• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Large Youtubers Hide Ownership of CSGO Lottery Site

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tmartn's Skype messages read extremely manipulative; he keeps mentioning what a positive person he is and thankful for bringing his disclosure to light so that he looks like the good guy in the situation. I've had people speak to me like that before and it's easy to see through, but there is also a specific term that refers to this kind of manipulative speak that I can't think of at the moment. That is definitely what I'm seeing from him though.

Also worth noting how Tmartn wants him to agree to not share any of the conversation right up front. Tmartn seems to be the kind of person who thinks he can have control over everything by isolating and intimidating.

Tmartn's mention of how he understands that this situation must be boosting HtC's views is also disgusting; YouTube views aren't everything, Tmartn. It's like saying that HtC just wants to keep the controversy going because he has never been paid that much attention before.

Tmartn is all over the fucking place. The guy is a ridiculous and delusional narcissist. I can't wait for this guy to either go to jail or lose all the money he has to his name. Fuck him.

If anything, the Skype conversation really reinforces the idea that he really did try to bribe HtC in the email, mainly because I think he's a guy that would do it.

Coreda

games-csgolotto.comscxnyym.jpg

lmao, this guy.

OldMuffin

So we are the point that some scumbag could potentially be moaning the death of someone for sheer sympathy points. And to all those that think he could be legit upset... what has he done up to this point can be considered truthful or even human for that matter?

aravuus

As much as I hoped I'd be wrong on doubting HtC on this one, it looks like I wasn't. That's a shame.

e: unless he spoofed his own email lol

Yeah that's a fake email. The header in latest htc's videos shows it was sent from "emkei dot cz" a fake mailer.

Someone also pointed out the red unlocked symbol which means there was no encryption on the email, meanwhile google encrypts...

I still think HTC doctored up that email to keep the controversy going. And I could be right. Could be impossible to know for certain either way. Even if he didn't, why would he use the email without solid evidence? I mean, his other videos were thoroughly vetted for accuracy so why did he not vet the email beyond looking at a youtube page? Seems sketchy af to me.

What tmartn did was deplorable, but the situation is served by clarity, not this drama shit show. I was reading the logs a bit and HTC skips any remotely legitimate point tmartn was trying to say about whether his business is legally classified as gambling. He doesn't want to address the fact that he could have been wrong so he skimmed over it and kept saying basically IDC, IDC, IDC.

Again, what Tmartn did was wrong. He should be punished, for the things he actually did wrong.

bj00rn_

Banned
I still think HTC doctored up that email to keep the controversy going.

No. It was obvious that he made a rookie mistake.

As much as I hoped I'd be wrong on doubting HtC on this one, it looks like I wasn't. That's a shame.

e: unless he spoofed his own email lol

I was one of those who said that this could be fake. With that said, the only wrong HtC did in this instance was to do a poor job checking the e-mail origins. It's a drop in the ocean, everything else has been quality work considering the circumstances. He's not, AFAIK, a professional journalist.

sensi97

Someone also pointed out the red unlocked symbol which means there was no encryption on the email, meanwhile google encrypts...

I still think HTC doctored up that email to keep the controversy going. And I could be right. Could be impossible to know for certain either way. Even if he didn't, why would he use the email without solid evidence? I mean, his other videos were thoroughly vetted for accuracy so why did he not vet the email beyond looking at a youtube page? Seems sketchy af to me.

What tmartn did was deplorable, but the situation is served by clarity, not this drama shit show. I was reading the logs a bit and HTC skips any remotely legitimate point tmartn was trying to say about whether his business is legally classified as gambling. He doesn't want to address the fact that he could have been wrong so he skimmed over it and kept saying basically IDC, IDC, IDC.

Again, what Tmartn did was wrong. He should be punished, for the things he actually did wrong.
I don't think HTC faked the email himself. But he should have checked the header before uploading his previous videos.

tmartn is obviously the story here, but let's not kid ourselves and pretend that this HTC guy isn't going to milk the shit out of this thing as long as possible for personal gain. i'm not saying he faked the e-mail, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if he knew it was bullshit and went with it anyways.

if you want to maintain credibility, you don't make something that incendiary public unless you're positive it's legit.

aravuus

I was one of those who said that this could be fake. With that said, the only wrong HtC did in this instance was to do a poor job checking the e-mail origins. It's a drop in the ocean, everything else has been quality work considering the circumstances. He's not, AFAIK, a professional journalist.

Yeah sure, I did say I doubted HtC's judgement when I posted about it on the last page, just worded the post you quoted stupidly. I don't think he did anything intentionally, he just should have done a better job with his fact-checking before making a video about the email.

bj00rn_

Banned
Yeah sure, I did say I doubted HtC's judgement when I posted about it on the last page, just worded the post you quoted stupidly. I don't think he did anything intentionally, he just should have done a better job with his fact-checking before making a video about the email.

Just to be clear, I didn't really critique what you wrote, I quoted you and just added some thoughts :)

So it was fake, that's a shame.

His other findings still haven't lost any credibility with me. He's doing great work but he should have taken a moment to step back, think about whether that email made sense and then I think a critical thinker like him would have seen the red flags that were there.

Slaythe

So it was fake, that's a shame.

His other findings still haven't lost any credibility with me. He's doing great work but he should have taken a moment to step back, think about whether that email made sense and then I think a critical thinker like him would have seen the red flags that were there.

Well he released the skype convo, that's extremely similar to the email, ironically.

Damn that Skype convo. Yikes.

As per the email it looks like it was spoofed. Wether or not HtC knew or did it himself, unless someone comes clean we may never know. I wouldn't put it past Tmartn to do this or ask his friends to fake an email knowing HtC would gobble it up. I also wouldn't put it past HtC to do it, himself, tbh. He is milking this stuff BUT judging by his Skype convo with Tmartn I would be posting up the logs, too.

PtM

Banned
What I do find interesting is that Martin really seemes to believe the excuses he's brought forward publicly.

Also of note, how HTC never brought up that email in the skype convos.

I really love how he has a site with LOTTO in the name and says it's not gambling and makes videos deliberately about how much he won on the site.

Audioboxer

Has this topic gone quiet?

The lawsuits involved over these cases will take absolutely ages to process. As we correctly stand by innocent until proven guilty, legally, shitbags like TmarTn will continue to plod along in the meantime like everything is rosy. Don't feel disheartened not much has happened as of yet.

As Valve are caught up in this as well, you've probably got more chance of having a baby, raising that baby, seeing them graduate and then becoming a grandparent before something happens in these cases.

Usobuko

Banned
Tmartn is a shitty human being who have shown with his apology video that he is willing to use anything to his leverage, his dog in this case, to exploit sympathy.

RS4-

Guy is rich so he should buy a minigun instead.

IIRC Due to a loophole, miniguns can be legaly obtained by people in the US.

It is ungodly expensive though so no one bothers with it.

He can afford it.

Hey guys, tmartn here at the local gun shop. I'm going to show you how to exploit the system, steal money and use that money to buy a mini gun. (But show a vid completely unrelated to the topic)

Kenstar

Guy is rich so he should buy a minigun instead.

IIRC Due to a loophole, miniguns can be legaly obtained by people in the US.

It is ungodly expensive though so no one bothers with it.

That's not a loophole, miniguns and other machineguns have never been banned from ownership with the proper paperwork. Even the 1994-2004 Assault Weapons Ban was only aimed at easily accessible semi auto guns, it never addressed full auto weapons as those were already severely limited in access.

Shit's going down. Honorthecall apperantly just got hacked and all of his videos were deleted.

On his youtube about page
***Someone got into my channel and deleted all the videos. I am trying to get them back. Stay tuned for a update!***

https://www.youtube.com/user/WarGod1283/about

https://mobile.twitter.com/honor_the_call/status/773972662175539200

On slightly related news, apparently Drift0r of CoD fame had his house broken into and his computer hacked on the same weekend that somebody tried to break into Tmartn house.(that's why he got the gun)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAfkj8acaVQ

RS4-

the twist: someone hacked tmartn's pc, he didn't know about this site or the gambling!

But yeah, this is fucked up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom