• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT13| Diamond is Unreachable

faridmon

I am loving the new Runes update. Its simplified and actually useful to read and understand. Sometimes i am paranoid thinking I lost the game because my Runes and my Mastery were off, but yeah, this should simplify things for me.

Not liking the new champions design though. I thought we were past the edgy cool emo design that made the likes of Zed, Aatrox and to certain degree Vayne ugly.

I think they said that the ones who spent IP should get back all of it, while they still figuring out how to recompense the ones who spent RP on Runes

I could be wrong though
Riot hasn't commited to anything yet, all they've confirmed is that there will be some compensation

zkylon

zkylewd
compensation might just be like a "runemaster" icon or a bunch of chests btw

don't get your hopes up for riot giving you your ip back cos that's probably not gonna happen

JulianImp

First ranked soloq game since forever, I get a Vayne top that feeds, afks, and then farms our own jungle for the rest of the game. It didn't even matter that we were dominating botlane when there was a Nasus on the other side stacking q like mad while ocassionaly getting free gold from killing her.

Not the greatest way to get back into ranked, I'd say...

killatopak

Okay, I just found out something silly about my account.

I have never used Tristana even once in playing League (custom games don't count) and yet I have all her skins. I think the only skins I actively bought was Firefighter, and Earnest Elf. All the othes I either got from a Riot event or have gotten in a gift or igift.

Do you guys also have skin on champions you don't even use?

I have never used Tristana even once in playing League (custom games don't count) and yet I have all her skins. I think the only skins I actively bought was Firefighter, and Earnest Elf. All the othes I either got from a Riot event or have gotten in a gift or igift.

I know I have the feeling of 'wait, when did I get a skin for this champion' on champions I rarely use but without having the client open in front of me I couldn't tell you what that is. I've gotten like 2/3rds of Ezreal's skins and I don't think I bought a single one.

zkylon

zkylewd

not all but i have like 3 skins for elise and i don't like jungling and i'm arachnophobic lol

i also constantly surprise myself with random skins i have, but i think those are mostly from rerolling skin shards

Leezard

So I shouldn't spend some IP on runes right now?

That's sad. I was planning to buy Scaling CDR quints.

If you value your IP much, probably not. If you're gonna use it a lot until November, it might be an idea to get it, still. If it exists as a tier 2 rune you might as well get it for 1 IP though.

JulianImp

So, for my second ranked game my adc was useless, and the enemy Jhin got fed to hell and back... fun times!

I got a legacy Poppy skin from Riot a while ago, and I haven't ever used her outside of random modes.

Riven mains, LOL

D5QNdk2.png

DevilDog

You guys are lucky for having teammates who can speak english.

Started playing lee sin, he's fun but hard af. It's a such a waste to give a kung fu master or whatever such irrelevant abilities. The only thing that fits his theme is his R.

zkylon

zkylewd
i enjoy runes somewhat cos they let you have a bit of help against tough matchups and some customization is neat (i used to really like hybrid pen reds and going for lots of autos or ms quints for roaming) but it's a really easy to solve system and a grind wall for new players and what it adds is def not good enough to make up for it

i don't like masteries all that much but they're at least potentially more interesting

combining them is a good idea and having them being just a few options sounds good, less room to min-max and lots less invisible power

and i really like that this makes champion select a bit more relaxed

that's my favorite thing about the change

i enjoy runes somewhat cos they let you have a bit of help against tough matchups and some customization is neat (i used to really like hybrid pen reds and going for lots of autos or ms quints for roaming) but it's a really easy to solve system and a grind wall for new players and what it adds is def not good enough to make up for it

i don't like masteries all that much but they're at least potentially more interesting

combining them is a good idea and having them being just a few options sounds good, less room to min-max and lots less invisible power

and i really like that this makes champion select a bit more relaxed

that's my favorite thing about the change

image.php

zkylon

zkylewd
i wonder how good it'd be if like, when you kill a dragon it spawns like a magic rune in your base that can stolen like a capture the flag thing (takes time like capturing a point in dominion)

so you kill dragon and get the effect but the enemy team can invade your base and steal it (and it goes back to the enemy base if you get killed while holding it or take too long to go to your base).

i bet it probably encourages some wonky gameplay and benefits some champions a lot more than others (like singed) but idk, sounds like a dumb mechanic i'd like to hear opinions of from ppl that know better than me lol

probably it shouldn't be in the base but somewhere else in the map, tho there's not much room for it

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
i wonder how good it'd be if like, when you kill a dragon it spawns like a magic rune in your base that can stolen like a capture the flag thing (takes time like capturing a point in dominion)

so you kill dragon and get the effect but the enemy team can invade your base and steal it (and it goes back to the enemy base if you get killed while holding it or take too long to go to your base).

i bet it probably encourages some wonky gameplay and benefits some champions a lot more than others (like singed) but idk, sounds like a dumb mechanic i'd like to hear opinions of from ppl that know better than me lol

probably it shouldn't be in the base but somewhere else in the map, tho there's not much room for it

i think that would be pretty cool as a fun gamemode, like ctf kinda thing
tho obv certain champs would be way way better

zkylon

zkylewd
xhLTSr0.png

should i be able to craft the vs icon?

clicking on it or right click->forge doesn't do anything like it does on any other item

JulianImp

Having to craft the emblems ten at a time was a mild annoyance with only 20 of them leftover after getting my chaos orb (got some legacy jax skin from it), but I think it might've been legit annoying if I had to change 100 or more into blue essence.

Now I'm back to spamming Support + Nami in ranked solo, but while I can win some games, I have an equal number where two or more lanes do awfully and the game's just over for us.

I still have lots of room left to improve, which is part of the reason behind why I don't actually tilt as much at merely losing games like I used to some time ago, but it's really disheartening when one or more of my teammates are toxic as hell and proceed to flame or hold the match hostage through feeding, trolling or threats to do so if things don't go their way, and the worst part is that kind of stuff tends to be contagious...

killatopak

Finally

Now the real climb starts :)

congrats. Should be easier to climb now even if just a little due to the new honor system.

That's a good idea but I think it'll be dominated by mobile champions so I'd rather be it a special mode like urf instead since it'll be hard to balance it on all champs.

zkylon

zkylewd
i think the "capture the flag" thing is kind of interesting but it probably wouldn't work for league itself. i think a recurrent "problem" in league is that comeback mechanics aren't usually systemic

you turn a game around off a player's mistake or off a good teamfight, but it's rarely a systems driven thing, and while you can sneak a baron and turn a game that way, more often than not it's the other way around

whatever system exists to create comebacks is usually also very exploitable by winning teams, so it's really hard to balance

i wouldn't say it's a real problem with the game at the moment, but it does feel like win conditions are fairly limited in that most games are fairly linear transitions between who wins laning phase into who controls baron into winning mostly because of a gold lead (broadly speaking). things like being able to stack dragons as a win condition while the other team has a gold lead sound nice but in reality teams with the gold lead are usually the ones getting the dragons also

i don't think that needs a huge change because gold leads and snowballing are good because it benefits the teams making aggressive moves and you don't want leads to always be throwable, but it'd be nice to spark it up with some systems that allow for different ways of turning games around

this dragon rune thing would probably mean that winning teams can also strip losing teams of the little advantages they've gotten so it's probably not the right idea, but i kind of like the idea of having some exposed weaknesses like that

anyways, just a thought exercise

here's a cool fiora

__fiora_laurent_and_headmistress_fiora_league_of_legends_drawn_by_since__0d642ca6c152d29988223e911cec8868.jpg

same for me i don't think it's ready yet

ah alright, that's good to know

killatopak

xhLTSr0.png

should i be able to craft the vs icon?

clicking on it or right click->forge doesn't do anything like it does on any other item

Wait a minute? Don't tell me there's a Level 8 mastery already?

Haven't played anything recently other than coop vs ai for the missions quests so I didn't notice.

Edit: maybe they just changed the level 7 mastery art? I'm still confused by the new client.

zkylon

zkylewd
Wait a minute? Don't tell me there's a Level 8 mastery already?

Haven't played anything recently other than coop vs ai for the missions quests so I didn't notice.

Edit: maybe they just changed the level 7 mastery art? I'm still confused by the new client.

it's level 7 dont go crazy :>

killatopak

Cheers

So what changes from Bronze to Silver?

I assume various more champs are more chosen. so I need to stop banning Xin and think more meta, no?

Based on my time with Silver, it's better to ban champions that people use more often than someone who annoys you. Let's say Darius is most used in Silver. Chances are there are more people who are gonna use him instead of the op champs so your ban is justified.

It's also good to focus on specific roles and champs. Back in Silver, I only used two champs exclusively which is Riven and Leona. Focusing on a few champs allow you to get better in that champ mechanically. Once you're doing things by instinct, you can use your focus elsewhere like map awareness, and summoner skill cooldowns. If you can, try to choose champions that snowball a lot like Master Yi cause come backs rarely happen in Silver. If you're a support main, I suggest going for champs that use shields. I don't know if it's still relevant but I watched a dopa video where he explains the support meta. Basically, anybody who can use ardent censer and redemption is a great pick.

Dopa explains support

This is more high elo advice but can be applied in low elo as well.

how to climb tiers by Dopa

If you have any questions and other stuff, I'm always happy to help.

drawkcaB

Thanks for this. Will take everything you said into account

How is that not an S?

I got an S with worse records/ I even have decent ward score (35)

Because match ranks also take into the performance of other players who've played the same champ in the same role. Getting S is easier with less frequently played champions of playing champions in off-roles.

Top Bottom