> 4 -> 5 -> 8 -> *repeat*

It's nice because you don't necessarily have to 1-turn the 4's.

1 -> 4 -> 5 -> 8 -> *repeat*

It's nice because you don't necessarily have to 1-turn the 4's.

At like round 150 or so turn 8 becomes unone turnable (for me at least).

Round 9 is pretty easy, except the last time I did it I had trouble because I have to rely on DB1/DB2 to keep me alive. Because they 1 hit KO me now.

I'm doing 1, 4, 5, 8, 9.
Once I can't one turn 9, I'll probably be done for the month.

At like round 150 or so turn 8 becomes unone turnable (for me at least).

Round 9 is pretty easy, except the last time I did it I had trouble because I have to rely on DB1/DB2 to keep me alive. Because they 1 hit KO me now.

I'm doing 1, 4, 5, 8, 9.
Once I can't one turn 9, I'll probably be done for the month.

Yeah, 8 is the hardest, but it's mitigated by the fact that there is only one enemy per group, so you can stock up on your best ST Power medals.

Famassu

Depends on your medals, but with the recent release of Maleficent B I can see this keyblade gaining a significant boost in usability (she wrecks stuff).
Twist that knife. :'(

I managed to mess up my Malificent B. I only had 6 medals so not enough to guilt but still, close enough that I might've thrown a FMB at it if I felt the medal was needed for something.

Well, it so happens that I screwed it up. I though I had already evolved a 3 pipped and 1 pipped one into 6* medals (I had one with +1000STR so it was really high up there among 6* medals) so I melded them together. Buuuuuuuut, they were still 5*. So now I only have a 3-pipped one and lost two Malificent pips. -_-;

Ken

Could anyone give me some pointers on how to go about progression-wise? I played a bit at launch but then stopped and came back recently for Anniversary stuff. Did a bunch of pulls with the free jewels I accumulated and went from story mission like 90 to 310ish at the moment. Hoping I can get caught up or close to before 0 AP is over.

I had a Starlight and Treasure Trove at +20 from launch, and then leveled Olympia to +24 because Google said that and Divine Rose are the ones to level, though I'm still a ways off from the latter Keyblade.

It feels like outside of pulling dupes for guilt and better medals, it's mostly just Keyblade level grinding to improve my stats? Also not really how this game rates medals or how to interpret medal abilities. So far I've just been putting buff/debuffers in the early slots and then big DPS last.

Psxphile

Twist that knife. :'(

I managed to mess up my Malificent B. I only had 6 medals so not enough to guilt but still, close enough that I might've thrown a FMB at it if I felt the medal was needed for something.

Well, it so happens that I screwed it up. I though I had already evolved a 3 pipped and 1 pipped one into 6* medals (I had one with +1000STR so it was really high up there among 6* medals) so I melded them together. Buuuuuuuut, they were still 5*. So now I only have a 3-pipped one and lost two Malificent pips. -_-;

Dude, that sucks.

Explain the situation to Square-Enix. They might deem fit to gift you the missing Mal Bs. I accidentally sold a medal I was saving to guilt a few weeks back but told them what happened and they sent the exact amount of medals I needed to restore it to the number of pips it had before a few days later.

Use this form. You'll need your member ID and possibly other details. It may turn out that they can't do anything for you at all, but it won't cost anything to try.

Famassu

Dude, that sucks.

Explain the situation to Square-Enix. They might deem fit to gift you the missing Mal Bs. I accidentally sold a medal I was saving to guilt a few weeks back but told them what happened and they sent the exact amount of medals I needed to restore it to the number of pips it had before a few days later.

Use this form. You'll need your member ID and possibly other details. It may turn out that they can't do anything for you at all, but it won't cost anything to try.
Thanks, I'll try to ask if they could help me.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Rolling 50% guilt with a mediocre trait on a premium medal is sort of a bummer. I feel off tossing premium medals at maxed medals for a chance at a better trait. Like, I know Leon B isn't a great medal, but I have 3 extra copies and feel weird feeding them off. The same goes for when you have a premium medal at 2-3% away from max guilt. :|

Could anyone give me some pointers on how to go about progression-wise? I played a bit at launch but then stopped and came back recently for Anniversary stuff. Did a bunch of pulls with the free jewels I accumulated and went from story mission like 90 to 310ish at the moment. Hoping I can get caught up or close to before 0 AP is over.

I had a Starlight and Treasure Trove at +20 from launch, and then leveled Olympia to +24 because Google said that and Divine Rose are the ones to level, though I'm still a ways off from the latter Keyblade.

It feels like outside of pulling dupes for guilt and better medals, it's mostly just Keyblade level grinding to improve my stats? Also not really how this game rates medals or how to interpret medal abilities. So far I've just been putting buff/debuffers in the early slots and then big DPS last.

Ultimately the keyblades you level higher will depend on what medals you have. Divine Rose is fantastic, but if you doesn't have the reversed speed medals to take advantage of it, it might not be the ideal choice. One reason why it's considered so good is that some of the free monthly Organization medals have been reversed speed. I recommend saving any gems you get (the upgrade material when you take a keyblade past +25) until you've got a solid setup for a keyblade.

Buffers first, DPS last is how it should be done. The buffs make a massive difference- having both iKairis put some you in a good place there. Guilted medals are massively powerful compared to their non-guilted counterparts. Don't neglect guilted Story medals- they may be stronger than non-guilted medals you pull. Do the math with their strength and multipliers to make sure if you're not confident about what to put in a slot. If you're in a party, hopefully they have some good shared ones. They can make a great difference.

Once you've gotten through the story quests, you can start working through Proud Mode (which gives its own set of keyblades as well). You can expect, at the very least, a free Organization medal event every month. Occasionally we get additional ones, like the recent Malificent B event. Those are great ways to get guilted
medals while saving your jewels for better banners.

You'll want to make sure you do Coliseum every month- you can usually get some good rewards by doing okay in the rankings. Raid boss events are also frequent, and presumably multiplayer events will be too. It's good to stock up on a Chip/Dales and Magic Mirrors from these, which will come in handy for guilted medals you think you're going to stick with. Do the adamantite quests (they cycle daily) when you're able, getting all of them done in 1-turn will get your keyblades all to +25. You can raise your AP and HP by leveling up, as I'm sure you've noticed. Take advantage of the weekend raid bosses to do this.

Ken

Do the adamantine quests reset their stock when they cycle back? Or is it finite ores.

I've got some progress into the Coliseum and Organization stuff though the latter quests are pretty rough so I'm wondering how to get stronger between events (though it seems like the key to completing the later quests are event medals I missed :(. )

Azuran

Banned

You should be leveling the keyblades that support your current medals. Divine Rose is widely considered one of the best just because of the large amount of Reverse Speed and Upright magic medals we got a while ago. Marluxia B and Classic Donald in particular were the main reasons why Divine Rose was so popular. Same with Olympia and Black Coat Mickey and later Meowjesty.

Ken

You should be leveling the keyblades that support your current medals. Divine Rose is widely considered one of the best just because of the large amount of Reverse Speed and Upright magic medals we got a while ago. Marluxia B and Classic Donald in particular were the main reasons why Divine Rose was so popular. Same with Olympia and Black Coat Mickey and later Meowjesty.

I don't have any of those. :(

Are there future medals that can replace those?

Skittles

Do the adamantine quests reset their stock when they cycle back? Or is it finite ores.

I've got some progress into the Coliseum and Organization stuff though the latter quests are pretty rough so I'm wondering how to get stronger between events (though it seems like the key to completing the later quests are event medals I missed :(. )
Finite ores

Oh, future medals from events will easily eclipse those after awhile. Try and grab at least 2 vexens from the current ORG XIII event and don't fuse them.

Finite. Don't need to do them again once you're gone, after 25 they don't need any more. There will be more event medals every month, so while you are missing some of them, there should be others to replace them. If we start getting more Fantasia Mickey B medals, you can start powering up pulled ones to make up for the difference as well. Your main focus should be getting through the story, saving jewels and powering up your Keyblades (the multiplier increases can make a huuuge difference).

Azuran

Banned

There's always going to be stuff in the future that will be better. So in the meantime you should focus on working with that you have and pulling smart in banners.

The iKairi banner right now would be a good choice if you have some jewels to burn because you can't pull anything lower than epic medals. While you're not guarantee premiums, you get two dotted medals every pull which can really help in guilting stuff if you get lucky.

deanote666

Think I hit my coliseum wall again until I get more mirrors.

Facing level 507 enemies now. Just barely in the 300's in the rankings. Last beat round 385.

Anyone think I'll make it in the top 1000 this month?

Top Bottom