• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingsman: The Golden Circle - Red Band Trailer #2

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I liked the first, but didn't love it like a lot of people, thankfully this is looking ten times better. All the Statesmen stuff looks funny as hell.

First one was set in London and didn't have a single brown person or any other minority. Now this is set in New York and seems to have a single Token black person, a what seems to be a very small role.

You don't get to make movies in cities like London and pretend everyone is white, without it seeming preposterous and racist.

First movie was pretty obnoxious with how it played off cliched white Britishisms and now its cliched white American nonsense. Get a dude in a cowboy hat and make him act obnoxious. The cliches are tired, but there is some humor in it, which is also tired.

What makes it even worse is the first one is about class divisions, but the themes are not coherent, and race is completely ignored. Clearly British culture has a huge problem with racism, as they seem completely unwilling to represent anyone but white people.

I think other people are starting to grow a distaste for British cinema too, in general. Americans are demanding more, which I guess, is why British film makers in Hollywood are forced to cast usually a single token character when they come to America.

Bleepey

If you made a reaction video of me watching this trailer it would be this protracted

693.gif

Loved the perfect Dark laptop gun and the poking fun at American stereotypes. I hope every sequel pokes fun at country stereotypes

First one was set in London and didn't have a single brown person or any other minority. Now this is set in New York and seems to have a single Token black person, a what seems to be a very small role.

You don't get to make movies in cities like London and pretend everyone is white, without it seeming preposterous and racist.

First movie was pretty obnoxious with how it played off cliched white Britishisms and now its cliched white American nonsense. Get a dude in a cowboy hat and make him act obnoxious. The cliches are tired, but there is some humor in it, which is also tired.

What makes it even worse is the first one is about class divisions, but the themes are not coherent, and race is completely ignored. Clearly British culture has a huge problem with racism, as they seem completely unwilling to represent anyone but white people.

I think other people are starting to grow a distaste for British cinema too, in general. Americans are demanding more, which I guess, is why British film makers in Hollywood are forced to cast usually a single token character when they come to America.
There were black people in the first Kingsmen. Eggsy had a black friend, and the abusive step father had a black friend. There were also some black people scattered among the crowds in the Doomsday bunker party scene. Then of course there's Samuel Jackson. If you're gonna make sweeping accusations like that, at least make sure you get your facts right.

Also, the cultural cliches are part of the charm, it sounds like you just don't like this movie's style of humor.

There were black people in the first Kingsmen. Eggsy had a black friend, and the abusive step father had a black friend. There were also some black people scattered among the crowds in the Doomsday bunker party scene. Then of course there's Samuel Jackson. If you're gonna make sweeping accusations like that, at least make sure you get your facts right.

Also, the cultural cliches are part of the charm, it sounds like you just don't like this movie's style of humor.

Sofia Boutella was also in the first one.

Baleoce

Weird they haven't shown Elton John in any trailers yet. Also all this bourbon marketing is kind of tedious. I hope it ends up being done in-movie in a funny way like how Evolution did Head & Shoulders.

Moff

Pedro Pascal has the best scenes and doesn't even get mentioned with those dozen other people

Sojgat

Action looks great. Framing not so tight and seems like less shaky cam. Good lord, if they can top that church scene in this movie...

I too like to get outraged by insignificant things.

Top Bottom