• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light (PS3/PC) GOTY |OT| - CONTEST OVER

Status
Not open for further replies.

S1lent

I activated all the spikes at once on that one level and got no trophy, and I got all 10 red skulls two levels in a row and didn't get a trophy either time. What gives? I was getting trophies before...

Massa

S1lent said:
I activated all the spikes at once on that one level and got no trophy, and I got all 10 red skulls two levels in a row and didn't get a trophy either time. What gives? I was getting trophies before...

That's a bug, sometimes the game won't launch with trophy support.

S1lent

Massa said:
That's a bug, sometimes the game won't launch with trophy support.

Okay, thanks. That's lame. And I suppose there's no way to tell if trophy support is working besides completing a requirement and seeing if it gives you one, right?

Kimosabae

Banned
Just played the demo of this...

Why aren't people talking about this game?? It seems incredible.

*edit*

Maybe I was sleepin' alone.

Massa

S1lent said:
Okay, thanks. That's lame. And I suppose there's no way to tell if trophy support is working besides completing a requirement and seeing if it gives you one, right?

If you bring up the XMB trophy list while in the game and Lara Croft is at the top of the list then it means trophy support is probably enabled.

Of course, that only works if you played a different game with trophies before launching Lara Croft... otherwise it will always be at the top of the list. :)

Gaaraz

(edit) oops, done it!

Just playing the demo, quite fun this... much prefer it to the other recent Tomb Raider games...

blizeH said:
(edit) oops, done it!

Just playing the demo, quite fun this... much prefer it to the other recent Tomb Raider games...

That got me too until I saw the grapple ring on top.

EDIT: Damn you and your stealth edit.

Gaaraz

Hehe, sorry for the edit, kinda threw your post out - but yeah, I saw the ring last minute but just couldn't get on it! Had to actually jump out towards the spikes and spin around to grapple in the end, nice.

Uh... the last level of this game (
the final bossfight
) is buggy as hell. If I die on
the spikes during the first part of the fight, then I'll die as soon as the checkpoint is reloaded.
And then during the
last part of the bossfight, when he summons two golems, I can't kill them no matter how long I try with the spear (after I run out of ammo for the others weapons)
Can't finish it. I'm guess I'm done with this game until a patch comes out. Fix this shit CD :/ (PC version)
Otherwise, I enjoyed it a lot. Good level design and puzzles, decent fights, and a lot of variety between exploration levels, puzzles levels, etc. I wouldn't say it's a GOTY contender though.

Massa

LordPhoque said:
Uh... the last level of this game (
the final bossfight
) is buggy as hell. If I die on
the spikes during the first part of the fight, then I'll die as soon as the checkpoint is reloaded.
And then during the
last part of the bossfight, when he summons two golems, I can't kill them no matter how long I try with the spear (after I run out of ammo for the others weapons)

Use the pistol instead of the spear.

Also, if I'm thinking of the part you're at, you can stay in the stairs; the fireballs won't hit you and you can shoot them until they die.

Majmun

Game is really great so far. Been playing the game for almost four hours straight with my brother. The co-op experience is amazing in this game. Probably the best multiplayer game I've played this year.

And I also got the trophy bug. Didn't noticed it at first. I dowloaded the unlock key first, then downloaded the "demo"
So I'll have to redownload the game again to get the trophies working?

Cels

Prime crotch said:
The damn PS3 online patch still isnt out? You're killing your game without it, CD.

heh, 360 patch isn't out til wednesday so don't expect the ps3/pc patch for a few weeks at best.

Baha

PC patch is LIVE!!!!

- Online Co-Op play added! Play online with your friends as either Lara or Totec.
- Improvements to in-game mouse/keyboard and gamepad controls
- Improvements to overall performance and stability
- Additional audio and visual polish

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
So now that the coop patch is out, is playing singleplayer still worth it or do I need to find somebody to run through the game with?

Mr_Zombie

Playing SP is still worth it, because lots of puzzles are different (there is no Totec in single player campaign, so Lara has to do everything) than their co-op variations.

Htown said:
So now that the coop patch is out, is playing singleplayer still worth it or do I need to find somebody to run through the game with?
Singleplayer rocks, seriously. Co-op is awesome (I'm up for a session if you want - PSN ID same as username), but don't think SP isn't worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom