• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends Championship Series: Season 7

Sol Mori

Cloud9 will not be attending IEM link.

A contributing factor was also the current uncertainty around visas and re-entry for Cloud9’s internationals since 60% of the Cloud9 League of Legends staff are foreigners on a visa to the US.

The practice excuse in the article is obviously garbage; the visa issue is definitely the real reason they're not going.

Sol Mori

yea it sucks. Visas can always be a pain but thanks to Trump a lot of people don't even want to take the risk.

I wanted to see how well C9 did against international competition, because TSM without doublelift lost to UoL and the new IMT roster obviously isn't doing great.

I'm guessing an invitation was probably sent to CLG since they went to worlds, but I don't think they went to an IEM event yet. TSM might have also been asked.

TheFlow

Banned
I wanted to see how well C9 did against international competition, because TSM without doublelift lost to UoL and the new IMT roster obviously isn't doing great.

I'm guessing an invitation was probably sent to CLG since they went to worlds, but I don't think they went to an IEM event yet. TSM might have also been asked.
Same. I am still going to watch though.

Also yo Flyquest vs C9 this weekend is going to be hype. Not even sure who to cheer for

Monster performance from Marin and Afreeca Freecs to take down SKT. SKT showed some weakness in those two games, where they couldn't get big leads in lane phase, allowed AFs to pull some sneaky baron plays on them and kite back from their squishy assassins and dive attempts. With much more aggressive players than usual at both top and jungle compared to the incredible SKT teams in 2013, '15 and '16 they might have more difficulties in the closer games where they'd normally rely on superior macro and team comps to win. Peanut was reduced to fairly desperate engage attempts on Rengar as neither he nor Huni could bully Spirit or Marin during lane phase.

Level of play was generally exceptional though - Kuro and Kramer both played much better than their usual and Marin was simply godly in both games. SKT made several poor mistakes in game 2, as if they were rocked a little by the challenge.

Ever

Banned
This is hard to watch. Vitality is very fortunate Origen is the way they are, because they are looking relegation tier right now.

They, uh, saw Ray on a ward before he even got to bot lane and then committed to that push. They knew he would just walk up and kill their nexus and let him do it. Sums up TL's play after the first 20 minutes.

Sol Mori

RIP Immortals. Guess I'll enjoy the WW while I can.

Good thing for IMT is that DIG decided to just go roll over and die. At least game 2 had an explosive ending with the MF ult to melt DIG.

Not sure which game 1 was worse. TL with the choke or DIG with the no defending anything plan.

Ever

Banned
I don't get Liquid. One game they take C9 to their limit and almost get the 2-0, next game they're losing to Immortals off of one play gone bad.

Looper's Singed was just too good, applying relentless pressure and even getting a trade kill when completely caught out. Froggen and Akaadian ruled game 1 on LB and Lee. I can only imagine how much Froggen is enjoying finally having strong teammates around him. I don't see them troubling FlyQuest or TSM, but they could be a solid top half team this year.

Ever

Banned
Looper's Singed was just too good, applying relentless pressure and even getting a trade kill when completely caught out. Froggen and Akaadian ruled game 1 on LB and Lee. I can only imagine how much Froggen is enjoying finally having strong teammates around him. I don't see them troubling FlyQuest or TSM, but they could be a solid top half team this year.

Agreed. Given the way they were playing last year, I'm sure a playoffs berth would be a huge success for Rick Fox and co.

The way Dash is talking, it sounds like he believes Jhin only crits on his fourth shot. Zeke's harbinger is not less efficient because Jhin has 3 non-guaranteed crit shots.

TheFlow

Banned
Watching the echo vs tsm game.

Tsm is boring but I want echo to pull the upset.

Might dip over to the P1 vs CLG game after game 1 because I haven't watched clg in a lil minute

clemenx

Banned
Singed will always be hilarious. Glad he's viable.

Sucks Echo Fox gifted the 1st turred or this would be over. That ace gives them a good advantage tho.

TheFlow

Banned
Omg that kha quadra. Glad I decided to watch this game.

Also looper is great with singed. Normally you see singed splitpush but looper is using him to divide and pick off the team.

TheFlow

Banned
Well froggen did say they were going to win but that match was so one sided.

Khan was like 13/1 at one point. If TSM doesn't ban khan or singed next game they fucked up

I think that teams should consider banning Singed in the second round a bit more often. Looper has a Singed skin for a reason. Not that he couldn't perform well on other tanks, but he really knows how to play singed

TheFlow

Banned
I think that teams should consider banning Singed in the second round a bit more often. Looper has a Singed skin for a reason. Not that he couldn't perform well on other tanks, but he really knows how to play singed
With the mao nerfs this patch I can see singed getting played every game by echo if they don't ban him.

But I felt like every member pulled their weight. Jhin had some great ults. I think this will go to game 3 though

TheFlow

Banned
So what's with the sudden popularity of Varus? Is it just to counter initiate Ashe?

Actually, why is Ashe popular all of a sudden?
They are popular because of the assasian rework. They. Can pop off an ult and or slow before getting deleted. Plus lethality is good with varus. That spell shield does wonders for champs with no escapes

Top Bottom