• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT13| Diamond is Unreachable

JulianImp

I managed to bounce back to 80 LP due to my latest 2-win streak, so hopefully I'll get to win the next sometime later and get to promos. Getting decent teammates that aren't hellbent on tilting each other sure makes a difference, huh.

Tried going through my division today but after 2 games I got too tilted.

Having the first game a 0/11 Xin that int fed because he was upset he got no ganks

Second game had a Shen/Ezeral Duo that both lagged and fed so me beating Yas top lane meant nothing.

Just god awful, id rather have bots

how did you survive the 20+ kill kat

Very carefully.

One of the benefits of MF is that you can stand back just far enough to wait out big abilities or kite them (especial with Swifties), while poking with Q's and eventually R when the time is right. In this case, Kat felt compelled to always go on the Ahri because I never let her get close to me...but she shit on her in every way all game long so I'm sure she just saw Ahri as food. Gnar also kept getting caught forgetting he didn't have any MR. Interestingly, my teammates bad positioning and play served as so much bait for her team who couldn't kill very quickly outside of the Kat. Their front line being slow and plodding made for the easiest R presses a MF could ask for.

I just...idunno. Ahri was so bad. I think she started 1/8 vs the Kat, most of those deaths being honest 1v1 kills. It was almost as if she had never seen reworked Kat before. And Gnar was so irrelevant. It was basically just me, Lee and Sona carrying that shit.

I hope that one day I too will get carried like my Ahri was carried tonight if I'm having a game that bad. But those are L's 99% of the time for me if I don't play pretty well.

tfw you go 14-4 in your last 18 ranked games with a steady diet of MF, Jayce and Sivir :3

Nice to see my Jayce is still a solid pick. After all the years of playing him while he was mediocre, I always expect to see him nerfed again when I take a few months off of top/mid lane. 16/4/8 and 61K damage dealt means I can still play him okay.

killatopak

tfw you go 14-4 in your last 18 ranked games with a steady diet of MF, Jayce and Sivir :3

Nice to see my Jayce is still a solid pick. After all the years of playing him while he was mediocre, I always expect to see him nerfed again when I take a few months off of top/mid lane. 16/4/8 and 61K damage dealt means I can still play him okay.

what? Jayce is a beast for such a long time now. I hate playing against him lol.

jYWjuil.jpg

How do I not get at least S?! I got no deaths, tons of kills, tanked ton of damage and ganked like hell. Average Hecarim players must be challengers or something.

It's pretty fun playing a bit tanky in blind pick as you're almost always guaranteed to get a Riven or Yasuo on the enemy team.

JulianImp

Did I say I was one win away from promos? Make that three or four games now.

It sure feels bad when your team has no vision at all, you beg your teammates to not roam the map alone when behind, and yet they insist on chasing after a wounded enemy and dying to a "surprise" attack by their teammates, or deciding that it's a great idea to burn all their abilities on the absolutely non-lethal tank support that walked straight into them for that exact reason...

I also love looking at the post-game game stats and noticing how my 8-14 pinks purchased per game are multiple times the total number of pinks purchased by the other nine players combined...

zkylon

zkylewd
iBmaaCK.png

i feel bad for rito stuff always leaking but fuck it that's some dope zeronis star guardian ahri art and i want it now

(tho i'm secretly hoping it's syndra with ears and tail)

Oh my god fuck off with all the ahri skins

And also fuck the idiots who leak stuff with a stupid "pls no screenshot" message

Costy pls tell me its fake

Newt

Damn, champ prices gonna go up? My 100k IP reserve will definitely suffer.

giphy.gif

I doubt they would raise prices on current champions.

Damn, champ prices gonna go up? My 100k IP reserve will definitely suffer.

giphy.gif

I doubt they would raise prices on current champions.

new champs cost 18k ip
after a month they go down to 10k
after 3 months they go down to 5k
you gain 25% more ip after a match

it's true zeronis snap chatted it to me.

zkylon

zkylewd
i think it wouldn't be a bad idea for riot to rethink pricing cos no one knows what it means anymore

like reworks make the age, quality and complexity reasons invalid imo

killatopak

Champ prices going up would be bad for new accounts. 10 bans plus increased pricing would result in longer time taking to buy champions to participate in ranked. I don't think it'll happen but that'll be stupid of Riot to do that just because of the rune changes.

Newt

So the ADC meta is essentially, pick Draven or Cait when they're not banned.

When they are banned lock Twitch and Vayne, since Vayne and Twitch's hardest counters happen to be Draven and Cait.

Here's a Vayne game (where I totally didn't get carried).

zkylon

zkylewd
WejV2R6.png

ori feels really strong, i think i'm just gonna play ori instead of anivia

was gonna play her in solo q but my friends have been coming back to league so i don't feel like playing solo q as much anymore

Ok so how do I get key fragments now? I haven't gotten any since the switch over and I'm level 2 honor
according to riot just by playing but i haven't gotten any fragments either so maybe the system is busted atm

Champ prices going up would be bad for new accounts. 10 bans plus increased pricing would result in longer time taking to buy champions to participate in ranked. I don't think it'll happen but that'll be stupid of Riot to do that just because of the rune changes.
i guess we need to wait for details before saying

not having to buy runes is a big boost for new accounts so it makes sense for riot to tune up the ip economy so that ppl aren't like us with like a billion excess ip

i guess we need to wait for details before saying

not having to buy runes is a big boost for new accounts so it makes sense for riot to tune up the ip economy so that ppl aren't like us with like a billion excess ip[/QUOTE]

It would suck for new players

Because whilst everyone who currently plays owns the crop of champions that they do, new players have to spend higher prices than older players and thus, this game becomes absolutely toxic for them to learn and play.

Unless they I dunno, make a pack of like 20 free champions and various options of which 20 champs you get, then increasing the prices would be fair.

zkylon

zkylewd
i think a good system would be all champions cost the same, price just increases the more champions you have, up to a reasonable maximum

so new accounts can buy 3 or 4 champions really cheap, then they have to start saving up a bit, then a bit more, until eventually by the time they got a minimum of 20-30, buying a new champion becomes an investment the same way buying a 6300 champion is today

that makes it easy for new players to get to the minimum champions for ranked while keeping riot's need to encourage ppl to buy champions with rp. veterans might see little change or a price increase but for us, 6300 is already pennies

i'd also probably add a "recommended" category to the store so that beginners can get suggestions like annie or morgana or jinx or whatever

Quonny

Sorry, I meant that it was a prediction and just speculation on my part.

They said that the economy of IP is going to change with the rune changes. They specifically said that they needed to adjust how much IP things would cost now that there isn't the rune IP sink.

I can definitely see new champs being 9.2k, with the 6.3k champs becoming 7.8k. They would give a months or so notice on this. I also could see them softening the blow of this change for new players by offering all 450 champions for free and offering all 1350 champions for free after a quest chain, as to not overwhelm new players with 20+ champions at the start. Plus have quests for IP boosts for new players. There are a lot of ways they can use the quest system to help new players.

Ketch

Time to try some more league I think.

Are the baby runes in yet?

also, am I getting a refund for all these runes I bought?

probably use it to buy azir

JulianImp

I honestly wouldn't want champion IP prices to rise, mostly since it takes forever to make enough IP to get a 6300 champion (getting an average of 200 IP per day would take 32 days of grinding), and raising those prices even higher would make it take longer than that, which would be downright ludicrous.

The IP grind is already painful enough, but it's also true that equipping yourself with the proper runes and pages cost an awful lot as well...

What if they had a rune that increased your IP gains

But yeah the amount of IP you earn versus how much it costs to get rune pages+runes was fucking ludicrous. Not to mention getting the champions.

I can see why they are finally getting rid of runes, because anyone who was to join today would be at a massive disadvantage in the game.

Like its ridiculous if you think about it. League always held the flag of being an easier game to get into than dota, but the truth is that its by far the hardest game to really get into because of the rune/champion price barrier.

The rune changes will alleviate that, but until they make champions free or ridiculously cheaper to obtain, than it will always have that burden of cost entry if you really want to get into it.

Like, Im confident in saying that rito makes most of its money through skincosmetic sales that they can make all the champions free and not take a huge hit.

IP gains are a problem because you need to spend thousands upon thousands of IP on runes to be competitive. Between first day bonuses and chests its really not that hard to unlock champions if you don't have to worry about those.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
IP gains are a problem because you need to spend thousands upon thousands of IP on runes to be competitive. Between first day bonuses and chests its really not that hard to unlock champions if you don't have to worry about those.
i mean...it is not that hard if you have been playing for years. i have tons of hours on this game and have been playing it forever and i still do not have all champs. for a new player i think the path to a larger champion pool is way too long.

Top Bottom