• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

Sorry, was lacking context. It's completely inferior to my 100% Saix which has a Strength +1000 trait.

Wouldn't Lexaeus still do more damage on single targets? Especially grounded ones with your trait. His base multiplier should more than make up for the guilt and trait difference, assuming you're sticking him in the last slot.

Wouldn't Lexaeus still do more damage on single targets? Especially grounded ones with your trait. His base multiplier should more than make up for the guilt and trait difference, assuming you're sticking him in the last slot.
And he'll be more usable during the higher tiers/rounds of Coliseum since you got that trait. I got Aerial -60% for the Copters/Invisibles/etc. in Coliseum

CRS

1000 STR isn't the best trait anymore (for non buff/utility medals), not since the buffs Aerial and Ground def% got. I'd put it in 3rd, maybe 4th.

CRS

What's better now? Ground/aerial defense -60% or extra attack 40%?
It depends. If your medal buffs or debuffs, Extra Attack is typically better. If it's a two turn effect, Extra Attack is a must, even for raiding.

this is what I look for in traits:

buffs/debuffs - extra attack
everything else - Ground, Aerial, STR, Extra Attack

what attribute type the medal is depends how much I value ground or aerial. Magic almost always Ground. Power is a toss up, aerial wins here I think. Speed toss up as well, maybe aerial.

if you value raiding a lot, you can get Raid Power over any trait.

And this is just for tier 3 medals. For medals with two trait slots, any combination of ground, aerial, and STR will do.

Famassu

...And all that time and effort to beat the Lexaeus missions rewards me with a 75% Lexaeus with -60% Ground Enemy Defense.

This game can really suck sometimes.
Other than not getting the best quilt, that's not bad. The defense debuffs are the best traits for attack medals.

Skittles

Wouldn't having ground AND air be better than 1000 str?
Yes, unless you're using the medal for raiding

Edit: Just as a note, PSM atk up/def down is far better for raiding than GDD. The reason for that is because raid bosses have very little defense in the first place. So decreasing their defense has diminishing returns compared to buffing PSM or debuffing their PSM defense. So basically use something like a J&S over Dark Riku.

Phew! I just landed a hail mary and 3 mickey'd Lexaeus 12 and 13. Big thanks to my Guild Oblivion peeps for the guidance as I tinkered with my loadouts.

Lex 12
This was by far the hardest to figure out, and I had to spend Jewels to 2-turn it. Alas, I got it done after a lot of trial and error.

DR 29
Sebastian, Sp 1
Key Art 5, Sp 1
iSora2
Moana, 92%
Xigbar B, AB3M, 100%
Friend: KDG, AB3M, 150%

Initially I was trying to get SC to proc from a friend medal, but that was annoyingly unreliable and it stifled my DPT ability. I landed all 6 hits on both turns, so that was lucky RNG. I died on the enemy's turn 1 attack and hit continue. This started T2 with full HP/Gauges and no paralysis. I messed up the first time I did this by continuing on a mid T2 countdown attack, rather than from the T1 end attack, which cost me 100 extra Jewels.

Lex 13

DR 29
iKairi2, DB2, 114%
Pluto B
Key Art 7
Boosted Classic Donald, DB3M, 100%, +1k ATK
Pluto B, DB2
Friend: iKairi 2, DB3, 150%

The boss fight lasted 15+ turns, but it was easy once I figured out the tank route. I initially tired more damage focused setups, but simply couldn't survive. Once I heard about Pluto B's usefulness I changed my strategy. DB3 or SC is needed to survive the second monster's preemptive attack and I don't have either, so the friend slot had to be the source. DB3 won out because it's repeated procs are far more useful in a long fight like this one. The dual Pluto Bs are used to survive in the event that the DBs don't proc vs the boss.

Final Result

Lexaeus B, 89%, +1k ATK
Feels like it was well worth the 200 Jewels. I may drop 11 mirrors on him, too.

Tomorrow we get the Aladdin HSC with Aladdin & Abu and Aladdin & Genie medals. A&A buffs power and speed by 2 tiers for 1 turn and A&G raises power and magic by 2 tiers for 2 turns. We also get daily jewels and the second part of the HT I Sora medal. If you buy these 2 weeks of VIP you get a total of 10k jewels for 30 bucks. Seems like a pretty good deal.

Psxphile

Tomorrow we get the Aladdin HSC with Aladdin & Abu and Aladdin & Genie medals. A&A buffs power and speed by 2 tiers for 1 turn and A&G raises power and magic by 2 tiers for 2 turns. We also get daily jewels and the second part of the HT I Sora medal. If you buy these 2 weeks of VIP you get a total of 10k jewels for 30 bucks. Seems like a pretty good deal.

C_0_xbUUwAAgy5S.jpg:small

C_1AHjlU0AAQ-KX.jpg:small

Still got an hour before this week's VIP is over and done with. Just doesn't feel right plunking down 30 bones. Sure, I can afford it but it's the principle! I realize they've given us more value than in months past by adding extra jewels and uber medals...

Phew! I just landed a hail mary and 3 mickey'd Lexaeus 12 and 13. Big thanks to my Guild Oblivion peeps for the guidance as I tinkered with my loadouts.

(cut)
Apparently some people have been clearing the two turn objective in XII by having Second Chance activate after being defeated by the enemy's countdown counter in the middle of the turn, rather than at the end. They accomplish this by using an attack medal that drains your HP before the countdown ends on the first turn, such as iAnsem (which also has the benefit of dropping GD by 2). If you're revived, your keyblade reverts back to the first slot but your turn doesn't end... allowing you to pile on the debuffs/attacks (buffs revert unfortunately).

A good setup using this method, then, would be using Moogle of Glory with this loadout: any medal that can +3 GAB, iKairi II, iAnsem, Maleficent B, iKairi 1 and a powerful Friend medal (max KDG was mentioned). Variations on the formula might also work, ymmv. I wasn't able to take advantage of this setup but I'll post about it regardless since it might help someone else.

Which begs the question: if you're taken out in the middle of your turn and revive using jewels, will the turn remain the same as well? Might be a way to abuse this. The only real problem is that paralyzation is still an issue.

Which begs the question: if you're taken out in the middle of your turn and revive using jewels, will the turn remain the same as well? Might be a way to abuse this. The only real problem is that paralyzation is still an issue.

I can confirm from experience that if you do this you will not meet the objective, it apparently counts the post-revive turn as turn 3.

I can confirm from experience that if you do this you will not meet the objective, it apparently counts the post-revive turn as turn 3.

That's what happened to me on the first try doing the Continue method. Then I replaced my iKairi 2 with another GAU +3 and was able to do what I typed out above.

Also, I was all in a hurry to 3 Mickey Lexa 12 earlier because I mixed up the end dates of it with the gauntlet. Luckily, I realized my mistake with 10 minutes to go and was able to FINALLY beat the last gauntlet stage using Lexaeus:
Seb = SP1+2 Gauges, iRiku B = AB2+Extra ATK, Meow = 100%+AB3M+1k ATK, Lex = 89%+AB2+1k ATK, KDG = 150%+AB3M/Lux

The win was only possible with AB2 activating on both iRiku hits and Lex's. Sebastian's +2 Gauges gave me 18 gauges which was JUST enough to use all of my skills + friend. The with the Nova hit a total of 2 gauges were refreshed via attack prize orbs before the final hit, meaning 20 gauges needed and exactly 20 gauges used. *Wipes brow*

Psxphile

Despite what I said earlier I had a crisis of faith and just went full in with 20 minutes to spare. I now have a iHSora w/ both Air and Ground Defense -60% and 143% guilt on the first roll. I'll save the extra medal for the HSC, since it grants 14%.

Andrefpvs

For the past few weeks I've been getting my inactive party to a weekly place between 700 and 1100 all by myself.

Is there a Unicornis GAF party that I can join? So that at least all this effort will benefit people who are actually playing the game. Thanks!

deanote666

C_0_xbUUwAAgy5S.jpg:small

C_1AHjlU0AAQ-KX.jpg:small

Apparently some people have been clearing the two turn objective in XII by having Second Chance activate after being defeated by the enemy's countdown counter in the middle of the turn, rather than at the end. They accomplish this by using an attack medal that drains your HP before the countdown ends on the first turn, such as iAnsem (which also has the benefit of dropping GD by 2). If you're revived, your keyblade reverts back to the first slot but your turn doesn't end... allowing you to pile on the debuffs/attacks (buffs revert unfortunately).

I think my second chance counted as a 3ed turn, btw. I don't think I went to 3 rounds with it in spite of second chance. When second chance activates, it says player turn so it may count as a new turn.

Guilted my halloween sora b medal... +3000 strength and does 1 hp damage to tier 14 enemies in the coliseum with multiple buffs on a 2.3 multiplier on sleeping lion... lame...

Pulled 2 ill KHII sora's in a row from the KA7 pull... Just mocking me since I only got 1 KA5... I was able to start moving in tier 14 in the coliseum again though. Back in the 300 rankings...

c-murph

Still pretty early but I'm sitting aroun 6K in the Colosseum. That's like the highest I've ever been. Definitely getting a Second Chance II for HD Namine.

Razmos

Still pretty early but I'm sitting aroun 6K in the Colosseum. That's like the highest I've ever been. Definitely getting a Second Chance II for HD Namine.
I think you'll need to get a bit higher. It always goes crazy the last couple of days.

In the last coloseum ranking I was at rank 3000 which quickly dropped to around 8000-9000 and forcing me to get further.

What's the fastest way to get lux in JP?
I have 119 ap total and am level 117... (atm is 20k lux to level :/)

I really would love a 0 AP to happen tomorrow cause I desperately want to get the Tifa & Aerith. I've already pulled twice. So I need to do it 3 more times... (unless I can pull it early)

If I can get Tifa and Aerith, my set up would be neat perfect because I'd use
Tifa & Aerith, Shock Lock Barrel. Sephiroph Ex. Pongo, and Sephiroth Ex.
For the last Seph Ex, that'd be 6 gen str, 7 power up, and on the enemy 6 gen def down and 6 power def down

Even better when I can use friend medal because I could use a third Seph Ex.

Really sucks because with full AP I can only do about 10 quests. So about 10 quests/300 jewels each time...
Then have to grind at multiplayer (thank god for free AP on multiplayer so it will be possible to get the medal, but a big chore)
Will have to do that 10 times to get 3000 jewels...

Maybe I will make myself do a pull today, then do a pull tomorrow, then do final pull (if needed) on Wednesday before the deadline.
Less grinding at least per day....

tldr; How do I get lux quickly in JP? lol

Are there any strong Light Green attack medals out / coming soon that aren't VIP? It would be nice for Olympia and Sleeping Lion.

I have a number of strong Dark Green attack medals options (mainly Org XIII), but only Halloween Sora for Light. The rest of my Light Greens are buffers (KA5, iRiku A, iRoxas, Casual Roxas, etc...) or T2 (iYuffie, Master Sora, Limit Sora, etc...).

Farsi

Are there any strong Light Green attack medals out / coming soon that aren't VIP? It would be nice for Olympia and Sleeping Lion.

Yes, we're going to get a few strong single target light green attack medals coming up soon, if you're looking for AoE keep an eye out for Spoiler Medal 1, which will likely come from a banner and Spoiler Medal 2 which will come from a HSC.

I know you said no VIP but this medal is pretty good, now Japan got this as VIP we're not sure what SENA is going to do with this one. It's possible they could just add it in as filler into one of there 4 new premium type banners or they could do the 2 week VIP thing.

Besides those, we're still going to have to wait a few months until we get this monster but I assure you this one is worth saving up for, especially if they do what JP did with the banner.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Man, seeing the pulls on the new falling deal...I've used free jewels and have done a total of 7 pulls. Literally nothing to show for it. I can't even.

Credo

Man, seeing the pulls on the new falling deal...I've used free jewels and have done a total of 7 pulls. Literally nothing to show for it. I can't even.

You and me both. I was able to guilt Illustrated KH2 Sora, but that's not nearly worth what I put into it. Just shows that you should never look at other's results as motivation for doing anything. It's unfortunate we both had to learn that this way.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
You and me both. I was able to guilt Illustrated KH2 Sora, but that's not nearly worth what I put into it. Just shows that you should never look at other's results as motivation for doing anything. It's unfortunate we both had to learn that this way.

Yeah, I usually don't care. But between the two falling deal banners, I've pulled somewhere between 22-26 times (lost count), and have none of the featured medals. I pulled twice on JP and got featured medals each time. It's just so fucking weird how bad the Global RNG is.

Yeah, I usually don't care. But between the two falling deal banners, I've pulled somewhere between 22-26 times (lost count), and have none of the featured medals. I pulled twice on JP and got featured medals each time. It's just so fucking weird how bad the Global RNG is.

I've been playing less than a month, and I can do 500k+ damage with my current set up.

When I get Tifa & Aerith, I'll be able to get 1 million damage real easy.

Insane how my JP account is better than my global account.

My JP account is whale-like but I'm pure F2P on it.

deanote666

Trying to max out my Magician Donald. Currently at 44% w/ str+ 1000.

I have 11 to fuse to it.
47% hp +800
47% max gauge +2
47% ground def -60%
47% extra attack 40%
47% def +2000
47% hp +800
47% str +1000
47% sleep resist 20%
49% raid damage +40%
49% str +1000
49% poison resist 20%

Well, that was fun... :/

More cross quests tomorrow.

Now to work on my Wisdom Form Sora 44%

10 extra medals
44% aerial def -60%
44% raid damage +40%
50% raid damage +40%

Guilted a 2nd one at 38% ground def -60%
Well, that was more fun...

Genie 46% aerial def -60%

6 extra medals
46% def +2000
46% ground def -60%
46% raid +40%
46% extra attack 40%
46% str +1000
46% sleep 20%

Boo...

Pluto 37% extra attack 40%
5 extra medals
37% hp +800
42% str +1000
46% raid 40%
46% poison 20%
46% def +2000

More interesting than the last one...

... buh? Already?

C__jLS_UQAA5Rfz.jpg

fuuuuuck i've barely been doing them at all
fuck fuck fuck gotta get those boards done
I just played UC for the first time today. I didn't think my phone could handle it, but I can play just fine. Missed out on so many jewels. :(

At least I was able to complete the Donald / Goofy board and the first Mirrors one. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

c-murph

I think you'll need to get a bit higher. It always goes crazy the last couple of days.

In the last coloseum ranking I was at rank 3000 which quickly dropped to around 8000-9000 and forcing me to get further.

Yeah, most likely. I'm just saying that I've never been this high before. Definitely gunning for a Second Chance II though.

Free jewels and Magic Mirrors aren't good enough for you?

Too much effort. The very first uc board I completed by just logging into a game and letting it sit numerous times to get enough medals. But I grow tired of that crap. The 10 jewels for hundreds of medals just isn't worth it and I get enough Mirror just from events and proud. UC is a horrible feature.

deanote666

Yeah, most likely. I'm just saying that I've never been this high before. Definitely gunning for a Second Chance II though.

Too much effort. The very first uc board I completed by just logging into a game and letting it sit numerous times to get enough medals. But I grow tired of that crap. The 10 jewels for hundreds of medals just isn't worth it and I get enough Mirror just from events and proud. UC is a horrible feature.

I got over 1000 coins from one of the new cross missions, fyi.

Are you saying you just join and wait for others to finish it? You get coins from defeating enemies and opening chests. Plus just sitting around is boring.

Psxphile

I brought it up before but wasn't there supposed to be bonus times for Cross events in Global? Where the amount of coins dropped are doubled? Can anyone who plays JP confirm that this is a thing?

I brought it up before but wasn't there supposed to be bonus times for Cross events in Global? Where the amount of coins dropped are doubled? Can anyone who plays JP confirm that this is a thing?

"there'll be two bonus hours to help us out each day at 12.00 and 22.00 JST
during bonus hour, you'll only need to defeat two fierce eggs, rewarded lux is doubled and the raid boss's level will go up by ten each time it's defeated"

But that was for the old raid boss and not new one for JP

edit:

"there'll be bonus hours each day at 19.00 and 23.00 JST; rare enemy appearance rates will increase during this time"
Is for the new raid for JP.
So there is one going on.

Psxphile

"there’ll be two bonus hours to help us out each day at 12.00 and 22.00 JST
during bonus hour, you’ll only need to defeat two fierce eggs, rewarded lux is doubled and the raid boss’s level will go up by ten each time it’s defeated"

But that was for the old raid boss and not new one for JP

That's for Raid Boss Events. I don't know the particulars about how Cross multiplayer works in JP but before the Global version launched there was a graphic banner that displayed bonus times for double rewards. When Cross launched that banner was used but the bonus time text was missing.

Top Bottom