• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kirby's Return to Dream Land |OT| 6+ Years in the Making

So are we not getting this game tomorrow now? Gamestop has it listed for the 1st now, Best Buy has it backordered, Amazon says it ships 1-2 weeks.

:-/

zinder

Yup delayed 1 week for sure. GameStop.com hade it listed for 24th a couple hours ago and now they changed it to november 1.

Luigiv

udivision said:
When you make a GC game, you can get away with not improving the graphics for the wii version. It's almost expected.
Except The Graphics have been improved. Compare the final product to the original trailer, it's night and day.

Is the delay true? Was hoping to get it from Target this evening but I guess we'll make do with Pokemon Rumble Blast otherwise?

Really hope that week delay is wrong, otherwise might have to pass it over for a while seeing as Sonic Generations is out next week...

JennyTablina said:
Is the delay true? Was hoping to get it from Target this evening but I guess we'll make do with Pokemon Rumble Blast otherwise?

Really hope that week delay is wrong, otherwise might have to pass it over for a while seeing as Sonic Generations is out next week...
Yeah, same. Was planning to get this, but if the delay is true, I'm probably just going to end up getting Pokemon Rumble Blast+Sonic Generations 3DS instead. I'm fine with the silly one-day off stuff with Kirby Mass Attack and Professor Layton, but I'm not going to wait around an extra week for this. If that's case, I suppose this will have to wait until Christmas for me.

A week delay decided on the day of is probably not arbitrary.

I am guessing something is wrong with a published material; i.e. an insert or something. Either they're buying back all the copies, replacing the stuff, and sending it back (super expensive) or sending out new inserts to be re-shrink wrapped at the store (less expensive).

This is all just guessing, but a week is too long to be a "For the hell of it" delay and too short to be a problem with the game itself.

Lyude77

I wish more of these reviews would compare Return to Dreamland to the classic-style Kirby games rather than the recent ones. Compare it to Kirby's Adventure, Squeak Squad, or Super Star, not Epic Yarn or Mass Attack. That comparison would give a better indication of quality than "It's not different like Epic Yarn." Nintendo that goes reviewer said that he likes it the best out of all classic Kirbys - that gave me a good idea of quality.

Anth0ny

Edag Plata said:
Wait, and Sonic Generations is out next week too???

MY ENTIRE HOLIDAY GAMING SCHEDULE IS MESSED UP NOW!

THIS.

Seriously, I had everything planned out PERFECTLY for months now. A fucking stealth delay? Seriously? Sorry Nintendo, Generations takes priority over this shit.

Nintendo's Twitter just updated saying its out (and by that it always means we gotta wait a day for it to get to stores) so maybe we're wrong?

Anth0ny

ShockingAlberto said:
Some people have been telling me they picked their copies up, so...

Really weird.

Amazon.ca, Amazon.com, Future Shop and Best Buy are all sold out or shipping in 2-4 weeks. This isn't Modern Warfare, it's freaking Kirby. There is no way it's actually sold out.

ShockingAlberto said:
Some people have been telling me they picked their copies up, so...
I hope so...
Anth0ny said:
Really weird.

Amazon.ca, Amazon.com, Future Shop and Best Buy are all sold out or shipping in 2-4 weeks. This isn't Modern Warfare, it's freaking Kirby. There is no way it's actually sold out.
They probably had low expectations perhaps? That's all I can think of.
Kard8p3 said:
Dat music!
Don't tempt me.

CyReN

Just talked to a guy from Gamestop they said they should have them in Tuesday (maybe) but for sure Wednesday.

edit: A mom and pop store in Michigan said they release tomorrow..

I hate Nintendo Sunday/Monday releases, nothing good comes from them since everyone is used to Tuesday releases.

Anth0ny said:
Really weird.

Found a copy at a local store (Archambault). They had plenty of copies.

Did a quick look at the Taget downtown Minneapolis and they didn't have it out. The one closer to home is usually better at having new games out so I'm hoping.
I didn't check GameStop yet, so I'll check there after class.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Kazerei said:
Joystiq just gave it 3.5/5. Apparently the lack of difficulty made it boring.
But they gave Epic Yarn 4.5/5... And that didn't even have different characters, 4 player, or as many specials and things to add to the variety...

Kazerei

Banned
Alextended said:
But they gave Epic Yarn 4.5/5... And that didn't even have different characters, 4 player, or as many specials and things to add to the variety...

Yeah, same reviewer too ... but with Epic Yarn, he said the lack of difficulty didn't bother him. *shrug*

Teknoman

Kirby games arent usually THAT hard, but they do offer the challenge of getting game over/certain bosses or stages can be tough, not to mention all the extra modes.

I cant see someone not being bothered by Epic Yarn's no 100% reward/ no game over difficulty, yet knock a main series Kirby entry for it.

Either way, Christmas will be platforming heaven again with Mario 3D land, Sonic generations, and Kirby. Probably should pick up Mass Attack this week...might sell Epic Yarn since not rewarding you for collecting stuff kinda turned me off...and although the soundtrack and art style were great, it just didnt feel like Kirby.

Eusis

Kazerei said:
Yeah, same reviewer too ... but with Epic Yarn, he said the lack of difficulty didn't bother him. *shrug*
Yeah, some games are just like that. They're stupidly easy but still a lot of fun, or their lack of difficulty kills the potential for fun it had. Guess it depends on how POINTLESS enemies and obstacles feel, but I wouldn't really know for myself until I played this (and I may just disagree anyway.)

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Eusis said:
Yeah, some games are just like that. They're stupidly easy but still a lot of fun, or their lack of difficulty kills the potential for fun it had. Guess it depends on how POINTLESS enemies and obstacles feel, but I wouldn't really know for myself until I played this (and I may just disagree anyway.)
How fun a Kirby game to me has a direct correlation of how fast Kirby Moves. Because then you can add your own challenge by simply running the entire game. You know, how most Mario Games would be far easier if you just walked the bulk of the game, but you always run anyway?

Hylian7

Called a few stores, results below:

Best Buy: Has it in stock! The delay is bullshit!
Gamestop: Says they won't get it til Wednesday because it ships tomorrow.
Target: Sold out? WTF?
Wal-Mart: Don't have it, no idea when.

Gamestop told me tomorrow (Tuesday) It would be available, or midnight tonight at the BF3 launch.

May go pick it up. Always in the mood for a platformer (probably the only genre I never get burnt out on).

Neki

it's out in canada I think, and gamestop has a deal where you can buy this kirby game and get epic yarn for only 10 more dollars. :p

Picked up a copy at my local Best Buy. Wal-Mart said they wouldn't be selling it until tomorrow and Target is unaware of the game entirely.

I doubt there's a delay or anything, just a small launch batch. Nintendo did this with Professor Layton last week or so - finding a copy anywhere is still a challenge.

ccbfan

Anyone know if there's some bullcrap tacked on waggle in this. I probably won't buy this until a no waggle hack appears.

It turned NSMB Wii from the greatest Mario game ever (Loved the level design, hated the controls) to being a complete chore to finish. Only mario game i only 100% once (Heck only 2d one I haven't done at least 5 times) and if not for being a Mario game I would have given up on it because of the crappy controls

I almost didn't finish DKCR because I got so sick of the waggle especially since it as essential as the jump button in this. Luckily someone showed me a way to use Classic controller for it. Made the game great.

emb

ccbfan said:
Anyone know if there's some bullcrap tacked on waggle in this. I probably won't buy this until a no waggle hack appears.

It turned NSMB Wii from the greatest Mario game ever (Loved the level design, hated the controls) to being a complete chore to finish. Only mario game i only 100% once (Heck only 2d one I haven't done at least 5 times) and if not for being a Mario game I would have given up on it because of the crappy controls

I almost didn't finish DKCR because I got so sick of the waggle especially since it as essential as the jump button in this. Luckily someone showed me a way to use Classic controller for it. Made the game great.

No clue if Kirby has any waggling or not.

I can understand the complaint with DKCR... but was it really such a pain in NSMBW? I don't remember using it for anything but like... the propeller suit and picking stuff up. Am I just forgetting most of the game?

Top Bottom