• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KINGSGLAIVE: Final Fantasy XV Thread: Everything for the future king

dramatis

PSY・S;215437134 said:
I was replying to your "why Iris exists" comment. I think she'll be more than just a little sister/love interest. But with the team's current track record, who knows ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
In terms of a story role, it'll be a wonder if she's more than that.

And if it is more than that, the track record says it's going to be "Iris getting fridged to give Gladious/[insert male character here] motivation" lol

:(

kurahador

And if it is more than that, the track record says it's going to be "Iris getting fridged to give Gladious/[insert male character here] motivation" lol

Iris will turns out to be married and has kids once they meet up after the time skip and we'll all cry.

Ran rp

Lol yeah. Now I'm expecting this to be the case.

sigh

kinda sad to hear about luna. I mean, I was expecting it, because

cindy

every scene so far has been her either walking around surrounded by guards, getting attacked, or standing in front of leviathan with a stupid staff (that'll do it tbh)

but it's still disappointing. ah well, watching this later.

Koozek

Nomura not even getting a Special Thanks is kinda harsh if you think about it.

@FinalXV
So Tetsuya Nomura is not listed in the credits for #Kingsglaive. But hey at least they didn't forget Afrojack! #FFXV

CrHydIsWEAADGrQ.jpg

Btw, I always wondered how credits for movies and games are made :D Who keep track of the list so nobody is forgotten?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Well it seems this movie has nothing to do with Nomura's concepts anyway.
Nice to see Brad Douglas mentioned though. He's a champ.

pablito

Watched it last night. It was okay. I liked the
Ultros fight, and seeing Diamond Weapon and KOTR go at it.
Nix and Luna were cool. Regis was okay. The chubby glaive had some of the worst voice work I can remember in recent memory lol. And
Crow should have been in the movie longer.

nOoblet16

One thing that I don't underastand...
what the fuck was that giant octopus doing in the ship? Kind of counter productive if what you wanna do is lure the glaive and get them killed by defectors and other soldiers only to have everyone be destroyed by a giant thin that is obviously out of place.[/spoiler[

Can someone please advise. I want to get this on the PS Store. Never got a movie off there how is the video quality on this movie through PSN?
Is it as good as bluray 1080p AND 5.1 audio?

Voror

One thing that I don't underastand...
what the fuck was that giant octopus doing in the ship? Kind of counter productive if what you wanna do is lure the glaive and get them killed by defectors and other soldiers only to have everyone be destroyed by a giant thin that is obviously out of place.

Yeah, as neat as it was seeing Ultros I had to question the logic of putting a giant octopus in your ship.

What I ended up figuring was that Ultros would just attack any loyal Glaive on the ship or something. So they didn't care if they lost it so long as Ultros kills as many of them as needed or at least keeps them busy.

I am really confused and just can't find an answer no one seems to know. Can I download movies on my ps4 from their store or is it streaming only? A movie like this I want to watch the highest quality possible. What's the best way.?

JBwB

Watched it. Loved it. I'm now even more hyped for FFXV.

Man you guys weren't kidding with the hard to follow fight scenes. The fight scenes that I could follow were amazing though
KOTR v Diamond Weapons!

8/10 from me. Will definitely watch again before playing the game.

Rootbeer

Banned
Well, hmm. As someone pumped to play FFXV and as a long time FF fan I felt duty bound to watch it. I'm not sorry that I did, but I didn't find it very enjoyable. You really can't knock the animation or voicework, was pretty happy there.

A lot of the dialog (especially the quips and retorts) were pretty cringeworthy to me, a more talented hand was really needed there. I found the story difficult to feel invested in. They make a point to stress all the immigration stuff and it goes nowhere really, you don't feel like there is much of a payoff, just some good (sort of) battles -- that honestly went on for a bit too long.

I wish I could have felt something for Lunafreya, maybe if they had established her better as a character. I would have liked to see more of her with young Noctis perhaps.

Weird editing choices too.

I love final fantasy games for their gameplay. Occasionally the stories are good. But they sure are good at feeling bogged down to the point where they either start dragging or don't make a lot of sense or emotional impact. FF8, FF13 and to a lesser extent FF10 all had these problems for me. I'm worried it's going to be the same story for FFXV... but damned if I won't enjoy playing it either way.

In the end, glad I watched it for the backstory. I did enjoy some aspects. Liked Regis Lucis, the art design and all the great detail of the city, the music, animation...

Arkeband

Banned
I'm looking at the psn store and don't see this. Any one can confirm?

We've already been through this a page or so ago, you get the Royal Raiment outfit on Nov 29th, which is the same DLC outfit you get from the Deluxe Edition(s).

It only mentions it in small text you can only see through the PS4's store splash page.

Rappy

This film seems kind of polarizing.
A lot of people are going into this movie with the idea of hating it, and no matter how it is they'll actually still say it is terrible. You can say I'm just say I'm imagining/assuming things, but looking at some of these people's previous posts you can tell who you can say "yeah, you're not going to like it" to. I can understand how someone can think this movie is terrible, it's got quite a bit of problems. But people can enjoy the movie for what it is just like Fast and the Furious, Jurassic World, Ex Machina, and Skyfall (I include those last 3 because HOLY HELL how do people think those are good movies outside aesthetics/action?) And to say worse than Advent Children, man what are you people smoking?
"Polarizing" really is rather generous for a film with 8% on RT.
Enough of this 8% BS! Do you even know how that 8% is determined? I found the title change of the review thread hilarious in a sad "Are people actually that sad that they base a huge portion of their opinion on a number they don't even know the context of?" way. But man, to posters who post so much in XV topics I would have thought could form a non-baseless opinion. Like maybe, the problems that have been repeatedly posted in this thread and some of the actual critics reviews instead of the number you see on a headline?
I thought Luna was supposed to be a strong character. That was awful.

This movie was bad.
I don't get this. Luna is a strong character in the movie. She just doesn't have any actual power to back it up. Which is part of why she's "strong". She doesn't go around bitching and crying for help while she's trying to do the right thing. And maybe in the game, she'll actually have the power to back it up if she can do anything against Leviathan.

KupoNut

This 8% is pretty mean for what is (imo) a mediocre movie which I still enjoyed.

It bugs me some reviews criticize the clothing designs and Latin names (even getting them wrong -Nippleheim-) and I wonder if this movie would have better critics' review scores if it was produced under a more popular name.

Can't shake the feeling some sites go "oh, an unknown director from Japan, this is going to be weird" and have made up their score before watching them, while review scores from gaming website tend to be better.

Doesn't help that the movie has things which might be weird, but which is an added value for fans of the game.

DJIzana

Finally got around watching it today. I'd probably put it at my 2nd favorite of the 3 CG movies that we've seen. Advent Children still being at the top, I think.

Skilletor

I don't get this. Luna is a strong character in the movie. She just doesn't have any actual power to back it up. Which is part of why she's "strong". She doesn't go around bitching and crying for help while she's trying to do the right thing. And maybe in the game, she'll actually have the power to back it up if she can do anything against Leviathan.

Re: Luna

She'd a damsel in distress, constantly being used and saved by men. She didn't stand up to anybody, even her brother.

She went along with everything everybody told her to do... Except Nyx when she just jumps out of a flying vehicle because reasons.

I was expecting more. Hopefully she's a million times better in the game, because this was garbage.

Phaezyk

To be fair the movie butchered the pronunciation too. I hate English pronunciation of Latin names, particularly considering this is not an American movie. It should be King REghis, not King Reejes. Also his name means King which is kind of I don't know, redundant?

He is King-King, much like Cid is Paw-Paw. Makes perfect sense!

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Re: Luna

She'd a damsel in distress, constantly being used and saved by men. She didn't stand up to anybody, even her brother.

She went along with everything everybody told her to do... Except Nyx when she just jumps out of a flying vehicle because reasons.

I was expecting more. Hopefully she's a million times better in the game, because this was garbage.

She
tricked that one glave into setting himself on fire
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

T.O.P

Banned
What a weirdly paced movie

Felt like i was watching a huge ass trailer, way too many awkward cuts

Visual were great for the most part but some animations especially Luna's were insanely robotic and weightless

All hail Nyx's ass tho, should've stayed shirtless longer imo

6/10 at best, much better than TSW and AC

still wish Nyx, Crow and Libertus were the game's main cast, I really liked em as a group, aesthetically much more pleasing as well compared to Noctis and friends

Arkeband

Banned
To be fair the movie butchered the pronunciation too. I hate English pronunciation of Latin names, particularly considering this is not an American movie. It should be King REghis, not King Reejes. Also his name means King which is kind of I don't know, redundant?

While Regis does mean "Ruler, Kingly", making King Regis "Kingly King", I've never heard that name pronounced with a hard G. It's always a soft G, like in Giraffe, not a hard G, like in GIF.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
While Regis does mean "Ruler, Kingly", making King Regis "Kingly King", I've never heard that name pronounced with a hard G. It's always a soft G, like in Giraffe, not a hard G, like in GIF.
In my Latin class we pronounced it with a hare G..but honestly, to discuss that is pointless. The Harry Potter movie were painful enough with the Latin :S

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
So I bit the bullet and decided to buy and watch this film and fuck me that was such a bad movie....the only scene I genuinely enjoyed was the treaty scene, 50 studios and that's the only well edited sequence in the entire film, (not by editing standards, just in comparison to the rest)?? Also what's the point in performance capture if you're gonna have a majority of anime actors do ADR anyway, it's like the Advent children studio literally missed the entire point of the term:Performance capture? So few people in this film genuinely sound like human beings. Don't even get me started on Luna. She at one point literally says to a dude:
My life is in your hands.
After all the times they stress that she's a strong female character™
she spends literally the entire movie being captured and rescued.
Also, fuck this Latin naming scheme. Sincerely, it's so cringeworthy that I can sincerely imagine the writers sitting down coming up with Latin names that have hidden meanings and thinking they're the most clever writers ever. Ugh. A waste of money and time. ಥ_ಥ

General Glauca constantly getting wrecked by lightning bolt is hilarious. Even more hilarious is that if he doesn't become a turncoat in the actual game he'll be wrecked by a bunch of young adults wearing fashion outfits as battle clothing.

Fanservice
At least we got this. Lol it was like they had a spotlight parented to his ass.

Squire

Banned
Nomura not even getting a Special Thanks is kinda harsh if you think about it.

@FinalXV
So Tetsuya Nomura is not listed in the credits for #Kingsglaive. But hey at least they didn't forget Afrojack! #FFXV

CrHydIsWEAADGrQ.jpg

Btw, I always wondered how credits for movies and games are made :D Who keep track of the list so nobody is forgotten?

For games, it's usually the project manager. Not sure about film.

Sciortino

Just finished watching it. A lot of the voices just sounded off to me. I really liked Nyx. Hated Libertus, especially his voice actor. Many scenes felt a bit messy and all over the place but I did like the fights. Highlight for me was hearing Somnus playing during a scene.

I'd give it a 7/10

bones123

What a weird movie, half of the scenes were REALLY good, and half of them were pretty bad. Getting to see all of this animated is really great, but the VA gets the same treatment as the scene direction - some of it amazing, some of it abysmal. It's a fun movie to watch if you don't mind getting lost a bit, but it's nice to finally have some sort of Final Fantasy XV product we can actually buy and own now, and it makes a nice setup for the game. I'd give the movie like a 6/10 just because of Aaron Paul as Nyx, and the scene between him and Luna on the roof.

And driving the car sideways along a wall between two buildings. Best movie ever.

Tyaren

Guys, I watched Kingsglaive today...and I can't get over Crowe... :(

The way they killed her off, so early, so unexpected and so utterly undignified, throwing her on the garbage to rot, was really shocking and sickening to me. That is the one thing that will haunt me from this film for quite some time.

bones123

Guys, I watched Kingsglaive today...and I can't get over Crowe... :(

The way they killed her off, so early, so unexpected and so utterly undignified, throwing her on the garbage to rot, was really shocking and sickening to me. That is the one thing that will haunt me from this film for quite some time.

She was so pretty. :(

Top Bottom