• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kyrie Irving wants to be traded from the Cavs LeBron blindsided

Irving never wanted to play with LeBron in the first place.

All celebrities smile for the camera. Team camaraderie is bullshit. Its work.

Jarate

Banned
Milwaukee needs a PG and can offer Delly, Monroe's expiring contract and 3 years worth of picks. Assuming you are also trading Kevin Love that is a great deal for Cleveland.
Delly and Monroe's contracts are horrible and aren't worth anything. 3 future picks in the 20's is worth very little. Also, Kyrie would have the same problem he had in Cleveland but with Gianni's who is ball dominant.

Say Lebron, Kawhi and Durant all finish with 3 Championships. Why would lebron be considered better then either of them?

Not hating, just asking a genuine question.

I mean maybe they will be considered better as it's hard to project into the future for Kawhi and Durant's accomplishments
BUT
Let's say that Lebron gets only one more championship appearance, he'll be the best player of 9 finals teams and a 4 time MVP (prob deserved 5 for that first Miami year that Rose won). Kawhi and KD would have a lot of catching up to do to get those accomplishments.
Not to mention the whole finals record thing is such BS, people should consider playoff record as a whole. How many other players could even get to 9 finals??

EDIT: a word

Irving never wanted to play with LeBron in the first place.

All celebrities smile for the camera. Team camaraderie is bullshit. Its work.

I believe this is largely correct. We know they've had some relationship issues in the past. Since there was very little talk otherwise, I think most of us had assumed rings erased those concerns.

Apparently he wants his Russell Westbrook MVP opportunity.

I blame Russ.

If LBJ leaves, it's going to be for a team in the West. Why would he leave Cleveland for another team in the East? They're all garbage. Lebron could take the EC playoffs off and sit on the bench wearing a suit and the Cavs would still make the Finals.

Why would he go to the Lakers and get destroyed by the Warriors? You might be able to put together a team in LA that's slightly better than the Cavs currently, but you'd need luck to get past the Warriors to get to the Finals. With the Cavs at worst you lose in the Finals. Same with any other east contender.

I wonder if there are more issues here than LeBron is claiming to be aware of, such that moving him for a good trade would make him more inclined to stay? I wonder if Kyrie is one of the reasons why he complained about playmakers on the team? Hmmm.

You should blame your shitty owner who fired your pretty great GM.

But naw, blame a guy not even on your team.
lmao.

Are you just trolling me right now or did you actually think I was serious?

work harder on your troll game, man. I'm having a ball.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
He's lookin at the Wolves too

We ain't gon get him, but that's news for the org and improvement

Who would you trade though, the picks aren't worth much.. Wiggins back to Cavs with say Dieng for Irving/Frye (to make the money work). They aren't giving up KAT.. and there's no other pieces they can trade or worth a shit.

He played 41mpg in playoffs and 37mpg in regular season last year. That is with Kyrie.

So yea 45 is about right without Kyrie. Otherwise they won't make it anywhere.

LeBron can't handle that anymore. He got tired by the end of the Playoffs already.

Good, this is better for him because playing with LeBron never made him any better, like they all pretend LeBron does for teammates. Love needs to demand a trade as well because playing with LeBron has actually made Love's game worse. Kyrie needs great players that don't fucking cry nor give up when things aren't going their way. Leaving LeBron is a blessing in disguise for Kyrie.

Receipts? LeBron makes everyone better. Irving has looked his best playing WITH LeBron and there's nothing you can do to disprove that.

Why the hell do you want Aldridge if you are Cleveland? He's also 32 when they are likely looking at a rebuild, and they already have big money locked into Love and Thompson. If Kyrie's wants out they have another year or two to trade him. Unless someone blows them away with an offer, they don't have to settle for a crap offer like LMA or Melo or Eric Bledsoe.

Aldridge makes zero sense. You already have a 4, and LA can't play center nor can Love.

Lol. Doubling down on the statement being discussed isnt proof of anything.

What reasons would someone have to rank Lebron over Durant or Leonard assuming they all end up with 3 rings?

You're a funny dude.

What reasons would someone have to rank Lebron over Durant or Leonard assuming they all end up with 3 rings?

There are many more factors that could affect your question though.

Assuming they each end up with 3 rings, how long will Lebron, Durant and Leonard have played in the league? Lebron has been in the league for 14 seasons, Durant for 10 seasons, Kawhi for 6.

Did injuries hamper their careers? Lebron & Kahwi have been rather durable (not sure of the extent of Kawhi's ankle injury against GSW). Durant missed 65% of 2014-15 with the foot injury.

When does their production drop off? Lebron and Durant have played at a very high level since entering the league, Leonard took a few seasons to develop into the player that he is now.

jdstorm

Banned
That's a garbage offer lol.

Who else is offering better?

Monroe is a borderline allstar PF/C who can replace Love and keep Cleveland competitive this season while expiring at the end of the season to reduce Clevelands sallary and give them flexibility moving forward without Lebron. Delly is a beloved folk hero and competant starting PG and those picks will help Cleveland rebuild quickly either via trade or by helping them build depth with the draft.

Its not a great offer, but of you want to be competitive this season and to blow it up next offseason there are worse options. Especially when you factor in what you can recieve in a Kevin Love trade.

Love + Others could potentially get you CJ McCullom from Portland who is a perfectly good Kyrie replacement. So in practice you turn Love and Kyrie into McCollum, Monroe a bunch of well fitting role players and some future picks.

Thats a pretty good set of trades and after lebron and Monroe leave you are firmly under the Sallary cap and will have the flexibility to rebuild around McCollum at PG.

Because Kyrie is locked up for 3 seasons and the only assets the Pels have outside of Davis is Cousins who is a free agent this year

so they at least get another all-star for their own who probably won't stick around longer than he has to

He's asking why the fuck would the PELS make that deal.

sans_pants

avec_pénis

Monroe is a borderline allstar PF/C who can replace Love and keep Cleveland competitive this season while expiring at the end of the season to reduce Clevelands sallary and give them flexibility moving forward without Lebron. Delly is a beloved folk hero and competant starting PG and those picks will help Cleveland rebuild quickly either via trade or by helping them build depth with the draft.

Its not a great offer, but of you want to be competitive this season and to blow it up next offseason there are worse options. Especially when you factor in what you can recieve in a Kevin Love trade.

Love + Others could potentially get you CJ McCullom from Portland who is a perfectly good Kyrie replacement. So in practice you turn Love and Kyrie into McCollum, Monroe a bunch of well fitting role players and some future picks.

Thats a pretty good set of trades and after lebron and Monroe leave you are firmly under the Sallary cap and will have the flexibility to rebuild around McCollum at PG.

Greg Monroe. Borderline all star. You have the best takes

Cleveland has Kyrie locked in for 3 more years. Why exactly do they need to rush to trade him? Because he asked them to? What's he gonna do if they don't trade him? Sit out? He has zero leverage. Garbage offers like the one you are proposing will be there next offseason and the one after.

Monroe is, like you said, an expiring contract. He's filler. Don't then turn around and try to sell him as a "borderline all star" like he has value. The Bucks were probably hoping he would opt out. They don't want him. Why would anybody else? Delly is a rotation player. And with the east as week as this, those 3 picks are going to be outside the lottery. Your offer is trash.

theWB27

Lol. Doubling down on the statement being discussed isnt proof of anything.

LeBron is in that rare air where you're q legit chip contender with mediocre talent.

S
Yes, with all your rings.

It's all jokes, guys. I'm having a ball!

I don't follow? Are you tired, youngster? We won chip. We have rings. Not rings from multiple years obviously, you bonobo. Multiple rings in the same year? You know, for each player?

But you already knew that. The real question is why do you do this to yourself? We got our rings. Show yourself out now. lmao.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I don't follow? Are you tired, youngster? We won chip. We have rings. Not rings from multiple years obviously, you bonobo. Multiple rings in the same year? You know, for each player?

But you already knew that. The real question is why do you do this to yourself? We got our rings. Show yourself out now. lmao.

"Rings" almost always is used to denote multiple championships in any sports discussion, it's almost never used in the context you describe.

I'm walking in this thread to say three things:

1: Kyrie is bailing because he doesn't wanna be the vocal point in goddamn Cleveland
2: Lakers are forever wack, ryutaro!
3: Fuck the Sixers

I think players saying they want to play with the Knicks is a running joke among the NBA fraternity. Knicks Lost is eternal and every ball players knows it.

Milwaukee needs a PG and can offer Delly, Monroe's expiring contract and 3 years worth of picks. Assuming you are also trading Kevin Love that is a great deal for Cleveland.
If the Cavs are smart they will ask for Khris Middleton as part of the deal.

He is the best player the Bucks could be willing to trade and a great cost controlled piece to have next to Lebron.

I don't follow? We won chip. We have rings. Not rings from multiple years you bonobo. Multiple rings in the same year?

Why do you do this to yourself? We got our rings. Show yourself out now. lmao.

Now I'm playing the semantics game...weeee!

Nobody refers to the rings that when taking about rings...unless you are trying to stretch that shit out cause your squad has 1.

That's cool, I can play that game...I will now refer to an ice cream cone as licks as opposed to a scoop.

At least when Randolph posted it a page back

But it is plural, though. Everyone on the team got one.

it was funny.

Because they get Kyrie Irving

Ask yourself why the Pelicans would be interested in losing AD for Kyrie. Go ahead. I'll listen.

Top Bottom