• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

Skittles

+4 power defense isn't enough for quest XIII.

Stuck there myself.
Screenshot_20170713-230951.png

used this for 13. pluto has EA

0.2 Kairi should be here in like 2 weeks... I am actually sad about this, because I've loved being 'above' others with my ib&b extra attack. Coliseum gonna get a lot harder. :/

Medals left before shit gets real.
Man Wearing a Black Coat (HSC next time?), Sora Wisdom F HD Ver, Ventus HD Ver, Ansem SP Ver, Chernabog (HSC?), Sora Art Ver EX, Key Art #10 (VIP)

So really banner wise left is
Sora Wisdom F HD Ver, Ventus HD Ver, Ansem SP Ver, and Sora Art Ver EX.

4 medals away until the big boy medals start to come. (Unless they push some medals up first)
0.2 Kairi will be after that and a week after that or 2 weeks after that will be Tsum Tsum. And the week or 2 after Tsum Tsum will be Sephiroth EX...

So pretty much you have to decide which banner you want to pull the most from. Tsum Tsum gives almost a guaranteed guilt within 5 pulls or so. 0.2 Kairi and Seph Ex will both be no mercy.

Am curious, which medal are you guys saving for?

I'm personally torn between Tsum Tsum, and Seph Ex. Seph Ex, has been soooooo amazing in JP. I literally do 1 million damage when I have max buffers and max debuffers on the enemies in JP. Tsum Tsum and Seph Ex had their banner literally up at the same time in JP as well... I'm hoping Tsum Tsum comes out earlier than it should, like next week. They did the the Key Art copy cat medals after all...
Tsum Tsum also hasn't had a reprint, while WoFF medals have had 2 reprints already.

Free jewels incoming? We gonna need them. lol

Famassu

At least the HSC was an easy 12 Magic Mirrors. Went through all of it, even the lvl 900 enemy, and I'm still 5 million points away from the top reward and outside of the Top 5000 so another worthless HSC for me. Don't even remember when was the last time I got something good out of one. The Donald & Daisy was ok but I didn't get Extra Attack for it so it's pretty worthless.

And I'm not even sure what I'm saving jewels for. Not like I'm gonna get anything good.

Skittles

#2 it is.

What are they up to?
Either:
1. Vip boards
2. Free 3k jewels
3. M&B
4. Update news
5. New medal which corresponds to the new KH3 world.
I'm leaning towards 5 and 2 being the most likely

At least the HSC was an easy 12 Magic Mirrors. Went through all of it, even the lvl 900 enemy, and I'm still 5 million points away from the top reward and outside of the Top 5000 so another worthless HSC for me. Don't even remember when was the last time I got something good out of one. The Donald & Daisy was ok but I didn't get Extra Attack for it so it's pretty worthless.

And I'm not even sure what I'm saving jewels for. Not like I'm gonna get anything good.
You got a guaranteed 0.2 kairi in less than a month. No way that isnt a mercy unless they want to lose 100-1000s of people. Then you have the tsum tsum banner which will be like the copy medal banner(one guarnteed every pull).

Man, that Saix XIII quest is something else. Fortunately, I didn't need to waste resources to do it, but man wasn't it a chore to get the RNG to work in my favor.

My setup on Starlight +35 (every medal besides iVivi had max guilt):
-Owl, DBII, Extra Attack
-iKairi2, Triple Threat (which was useless, actually), Extra Attack
-iVivi, DBIII, Extra Attack & Defense +2000
-Mickey & Donald & Goofy, ABIII Max & Lux+, Strength +1000
-Blue Copy Key Art, ABIII & Lux+, Strength +1000
-Friend's iKairi2, Second Chance II

So I eventually found a gameplan that allowed me to have a non-zero chance of succeeding. Here's what I had to do:

1. Use Owl's special once. Tap on the Demon.
2. Use iKairi2's special twice. Triple Threat activation irrelevant.
3. Tap on the Demon with iVivi, then use his special.
~~~ (all steps between here and the next set of curly braces need to be accomplished while paralyzed)
4. Use MDG's special on Demon.
5. Use Blue Copy Key Art's special on Werewolf.
6. Survive Werewolf counter with SCII.
7. Tap on the Demon twice with Owl (optional, being paralyzed here is OK).
8. Use iKairi2's special twice.
9. Use iVivi's special twice.
10. Use MDG's special to kill Werewolf.
11. Use Blue Copy Key Art's special on Dual Blade.
11b. If skill fails to activate, use level 705 Nova and friend's iKairi2 here to kill Dual Blade.
~~~
12. Survive Demon's attack with DBII or DBIII.
13. Finish off Demon with flurry of special attacks.

This would have been so much easier if Second Chance could activate more than once per turn... which is something I just learned while doing all of this. The fact that there's no mention of that in the game is so dumb.

Could the screenshots in this Famitsu article suggest KH3 Sora EX could be an AoE +3 speed attack buffer and -1 Speed defense debuffer?

EDIT:
wchQrsw.jpg

IwvoeOv.jpg

just noticed the guilt

Notice how it says 2+ magic defense?
It might be -3 speed defense....

That's a damn good free medal.
Wouldn't it literally be Axel EX but upright?

I had a feeling it would be tier 5, because it's an EX medal.

How hard would you guys say the game is for the main scenario quests. I tired to watch a summary but it was so batshit insane I think I have to play it to understand. Do i have to pay money to earn metals just to complete the main content?

Sorry if these are stupid or old questions but I'm intrested because i kinda like what i played, but I'm so far from scratching the surface.

Sölf

How hard would you guys say the game is for the main scenario quests. I tired to watch a summary but it was so batshit insane I think I have to play it to understand. Do i have to pay money to earn metals just to complete the main content?

Sorry if these are stupid or old questions but I'm intrested because i kinda like what i played, but I'm so far from scratching the surface.

First of all, don't expect much from the story. The first 300 quests are basically only disney stuff that has nothing to do with the main story and even nowadays (we are at Quest ~650) we still get some random quests. So it will take time until you get to the more interesting stuff.

You don't have to pay money, but it will definitly take some time. I've been playing for over a year now and only paid money 4 times for the weekly thingy.

For the most part, the game is rather easy. However, there a few difficulty spikes throughout the game. The first one is probably the fight with Cerberus at Quest ~314 or so. You definitly need some medals to get past him and a few later bosses, but considering we now have soooo many good medals we didn't have when this content was new and also it's no longer possible to get free medals when you use your jewels (the premium currency you can buy with money) to pull medals, which could totally fuck you over in the beginning. So, maybe the hard parts are actually rather easy nowadays, but I can't be sure. If you lack a few really important medals when you get there, you may actually be completely walled off and can't continue.

Skittles

Story content is extremely easy nowadays because of the new trait system. Unless you made significant progress the last time you played, then it'd be best to just start over because new players get tons of goodies. Also, save your jewels until the 0.2 kairi medal(she'll come out in within a month) . She's an extremely powerful medal which will make everything a cake walk for what you're doing.

Also, GAFKingdom has some spots open if anyone needs a party

The medal is out

AoE +2 Speed Attack, -2 Speed Defense, damage scaled by HP, 2 Gauges

It's also gonna be a VIP Medal if you want to guilt it

Farsi

Don’t waste your time guys, this medal is a good buffer but as an attack medal will become obsolete before the time it takes to actually guilt the thing.
No where near worth $100.

Vivi 2nd batch of quests is tomorrow right?
And KH3 Sora's starts tomorrow.

I wonder if we will get 1400 jewels for each one.

If so, you almost get 6k jewels total for one week of VIP. That's pretty good.

Edit: Also happy about just getting one tbh. This is great for people who didn't pull for Axel Ex. Especially since most people pulled for key arts.
ikairi2, KH3SoraEx, key art, and that's 5 speed up and 5 speed down.

Psxphile

Vivi 2nd batch of quests is tomorrow right?
And KH3 Sora's starts tomorrow.

I wonder if we will get 1400 jewels for each one.

If so, you almost get 6k jewels total for one week of VIP. That's pretty good.

VIP Sora EX will probably be just a single quest, like Cids/chip&dale quests, that refreshes every week. I'm not expecting extra jewels from that.

VIP Sora EX will probably be just a single quest, like Cids/chip&dale quests, that refreshes every week. I'm not expecting extra jewels from that.

Ah, you are right, says quest on it.
Well I guess it's just a little bonus for the dolphins who buy VIP every week,
A shame key art 10, which comes after Vivi freaking sucks. lol

so they nerfed it, huh? Also: 6 weeks of VIP to guilt but the campaign is listed to end on August 3rd?

The medal is out

AoE +2 Speed Attack, -2 Speed Defense, damage scaled by HP, 2 Gauges

It's also gonna be a VIP Medal if you want to guilt it

Turns out in JP, it's +3 speed, -3 speed.
Probably because Axel Ex is old I guess.

Axel Ex is new to us in global, so they nerfed it to make Axel Ex still desirable I imagine.

deanote666

Gold Member
When you're in cross and see a camper's keyblade sticking out from behind where they're hiding...

I think they're going to lose players if it really is 1 Sora ex per week...

When you're in cross and see a camper's keyblade sticking out from behind where they're hiding...

I think they're going to lose players if it really is 1 kh3Sora ex per week...

A lot of people are mad about the situation. And I understand.
But with his nerfed stats, he's not really worth getting. (Especially since everyone got one free already for buffers)
Axel Ex is better, and in the future Roxas Ex will be even better.

It last 2 months. When that last kh3Sora Ex comes out, we'll be super close to Roxas Ex.

Psxphile

I think they're going to lose players if it really is 1 Sora ex per week...

I wonder if they'll still be camping when they introduce MVP rewards in Union Cross like they just did in JP.

DEn4DowUwAANx76.jpg:small

- most damage (in percentage)
- most revives

Psxphile

going for broke

DEuQPApUAAAAa3n.jpg:small

DEuPqRkUQAQE9yO.png:small

New Union Cross, Weekly Raid Event and mutiple Gem Deals. As they only have 5 medals will they be 1500 jewels or will SENA raise the price?

Psxphile

Either way, if you have the jewels this will probably be the best way to completely level several of the keyblades since they're not imposing any limits. Again, if you have the jewels. Shit's gonna be expensive no matter what the price is.

CRS

Either way, if you have the jewels this will probably be the best way to completely level several of the keyblades since they're not imposing any limits. Again, if you have the jewels. Shit's gonna be expensive no matter what the price is.
they might impose a limit of two/three per each deal per day

Top Bottom