• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

c-murph

Yes, if copy medals are allowed for a Proud quest you basically can use any medal you want.

Damn, slow on the news. But should help with some set of my sets ups now. I hate constantly changing things. Now if I can get buff and one good attack medal I should be good.

Psxphile

You just run through and NOVA? I think I'm going to go that route. lol

Some of the Dark Matter objectives in later Proud quests are easily cleared this way. It's usually best (especially with 0AP in effect) to complete the 1-turn objectives first and then run through the quest once more with the appropriate deck setup and NOVA the shit out of the target mob, rather than try to do all three simultaneously. It helps if your NOVA level is high, though.

deanote666

Not sure if old news but I just realized that a copy medal (HD Namine) if allowed in Proud mode will still activate the next medal keyblade even if it isn't allowed for that level. I thought for sure it was going to fail but I got the Key Art #11 attack buffs and everything.

Yes, if copy medals are allowed for a Proud quest you basically can use any medal you want.

ikairi II is good for this where copy medals are allowed and you need 20k damage.

Well yeah, but we're talking about Proud quests where you can't always use the medals you want to use to meet the objectives.

But wouldn't you benefit more from copying stronger medals, or is it because proud enemies have a lot more gen def?

200 proud quests to go for dat single FMB~

Though it'll let me have two more Tsum Tsum pulls as well.

Why would you want to pull for them? Especially if its only 2 pulls.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
But wouldn't you benefit more from copying stronger medals, or is it because proud enemies have a lot more gen def?
Proud quests have restrictions on which medals you can use for a given quest. For example there are some that say you can only use the special attack of single-target medals but if you equip a multi-target medal and use a copy medal you can get away with doing a multi-target special attack. You can sometimes get around restrictions this way.

deanote666

Depends on what medals you have and what the requirements are for the level. If you don't have anything powerful enough meeting the requirements to complete the level, then copy a medal that doesn't meet the requirements. If you have powerful medals that do meet the requirements, then it doesn't matter if you copy or not.

Use the best medals you can, whether it's a copy medal or not. Not all the levels require the absolute best medals to complete. Some just make it easier than others.

I do recommend copying multi target medals in single target only levels as well as buffers.

Depends on what medals you have and what the requirements are for the level. If you don't have anything powerful enough meeting the requirements to complete the level, then copy a medal that doesn't meet the requirements. If you have powerful medals that do meet the requirements, then it doesn't matter if you copy or not.

Use the best medals you can, whether it's a copy medal or not. Not all the levels require the absolute best medals to complete. Some just make it easier than others.

I do recommend copying multi target medals in single target only levels as well as buffers.

Oh I was moreso talking about why you said "ikairi II is good for this where copy medals are allowed and you need 20k damage."

For copying ikairi2 just for 20k.

Although I just texted out Man in Black with my guilted Key Art sky, and its pretty sweet. lol
Thinking of guilting my HD Namine because then I can use it twice more since she has extra attack (and because its fixed damaged it won't be 40% less for the hit right?)

Oh I was moreso talking about why you said "ikairi II is good for this where copy medals are allowed and you need 20k damage."

For copying ikairi2 just for 20k.

Although I just texted out Man in Black with my guilted Key Art sky, and its pretty sweet. lol
Thinking of guilting my HD Namine because then I can use it twice more since she has extra attack (and because its fixed damaged it won't be 40% less for the hit right?)

No, fixed damage medals still get affected by damage multipliers. Using iKairi2 with Raid Boss Damage +40% would make it do 40% more damage.

(You should guilt HD Namine regardless, though.)

Famassu

Two MORE pulls. I'm pulling for the relatively decent chance of duplicates (& hopefully extra attack) that could give me decently strong guilted attribute ignoring AOE def debuffers.

JP maintenance on 12th. Probably when pets and stuff are coming?

Two MORE pulls. I'm pulling for the relatively decent chance of duplicates (& hopefully extra attack) that could give me decently strong guilted attribute ignoring AOE def debuffers.

I'm surprised you wouldn't want to save jewels for mercy pull for EX banners or something.
I remember I used to be really excited for Tsum Tsum, but ended up not pulling at all somehow. lol

Famassu

JP maintenance on 12th. Probably when pets and stuff are coming?

I'm surprised you wouldn't want to save jewels for mercy pull for EX banners or something.
I remember I used to be really excited for Tsum Tsum, but ended up not pulling at all somehow. lol
Are those even a thing? Mercy EX pulls, that is.

Psxphile

A 2nd week of Key Art #11 VIP Quests + more are in this week's WJE pack! Plus! Tsum Tsum Union Cross and Time Challenge Quests arrive!
DJJuqgiV4AEnbEt.png:small

But that's not all! The Coliseum Side-Quest Moon Gem Cup starts midnight (PT), + HD Naminé and Gem Board Deals arrive!
DJJvsmhVoAEcGr2.png:small

Here we go.

Azuran

Banned
Bleh

Thank god I found out about the FMB right now. Otherwise I would be kicking myself as always.

Only 150 proud quest to go~

Edit: Oh crap, HD Namine is back. I will get her no matter what this time.

Skittles

Bleh

Thank god I found out about the FMB right now. Otherwise I would be kicking myself as always.

Only 150 proud quest to go~

Edit: Oh crap, HD Namine is back. I will get her no matter what this time.
You have to decide between HD namine or HD Xion which comes in about a week.

Maintenance tomorrow. wonder if it will be pets coming to JP tomorrow? They did say midmonth.

I got 3 HD Namines out of my 12 pulls when trying to get Seph Ex. So I'm good for this banner. lol

So far we've only had one guaranteed Tier 5 banner(and it was falling price), that was in July.
Everything else has been tier 4+
Wonder why we haven't gotten any more Tier 5. banners

Skittles

Maintenance tomorrow. wonder if it will be pets coming to JP tomorrow? They did say midmonth.

I got 3 HD Namines out of my 12 pulls when trying to get Seph Ex. So I'm good for this banner. lol

So far we've only had one guaranteed Tier 5 banner(and it was falling price), that was in July.
Everything else has been tier 4+
Wonder why we haven't gotten any more Tier 5. banners
JP is scheduled for the 14th with ours coming a week after

Azuran

Banned
You have to decide between HD namine or HD Xion which comes in about a week.

Welp, I may have to give some thought to this. My magic medals are superior to my power ones so I'm leaning towards Namine right now.

Truthfully, I'll be happy with either of them. I still don't have a single copy medal :(

Psxphile

Welp, I may have to give some thought to this. My magic medals are superior to my power ones so I'm leaning towards Namine right now.

Truthfully, I'll be happy with either of them. I still don't have a single copy medal :(

Consider the fact that HD Xion is reverse Power vs. HD Nam's Upright Magic and thus only really good on Fenrir and Darkgnaw keyblades.

deanote666

Consider the fact that HD Xion is reverse Power vs. HD Nam's Upright Magic and thus only really good on Fenrir and Darkgnaw keyblades.

HD Xion is also tier 6 and HD Namine is tier 5.

The question is whether HD Namine will be a mercy pull or have increased odds.

It would be good to get ground def -60% or extra attack on my boosted one...

Azuran

Banned

Oh that's right. Looks like I have another reason to finish those proud quests before Tuesday.

There's also Fairy Stars and Stroke of Midnight, both which have very meaty multipliers.

HD Xion is also tier 6 and HD Namine is tier 5.

The question is whether HD Namine will be a mercy pull or have increased odds.

It would be good to get ground def -60% or extra attack on my boosted one...

Crap you guys aren't helping lmao

I already got burned badly by HD Namine. I don't know if I can go through the same thing for Xion especially if there's no mercy.

Skittles

I bet it will be a mercy pull to bait people before HD Xion.
It will be. No reason to bring it back otherwise

Oh that's right. Looks like I have another reason to finish those proud quests before Tuesday.

Crap you guys aren't helping lmao

I already got burned badly by HD Namine. I don't know if I can go through the same thing for Xion especially if there's no mercy.
HD Xion will be a 5 pull mercy on the Roxas EX banner

Also, i didn't even notice that we get gem boards tomorrow haha

Sölf

Ah, jewel quests. With those and the 3k free jewels I should get enough to buy HD Xion next week. Will buy this week again to guilt KA 11 and also get juicy gems. <3

And then it's back to being F2P for the forseeable future. If they do another Black Friday deal this year I will probably buy that, but aside from that I will not buy anything for the next few weeks/months.

Munti

Woohooo, I completed Hades 15. That was very strenuous.
I invested a lot of skill-medals, Mickey-Brooms, mirrors and went far too late in bed because of it :mad:.

Now I have 9000 medals. What would you suggest to invest it into?:

- TsumTsum's? (I already have one with Pooh&friends) Are they really good? Should I try to guilt one?
-Naminé HD? I don't have it, but I have the KeyArts. Is it necessary to have Naminé guilted?
- Xion HD?
- Something else?

Atram

Woohooo, I completed Hades 15. That was very strenuous.
I invested a lot of skill-medals, Mickey-Brooms, mirrors and went far too late in bed because of it :mad:.

Now I have 9000 medals. What would you suggest to invest it into?:

- TsumTsum's? (I already have one with Pooh&friends) Are they really good? Should I try to guilt one?
-Naminé HD? I don't have it, but I have the KeyArts. Is it necessary to have Naminé guilted?
- Xion HD?
- Something else?

Xion HD at this point

Skittles

Thank you! :)
But why were people hyping up TsumTsum's then? And is Xion HD ok, even if I will not be able to guilt it?
Tsums are great if you're lacking in 2-3 attributes. Easy to guilt and will get you through damn near everything. Kinda just depends on your setups

So far I'm sitting at over 28.3M in HSC but I'm trying to figure out what I can do to finally break 30M. With my current medals + shared Seph EX, I'm at 51%.

What should I be aiming at (percentage wise) to break 30M?

Thanks!

Psxphile

So far I'm sitting at over 28.3M in HSC but I'm trying to figure out what I can do to finally break 30M. With my current medals + shared Seph EX, I'm at 51%.

What should I be aiming at (percentage wise) to break 30M?

Thanks!

I got +32M w/ 72%. Currently in 1788th place.
Seems like around 60% is the sweet spot to break 30M.

Famassu

For realz. Is Union X working perfectly for everyone else? I constantly get the game just not finishing quests even after killing the boss/target. I can still move around the whole level, it never "locks" the world and I don't get the "Completed" text or anything.

c-murph

For realz. Is Union X working perfectly for everyone else? I constantly get the game just not finishing quests even after killing the boss/target. I can still move around the whole level, it never "locks" the world and I don't get the "Completed" text or anything.

I think it's broken. But hey, Free Jewels tomorrow.

Top Bottom