• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

YouTubers escape fine for promoting CSGO Lotto site they secretly owned

DoubleYou

TmarTn-dog-sorry.jpg

Even the dog was ashamed.

south-park-s14e11c07-were-sorry-16x9.jpg

Always makes me think of the BP guy lol

The FTC everybody! Always been horrible at their job. See, every major US economic downturn caused by economic collusion/mis-management.
The FTC has no regulatory ability whatsoever. Economic collusion is handled by either the SEC or the DOJ's Anti-Trust division.

The goal of the FTC is to promote criminals and other criminal related behavior, guys.
The goal of the FTC is to protect consumers and citizen interests. We have a very limited ability to be proactive in these efforts.

Ominym

Banned
Trump's FTC.

"Why should I help the FTC crush a thriving small business?"

Seriously though, I'm surprised we haven't seen (or maybe I haven't) more gambling businesses lobbing against these kind of platforms. Surely it must eat into their profit margins for the portion of the consumer base for this stuff that isn't underage? Maybe they're holding out hope it converts kids into gamblers?

ultrazilla

Gold Member
You know, I really hate bringing up racial stuff here but I really do think it fits.

White privilege is the perfect example here. If these were black guys, they'd have had hefty fines, probably been asked to repay all the "victims" and possibly jailed.

These bastards got off basically untouched(all that money they were generating surely got them big name lawyers). It really is sickening. :(

Shengar

Since we're all collectively OK with multinational corporations promoting gambling a la loot boxes, why not let the little guys get in on the action? It's just for cosmetics, right?
Yeah this does not affect ME whatsoever so it's totally fine if people want to buy lootboxes because I never buy it and wouldn'so in the future. I'M totally not affected and involved with this, right?
Right guys?
More options is good :DDDDDD

Aswell

I remember reading about this a while ago, but I expected these guys to be punished for what they did.

FTC = Foster The Crooks...

angelic

Banned
You know, I really hate bringing up racial stuff here but I really do think it fits.

White privilege is the perfect example here. If these were black guys, they'd have had hefty fines, probably been asked to repay all the "victims" and possibly jailed.

These bastards got off basically untouched(all that money they were generating surely got them big name lawyers). It really is sickening. :(

They most likely got off because of expensive legal defense.

remember kids, CSGO skins are not gambling!

Hey, I found this site that lets you make tons of money with these skins! Check it out!

Calabi

FTC deals with the communications stuff, not the allegations about child gambling. That would be a different agency.

Yeah and by their own admission they broke the rules with the communication stuff. But all the gave them was a warning not to do it again, if they do it again then they'll fine them. Thats insane to me. The corruption goes on and is legitimised.

And of course we all know their will never be another investigation.

Top Bottom