• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT13| Diamond is Unreachable

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
There is no value to high rankings if you can just grab it and keep it by not playing, and as you get higher in the ladder you need to force people to actually play so queue times aren't a fucking nightmare as you'll have way less people in said ranks to play with than in silver.
If you have to "force" people to play the game something has gone wrong. Is anything really "high rank" before mid-Diamond? Someone being in Plat or something is a meaningless metric most of the time. It seems pointless to decay people for stepping off the treadmill, particularly when they can run in other places. People can coast out anyways doing one game a month so I'm not really sure what that is supposed to stop.

zkylon

zkylewd
lol_tae_by_lataedelan-dbcb5gy.jpg

this is pretty dope

karthus and gp are my favorites

Hah, thought there would be hints of a new champ by now.

Guess not ... hoping for a new Assassin though.

Anyway, the new team skins style is actually amazing and I look forward to seeing where they take this approach in the future. Way more dynamic than "hey, we're wearing headphones and shades!".

That's my 2cents on lol stuff since I stopped playing, back to the Wood division shadows for me I.

zkylon

zkylewd
i think i'll get at the very least kkoma and faker

the nami skin is tempting but i haven't played support in like two years

Leezard

i think i'll get at the very least kkoma and faker

the nami skin is tempting but i haven't played support in like two years

After looking at the Nami skin a bit more I think it's a bit underwhelming for 1350 RP. The recall is fantastic and among the best recalls available but I don't really feel the spell effects. Maybe it'll grow on me or I'll get it on a sale.

zkylon

zkylewd
Lissandra's builds are so outdated lmao. People still doing RoA or Protobelt as core when nearly ever other mage has moved on from that meta.
?

protobelt is still core on her

i like building roa but that's more situational or something

also almost no other mage ever built roa or probelt and those who did still do (karthus/anivia)...

After looking at the Nami skin a bit more I think it's a bit underwhelming for 1350 RP. The recall is fantastic and among the best recalls available but I don't really feel the spell effects. Maybe it'll grow on me or I'll get it on a sale.
yeah i'm not super into the vfx/design for syndra either but it's good enough and it's what faker asked for so can't argue with faker

i do think they look good enough for 1350rp, specially the recalls with like the signatures, that's so cool

and i don't think there's sales on esports skins?

Leezard

?

also almost no other mage ever built roa or probelt and those who did still do (karthus/anivia)...

yeah i'm not super into the vfx/design for syndra either but it's good enough and it's what faker asked for so can't argue with faker

i do think they look good enough for 1350rp, specially the recalls with like the signatures, that's so cool

and i don't think there's sales on esports skins?
The recalls are ace for sure, best quality recalls in the game, especially with the signatures.

There's no sales? I thought I'd seen one in the "my shop" before but I might be mistaken.

zkylon

zkylewd
The recalls are ace for sure, best quality recalls in the game, especially with the signatures.

There's no sales? I thought I'd seen one in the "my shop" before but I might be mistaken.
i think my shop might be the exception, as well as special events. can't recall atm

but i'm pretty sure they're not on regular sale rotation

?

Morg and Annie and Malzahar used to build RoA, but you only see it on super mana hungry champs now.

I dunno. For an ult bot like Liss, Morello is just a no brainer. Especially with Abyssal gone now she needs the cdr from Morello more than ever.

It really just seems like she's stuck in a past meta. People still take teleport on her mid like what season is this?

zkylon

zkylewd
that nami recall is the absolute best

yeah it's easily one of the best ever in the game

Morg and Annie and Malzahar used to build RoA, but you only see it on super mana hungry champs now.

I dunno. For an ult bot like Liss, Morello is just a no brainer. Especially with Abyssal gone now she needs the cdr from Morello more than ever.

It really just seems like she's stuck in a past meta. People still take teleport on her mid like what season is this?
what's great for initiating? protobelt

what's better than a built-in zhonyas? another zhonyas

which meta are we in? banshees meta

which runes does every mid take? scaling cdr

that's 40% cdr, no room for morellos in lizzy's build except as a situational thing if you choose not to ignore two of those four core parts of her build. roa is also situational, but it's fine for lizzy since it helps her stay in a fight for sustained dmg and cc, as well as survive laning which can be rough sometimes because of her high mana costs and short range

tp is also probably the best summoner to take on her (also on many other strong mids like leblanc or anivia), tho ignite or exhaust (i don't like cleanse on her cos her ult makes it hard to 1v1 her) are also good

idk where u got the idea she's stuck in a past meta?

yeah it's easily one of the best ever in the game

what's great for initiating? protobelt

what's better than a built-in zhonyas? another zhonyas

which meta are we in? banshees meta

which runes does every mid take? scaling cdr

that's 40% cdr, no room for morellos in lizzy's build except as a situational thing if you choose not to ignore two of those four core parts of her build. roa is also situational, but it's fine for lizzy since it helps her stay in a fight for sustained dmg and cc, as well as survive laning which can be rough sometimes because of her high mana costs and short range

tp is also probably the best summoner to take on her (also on many other strong mids like leblanc or anivia), tho ignite or exhaust (i don't like cleanse on her cos her ult makes it hard to 1v1 her) are also good

idk where u got the idea she's stuck in a past meta?

What do Liss players always complain about? High mana costs and high ult cooldown early.

Morello alone gives as much cdr as any two of those items and lets her be the spammy mage she's meant to be in lane. She never had trouble engaging before Protobelt existed. And she never had trouble with laning or mana costs before (because she built Morello).

She's been buffed to the point where she's probably stronger now than when she was pick/ban, but nobody is playing her. The current meta is pretty favourable for her too. I think the build is the problem.

zkylon

zkylewd
What do Liss players always complain about? High mana costs and high ult cooldown early.

Morello alone gives as much cdr as any two of those items and lets her be the spammy mage she's meant to be in lane. She never had trouble engaging before Protobelt existed. And she never had trouble with laning or mana costs before (because she built Morello).

She's been buffed to the point where she's probably stronger now than when she was pick/ban, but nobody is playing her. The current meta is pretty favourable for her too. I think the build is the problem.
it doesn't really matter if morellos gives same cdr as two of those items, those items are much better for her anyways...

being spammy in lane doesn't mean anything cos she's a roaming champion that is short range and will always be poked out if she stays in lane trading harass

she wants protobelt (which a lot of ppl rush, specially in high elo) and she wants zhonyas and she wants banshees veil. those three items are generally too good for her to miss out. whenever you buy morellos on her u need to skip one of those three items and it feels like crap. also u have to choose to buy it before the game starts so u don't have cdr/lvl runes, or else you'll have to skip two of them, which is really sucky

like i can see not liking roa on her, but u rush protobelt then, not morellos

i think you're making too many assumptions, she's doing fine, she just always has been an unpopular champion because of her kit being weird

the thing i feel is sometimes contentious about her is maxing w or e second. for a time maxing e was the norm but lately they've gone back to w (including gbm in a recent pro game) which i find weird but i imagine there's a reason i'm not seeing

Well looks like I overestimated how much damage the nerfs would do to my beloved Rumble. Still burning strong, and that after three ganks on me in the first six minutes set me way behind. Will take a lot of getting used to though - pushing waves is slower, you need to be much more careful csing, relying on E and autos more than Q far into the game, and you need to get your opponent down quick during early all-ins because you probably won't get a second Q once you come out of overheat. Heat management isn't really all that different after level 4/5 or so once the Q CD is lower.

Leezard

I just ordered one, and preordered an Azir figure for my girlfriend. Getting two mystery figures in addition to that is sweet.

I've been playing a lot of Thresh recently. He's such a fun champion. After playing some more HotS with friends (I'm around level 100 there now) I've come to appreciate the support design of League even more. They've designed the game around having heal bot supports so there's very little role variety.

zkylon

zkylewd
would be nice if the missions lasted longer, tho i guess this is more enjoyable for ppl that play every day

also played (and lost, cos i got top) my ranked game before decay. if i'm gonna lose lp it's gonna be on my terms.

also being away from the game for so long and playing it again it really reminds u how freaking good it is

I just ordered one, and preordered an Azir figure for my girlfriend. Getting two mystery figures in addition to that is sweet.

I've been playing a lot of Thresh recently. He's such a fun champion. After playing some more HotS with friends (I'm around level 100 there now) I've come to appreciate the support design of League even more. They've designed the game around having heal bot supports so there's very little role variety.
that's cool, the azir toy is one of the genuinely good ones

Hey guys I did a Chaos mission and now it says I can't do any Awakening missions or something. Is there now no way for me to do missions for the other side?

Hey guys I did a Chaos mission and now it says I can't do any Awakening missions or something. Is there now no way for me to do missions for the other side?

It says on the tooltip when you do one side it disabled the other one. It mentioned somewhere that I read that you can switch sides every day but unless your using RP to buy extra missions (or have a targeted goal) it's probably not a good idea.

It says on the tooltip when you do one side it disabled the other one. It mentioned somewhere that I read that you can switch sides every day but unless your using RP to buy extra missions (or have a targeted goal) it's probably not a good idea.

oh cool. i see it now, i can switch sides. was not an option last night.

Top Bottom