• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Latest Xbox One Update releases to Insiders Today (Fluent Design)

there are any word on when those updates will be available for everyone else? I was in the beta on prior years, but since I had some problems to play my stuff on 2016, I leave it for good.
The builds are called 1710, so they are in the least aiming November for now.

They said they will have another update this year with some new features and further redesigns on some areas they are not touching right now and October gives them a room to deliver these other updates before the year's end.

Has anyone had the light theme option populate for them since 9:00 AM PDT today, as per the notes given yesterday? I've turned my console on just after noon EST to check it out and I'm not seeing it.

Wouldn't it be cool to have light theme during daytime and dark theme during nighttime?
I'd appreciate this. I hope the software team is already on it, but I'd def vote for it on Xbox Feedback if they're not.

EvB

Has anyone had the light theme option populate for them since 9:00 AM PDT today, as per the notes given yesterday? I've turned my console on just after noon EST to check it out and I'm not seeing it.

I'd appreciate this. I hope the software team is already on it, but I'd def vote for it on Xbox Feedback if they're not.

Maybe somebody can make an app that does it. There is an app that cycles your background

see5harp

I like this much more than the last iteration but they need to just stick with something for a change. Also they need to add the ability to change the volume of Spotify using your phone, like it works with PS4. Also games should automatically mute music like they did last generation (also how it works with PS4).

jesu

I like this much more than the last iteration but they need to just stick with something for a change. Also they need to add the ability to change the volume of Spotify using your phone, like it works with PS4. Also games should automatically mute music like they did last generation (also how it works with PS4).

That is up to the game developer to implement it (also how it works with PS4)

Turns ou one of the bugs I had was just me being stupid XD Didn't realized I had the library showing only xbonex enhanced games XD

Giff screens, I'm at work ��

Oh, I'm no longer at home, just went there to pick up some documents and took a quick glance on the new theme XD

Light theme looks slick (but also made me realize that my TV settings were off - way too sharp and high contrast - now I'm second guessing every little adjustment I make).

I'm really enjoying this new interface, reminds me alot of the blades on 360.

Can't wait for light mode and then we will be back in the glory days.

muzzymate

Looks like Beta flight is getting the updated dashboard tonight. When they introduced the updated flights I was able to change from Ring 4 to Beta which I did. Excited to try out the new look and feel.

Xbox One Insiders - Preview BETA users releasing a 1710 build at 6.00pm PDT today 9/6 with all the new features - Thanks for your patience!
https://twitter.com/workwombatman/status/905489622079119360

Edit: Now officially scheduled for 6:00 PDT.
https://twitter.com/workwombatman/status/905531660049027074

Skyline Owl

Neo Member
Giff screens, I’m at work 😩
Super quick and shitty off-screen shot.
bi8wDad.jpg

borges

Banned
Just got the update. Light theme is awesome, and in combination with the green shinny borders of buttons is a delight.

Got the light theme, really nice, looking forward to seeing the other themes soon. I hope they do some cool stuff to profiles in terms of customisation, really bored with those same colour backgrounds now.

TheKeyPit

Banned
Record that with Guide-Button + X doesn't record the last 15 seconds(that's what I set it to) but the last five minutes instead. What the hell? I wanted to record some cool moments in Siege and all I got was these long-ass clips.

FZW

Record that with Guide-Button + X doesn't record the last 15 seconds(that's what I set it to) but the last five minutes instead. What the hell? I wanted to record some cool moments in Siege and all I got was these long-ass clips.

Then edit them

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Super quick and shitty off-screen shot.
bi8wDad.jpg

Woah!!! the purple and white look incredible together....so tempted to copy this exactly.
The black theme doesnt have drop shadows......or they are harder to see
God damn...you just sold me on the light theme.

Also fuck you!
I bet you complain about you 112MB/s download speeds.

Man i need to move to the first world ASAP!

Shifty

If it's anything like my interaction with any web-based thing ever:

'Show less like this'
'Show less like this''
'Show less like this'
'Show less like this'
'Show less like this'
'Show less like this'
'Show less like this'
'Show less like this'
'Show less like this'
'Show less like this'

"Stop showing me this shit, I'm not interested and never will be"

"No."

Is the background suposed to be white or black in the light theme? I switch the the light theme and its pretty much just the guide. I know its early, but it looks the same lol.

Vinc

I'm not too happy about them changing the UI constantly, but at the same time, I still don't like the current UI at all, so I guess it's okay. I just hope they got it right, this time! The light theme looks awesome.

It's all of the system stuff that is "light"...its supposed to look the same...

Then i don't think i'm a fan in its current state. I changed to the light theme and my home screen has one light colored box, and thats the my games and apps. I feel like it should have been a little more drastic and be all white and grey. The guide looks great.

Zedox

Then i don't think i'm a fan in its current state. I changed to the light theme and my home screen has one light colored box, and thats the my games and apps. I feel like it should have been a little more drastic and be all white and grey. The guide looks great.

It's literally changing everything that was dark to light...I think your expectations was more than what was shown. It's like changing the theme on this site from light to dark.

Idk light theme is the default on Windows 10 and pretty much every major piece of software out there.

Sort of. While if you go to settings, the light theme is indeed the default (and that affects most of the default apps), the core UI of Windows (start, taskbar, action center) is all a dark theme by default.

Is the background suposed to be white or black in the light theme? I switch the the light theme and its pretty much just the guide. I know its early, but it looks the same lol.

It's all of the system stuff that is "light"...its supposed to look the same...
I think one of the problems is...when you go light theme, some of the dashboard elements have full on white background. Like the Store and My Games & Apps. The vast majority of the screen is white. BUT, you can't choose that same white as a background colour under settings > personalization > my background colour, so no matter what, your home screen is going to look different than the rest of the splash pages. For example, you can't have your home look like this:

I guess one workaround would be for someone to make a background image that's a solid white, the same white used elsewhere, and just set the background as that image?

Wedzi

Banned
Seriously guys, I'm counting on you

Good video show casing the light theme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jO93g_DXftc

After watching, I'm thinking the light theme will be my go to. Not too bright, but pretty inviting.

In the video he also points out options for smooth transitions and live backgrounds (see moving backgrounds from games while on home). Has anyone seen these features in action or are these going to be Xbox One X only features?

Justinh

I've noticed it's a lot faster navigating through the achievements app now. I always thought it was pretty sluggish before.

I like how now you can see all your pins in the guide. Well, this many at least. I haven't added any more since I updated. (edit: oh, it just scrolls when you add more)

Things I don't like: it's still a little sluggish, like Games and Apps still chugs when loading, I don't like there's no more "one-button" move pins in the pins block on the home page (it's there in the guide, but not the home page because Y edits the block now and you have to hamburger-> Move Pin), and I don't like that RT/LT doesn't move between each block. The way it's working for me is RT will go to my first block (Pins), next RT pull will skip the second block (Xbox Game Pass), and end up on the last block. I'd like it to go one by one so if I want to go to the Game Pass block I could just double tap RT...

Trup1aya

Good video show casing the light theme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jO93g_DXftc

After watching, I'm thinking the light theme will be my go to. Not too bright, but pretty inviting.

In the video he also points out options for smooth transitions and live backgrounds (see moving backgrounds from games while on home). Has anyone seen these features in action or are these going to be Xbox One X only features?

Thanks. Light theme it is!

Top Bottom