• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT13| Diamond is Unreachable

zkylon

zkylewd
in_the_end_by_songjikyo-dbc4o8e.png

i really dislike how i find myself playing the game just to complete these missions (which are not fun, creative or interesting).

get 15k gold or get 5 kills in a game just means play the game normally and get rewarded, like usualy it's riot overdesigning to mask that injecting more skinner box crap into the game but cmon

i wish i could just buy these icons with ip

Quonny

Well, not sure what you want.

If they were specific or required you to play a certain way people would be upset about that. "Get 6 kills in a game" would mean that people wouldn't play tanks or support. "Heal 4000 health in one match" would shoehorn people into lifesteal/healer roles.

This is how they have to be.

If they were specific or required you to play a certain way people would be upset about that. "Get 6 kills in a game" would mean that people wouldn't play tanks or support. "Heal 4000 health in one match" would shoehorn people into lifesteal/healer roles.

They'd survive. See: current dota 2 compendium quest lines. They have 3 levels of completion (which offer 3 tiers of reward), can be repeated as much as you want for the higher level, can generally be done by any character, and usually require a little effort.

I'd be like:

"In a single victory kill or assist in 10/15/20 enemy deaths" (10/20/30 coins)

Or

"Across multiple victories, do 10,000/20,000/30,000 team healing" (10/20/30 coins)

Where team healing means as long as someone on the team is healing (whether by built in abilities like Swain, lifesteal like Vamp or shit like Redemption) it counts toward your goal. Not a lot different than they are now but would require a little more than being a simple mouth breather and all require winning to count. The better you do the more coins you can get. Hell in this League event you don't even have to win most of the time. lol

Quonny

People tend to turn off their creativity when it's time to defend questionable Riot decisions.
Don't even.

I slam Riot in this thread all the time.

Also, how do we know the quests aren't like the ones you listed? They've been out a grand total of two days. I've already gotten a quest for earning gold. Didn't require a win.

Leezard

I've gotten "get 5 kills in a game" and my girlfriend got "get 14 assists in a game" (maybe it was another number than 14, i can't remember).

I've gotten "get 15000 gold in a game", and seen I've seen a quest related to cs:ing.

They're not particularly good quests, but they're not terrible either.

JulianImp

Even then, I'd say some quests such as attaining a certain number of cs would help new players set a better baseline for what Riot considers "decent performance". I guess they might not be as useful for veteran players, but having a quest like "get two/three full items from your champion's recommended list" would probably help the teammates I've seen building a little bit of everything, because they'll follow the quest and end up realizing how much full items contribute to their performance compared to just filling their inventory with low-tier items.

Really, just think how much better low-tier games would be if everyone had a recurring weekly quest for "buy and place at least 2/4/6 pink wards in a game".

zkylon

zkylewd

you're right, that's how they have to be, and by being that way, they add absolutely nothing to the game.

what i want is useless crap to not be in the game

SMgamer83

you're right, that's how they have to be, and by being that way, they add absolutely nothing to the game.

You can literally play the game the exact way you did before the event. Nothing changed. If you don't like it, don't do it.

But nope. No one can have fun and enjoy free stuff if YOU aren't enjoying it. Damn that evil Riot!

Seriously...on a scale from 1 to Pretzel, tell us how salty you really are.

They're a way to get some free trinkets, nothing more nothing less

You read way too much into this shit

zkylon

zkylewd
You can literally play the game the exact way you did before the event. Nothing changed. If you don't like it, don't do it.

But nope. No one can have fun and enjoy free stuff if YOU aren't enjoying it. Damn that evil Riot!

who are you?

They're a way to get some free trinkets, nothing more nothing less

You read way too much into this shit

it's an "engagement" system, same way in overwatch you feel like "i'll play one more game so i get a level up and get a chest", this is meant to compulsively make you play the game more (and spend more too)

it's of course not the end of the world but i don't like that stuff, and i don't like how they're just piling it up. i appreciated the purity of just playing league cos league is a fun game, instead of all these external motivations that are not fun or interesting in any way

it makes league look like a cheap f2p korean mmo lol

Newt

Hm I like the way you think.

You should join the discord, most of the discussion happens there now.

https://discord.gg/sr7UWRE

Newt

Silver is very interesting.

-People are super tied to their lane
-People don't care about minion aggro
-Jungler's ganks mostly involve just running directly at you and hoping it will work
-It's super hard to get people to group (which means you can mostly do stuff on your own)

Leezard

I dont understand how ultimate lux works

It's simple, really. The two elements you choose make your final element.
Fire + Nature = Magma
Fire + water = dark
Nature + wind = dark
etc.

Dark is unique in that it has two combinations; both of the "opposing" element combinations make dark.

23qwerty

I just mean I have no concept of how that skin works because I don't own that skin. There is no analogue to anything else in league

I've seen people many times say you combine things to get a thing but that makes no sense because you don't do that in league you just dont

Is there any hope of me getting the 280 chaos tokens that I need for the highest reward without buying anything? I've been grinding everything daily and I'm up to 100 but I'm worried that the event will end before I have enough.

Leezard

Is there any hope of me getting the 280 chaos tokens that I need for the highest reward without buying anything? I've been grinding everything daily and I'm up to 100 but I'm worried that the event will end before I have enough.

Isn't there at least 9 or 10 days left? You should get at least 20 tokens per day so it seems very likely that you will be able to get 180 or 200 more tokens.
I just mean I have no concept of how that skin works because I don't own that skin. There is no analogue to anything else in league

I've seen people many times say you combine things to get a thing but that makes no sense because you don't do that in league you just dont

Oh you just get an extra thingy to click in the UI.

-Jungler's ganks mostly involve just running directly at you and hoping it will work
-It's super hard to get people to group (which means you can mostly do stuff on your own)

That invite lol.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death

Sounds like Plat 5 for me.

Ever

Banned
I now remember why Zac is perma banned again. How do you ward against this?

I'm usually decent with covering my standard gank paths (river, gromp tri, herald tri), but his gank routing is so unorthodox I have to play scared.

I now remember why Zac is perma banned again. How do you ward against this?

I'm usually decent with covering my standard gank paths (river, gromp tri, herald tri), but his gank routing is so unorthodox I have to play scared.
Your only solution is to risk deep wards like you're playing against fucking Shaco or Eve

killatopak

Played an AI game and got kinda overwhelmed by all the new things since I last played.

Things I noticed:
-New Rift Herald
-New GA
-Bunch of new MR items
-Riven Q having a visual cue in how long until the 2nd and 3rd Q can be used.

What are other significant stuff that has changed?

Leezard

Played an AI game and got kinda overwhelmed by all the new things since I last played.

Things I noticed:
-New Rift Herald
-New GA
-Bunch of new MR items
-Riven Q having a visual cue in how long until the 2nd and 3rd Q can be used.

What are other significant stuff that has changed?
Support items received an overhaul, and deaths dance is super good right now.

JulianImp

WTH?! All the sightstone upgrades are hella good now. I might main support for a time. Those changes look OP to me.

They're way better at making supports more interesting and relevant, and the support item plus sightstone combos are a great way to free up some space (since us support players are already keeping a whole item slot dedicated to control wards throughout the whole game), but they aren't OP AFAIK, not by a long shot.

I haven't really been playing LoL as of late since my teammates haven't been showing up either, but I guess I'll go back to playing daily matches (even if it's just a couple days each week) to amass some IP for buying me some champions (my alt account only has teemo and I think Maokai as well, and I really need some supports such as Thresh or Nami). I guess I might end up getting Bard on my main account because it's a pretty interesting champion, but I'll probably make my teammates rage until I eventually learn how to play it well.

Top Bottom