• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingsman: The Golden Circle Review Thread

Saw it and loved it. Theatre clapped and cheered afterwards which made me feel good because usually I work on trash movies. :3

Regarding Merlin:

We actually worked on a scene where he crawls into the diner at the end missing his legs. The story was his suit is armor which protected his body or something. I was surprised to see that cut from the final cut considering they added it because people in focus tests were upset about Merlin's death.

Maybe they will add it back in directors cut or something.

That sounds fucking terrible.
Third movie will have Merlin coming back with prosthetic legs, and Roxy with two eye patches. I’m calling it now.

dmshaposv

Saw it and loved it. Theatre clapped and cheered afterwards which made me feel good because usually I work on trash movies. :3

Regarding Merlin:

We actually worked on a scene where he crawls into the diner at the end missing his legs. The story was his suit is armor which protected his body or something. I was surprised to see that cut from the final cut considering they added it because people in focus tests were upset about Merlin's death.

Holy shit as if the movie already didn't have enough fucking plot armour. The harry thing was a cop out, but this would've literally made the stakes ZERO.

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
Am I the only one bugging out that they killed off the only female kingsman member???
The movie basically ends with a 'join the boys club only if we say so' thing.

Movie treats females in an embarrassing way.

Am I the only one bugging out that they killed off the only female kingsman member???

The movie basically ends with a 'join the boys club only if we say so' thing.

Movie treats females in an embarrassing way.

"Didn't Eggsy used to have a mum and a baby sister? lol who cares here's his sausage party of stoner friends."

"Sorry Eggsy the only way we can track our lead into the bad guys is to trick a woman into inserting this tiny device directly into her vagina."

"Whoops we killed off the only female Kingsman. Oh well lol."

"Let's make sure this film doesn't end without the primary love interest getting damseled."

Yeah that's this movie. Damn shame.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?

Regarding Merlin:

That's absolutely batshit which means it would make total sense.

Bebpo

Banned
I absolutely want the four hour cut if that really exists. If they were going for a two part 4 hour film with tons of characters and plot lines and then had to cut almost 90 mins out of it (and usually what goes is character development scenes) that could really explain the end result feeling both underdeveloped & overly long at 2:20.

While I like this one, right now I'd say it's the weakest & most uneven film Vaughn has made, and I wonder if part of that was from having to cut 1/3rd of the movie out. Especially if he had made and paced it for a 2 part movie and then the studio made him turn it to one 2:20 film.

Do you guys get what they are trying to say with the giant FOXNEWS logos everywhere? It seems to be Vaughn is not as clever as he think he is.

I hardly ever notice soundtracks in movies, and Henry Jackman isn't usually a name that gets me excited, but damn if this isn't one of the hypest soundtracks I've heard all year.

Toa TAK

Banned
I hardly ever notice soundtracks in movies, and Henry Jackman isn't usually a name that gets me excited, but damn if this isn't one of the hypest soundtracks I've heard all year.
It’s a heck of a job. I haven’t really enjoyed a score of his fully, but this is the one from him I have.

Wag

Why do you even need real world news outlet. I can't think of any other movie that put the news outlet logo so permanently in the screen.

FOX News is a "real world news outlet"? Every time time they cut to a news segment I kept thinking to myself, "That's not really how FOX News would have covered that".

Overall I didn't like the movie very much. I thought it was OK, not much better than that. Too many plot holes- not well fleshed out. The first movie was much better.

Why would I look up a plot synopsis of the movie I'm watching while I'm watching it

NO YOU DON'T GET TO EDIT THAT

I SAW YOU

PAY FOR YOUR CRIMES

DJwest

Probably the most fun I've had this year with a movie. It was over the top, but it's a Kingsman signature now. Loved it.

Rainy

Banned
Reports saying around $40 million for the first weekend. In line with expectations. $15.3 million Friday night. Also got a B+ on Cinemascore.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Okay, someone spoil for me. I'm hearing they kill
the dog
. True? If so, what do they show? My fiancee won't want to see it lol.

Enjoyed the film but I was iffy on the only way to track someone is fingering them and
also killing off Roxy without much fanfare
. The bar scene was also poorly done, the dudes wanting to fight them for literally no reason at all was just dumb and felt like a forced throw back.

These have to be the absolute worst secret societies ever.

We're gonna file down your teeth and remove your fingerprints. Also we will brand you with our mark.

The world makes so little sense

Boogie9IGN

Just finished and while I loved it, I wish there was much more Tequila. The fact that there's such a long cut out there makes me hopeful it'll get released someday

FStubbs

Third movie will have Merlin coming back with prosthetic legs, and Roxy with two eye patches. I'm calling it now.

Merlin coming back would be BS, but wouldn't be surprised if
Roxy[/SPOILER\ came back with no injuries whatsoever and was either laying low or investigating from some other angle. They'll say she got out just before her flat was blown up.

Also Oberyn Martell
going crazy because his wife and kid were killed by drug addicts, making him want revenge on all drug addicts.
Nice touch.

These have to be the absolute worst secret societies ever.

We're gonna file down your teeth and remove your fingerprints. Also we will brand you with our mark.

The world makes so little sense

The entire movie makes no scene, the whole London cab chase makes no sense. How to do you have impact crash with a sidewalk iron fence, throws out two people and yet the good guy stays in the cab and nothing happen to him? How do you "transform" a London cab into a "racing trim" yet it handles and drives just as bad as the regular cab?

Also there are going to articles written about that fingerbang scene, I am not even going there.

Listening to it on YouTube now. I LOVE Poppy's/ The Golden Circle's theme.

Just listened to a few tracks from the score myself. I'm presuming most of is just copy and paste from the original, but there are actually some decent moments. Poppy is pretty good.

The Cinemascore? Not entirely sure, think it's decent.

I think he's referring to the box office. It's actually around 39m. It's not bad, if not much bigger then the first. If it does over 350m WW, which is likely, I think will probably get another film.

I really enjoyed this movie. It was a lot of fun, and while it didn't hit the same highs as the first there weren't any major low points for me, either.

Hopefully it is successful.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Basically a sequel without an original idea. Nothing bad, but simply, everything was done better in the original.

"Didn't Eggsy used to have a mum and a baby sister? lol who cares here's his sausage party of stoner friends."

"Sorry Eggsy the only way we can track our lead into the bad guys is to trick a woman into inserting this tiny device directly into her vagina."

"Whoops we killed off the only female Kingsman. Oh well lol."

"Let's make sure this film doesn't end without the primary love interest getting damseled."

Yeah that's this movie. Damn shame.

Not that it's much of a defense, but you did see his mom at the end.

Thank god Kingsman is finally capitalized in the title now :p
Random but I dug the soundtrack of the movie.

Henry Jackman lifted the score like Magneto lifting the submarine from his previous work in Xmen first Class. The scene where Eggsy
tries to make Harry Hart remember with pickles
is the same soundtrack that plays when Magento turns the cerebro dome over!

LycanXIII

I think the disappointment for a lot of people comes from the uneven storytelling. You can tell a lot was cut out of the movie
like the drunken redneck at the bar with a codename - Bacardi maybe? Was he supposed to be somebody?
so I really hope we get a director's cut.

I still loved the movie, even with the jank.

It was
codename Moonshine.

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag

Regarding Merlin:

Do you work at Sony Imageworks? We did that sequence haha! I’m glad to see y’all enjoying this movie :)

I watched the first movie for the first time today and then went to see this. I gotta say the second was better. The action was a lot better and the villains are a lot better.

I also am not sure why you guys think the characters even matter. Except for Eggsy, Harry and Merlin these movies added no character to anyone. If you're sad for anyone that does in either one, you've attributed onto them personality that doesn't exist in the movies.

I will say I would like a 4 hour cut. The movie had a few references that made little sense.

Top Bottom