• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Of Animalia - Desirable Breeds & Species

Animals. We all love them, and those who don't need therapy and the electric chair. Unfortunately our circumstances only allow for the familiar feline and man's best friend, but what if those circumstances changed and permitted exotic breeds and rare species? Vibrant animals with peculiar names and even more strange appearances and colours from countries unheard of? Now imagine those limitations and technicalities are nonexistence and you could choose whatever animal that your heart desired and that is the purpose of this thread. Ever wanted to own an Australian kangaroo, a Brazilian parrot or heck even a Chinese panda? You choose the animal based upon desirability, not practically.

Rules:
  • Choose up to three animals from our planet.
  • Already have animals? Include them instead.
  • Prehistoric species are excluded from the list.
Mine:

3 - Red Panda - Himalayan Mountains/China
IMG-20230518-WA0001.jpg

One of the cutest animals in existence and incredibly rare too. Found in the Himalayas and China, this arboreal fur ball could hang around with me anytime.

2 - Hyacinth Macaw (Parrot) - South America
Anodorhynchus_hyacinthinus_-Disney_-Florida-8.jpg

I've always avoided owning animals because I was dreading the day that I would lose them, but the hyacinth macaw's 50+ lifespan is an absolute trump card. Plus they're the largest species of parrot and come in cool blue (my favourite colour).

1 - Arabian Stallion (Horse) - Arabian Peninsula
Duke_Home.jpg

My dream animal would be an Arabian stallion due it being a utility animal (multiple uses) and one of the fastest and versatile horse breeds on the planet. The Arabian is one of the oldest and has been used to refine countless other breeds for endurance, speed and agility. The Akhal Teke from Turkmenistan would be my second choice because of it's beautiful metallic coat and slender build similar to the Arabian's.

Top Bottom