• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kotaku Rumor: PS4 out in November, control with your phone/tablet, maybe $429/529

Dragon

Banned
honestly, I guess they will charge for rental or buy licenses to play them, I'm afraid they won't offer the whole PS3 collection for free even if you're a PS+ subscriber.

I'm hoping it's something like: PS World subscriber, put in PS3 disc, connects to some verification server, and then launches another application. I think that could work pretty well, I'm not a big security buff so I don't know the limitations of said method in regards to that.

Sometimes I'm just glad that I don't even like online gaming.

I'm immune to these rumors!

Don't be too sure. I'm in the same boat, but these still scare me. Right now, demos and some purchases are locked behind that paywall for a limited time. I've never understood that. How can they not want my money? How can they not want me to try their interactive ad?

But anyway, I can totally see them locking demos to subscribers only, or even having Gold exclusive games. I wouldn't give it a high chance of happening, but who knows? And there's always the fast servers for subscribers, slow servers for peasants, etc.

In other words, not playing online does not necessarily make you immune. The only thing that would do that is not being online.

krae_man

If they plan to charge $89 a year, multiplayer will be part of that. The other features without multiplayer doesnt justify that price tag.

It all depends on how many free games Playstation World members get in the streaming service. It that evolves into something like Netflix. $100/year for unlimited streaming of a ever growing back catelog of games, that's absolutely worth it.

jschreier

Some other tidbits: our source says that every PS4 will come with a PlayStation Eye; that a new spectating feature will let you watch other friends play games from your console's dashboard, even when you don't own the game they're playing; and that the console will support local network play via Vita.

:)

Shayan

Banned
I adore these posts. Especially that little tidbit that Kotaku has an agenda against Sony which is clue #1 that this post is completely unreliable. I can't wait until tomorrow so all these annoying "insiders" can go away (at least temporarily).

hhe hee he

Kotaku is just a small gaming website. I manage accounts for clients who are worth more than Kotaku. 8 gig RAM --i told evreyone and no one believed me

insiders go away?? now whos right at the end ?? Kotaku or shayan??

also everyone who sent me PM with nasty remarks...i want an apology..otherwise i will forward those PMs to mods

jschreier

Actually, we were right about everything announced, including the 8 GB RAM we reported in January. Jury's out on the stuff Sony hasn't announced yet.

FrankT

Actually, we were right about everything announced, including the 8 GB RAM we reported in January. Jury's out on the stuff Sony hasn't announced yet.

Pay to play online or no? What is behind the paywall is the other question here. Starting to think this pricing is on the money.

jschreier

Pay to play online or no? What is behind the paywall is the other question here. Starting to think this pricing is on the money.

Everything we know, we reported. If I knew which features will be premium, I'd tell you (and our readers). But a look at all of the information we got correct already will hopefully be enough for the "lol kotaku" crowd to start eating crow.

Top Bottom