• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kyrie Irving wants to be traded from the Cavs LeBron blindsided

qcf x2

I too doubt that the Warriors are the primary factor here...but they have something to do with him potentially leaving before his contract is more than halfway through.

So they've now played a part in ruining 3 franchises - OKC, LAC (kinda), and Cleveland.

They may have also ruined my Pacers by proxy, though I'm willing to believe PG is just a cornball.

He won them their first championship in any major pro team sport in decades. If both he and Kyrie leave, it would be pretty obvious to even Cleveland fans that the problem is ownership.

They gave us everything we could have asked for with that chip. I don't presume to speak for any other fans, but if they both want to leave, I'm more than okay with it. Cleveland will live in the afterglow of that chip run for a long time to come. I'd love to see us stay good and keep them, but if they want to do something else with their lives and careers I will wish them nothing but the best of luck.

We're not strangers to bad ownership among our teams and Mr. Quicken Loans will never be remembered as being as bad as someone like Art Model who took our football team away. But yea, we'll know the front office is most likely to blame.

There is no way they trade kat even if it's ad. Besides KAT is more valuable imo due to his health compared to AD.

You're probably right. I honestly can't remember how healthy AD was last season. But that's why most of my thoughts on AD were tempered with health considerations

Why, you have Lowry

why rub it in on him

Nameless

Come to Chicago and play with Wade and Lauri! A few years with our front office and Dan Gilbert won't seem so bad.

Jag

h8czlnlxj0bz.jpg

While clearly not a Kobe-Shaq relationship in its volume or intensity, Kyrie has for a long time clearly resented no longer being "the man" on his team.

Maybe he's a bit passive-aggressive? Or maybe just a passive internalizer if LBJ is being honest that he really didn't see this coming.

I really did think Kyrie had grown past the "I need to be the man" phase. That he saw that his partnership with LeBron and the trust he regularly displayed with him provided the atmosphere for both to sharpen each other. If he is traded, I hope he finds that situation he's looking for where he can dominate the ball. I can't imagine it's about getting up enough shots, so...man idunno. I really like him. I'll be disappointed if hey have to move him because they couldn't get them all on the same page.

Seemed like LBJ is fairly reasonable to talk to for people he respects. But maybe not? Or maybe Kyrie was afraid to talk to him?

Holy shit. Cleveland has a DVD, at least. Imagine the dude who didn't go to the parade, thinking he would get another in the next five years.

There is no such Cleveland fan.

I flew up from Miami to go to the parade because it was unlikely I'd see another in my lifetime. Anyone who's been a CLE sports fan for any length of time knows better than to take a current or future Chip for granted.

LionPride

Banned
People can be stupid and Billy Donovan's coaching makes Billy King look like Einstein. Guard defense matters more then ever before, interior defense not so much. (Provided you give up less then your opponents average 3pt% )

Fun fact Russell Westbrook, Alex Abrines, Enes Kanter, Andre Roberson and Steven Adams as a 5 man unit last season had a 131.6 ORTG that group played 76 minutes together all season.
Fun fact

Enes Kanter can't fucking move

At all

jdstorm

Banned
Fun fact

Enes Kanter can't fucking move

At all

The only place Kanter can't move is back to Turkey.

He's a more then capable basketball player. Although he tends to play too soft on defense. His bigger issue is mental and how he doesnt seem to read and react at NBA speeds.

LionPride

Banned

He's a more then capable basketball player. Although he tends to play too soft on defense. His bigger issue is mental and how he doesnt seem to read and react at NBA speeds.

That's not mental

He's garbage on defense

Like, he's absolutely dreadful

He gets used and abused by capable offensive players

While clearly not a Kobe-Shaq relationship in its volume or intensity, Kyrie has for a long time clearly resented no longer being "the man" on his team.

Let's not forget that when Shaq got traded, he won one salty chip on the back of Wade's FT shooting in the Finals and then made a shitty (pun intended) diss track.

Then got traded from team to team to team till his Achilles popped and he was done.

Kobe won two salty chips, stayed in LA till his Achilles popped and he was done.

TTG

Kyrie doesn't want to be in a Westbrookian role at the end of next year when Lebron bails. Especially not in Cleveland with that fan base. He's just getting out in front of it, let all that bullshit crash on LBJ instead.

Maybe he'll end up on the Spurs somehow. Kyrie, LMA, Kawhi, Gay: iso hell.

mjp2417

Banned

Being unable to read, react, and move at NBA speeds is a pretty big fucking problem if you are trying to play defense in the NBA.

Let's not forget that when Shaq got traded, he won one salty chip on the back of Wade's FT shooting in the Finals and then made a shitty (pun intended) diss track.

Then got traded from team to team to team till his Achilles popped and he was done.

Kobe won two salty chips, stayed in LA till his Achilles popped and he was done.

moral of the story:

you're done once your Achilles pops.

*nods*

Kyrie doesn't want to be in a Westbrookian role at the end of next year when Lebron bails.

It's really hard to say that when his claimed beef is a lack of vocal role/control.

Seems like he wants to go full Westbrook and he feels LeBron is standing in his way to do so. That or he believes he should be the core decision maker at all times.

Which would be odd, as most of the time his decision is to dribble and shoot.

Holy shit. Cleveland has a DVD, at least. Imagine the dude who didn't go to the parade, thinking he would get another in the next five years.

Basically me. But some personal bullshit happened, it wasn't like I just skipped the parade cause fuck it

but I did miss that bitch and felt good as shit that we'd repeat until we lost game 3 at home this season. This Finals would have been way different if we didn't choke that game away

Basically me. But some personal bullshit happened, it wasn't like I just skipped the parade cause fuck it

but I did miss that bitch and felt good as shit that we'd repeat until we lost game 3 at home this season. This Finals would have been way different if we didn't choke that game away

I was rooting for the cavs but they had no chance this season. even if they won game 3 what makes you so sure game 4 was in the bag? If anything warriors would try even harder to get that game. It was clear they didn't have enough to win.

andthebeatgoeson

There is no such Cleveland fan.

I flew up from Miami to go to the parade because it was unlikely I'd see another in my lifetime. Anyone who's been a CLE sports fan for any length of time knows better than to take a current or future Chip for granted.

This is neogaf.

Let me rephrase. I'm sure no one skipped it without a decent reason. But some dude will have feelings in 15 years because he didn't lie, cheat or steal his way to that parade.

Cheebo

Banned
Jdstorm really has a thing for big men bench players who can't move and have no place in the small ball era NBA.

charsace

lol at Greg Monroe. Dude is a fucking dinosaur. Philly can't get good value for Okafor who is better than Monroe and you think Monroe can get the Bucks Kyrie?

Cheebo

Banned
lol at Greg Monroe. Dude is a fucking dinosaur. Philly can't get good value for Okafor who is better than Monroe and you think Monroe can get the Bucks Kyrie?
Bucks have been trying to trade Monroe for pretty much ANYTHING for the last year and no team wants him. Jdstorm here thinks he and delly are good for Kyrie lololololol. Both contracts any bucks fan will tell you they regret badly.

charsace

Bucks have been trying to trade Monroe for pretty much ANYTHING for the last year and no team wants him. Jdstorm here thinks he and delly are good for Kyrie lololololol. Both contracts any bucks fan will tell you they regret badly.

The Bucks have had Monroe on the block since the halfway point of the first year he signed with them. Detroit fans were happy when the team didn't re-sign him. Even before the small ball explosion Monroe's defense was an issue.

Anth0ny

if kyrie goes west they should just do the all star game nhl style where they assign captains and draft teams

east is a complete joke

"GMs are smart, they know what they're doing...they're GMs...they know Greg Monroe is a bad bargaining chip...they call the Cleveland FO and shit...hello...we have got 5 trade scenarios for you with Greg Monro--hello?"

qcf x2

why does the NBA even bother having more than 7-8 teams anyway

parity is a joke

I keep waiting for journalists, talking heads, etc to shove a microphone in Adam Silver's face and ask him to give his opinion on parity in the NBA right now. He's progressive and all that but dude is in danger of letting the league destroy its own integrity with his "this is fine" vibes.

Prinicipal Stern would have never allowed this fuckery.

LeBron always blindsided. Kyrie Irving wants to be traded from the Cavs LeBron blindsided. Crash wins Best Picture LeBron blindsided. 9/11 LeBron blindsided.

I keep waiting for journalists, talking heads, etc to shove a microphone in Adam Silver's face and ask him to give his opinion on parity in the NBA right now. He's progressive and all that but dude is in danger of letting the league destroy its own integrity with his "this is fine" vibes.

Prinicipal Stern would have never allowed this fuckery.

They did and his response basically was " This is fine. The Cavs and Warriors sucked for decades and now they are contenders. It's up to the rest of the league to build a team to beat the Warriors."

Vixdean

SportsPickle @sportspickle

Kyrie Irving believes Earth is flat and he doesn't want to play with LeBron James. Kyrie Irving might be the dumbest person who ever lived.
3:17 PM · Jul 21, 2017

Pretty much sums it up for me.

Celtics might actually go to the finals this upcoming season
Ainge the 🐐did it 😎

Kyrie to the Spurs would make the Warriors shook
Leonard x Kyrie would be great

LMAOldridge needs to go

The end of Cleveland sports forever is coming soon :D

So he wants to be the infallible star of a team...but SA already has a top 5 player, and NY has someone with more potential.

Makes sense Uncle Drew.

Jkmetal

Banned
The sun never sets on the Warriors empire.

Everyone but warriors fans wouldn't mind a mini-earthquake leading to a giant sinkhole directly under oracle arena. Building should be empty by then. The kings recently moved so their old digs are available and they have no fans (admitted in public) anyway.

Lol @ Lebron being blindsided. I bet he was thinking about his teammates when he decided to do the Decision and take his talents to South Beach, and yet he has the nerve to react that way when Kyrie wants to make a career move? Lol fuck outta here with that junk. I think he's just salty that Kyrie leaving (if he gets traded) puts more pressure on him to either succeed or stay in Cleveland (IMO both of which won't happen for the foreseeable future).

I do wonder what Kyrie's reason is for wanting to leave though, maybe he's sick of the lack of accountability that Lebron has while he harps on his teammates for not doing enough? Or is it just a pure career move being proactive before Lebron royally fucks over the Cavs and leaves.

Top Bottom