• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingsman: The Golden Circle - Red Band Trailer #2

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Didn't know Berry was in this. The makeup work on her deaged her like 20 years.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Meh that's wack

We know she's just as skilled as Eggsy is, let her throw down

If you look at the themes of the first movie then it makes perfect sense why she wasn't a major focus.
Also, she failed the dog test.
I'd be fine with her being used more in the sequel, though.

Nodnol

Really looking forward to this.

I didn't watch the first until quite recently...what the fuck was I thinking!? One of the most fun films I've watched in forever. Genuinely love it.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Nah fam Eggsy failed
She passed

If the test was to prove that you're a mindless automaton, then yeah.
I think you're forgetting that Kingsman was a failure as an organization.

TAJ

wot
they literally say 'she passed and you failed, you won't make the hard decision'
there isn't any wiggle room bruh

That wasn't a hard decision. It was arbitrary cruelty. (albeit simulated)
To "pass" is to fail as a human.
All that test would tell you is how likely the prospect is to do evil because it's convenient.
That she's considered to have passed is an indictment of Kingsman.

Something like Kobayashi Maru would be a good example of an actual test of making hard decisions in fiction.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
All that test would tell you is how likely the prospect is to do evil because it's convenient.

Something like Kobayashi Maru would be a good example of an actual test of making hard decisions in fiction.

Well the idea behind the test isn't all that unfamiliar in fiction. GRRM uses a similar idea for the Unsullied and many other stories do as well.

I am amazed at how many people here still look at YouTube comments.

It's like an entire generation of children who not only never learned to touch the bright orange things on top of the stove, but developed a melty hand fetish they can't control.

They should’ve just made them pinky swear to murder whoever they were ordered to.

TAJ

They should’ve just made them pinky swear to murder whoever they were ordered to.

Who was Roxy on a mission to assassinate in the last act? Who did Harry go to Kentucky to assassinate?
Hell, was anyone ordered to kill any specific target besides a dog in the whole movie?

I don't get it are the people commenting all part of that forum made from people who were banned from gaf? Do they just lurk and wait for a video to be posted where their comment won't be drowned out? lmao

ZeroX03

Banned
Fantastic trailer. Was always there opening night for the movie but the trailers were a bit clunky, but this was right on the money. Love it.

It's going to be really lame if
the Statesmen just end up doing a heel turn. I think it's pretty much a guarantee that at least of one of Bridges, Tatum, or Pascal will end up as a villain, but if the whole organization is evil then it seems like a waste.

Prompto

Banned
the Statesmen just end up doing a heel turn. I think it's pretty much a guarantee that at least of one of Bridges, Tatum, or Pascal will end up as a villain, but if the whole organization is evil then it seems like a waste.
Yeah I hope that's not the twist.

That would be really lame considering
that was the twist in the first movie. :/

Kin5290

Along with people of color, the series is also really garbage with female characters. Having non white male characters play the villains isn't good enough. It looks like all of the Statesmen are men, which is pretty disappointing. Halle Berry looks to be part of the organization, but not as a field agent so that doesn't count.

It's going to suck extra hard if Roxy gets fridged to set up the conflict of the movie.

Toa TAK

Banned
Expect some sort of double cross somewhere.

It's par the course for these spy movies.

I am amazed at how many people here still look at YouTube comments.

It's like an entire generation of children who not only never learned to touch the bright orange things on top of the stove, but developed a melty hand fetish they can't control.

That would require having grown up with the inferior electric stove.

Along with people of color, the series is also really garbage with female characters. Having non white male characters play the villains isn't good enough. It looks like all of the Statesmen are men, which is pretty disappointing. Halle Berry looks to be part of the organization, but not as a field agent so that doesn't count.

It's going to suck extra hard if Roxy gets fridged to set up the conflict of the movie.

All of this comes with the fact that the movies are somewhat of a parody/deconstruction of classic spy films, like the Bond films.

This is a slight tangent, but while they are somewhat loosely "based" on different source material(s), the first Kingsman film was a lot like Stormbreaker. Sure, coincidences happen, but I could never shake the feeling Kingsman took something from its family-oriented genre predecessor about a guy who wants to cause mass mayhem by distributing awesome but booby-trapped computer hardware for free and the rebellious youth drafted into a secretive spy agency who stops him.

edit:

In fact, Stormbreaker's novel is from 2000, and the film adaptation from 2006, the former predating The Secret Service/Kingsman by a decade.

Top Bottom