• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kotaku: Which Inscrutable Nintendo Business Decision Are You?

I got GBA SP Headphone Jack.

Who else was dumb enough to buy this?

ahA9I43.jpg

Or they'd rather have people buy a Switch than give them a much cheaper alternative to playing Nintendo games.

I got 'Naming The Wii Successor The Wii U' which I think is defensible, insofar as they'd want to name the sequel to their biggest console ever something in the same family. It's not their fault people were too stupid to notice it was something different.

Even I was a little confused by the Wii U reveal. The first thing I thought when the name first popped up is that it was a Wii expansion. Reggie repeatedly bringing up "the new controller" didn't help. It wasn't until about halfway through the reveal trailer is when I realized it's a new console, and even then I sought confirmation that it was indeed a new console to be sure. Even the gaming press specifically asked Reggie in an interview afterwards, "this is a new console, correct?"

The Wii U reveal was a complete disaster that goes way beyond being able to just place blame on "stupid people".

Kthulhu

Even I was a little confused by the Wii U reveal. The first thing I thought when the name first popped up is that it was a Wii expansion. Reggie repeatedly bringing up "the new controller" didn't help. It wasn't until about halfway through the reveal trailer is when I realized it's a new console, and even then I sought confirmation that it was indeed a new console to be sure. Even the gaming press specifically asked Reggie in an interview afterwards, "this is a new console, correct?"

The Wii U reveal was a complete disaster that goes way beyond being able to just place blame on "stupid people".

I was the same. I saw it live and had no idea what I was looking at.

mindsale

Kotaku must have been reading that Nintendo thread we had going last week regarding the company's most baffling decision.

Oh also I am naming the second Wii, Wii U.

Welcome to Kotaku. I'm reasonably confident this is how they assemble most of their articles.

ShyMel

I got "Naming The Follow-Up To The Wii The Wii U". Also this quiz reminded me that Nintendo removed the headphone jack from the SP. That really ticked me off as a kid because that meant that I couldn't use my Nintendo Power headphones with it.

I got GBA SP Headphone Jack.

Who else was dumb enough to buy this?

ahA9I43.jpg

I was headphone jack as well. I still love the SP and never felt the need to use headphones, but that's because I needed a stupid adapter to use them.

Result: Dropping the Headphone Jack On the Game Boy Advance SP
Why on hell would they do that?

To be fair the SP was amazingly small for the time. The cartridge took up the entire front of the bottom half.

I answered everything wrong or horrible (like Pineapple on Pizza) and got:
Result: Friend Codes On The Switch

The options were just cheese, pineapple, nothing but olives or a small for $18 and a pepporchini. Pineapple was the best choice regardless, but those other terrible options made it a no brainer.

Peltz

Result: Friend Codes On The Switch

Friend codes, a 12 digit code that Nintendo used as a method for people to find and friend each other on the Wii and 3DS, have always been clunky and unwieldy. They simply do not make sense in the Year f our lord two thousand and seventeen. While only one person needs to know their friend's code to find each other on the Switch, honestly, that's still bullshit. They took something that always sucked and made it suck slightly less. Congratulations, Nintendo!

I'm laughing WAY TOO HARD at this haha.

geomon

Friend Codes on the Switch

I protest that pizza question. The choices were bullshit. No one just gets pineapple on their pizza. It's pineapple and ham, ok? Pineapple and ham. Now you can get just ham but you cannot get just pineapple, because that's just weird.

Friend Codes on the Switch

I protest that pizza question. The choices were bullshit. No one just gets pineapple on their pizza. It's pineapple and ham, ok? Pineapple and ham. Now you can get just ham but you cannot get just pineapple, because that's just weird.
i'm a vegetarian so i just get pineapple :/

I just retook it and realized there are F O U R pictures of Rihanna leaving a restaurant with a wine glass. I didn't know this was a thing, but it's hilarious.

MCN

Banned
I am also Friend Codes On The Switch. I don't know what this says about me, all I know is that pineapple on pizza is a crime against humanity, and I hope Kotaku use the data from this quiz to orchestrate a round-up and imprisonment of everyone who chose it.

I don't understand why people hate friend codes so much.

They are like phone numbers, you enter them into your phone once, then it doesn't matter anymore. Plus having your account tied to some number, means than multiple people can have the same name, so you don't need to have people like xX-Goku9720-Xx just to have a unique name. It also means if you want to change your name it should be free, since its only really your number that means anything.

It's not a big deal, and there is some really good positives.

BY2K

Membero Americo
You know, sometimes there's a point where you have to tell yourself it's time to stop beating the dead horse.

I mean, every company makes dumb, terrible decisions.

Remember when Sony decided NOT to included a 4K Blu-ray Players on its 4K console?

geomon

You know, sometimes there's a point where you have to tell yourself it's time to stop beating the dead horse.

I mean, every company makes dumb, terrible decisions.

Remember when Sony decided NOT to included a 4K Blu-ray Players on its 4K console?

How is that a dumb decision? Did you want to pay $600 for a Pro?

Top Bottom