• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

Any ideas what banners will follow the current two in 2 days? Any chance it'll be 0.2 Kairi? Also, maybe Illustrated Vivi for VIP next week?
0.2 Kairi most likely won't show for another month or 2. People are thinking Illustrated Terra B will be on Friday. And yeah, probably Vivi next week with another HSC.

Psxphile

Hm, still time to blow some jewels on the two banners. I've only got a little more than 10k saved up... just not really sure it'd be worth it. Certainly with a Key Art or three I can do better in the HSC and nab at least one Vanitas Remnant, or go for broke in the discount banner and hope for one of the new Premiums?

Or just wait and see what gets announced tomorrow night? If it's nothing good that'll still give me about 3-4 hours to pull on banners and rush the HSC. Guh... why do I even care...?

Psxphile

Thought something was off when I tried booting the app and it started downloading an update: 15 new Story quests! We're going back to Daybreak Town, ma dudes.

Not a peep from SENA, though. Weird.

Decided to pull on the KA Copy Medals. Lucky enough to get something guilted in 3 pulls. KA Sky came out twice with 2 and 3 dots, and got the Extra Attack trait. The last pull had 2 KA Bonds, 1 with 1 dot, 1 without. The trait for those ended up being HP+800.

Psxphile

DEGQkE_VoAAcKIS.png:small

Boom. No word on mercy. Probably won't be any.

I have all 3 keys arts, and even the power one guilted... but I can't get pass 12.18 mill. ;-;
idk the set up I even have when I got that.

creid

I had a pretty dumb night with the HSC and KA banner last night. I pulled 3 red KA's that had 1 pip each, then fused them all at the same time (losing out on a trait). I then pulled again and got another red KA, this time with 3 pips. So then I start the HSC, assuming that if I do (good medal)>(KA)>(KA) in a row, that it will let me use the good medal 3 times in a row. This isn't how it works though.

By the end I was out 15000 jewels, didn't get the magic KA (the one I wanted the most), missed a trait on power KA, and didn't hit the 12 million points or get into the top 5k so no Vanitas Remnant ;.;

Psxphile

DETXIA1UwAAULwx.jpg:small

Really not looking forward to those new Hayner/Pence/Olette B medals JP just got when they come around to Global:

- gather from drops in Cross Union
- to evolve requires multiple medals of the same rank instead of FMa/fairies
- 6* versions of each can be combined w/ 3 Sea Salt Ice medals to create a new medal
- have to repeat the process several times to guilt said combo medal
- they're all 1 tier general and attribute defense buffs, only the combo medal is worth anything since it combines a defense buff of all and only if you can get Extra Attack and a 1SP skill on it.

DETXZxVVYAEyIjm.png:small

PPwe7X6.png

If you can max guilt them all you're looking at a Nova level increase of 24.

Hm tempted, but I wouldn't buy both weeks. Just one.

3 chances to get extra attack.
But idk if I'd really need because ib&b extra attack still working well.
Although 6+ attribute would be pretty great.

Farsi

Vivi is a situational medal, she was a god send in JP Coli for around 2-3 months, best part about Vivi is that you don't need to spend the full $30 to take full advantage of the medal, all you really need is 2 copies. Even when 0.2 Kairi comes out Vivi is going to be still very valuable because the medal can recover SP so you don't need to use KH2 Kairi. It will also give your best medals with Kairi a guarantee +7 str and +4 PSM atk plus a slot open for a de-buffer. Really good medal.

Wait so what's the best trait for Vivi?

DEF or Extra Attack

Extra Attack gives you more flexibility and the ability to fully buff a friend medal. Vivi is more versatile with extra attack since it adds an extra slot to the keyblade for anything else.

Vivi is a situational medal, she was a god send in JP Coli for around 2-3 months, best part about Vivi is that you don't need to spend the full $30 to take full advantage of the medal, all you really need is 2 copies. Even when 0.2 Kairi comes out Vivi is going to be still very valuable because the medal can recover SP so you don't need to use KH2 Kairi. It will also give your best medals with Kairi a guarantee +7 str and +4 PSM atk plus a slot open for a de-buffer. Really good medal.

Vivi is a boy. =P

creid

I see. Also we've been over this before but Extra attack trait on any buffer medal that's limited to 2-3 attacks and not a full turn is not recommended. That includes iVivi.

DEF or Extra Attack

Extra Attack gives you more flexibility and the ability to fully buff a friend medal. Vivi is more versatile with extra attack since it adds an extra slot to the keyblade for anything else.
I don't know who to believe! :p

So I'm pretty new to the game. I'm around quest 220 after about a week, and I was wondering if I made a mistake with lowering the cost of some of my medals. I'm using a 6 star Seifer, a 6 star Xigbar A, a 6 star Sephiroth, and a 5 star KH Cloud. I'm planing on evlolving Cloud at some point, but the other 3 medals are at level 100. Will these hold me till late game? Or did I screw up by dumping a bunch of Donald's nephews and Cids into them? I'm pretty sure I ran into a game glitch also, because the past 20 or so missions have haven't charged me any AP

creid

So I'm pretty new to the game. I'm around quest 220 after about a week, and I was wondering if I made a mistake with lowering the cost of some of my medals. I'm using a 6 star Seifer, a 6 star Xigbar A, a 6 star Sephiroth, and a 5 star KH Cloud. I'm planing on evlolving Cloud at some point, but the other 3 medals are at level 100. Will these hold me till late game? Or did I screw up by dumping a bunch of Donald's nephews and Cids into them? I'm pretty sure I ran into a game glitch also, because the past 20 or so missions have haven't charged me any AP
You can get 3 free Cids every day by doing a quest, so don't worry too much about spending them. There are also many sources of Chip & Dales via Coliseum, events, etc. so there will always be more. The only medals I would be very careful about spending are:
Magic Mirrors - these do come regularly but they aren't as plentiful as Chips and Dales. Save them for when you have a really strong medal you want to top off.
Brooms / Mickey & Brooms / (I forget what this medal is actually called) - you will get very few of these, save them for your most powerful medals.

Also a 0 AP event just started, which is why you aren't using any now.

There are a few bosses here and there that may give you some trouble, but aside from that you shouldn't have much trouble doing the rest of the main story.

You can get 3 free Cids every day by doing a quest, so don't worry too much about spending them. There are also many sources of Chip & Dales via Coliseum, events, etc. so there will always be more. The only medals I would be very careful about spending are:
Magic Mirrors - these do come regularly but they aren't as plentiful as Chips and Dales. Save them for when you have a really strong medal you want to top off.
Brooms / Mickey & Brooms / (I forget what this medal is actually called) - you will get very few of these, save them for your most powerful medals.

Also a 0 AP event just started, which is why you aren't using any now.

There are a few bosses here and there that may give you some trouble, but aside from that you shouldn't have much trouble doing the rest of the main story.

Got it. Thanks for the advice. I just read that 0 AP event goes all week, so looks like I'm going to spend way too much time with this game for the next week. Things were starting to get costly when the event started, so I'm betting the later quests have some crazy AP costs

Got it. Thanks for the advice. I just read that 0 AP event goes all week, so looks like I'm going to spend way too much time with this game for the next week. Things were starting to get costly when the event started, so I'm betting the later quests have some crazy AP costs

Yep, story quests get up to 25 AP a piece, makes doing them without 0 AP a pain. We also get 0 AP campaigns very regularly now, I'm honestly expecting them to either revamp the AP system or just put us on permanent 0 AP eventually.

Fauve

Here's a Reddit post (not mine) explaining how iVivi works and its interaction with any EA40 traits.

I've had a few party members ask me about how this works, so I figured I would post it here to make sure that everyone understands and can plan accordingly when building their setups with these medals.
Illustrated Vivi's special ability is as follows:
Raises strength by 3 tiers for 3 attacks. Raises strength of all attributes by 3 tiers for 3 attacks. Restores 5 gauges.

The ability includes its own attack, so using this medal's special ability would buff itself and two attacks after it. Note that this says ATTACKS, not medals. This is an important distinction now that the Extra Attack trait has changed the way that medals like this will function. Let's put out a few examples:
Ivivi buffs itself in slot 3, the attack of the medal in slot 4 with no Extra Attack, and the attack of the medal in slot 5.
Ivivi buffs itself in slot 3, the attack of the medal in slot 4, and the extra attack in slot 4.

Once Extra Attack is added to the medal, this begins to get a little bit more confusing. The first cast will buff itself, the second cast, and the next attack. The second cast will buff itself, and the next two attacks. This means that only one attack (that is not Ivivi itself) will benefit from the full +6 GAU and +6 PSM. Here's an example:
Ivivi in slot 3 with extra attack. The first cast will give +3 buff to itself, the second cast of Ivivi, and one attack after that (whatever attacks in slot 4). The second cast will buff itself (for a total of +6), then the next attack for a total of +6, then the following attack for +3. So your first attack in slot 4 will have a +6 attack, and (if your medal has Extra Attack), the second attack will have +3. Otherwise, slot 4 gets +6 and slot 5 gets +3.
Here's my recommendation: if you roll Extra Attack on Ivivi, put it in slot 3 of a keyblade like MoG or Olympia. Since slot 4 has the highest multiplier on these keyblades, giving that attack with your strongest medal in the 4th slot the highest buff. For instance, if you have HD Ursula, putting her after Ivivi on MoG will hit the hardest from slot 4.
Confused? Maybe. Ask questions if you have them!

Did I miss something in the story? I just finished the 230-250 quests of Daybreak Town, and I was just going around mopping up Neoshadows. Then at the end, some other Chirithy is telling me that my friend broke a promise, and another Chirithy dies because it's owner fell into darkness. Who are they even talking about? I have no idea who this friend that broke a promise could even be.

Psxphile

Did I miss something in the story? I just finished the 230-250 quests of Daybreak Town, and I was just going around mopping up Neoshadows. Then at the end, some other Chirithy is telling me that my friend broke a promise, and another Chirithy dies because it's owner fell into darkness. Who are they even talking about? I have no idea who this friend that broke a promise could even be.

They're talking about the three key kids you met earlier. They all agreed to pool their resources to hunt down the NeoShadows and return to the room you met them in to report. They didn't return, and it's implied they were "killed" by the NeoShadows. That Chirithy you see belonged to one of them.

Psxphile

Hm, SENA hasn't updated yet with tomorrow's Org XIII event so I guess I'll just pull from the JP update:

DEj2cWmVwAIDO7c.png:small

Saix B
[Random target(s) | 5 SP cost] Inflicts 12 hits that deal more damage the more SP you have remaining.

Skittles

Hm, SENA hasn't updated yet with tomorrow's Org XIII event so I guess I'll just pull from the JP update:

DEj2cWmVwAIDO7c.png:small

Saix B
[Random target(s) | 5 SP cost] Inflicts 12 hits that deal more damage the more SP you have remaining.
Plus proud+ quests and possibly proud mode quests

Famassu

Haven't been playing KHUX too much in the last week but lol they didn't just have a fucking pointless filler questline that amounts to the millionth time even KHUX has a "friendship is power" message, almost 700 quests in. -_-; I hope we have less of this shitty filler past the apocalypse.

Psxphile

Along with the Saix event there are new Premium Avatar Boards available. Included with each board is a Magic Gem, Attack Boost IV, Second Chance II, and ATK B III Max & SP GA I skills.

Nothing was listed about new Proud quests.

Skittles

Along with the Saix event there are new Premium Avatar Boards available. Included with each board is a Magic Gem, Attack Boost IV, Second Chance II, and ATK B III Max & SP GA I skills.

Nothing was listed about new Proud quests.
Sigh, another skipped proud+ week. Moon gems are gonna get delayed at this rate.
Anyone else notice we're only getting 20 jewels from the Saix quests...
Probably because we have weekly jewels this week. Still gives 260 jewels for all. Can get roughly 4400+1400+260+600=6660 jewels this week if you buy/do everything.

Psxphile

I made it to Saix XI but without more Power Defense I can't survive the wolf's counter attacks. I have a Pluto B but no Extra attack, and no shared medals that help either.

+4 power defense isn't enough for quest XIII.

Stuck there myself.

I've tried Cinderlla & Jaq with copy cat medal, plus my friend medal Cinderlla & Jaq WITH EXTRA ATTTACK. And still am dying..

One of the enemies reduces power defense because I was maxed out on attribute stuff, except for power defense which was only 3 for some reason.

Hard RND quest like always lol. :/

deanote666

I've tried Cinderlla & Jaq with copy cat medal, plus my friend medal Cinderlla & Jaq WITH EXTRA ATTTACK. And still am dying..

One of the enemies reduces power defense because I was maxed out on attribute stuff, except for power defense which was only 3 for some reason.

Hard RND quest like always lol. :/

I don't even make it to the friend medal, lol. Not enough good single hit medals.

Psxphile

Made it past XI, but XII stopped me again even with the new setup. But I saw somebody put up an SP Cinderella w/ extra attack and that helped tremendously. Let's see how it works for XIII.

EDIT: lol nope

Top Bottom