• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT13| Diamond is Unreachable

Fam, I know lethality is out of favor mostly for ADC's but goddamn my full pen MF page (+24 lethality) makes laning hilarious. Yea you gotta deal with having like 54 damage WITH a doran's blade, but the passive helps a lot and once you finish that first item, you're doing like 2/3rds enemy hp with the Q bounce. I was dying of laughter.

eg. http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/2528491777/42941535?tab=stats

I only ulted once at like 7 minutes in. That damage is just Q bounces and autos for testing purposes.

zkylon

zkylewd
Dark lux even has 2 possible combinations as opposed to the single combinations for the other elements.
i think i screwed up by doing like water and fire instead of fire and water or something like that?

i also thought fire and air would be like blowing out a flame so that'd give me dark but it gave me lighting for some reason?

i just wanted to complain about how riot fucked up the skin by being dumb, don't think too much about it :p

Amazing Q1 in gaming.
Switch launch.
FFXIV expansions.

lul league
q1 was pretty amazing for league and q2 looks really great too

also nier 2 is super overrated by ppl that didn't even play nier 1

Calvero

Banned
yEhyFU6_d.jpg

Ty Dobe for making it

Quonny

I

That's an hour long

condense the drama into 5 minutes please.

Tainted Minds organization had their players living in a dirty home with a host of a electrical problems, sanitation issues, no budget for food, managers not getting paid, players either not getting paid or very delayed payment, and general safety issues like non-working AC in a heat wave, delayed food deliveries, etc.

Riot sent a camera crew to investigate but they weren't part of the esports team and they said it was all okay.

Tainted Minds organization had their players living in a dirty home with a host of a electrical problems, sanitation issues, no budget for food, managers not getting paid, players either not getting paid or very delayed payment, and general safety issues like non-working AC in a heat wave, delayed food deliveries, etc.

Riot sent a camera crew to investigate but they weren't part of the esports team and they said it was all okay.

Riot said they were ok or because Tainted Minds isn't part of the esports team it's ok for them to be in that condition?

Either way that's fuuuucked up.

Quonny

Riot said they were ok or because Tainted Minds isn't part of the esports team it's ok for them to be in that condition?

Either way that's fuuuucked up.

Sorry, I meant that the camera crew was either contracted from Riot, or part of Riot, but not a part of the Riot esports team.

zkylon

zkylewd
DCug3kvUQAAPAhY.jpg:large

splash is kinda weird

it does look like a team more than other worlds skins but some of those poses are pretty weird and the lack of background looks kind of rough

syndra looks real good tho, i like her a lot

i also really like how they put kkoma in it

Most people that played NIer 1 seem to like it as well. I've yet to see anyone share your opinion on it.
it's also very overrated by ppl that played nier 1 :>

i'll never say it's a bad game but u know, overrated

Has anyone made a thread on the Valkrin video on Tainted Minds? https://youtu.be/B55qSaGRhuI

haven't seen it, will watch it later

valkrin is a cool guy so i find him trustworthy

Newt

So entering low gold elo, here's a few things I've noticed.

-Supports play super passive
-People don't stop dying.
-There's actually people here with decent mechanics, but everyone's macro is trash

Did lose 1 game against some ridiculously fed Xin.

4-1 so far.

Recently picked up the game since Overwatch has been a bit much for me. Going back to being a Soraka one trick. Thinkin' about changing my name to be something appropriate to.

Leezard

Look at that, skt Nami got better particles now.

That's a welcome improvement to the skin.

i think i screwed up by doing like water and fire instead of fire and water or something like that?

i also thought fire and air would be like blowing out a flame so that'd give me dark but it gave me lighting for some reason?

i just wanted to complain about how riot fucked up the skin by being dumb, don't think too much about it :p

Oh. Order shouldn't matter for the skin at least.

DCug3kvUQAAPAhY.jpg:large

splash is kinda weird

it does look like a team more than other worlds skins but some of those poses are pretty weird and the lack of background looks kind of rough

syndra looks real good tho, i like her a lot

i also really like how they put kkoma in it

it's also very overrated by ppl that played nier 1 :>

I find it weird you have anything to say about this art given the trash fan art you post lol

As for the Splash art the only one to come outta this poorly is Nami.
They changed her skin to be more so that of a white person and gave her a pose where, on the loading screen, you're only gonna see her partly hidden profile and back with nothing that says "Nami" other than some pink stuff on the arms.

Shoulda gave her a more vertical pose.

killatopak

They're way better at making supports more interesting and relevant, and the support item plus sightstone combos are a great way to free up some space (since us support players are already keeping a whole item slot dedicated to control wards throughout the whole game), but they aren't OP AFAIK, not by a long shot.

I haven't really been playing LoL as of late since my teammates haven't been showing up either, but I guess I'll go back to playing daily matches (even if it's just a couple days each week) to amass some IP for buying me some champions (my alt account only has teemo and I think Maokai as well, and I really need some supports such as Thresh or Nami). I guess I might end up getting Bard on my main account because it's a pretty interesting champion, but I'll probably make my teammates rage until I eventually learn how to play it well.

I dunno, I have to put it to practice. It doesn't seem very good at a glance or by itself but some passive effect like the shield could be compounded by having Solari and have great effect.

hmmm. I've seen people call it overrated but not because they didn't play NieR 1 as the reason.

I honestly prefer NieR 1 to Automata on the fact that the first one made me cry a bit and automata only made me tear up. Overall, the presentation is stronger in Automata as well as the gameplay. I guess I like NieR 1 better because it's more of a personal story that centers around the main cast.

The only thing you can't say overrated is the OST of both games. I'd fight tooth and nail to anyone that tells me they aren't great.

zkylon

zkylewd
e2TPy0c.png

it's so weird how the border is misaligned

looks really bad

get the orb thing 100% over that crap lol

Recently picked up the game since Overwatch has been a bit much for me. Going back to being a Soraka one trick. Thinkin' about changing my name to be something appropriate to.

FO SHAME

Oh. Order shouldn't matter for the skin at least.
yeah i just got it

took a while

still disappointing that you have to miss the best skin for 50% of the game

I find it weird you have anything to say about this art given the trash fan art you post lol

i have something to say about everything

also i don't post trash

you're trash

you and ur boobs

hmmm. I've seen people call it overrated but not because they didn't play NieR 1 as the reason.

I honestly prefer NieR 1 to Automata on the fact that the first one made me cry a bit and automata only made me tear up. Overall, the presentation is stronger in Automata as well as the gameplay. I guess I like NieR 1 better because it's more of a personal story that centers around the main cast.
that was just a throwaway comment to like reply to a throwaway post :p

i don't mind nier 2 but i didn't find it very interesting, specially considering how much better characters and story nier 1 had, and i think the combat is flashy but really shallow and boring

it's alright, but overrated

killatopak

e2TPy0c.png

it's so weird how the border is misaligned

looks really bad

get the orb thing 100% over that crap lol

FO SHAME

yeah i just got it

took a while

still disappointing that you have to miss the best skin for 50% of the game

i have something to say about everything

also i don't post trash

you're trash

you and ur boobs

Wait there is a freaking border for the skin? Is it still available if you buy it or did I miss the chance? Fuck me if so. I'll miss anything else but not riven content.

killatopak

You can craft it with order tokens. It's the option that costs 280 order tokens, IIRC.

How hard are the order missions? I might buy the bundle with the missions instead of hextech chests or the tokens themselves just to save up some cash for the skins themselves.

Leezard

How hard are the order missions? I might buy the bundle with the missions instead of hextech chests or the tokens themselves just to save up some cash for the skins themselves.

The missions themselves are super easy, it shouldn't take more than one or two games per mission.

zkylon

zkylewd
lt4b4PW.jpg

i only post the bestest of fanart you fools :>

(second /r/lolfanart fanart content winner)

(first was this:)

miao-lin-.jpg

really easy, usually something like win a normal game or get 10 assists or something (not even on the same game)

they're easy to do, and it's at least 20 orbs a day so in the remaining 10 days you can only make 200. sometimes it's 30 orbs a day, so you might get to 240, but it's a gamble (that you should take until the last day and then buy whatever u have to buy if you really want the border)

also i don't post trash

you're trash

you and ur boobs
My boobs are made of hard light holograms, not trash.
#1PearlPoint4me
art is subjective, etc etc etc.
"bad anatomy" can be objectively bad. When I scroll down this thread and see a rendered picture of Ahri with her head and neck too small for her body, tits pointing the wrong direction compared to her rib cage and spaghetti spine I see clear mistakes that can't be covered under "style".

maybe don't be such an ass

Nope

Newt

My boobs are made of hard light holograms, not trash.
#1PearlPoint4me

"bad anatomy" can be objectively bad. When I scroll down this thread and see a rendered picture of Ahri with her head and neck too small for her body, tits pointing the wrong direction compared to her rib cage and spaghetti spine I see clear mistakes that can't be covered under "style".

Nope
I mean one hand some of the fanart Zky posts is trash, but on the other hand it doesn't really discount his opinion on other professional art.

zkylon

zkylewd
finally watched the tainted minds video

first off, the work valkryn did is nothing short of amazing, really feels like he stepped up in a situation that was swept under the rug and he's really informative and thorough and it's all very impressive. he should be super commended by what he did, that's great, i always liked his videos but i found a lot of respect for him thanks to this video.

an important point to take from it is that riot can't be trusted to have players' best interests in mind. willingly or not this kind of thing has happened one too many times and their inconsistencies and negligence makes them complicit to all this shit, specially when you think about the nda threats which is really fucking uncool

it's kind of a shame snoopeh's players' union never took off, cos it really feels like for an organization to fairly represent players it should be completely independent from riot since they've most definitely proven to be incapable of doing so. for this situation in particular it's really good that this is really bad pr for riot and that they get all the shit they deserve for it. they'll probably do something about it in the short term, but long term they're just not really reliable and players should ideally try and create their own organization that they can use to fight back when riot and organizations step all over them

players in the end are the stars of this, and without them there's no esports scene, so having players be treated like garbage really pisses me off, and even more so that riot allows it

edit: a very interesting article as a follow-up telling more of tainted minds' side of the story: https://medium.com/@maxmelit/why-the-full-story-matters-tainted-minds-controversy-8c3bbc377a90

the truth is probably something in between, but in the end bad living conditions are the responsibility of the org and riot and i really find the narrative of just blaming the manager very icky

transparency is something that would help all of this but the way riot hands out their rulings is always really muddy

i thought black wind was breakfast lol
IDK who a breakfast is but they sound ... OK!

I mean one hand some of the fanart Zky posts is trash, but on the other hand it doesn't really discount his opinion on other professional art.

Didn't say it did, just that I found it strange to comment on say ... lack of a back ground when it's common place in his fan arts and I know it to be a result of artist not understanding or having the knowledge on how to make a setting or space for a character.(in some fan art, I'm sure the game artist know how to do this)

Like, it's cool to point that out but it's strange to post art that makes the exact same offense you're pointing out to me.

Finally started play ranked more. Since landing in Silver one thing I've noticed is that people don't build properly. They have a build in their mind and will stick to each time, regardless of the game.

Had a game where Yorick Top went 0/3 against an Irelia. Don't worry though. He just finished Trinity force.

Oh and people can't cs for shit. 20 mins in game, most people are around 100 cs. D:

killatopak

Finally started play ranked more. Since landing in Silver one thing I've noticed is that people don't build properly. They have a build in their mind and will stick to each time, regardless of the game.

Had a game where Yorick Top went 0/3 against an Irelia. Don't worry though. He just finished Trinity force.

Oh and people can't cs for shit. 20 mins in game, most people are around 100 cs. D:

If you notice their mistakes and not follow them then you're on your way to gold+.

I notice a pattern when looking at my lower ranked friends.
Bronze - shit runes and builds. CS is nonexistent. Kills are everything.

Silver - Good runes, and static builds. CS is average. Kills are still everything. Teamwork apparent though mostly just grouping mid.

Gold - Good runes. Build are starting to differ but mostly on one tricks. CS is getting better. Teamwork gets more pronounced but the timing of when and where still confuses them.

Platinum - Runes are specialized now on role or champion used. Lots of experimentation on builds and are more diverse than Gold. Baron and Dragon are a higher priority. I notice the increasing importance of team synergy even during picking phase. All AD team increasingly less seen.

Diamond 5 - Basically the same as platinum but you can see some of the heights of champion mastery.

D4-3 - I've never been at D3 for long but the thing I notice is that some of the great ones I played against always seem to appear when they are most needed. Ganking and roaming are amazing at this elo. In this elo, Kills < Not Dying and CS.

Never been higher so I don't know about everything else.

Of course none of the things I've said are 100% true as it's based on my experience. One thing I know that is constant in increasing your ranking is CS and wards placed. the amount of wards and cs you have directly corresponds to your rank.

neau

Neo Member
You might find this useful:

One.
Memorize/write down this list.
1:56 Check lanes to see where enemy jungler started.
2:15 Ward your lane if the enemy jungler started on your side.
3:00 Ward your lane if the enemy jungler started on the opposite side.
7:15 Buffs respawn - look to contest.
7:20 Ward your lane if the enemy jungler started on your side.
8:00 Ward your lane if the enemy jungler started on the opposite side.
12:30 Buffs respawn - look to contest.
12:45 Ward your lane if the enemy jungler started on your side.
13:30 Ward your lane if the enemy jungler started on the opposite side.
Dragon killed +6=Drag time
Spawn 15:00 / Baron killed +7=Baron time

Type these in chat EVERY TIME.
Flash/Teleport 5 minutes
Exaust/Barrier/Ghost/Ignite 3.5 minutes
Heal 4 minutes

Perfect Creep
5 min:38 creep
10 min:90 creep
15 min:141 creep
20 min:192 creep

Two. Play 20 games, a minimum of 20 minutes, in a custom game. NO, 5 games is not 20! PLAY 20. Choose the champion you want to learn, make a blank rune page, and take no masteries. Buy a dorans blade/ring, go into lane, and without using abilities - try to get every creep. after 10 games, use abilities. This will be much harder then you think, and it will teach you about the mechanics of the minion wave with the champion you want to play (That's important.). Not only that though, about last hitting in general. You will notice by the end that you can CS without really thinking about it, and that's where you want to be.

Three. Play 20 custom games, against 5 bots. 10 minutes each game. Switch the bots out with different ones each game. Go into the bottom lane, and try to get CS. You can have full runes / masteries now, and CS will feel EASY PEASY. Because you will suddenly realize you hit hard as hell with runes and masteries. DO NOT kill the bots, you can harass them out of lane though, but no kills! (This teaches you not too be greedy in game). And see if you can get to the inhib in 10 minutes through harass and creep advantage. Remember, killing creeps and towers is your goal here! Not kills!

If you do these 3 things, I promise you will be better at this game. Because when you combine them, you get the recipe for controlling the game. If you look at the clock, and it's 7:00 minutes. You're bot lane, and you know the enemy team started blue on the opposite side of the map. (Because you checked earlier). And you know the lucian/thresh in your lane burned flash 2 minutes ago... and because it's 7:00 your jungler just happens to be at your blue? Guess what, you're getting a double kill. Because you type into chat "Hey, jungle, bot no flash, enemy jungler at his blue." And you dive them, get a double, and a tower, and probably dragon. Just because you looked at a list.

Good luck!
Edit 1: For formatting
Edit 2: I'm Diamond 5 on my main
Edit 3: wtf I go to sleep and now i'm front page reddit pls, catching up with commends / fixing timers - thank you for everyone who contributed!
Edit 4: I see a lot of comments asking about warding on your side / opposite side. I classify "side" because depending on if you're blue or purple side, the jungler might start on your half of the map, or the opposite half of the map.
Example: You're blue team, your jungler starts at the blue buff closest to top, while the enemy jungler starts at the blue buff closest to bottom. Your jungler is on your side, meaning the half of the map closest to you, where as the enemy jungler starts on the opposite side, or the half farthest from you. Hopefully this helps :)

Source: http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/22wves/i_guarantee_you_will_be_better_at_league_of/

Top Bottom