• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Last Ranker (Capcom x RPG x PSP) Information Thread

duckroll

2rhydtc.jpg

lyre

The information about the game so far sounds so unappealing to me, and now with the main character art showing up (in addition to the few screens in scans) the game looks unappealing as well.

I'm still hopeful this dream team will be able to make something that plays well despite the game description.

Zanmato

Banned
lyre said:
The information about the game so far sounds so unappealing to me, and now with the main character art showing up (in addition to the few screens in scans) the game looks unappealing as well.

I'm still hopeful this dream team will be able to make something that plays well despite the game description.
How worn out is that hat?

That capcom x rgp x psp seems so...I don't know pretentious. At the same time it's sad that a psp rpg has to be treated like a event, seeings how there are so few. I'll look into it.

an RPG i might want to play. too bad my legs go numb after sitting on the toylotto for about 2 hours forgetting i'm playing PSP taking a dump and grinding levels, you know

Espada

Whoa, I'm definitely looking forward to this. That last bit of media for the game that was just posted has got me craving for more

yurinka

klee123 said:
Oops sorry! :lol Yeah, I meant Yoko Shimomura

I haven't played 7th Dragon yet tho, was kinda waiting for an English version. Is a US release planned?
In Capcom, she was a member of Capcom's Alph Lyla music band and composed the OST of:
-Final Fight
-Street Fighter II
-Pang

Then she worked for Square Enix (after 2002 as a freelancer) in:
-Live A Live
-Front Mission
-Mario RPG
-Parasite Eve series
-Kingdom Hearts series
-Final Fantasy XIII

more info and games here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yoko_Shimomura

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
So, sounds like turn-based with timed button presses? Fuck yeah, I'm all over that. Those type of battle systems make games like Shadow Hearts and the Mario RPGs a billion times more enjoyable than anything else in the genre for me.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Last Wanker

Zig (VA: Hiroshi Kamiya) - A hot blooded youth who grew up in a tribe of a wankers. He is dissatisfied with his life, and leaves the tribe to join the wanking guild in order to find his own inner strength and a purpose to his life. He seeks to be the strongest one of them all.

2wpjair.jpg

Anyway it would be nice if it was also on PS3. This generation sucks in the RPG department.

Sipowicz

Banned
Ether_Snake said:
Last Wanker

Zig (VA: Hiroshi Kamiya) - A hot blooded youth who grew up in a tribe of a wankers. He is dissatisfied with his life, and leaves the tribe to join the wanking guild in order to find his own inner strength and a purpose to his life. He seeks to be the strongest one of them all.
thats even funnier if you take into account his reinforced wanking glove

Ether_Snake said:
Anyway it would be nice if it was also on PS3. This generation sucks in the RPG department.

no it wouldnt and no it doesnt

...so the combat is just QTE's? Wtf who wants to play that bullshit.
Zig? Really? Fucking douchebag name and he's described as 'hotblooded', he already sounds like a cunt.
One character? Fucking lazy asshats at Capcom can't design more than 3 characters, and one looks like fucking Dante anyway, wtf is this? Zig May Zag or some bullshit? So I'm stuck looking at some douchebag, hotblooded cunts ass for what I'll assume will be 15-20 hours while he tries to be the Last Ranker? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills here, Capcom is spoon feeding 'hotblooded' feces into your whore mouths and you're fucking asking them for more! I can't get over how completely bullshit and terrible this game will be.

I'm kidding. Seriously.

Wow, somehow I hadn't heard of this game until just now. Pretty impressive staff list, and Marina Inoue is doing voice work. How can it not be awesome?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Sounds interesting. Has some big names from games that I enjoyed, so I'll look for this (if it's localized).

Pumpkins

Character designs look pretty horrible... why do so many jrpgs use 3d renders for their character art?? :(

Idea of a single party member sounds interesting.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I didn't think that Nojima and Shimomura were free agents. I would've thought Square would keep them tied down. Ah well, I'll keep an eye on this.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Not sure what to think. The battle system doesn't sound all that great IMO, I don't really like how the main character looks, butthe brightly colored world gives me hope this will be something really good. What else has the people who are making this made?

duckroll

Famitsu has a whooping 6 pages on Last Ranker this week. Looks like we'll be getting a pretty good look at the game from the TGS trailer. This time the preview has tons of screens and they're all realtime gameplay screens. The environments look good, and I really dig how when you talk to or meet other warriors, they all have mini-descriptions and a rank.

duckroll

Wow. Shit. Those are all the screens from Famitsu......... as floating pics in the trailer. :lol

I guess the game really isn't done yet. Interesting music though...

Yoboman

I don't know about you guys, but what really sold me was the static Famitsu pictures of gameplay flying across the screen

EDIT: Damn you Duckroll, stealing my crack

duckroll said:
Wow. Shit. Those are all the screens from Famitsu......... as floating pics in the trailer. :lol

I guess the game really isn't done yet. Interesting music though...

Maybe it's just me but it seems that when announcing portable games a lot of Japanese developers like to have trailers where they have 8 screens simultaneously showing game footage. But still pics is a new level I've yet to witness. Still from what I could tell it looks nice, but I'm not feeling the CG.

duckroll

Die Squirrel Die said:
Maybe it's just me but it seems that when announcing portable games a lot of Japanese developers like to have trailers where they have 8 screens simultaneously showing game footage. But still pics is a new level I've yet to witness. Still from what I could tell it looks nice, but I'm not feeling the CG.

It's by Image Epoch, and they really, REALLY suck at CG/3D. This is actually a step up from Arc Rise Fantasia's CG FMV, which was a step up from World Destruction. They're really crappy at it. ^^;

my attention was grabbed at "imageepoch". CG is still as horrible as ever, but after 7th Dragon and ARF, the gameplay has to have some weight to it.

Top Bottom