• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

Aru

Doing twice Quest 57 and then the Zootopia Quest is effective, but time consuming (and I should say boring too).
I'm level 68. I have terrible luck spawing Omega Queen Bees :(

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Since there's no way to grind lux for levels after passing 200, I've decided my new goal is to finish every Story Mission goal. It will at least give me a long term project while we wait for the devs to figure their shit out!

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Man some of the Tier 10 Coliseum challenges can get quite unfair...preemptive hit that paralyzes you and your whole team misses aka. you get bodied in one turn.
Since there's no way to grind lux for levels after passing 200, I've decided my new goal is to finish every Story Mission goal. It will at least give me a long term project while we wait for the devs to figure their shit out!

Probably a good idea to get those done before we get the next batch of 50 missions.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Man some of the Tier 10 Coliseum challenges can get quite unfair...preemptive hit that paralyzes you and your whole team misses aka. you get bodied in one turn.

Probably a good idea to get those done before we get the next batch of 50 missions.

I think every one I have left is "Defeat all enemies in 1 turn" because my teams weren't all beefy back then. There's a few in the 220-230 range where they toss in an enemy strong against the obvious team build, but I just pop in a friend that takes care of it.

I think every one I have left is "Defeat all enemies in 1 turn" because my teams weren't all beefy back then. There's a few in the 220-230 range where they toss in an enemy strong against the obvious team build, but I just pop in a friend that takes care of it.

Good luck and good job on the raids!

CRS

Just in time.

F6LVI7L.jpg

also

Banned
Actually it's every egg if you know what you're doing. Run quest 57 twice (once during the event) and the egg once and you'll spawn Queen Bee. It's much cheaper on AP.
Thanks for the tip
BTW, is it possible to get the omega form to spawn using this trick? I have only been getting regular Queen Bees.

Primus

Thanks for the tip
BTW, is it possible to get the omega form to spawn using this trick? I have only been getting regular Queen Bees.

Omega spawns seemed to get heavily nerfed between Monday and Tuesday's bonus time. Monday I was getting an Omega around every third or fourth QB. Now it's down to around 1 in 10.

Almyn

25 new story quests being added today, All of them Agrabah :|

I had assumed it would be 50 every time. It's gonna be the next batch before I can fully upgrade all the keyblades.

Permanently A

I gave up on this game. just isn't fun anymore. Feels like all you do is farm missions to farm other missions. Right now Yokai Watch Wibble Wobble has my attention.

duckroll

25 new story quests being added today, All of them Agrabah :|

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA. I just finished the Agrabah crap around mission 160 or so. Not looking forward to going back again and again. Not really looking forward to going to any other world honestly. The game is starting to lose my interest rapidly. There aren't even interesting cutscenes between the mundane grindy missions.

Doesn't help that I'm playing Valkyrie Anatomia now as well, and it has a pretty great scenario for every quest, even though the gameplay is just as meh. Terra Battle remains the king of gacha mobile gameplay.

cw_sasuke

25 is quite a lot when you consider we aren't on half Ap anymore and the missions cost quite a lot already. Also the last batch is like 2 weeks old... of course they can't drop 50 new missions every 2 weeks.

Just happy to be able to max Lady Luck finally. 25 new every 2-3 weeks is better than 50 once a month.

RalchAC

25 is quite a lot when you consider we aren't on half Ap anymore and the missions cost quite a lot already. Also the last batch is like 2 weeks old... of course they can't drop 50 new missions every 2 weeks.

Just happy to be able to max Lady Luck finally. 25 new every 2-3 weeks is better than 50 once a month.

If they had kept releasing 50 new quests every 2 weeks they would have run out of content sooner rather than later.

25 quests is good enough imo. There are events and other things keeping us busy in the meanwhile.

By Saturday I should have both Stitch and Tidus guilted and I should be able to have 3 6* units in the same board.

cw_sasuke

If they had kept releasing 50 new quests every 2 weeks they would have run out of content sooner rather than later.

25 quests is good enough imo. There are events and other things keeping us busy in the meanwhile.

By Saturday I should have both Stitch and Tidus guilted and I should be able to have 3 6* units in the same board.

Yes, they said we should expect 50 new missions per months - not exactly how they will be distributed. So 23 every 2 weeks makes more sense than having to wait a full month between new story content.

Im also working on some units - next week i will try to farm the Zootopia event a bit to unlock the whole board as well as clear some of the new story missions.

Falk

that puzzling face
Timeless Mickey a fixed amount of damage medal.

Ugh.

We were baited.

edit:
Oh man the worst part about the raid boss reset is that now going through Agrabah, the random raid bosses that spawn are like lv2 instead of a respectable ~lv15 meaning they barely give XP at all.

At least Guard Armor is 20 again though, can always fall back on that for a quick boost.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Timeless Mickey a fixed amount of damage medal.

Ugh.

Man, really? That's so disappointing. I really really hope this team gets their shit together and starts treating the community like a player base and not a bunch of wallets.

also

Banned
Um, did everyone skip over Primus' post? We knew Timeless Mickey was going to be worthless for combat.

Our first special event medal is available, Timeless River Mickey. You have to clear one of the top-end Proud Quest stages by 11:59pm PST on May 4th, and you'll receive the medal at 3am on May 5th.

That being said, the medal's kind of crap. It's a Speed, fixed-damage AOE with high Guilt. But considering it's essentially free, there you go.

Omega spawns seemed to get heavily nerfed between Monday and Tuesday's bonus time. Monday I was getting an Omega around every third or fourth QB. Now it's down to around 1 in 10.
Did you ever get an omega to spawn by using the quest 57 trick or did you only do the event quest to get the boss to spawn?

RalchAC

Um, did everyone skip over Primus' post? We knew Timeless Mickey was going to be worthless for combat.

Did you ever get an omega to spawn by using the quest 57 trick or did you only do the event quest to get the boss to spawn?

Yeah, I'm surprised people is so angry. I was sure somebody posted that Timeless Mickey wasn't especially good.

I did it since it was a time limited thing TBH.

Falk

that puzzling face

From what I understand of the raid boss spawning mechanic, what you farm up to the triggering stage doesn't matter. All that matters is what stage pushes the counter past the ~75 kill mark (I'm pretty sure the eggs in the special event simply count as 25 kills)

I'd wager, either it's bad luck, or the Omega Queen Bee rates vs normal Queen Bee were nerfed. Nothing to do with any deeper hidden mechanics.

Almyn

Yeah, I'm surprised people is so angry. I was sure somebody posted that Timeless Mickey wasn't especially good.

I did it since it was a time limited thing TBH.

From what I have been seeing I think there was hope among some of the players that it could be buffed compared to the Japanese game. Mostly I think this is because of what happened with the Zootopia medals. It was given out for free in Japan also, Whereas we needed a lot of luck, Patience and possibly a few dollars to guarantee we got the medal.

cw_sasuke

From what I have been seeing I think there was hope among some of the players that it could be buffed compared to the Japanese game. Mostly I think this is because of what happened with the Zootopia medals. It was given out for free in Japan also, Whereas we needed a lot of luck, Patience and possibly a few dollars to guarantee we got the medal.

Even with a suboptimal team you could clear the stage if you were willing to revive 2 times or so. I mean we knew what the medal was about from the JPN release - Zootopia so was a special case since they wanted to released the medals/board while the movie is still going on.

Got this support email when I contacted them about the Zootopia situation:

Thank you for contacting SQUARE ENIX support,

We apologize for the trouble and inconvenience you have been experiencing. As KINGDOM HEARTS Unchained X has only been released in North America for one month, both Medals were rebalanced to better fit the current state of the North American version of the game which is why it is not the same as the Japanese version of the game. While we are unable to help directly with a refund or exchange of any sort we very much appreciate your feedback and it will be forwarded to the appropriate department for review. We hope you continue to enjoy the game.

Thank you for contacting the SQUARE ENIX Support Center.

I hope they learn from this and at least communicate changes in advance now.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Sent an email to support as well. I suspect I'll receive the same response everyone else is getting, but if I don't speak up, they won't hear it.

My complaint is NOT with the Zootopia medal stats and skills...It's with the fact that they deliberately didn't give us the information on the medals prior to purchasing. They knew we'd lookup the JP medals to get an idea of what to expect. So to me, that's absolutely a shitty bait-and-switch. I feel bad for people who bought them.

cw_sasuke

Sent an email to support as well. I suspect I'll receive the same response everyone else is getting, but if I don't speak up, they won't hear it.

My complaint is NOT with the Zootopia medal stats and skills...It's with the fact that they deliberately didn't give us the information on the medals prior to purchasing. They knew we'd lookup the JP medals to get an idea of what to expect. So to me, that's absolutely a shitty bait-and-switch. I feel bad for people who bought them.

True - i got lucky this time because i was missing like 200 coins to purchase the board. I would have purchased them without checking up before - thinking that they have to be as powerful as in JPN since they are charging 3000 Jewels for each of them.

As you said...lets hope thats the last time.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
True - i got lucky this time because i was missing like 200 coins to purchase the board. I would have purchased them without checking up before - thinking that they have to be as powerful as in JPN since they are charging 3000 Jewels for each of them.

As you said...lets hope thats the last time.

I didn't even buy them, but I just feel really shitty for people who did. I would be raging if I got deceived that badly. Again - if this were clearly indicated before purchasing, that's one thing. But the fact that we could ONLY base these medals on the JP version?

I mean hell - every other time new medals were made available via gacha, they stated the ability and the cost of said ability. It's just super slimy.

RalchAC

ProTip: Always wait for other people to pull the trigger before you :p

There will always be people buying everything ASAP. If you wait a few hours you will know what you are getting.

creid

I'm not so sure they nerfed the omega raid rate. I swear I got a lot more omega bees last night than any other night this week.

Aru

I'm not sure I'm gonna wait for this game to reach its end. Watching Backcover should be more than enough the fill the gap.

also

Banned
From what I understand of the raid boss spawning mechanic, what you farm up to the triggering stage doesn't matter. All that matters is what stage pushes the counter past the ~75 kill mark (I'm pretty sure the eggs in the special event simply count as 25 kills)

I'd wager, either it's bad luck, or the Omega Queen Bee rates vs normal Queen Bee were nerfed. Nothing to do with any deeper hidden mechanics.
Okay then, I will chalk it up to a combination of a lowered spawn rate and bad luck...
I'm not so sure they nerfed the omega raid rate. I swear I got a lot more omega bees last night than any other night this week.
Oh wait, it's just my bad luck :/

Kinsei

Banned
So alongside the two slots for Timeless River Mickey they added a third new medal slot in the album. I wonder what we're getting. Didn't the Japanese version get Roxas around a month after release? If so I hope that's who the slot is for.

Got this support email when I contacted them about the Zootopia situation:

I hope they learn from this and at least communicate changes in advance now.

Yep. I can understand the reasoning behind nerfing them even if I don't agree but not telling anyone in advance is just BS.

It sucks because I really want the Judy outfit but I don't want to support this shitty practice.

Malyse

I could deal with everything else if they ported two things from [chi] to Unchained: sub-missions and fully exploreable worlds. I want the daily "pick up # items", "kill # heartless", "open # chests" back. And I want to spend 60AP to go to Wonderland and play from the Bizzare Room to the Queen's Garden with all the heartless fights in between that entails. Oh and the super level 333, 444, 555 heartless in there too. Those two things plus mission variety are the only things missing from Unchained.

----

Actually with the way [chi] plays, you could 95% direct port from browser to mobile. Just have to resize some assets to fit better.

alittlelove

Neo Member
Is anyone having issues with their daily login bonuses? As I understand it, there should be two bonuses given per day, one for the weekly login and one for total amount of days? I only see one bonus sitting around in the presents box now.

Is anyone having issues with their daily login bonuses? As I understand it, there should be two bonuses given per day, one for the weekly login and one for total amount of days? I only see one bonus sitting around in the presents box now.
Next time you login for the day, take a close look at the bottom one. It's not daily, but on select days. Ex: You may be on day 23 and 25 will be your next reward.

also

Banned
Had much better luck today; 4 out of 17 bees were omegas. Almost completed all 3 boards but I will keep on going to gather as much lux as possible. At lv 209 now and need ~350k lux to level up.

Top Bottom