• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kyrie Irving wants to be traded from the Cavs LeBron blindsided

Instro

LeBron is going to one up Jordan by buying the Rockets and playing for them. He could truly be the LeCoach, LeGM, LeOwner, and Lebron he has always wanted to be.

Bronx-Man

Banned
If Kyrie really wants to be in the leading man role, Miami or NY makes the most sense.

Porzinger & Kyrie together? Sheeeeeesh.

Darkman M

I don't think his ego can take losing in the finals to the Warriors every year. Plus he probably figures winning that one championship makes him "even".

Honestly, at this point I don't think he would get too much crap from people if he stays in the East since it's one big pity party at this point. But if he went West, especially to the Lakers or a super team.... yesh!

Gilbert an now Kyrie announcing he wants out is the out Lebron needed, an he brought them a chip, I think h comes out good this time.

FZZ

Banned
Cross posting

Funny thing is Kyrie doesn't like playing in Brons shadow but next season Bron gonna be deferring to Zo in LA anyways

😂😂😂😂

I can already see the press conference next year when Bron signs with Lakers

"This is Zo's team"

🐐

Gonna have 4 TD passes minimum per game

Chino Hills basketball coming to LA baby

jdstorm

Banned
No way the "Lebron Blindsided part is true" Lebron is clearly leaving next summer, everyone knows it and Kyrie wants off the sinking ship.

Not sure why Cleveland should give a crap though. Dude has 3 more years on his deal.

Edit: Kyrie to Milwaukee makes the most sense. Bucks have Greg Monroe's expiring contract, Delly and at least 3 years of unprotected 1st round picks while Irving is under contract.

charsace

His desire to be in SA seems kinda silly to me. Irving doesn't have a no trade clause and is locked into 3 more years. The Cavs don't have to listen to any of his desires.

Also Kyrie on a system team seems funny to me. Pop will kill him

I can see Irving playing for the spurs. In HS and College he was loved by coaches because he was easy to work with.

ApharmdX

Banned
I mean, it's a business, but Kyrie's role on the Cavs is fine. He's a great player but not great enough to build a contender around. Not really a fan of this.

I don't think his ego can take losing in the finals to the Warriors every year. Plus he probably figures winning that one championship makes him "even".

Honestly, at this point I don't think he would get too much crap from people if he stays in the East since it's one big pity party at this point. But if he went West, especially to the Lakers or a super team.... yesh!

So is it just losing in the finals his ego can't take? Because it'll be the same thing, just in the WCF.

LeBron is shook.
xTiTnDAP0RiCo9k85W.gif

jdstorm

Banned
So is it just losing in the finals his ego can't take? Because it'll be the same thing, just in the WCF.

Losing in the WCF doesn't Hurt Lebron's legacy like losing in the finals does. Lebron is 1 finals loss away from having as many finals losses as Jordan has rings. That will count for something in legacy conversations.

He should go to the place that would have drafted for him had they not traded the pick: the Clippers. Mostly because I like him and want him on my team.

Tall4Life

Losing in the WCF doesn't Hurt Lebron's legacy like losing in the finals does. Lebron is 1 finals loss away from having as many finals losses as Jordan has rings. That will count for something in legacy conversations.

People will always point to LeBron fluking his way into the 2007 Finals and LeBron facing possibly the greatest team ever in these finals

Jag

Finals appearances still counts for something. Lebron to LA is the most likely scenario next year.

Good, this is better for him because playing with LeBron never made him any better, like they all pretend LeBron does for teammates. Love needs to demand a trade as well because playing with LeBron has actually made Love's game worse. Kyrie needs great players that don't fucking cry nor give up when things aren't going their way. Leaving LeBron is a blessing in disguise for Kyrie.

Baffling. The difference between this situation and the Shaq-Kobe situation is that Kyrie has never been able to win on his own. Kobe was one of the top 5-10 players in the league when he played sidekick to Shaq. The Lakers were still respectable with Kobe at the helm when Shaq sat out.

Kyrie without LeBron? I don't have the exact numbers in front of me, but I know the win percentage is ugly. Playing off of LeBron is the perfect scenario for Kyrie. He never gets doubled and he gets the ball in rhythm from one of the best passers.

Good, this is better for him because playing with LeBron never made him any better, like they all pretend LeBron does for teammates. Love needs to demand a trade as well because playing with LeBron has actually made Love's game worse. Kyrie needs great players that don't fucking cry nor give up when things aren't going their way. Leaving LeBron is a blessing in disguise for Kyrie.

Lmao Kyrie is Steph Marbury 2.0 w/o Bron.

People way over inflating the kind of player he is.

SaviorX

A blessing directly out of Finals contention

Unless he goes to San Antonio

Guess he's tired of playing Bron Ball. Not allowing Kyrie and Love to pick n roll multiple times a game makes no sense from a basketball perspective.

And of course he knows Bron is leaving next year so...yea.

Darkman M

lmao......

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Please send him to the Spurs so they can at least be somewhat of a challenge to GS.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Other teams Irving said he'd be willing to join were the New York Knicks, Miami Heat and Minnesota Timberwolves, league sources told ESPN.

I don't get this at all.

overcast

Lebron carried the team to a championship wtf. I mean Kyrie played well but Lebron was goddamn legendary.

Do better.

Please send him to the Spurs so they can at least be somewhat of a challenge to GS.

For what? What does San Antonio have to offer other than Murray, who alone is not nearly worth Kyrie w/ 3 years of control left. This entire thing is just a bullshit power play floated out by Kyrie's team because he's unhappy but knows he has zero leverage.

For what? What does San Antonio have to offer other than Murray, who alone is not nearly worth Kyrie w/ 3 years of control left. This entire thing is just a bullshit power play floated out by Kyrie's team because he's unhappy but knows he has zero leverage.
Aldridge?

I don't know how to calculate the value on that one though.

jdstorm

Banned
People will always point to LeBron fluking his way into the 2007 Finals and LeBron facing possibly the greatest team ever in these finals

Name another potential top 10 All time player that would have 6 finals losses. Larry Bird faced the Showtime Lakers, Kobe has 2 losses against good teams. None of them are close.

Without another championship win or 2 Lebrons legacy is toast with Durant and Leonard gunning hard for it.

Plinko

I don't know. I know they don't have anything to send in return. Just want him on the Spurs to make the West somewhat competitive.

Name another potential top 10 All time player that would have 6 finals losses. Larry Bird faced the Showtime Lakers, Kobe has 2 losses against good teams. None of them are close.

Without another championship win or 2 Lebrons legacy is toast with Durant and Leonard gunning hard for it.

Nah. Only to haters.

Sometimes, it actually does matter who you're playing with and who you're facing. LeBron is set as an all time top 5 great. The position is secure.

Top Bottom