• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT13| Diamond is Unreachable

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
some rioter tho, not riot, and i didn't mean it that way. just that someone was too in love with what they were doing to notice it wasn't really worth sharing

eh, i'll concede that the wording or guessing was dumb, been a real shitty day and i've been known to overreact on such occasions

i still think it's a shitty article

edit: i downplayed your post cos you weren't talking about the article, you were talking about runes themselves, which have been discussed already. we already knew there were fewer runes/masteries but they were gonna be more powerful, and you were half the time talking about hots or wow lol

like fuck off lol, ppl should know me better, i shouldn't have said that "more enamored with their work" shit but it still should've come across like every time i've talked about rioters which is like treating them as normal people and not like insulting them personally or assuming they're greedy or vicious in any way. that's the kind of thing other people do, not me

blegh

if a Rioter is posting things about a major change in the game that's coming down the line then it suddenly doesn't be come "a Rioter does blah blah blah" but "Riot does blah blah blah". There is no distinguishing a Rioter doing something than Riot the company for something like this. Come on. Just like "people should know you better" you should also know you were going to get shit for this.

if a Rioter is posting things about a major change in the game that's coming down the line then it suddenly doesn't be come "a Rioter does blah blah blah" but "Riot does blah blah blah". There is no distinguishing a Rioter doing something than Riot the company for something like this. Come on. Just like "people should know you better" you should also know you were going to get shit for this.

Not only that but in the post itself, the rioter confirms its the start of a Rune Discussion Corner for them and their team thats working on runes. Its as official as its gonna get if theyre given the ok to talk about it.

Its just so weird that you thought it was a singular person posting outside of ritos permission, zky.

As for the hots/wow talk, I mainly brought up wow because they went through a similar system(skill points dumped in tree for meaningless stats->more meaningful choices from smaller sets of options) except they werent as informative as ritos being.

As for the hots talents mention, thats me having my cake.

No matter what zky we still love you.

Quonny

My brother who plays League probably every other day didn't know about the rune changes until today.

They want to get as many eyeballs on this stuff as soon as possible. Even if it's just repeating information.

Leezard

I like to get some more information before things actually happens, makes planning for the changes and digesting the changes a bit simpler. I really like reading PBE patch notes and planned changes and stuff like that too though.

Kalentan

I don't get what is happening on my game.

For some reason some games my input's are all delayed or don't even happen.

My ping stays between the 45 ~ 50 range and never spikes.

Despite that, I suddenly have to mash the mouse for any action to occur.

zkylon

zkylewd
5Vmhw5D.png

has anyone gotten any keys after a match?

so far i've only gotten one after logging in

faridmon

Are champs going to get higher base stats and stat growth after they rework runes though?

Yeah, this is an important question

I was playing Ashe with no Runes and Keystones in the training mode and it was tough last hitting the minion. Downright impossible. Runes adds a lot to adc's dmg and attack speed and it would be crazy if they just took it away for incremental general/situational boost

Leezard

Are champs going to get higher base stats and stat growth after they rework runes though?
I think they've said that it's going to happen, yes. It's unclear exactly how and whether all champs get same stats or different ones, but junglers for example must get stat boosts in order to clear properly.

DevilDog

Same here, everything is delayed and ping never moves.

killatopak

Gold Member
Damn.

Wanted to change my name to Yennefer and I saw it was available. Just bought some rp then proceeded to change it but someone got it first.

Triss Merigold is available but damn... I want Yennefer.

zkylon

zkylewd
Damn.

Wanted to change my name to Yennefer and I saw it was available. Just bought some rp then proceeded to change it but someone got it first.

Triss Merigold is available but damn... I want Yennefer.

how about dandelion

Yeah, this is an important question

I was playing Ashe with no Runes and Keystones in the training mode and it was tough last hitting the minion. Downright impossible. Runes adds a lot to adc's dmg and attack speed and it would be crazy if they just took it away for incremental general/situational boost

there's gonna be different rune trees that come with stat bonuses along with a selection of runes to choose form

so if u pick sorcery tree that gives u say ap and mana, and you also get to choose between deathfire touch and thunderlords and shit

this is one of the many details of this system that have been woefully underexplained

Reinboom

Neo Member
My brother who plays League probably every other day didn't know about the rune changes until today.

They want to get as many eyeballs on this stuff as soon as possible. Even if it's just repeating information.

Mmhm. Steady release gives a chance for it to come up in conversation more, to draw more people's attention.

Not only that but in the post itself, the rioter confirms its the start of a Rune Discussion Corner for them and their team thats working on runes. Its as official as its gonna get if theyre given the ok to talk about it.

The "Runes Corner" will be a place (time?) where we'll start dropping singular bits of runes. The future post will have a lot less annoying amounts of detail than my post though. :p
We use a lot of the same notes throughout the system (e.g. usage of adaptive is rampant), so getting specific conversations on some runes or thoughts to runes is useful before we suddenly flood people with it. Not a lot of players like the "here's everything, you figure it out". :/

There's some side benefits as well:
It also gives us an opportunity internally (and externally) to figure out how to translate some of the concepts and conversations into non-English.

It lets us bring out specific conversations that's useful for us in the moment and to not have those conversations drown in the flood of too much other stuff. Things like runes art style is super important. Or all the individual rune conversations like those on Store Credit and Magical Footwear.

---

Also, hello everyone!

ANOTHER RIOTER

COSTY CAN YOU CONFIRM AND DENY

(hello there I like the work on the new runes and masteries I am excite keep up the good work )

zkylon

zkylewd
doesn't have to be "here's everything", but imo rito's doing a bad job at communicating how the system works (no one i've talked to even knew there were rune trees, and the stats question pops up every time) and also giving stuff to be excited about (idk imo these runes are kinda lame? tho i don't like keystones so..)

if only

Reinboom

Neo Member
doesn't have to be "here's everything", but imo rito's doing a bad job at communicating how the system works (no one i've talked to even knew there were rune trees, and the stats question pops up every time) and also giving stuff to be excited about (idk imo these runes are kinda lame? tho i don't like keystones so..)

What would you like to see us release soon (excepting full current system)?

zkylon

zkylewd
not sure, probably more complete examples (how do i go into idk orianna vs zed now or whatever) or more interesting runes, like more like the boots rune or the bank credit rune

also would like details on things that interest me like how they arrived to the current skill trees, why do they have this many higher and lower runes, why not just do only big runes, why do these skill trees and not others, if they're gonna add new skill trees, etc.

some things that come to mind atm

not sure, probably more complete examples (how do i go into idk orianna vs zed now or whatever) or more interesting runes, like more like the boots rune or the bank credit rune

also would like details on things that interest me like how they arrived to the current skill trees, why do they have so many higher and lower runes, why not just do only big runes, why do these skill trees and not others, if they're gonna add new skill trees, etc.

some things that come to mind atm

i can probably answer your second question, that is why so many small/big runes: Variety. Variety is the spice of life, and in a game like league, what someone picks to fit their play style is probably one of the driving forces of the rune system, instead of picking a generic mastery route or rune page like before

zkylon

zkylewd
i can probably answer your second question, that is why so many small/big runes: Variety. Variety is the spice of life, and in a game like league, what someone picks to fit their play style is probably one of the driving forces of the rune system, instead of picking a generic mastery route or rune page like before

my b, rephrased it

wasn't meant as "so many" but "this many". as in, why 2 big runes, 2 small runes and 1 keystone instead of idk 3 small, 2 big, 1 keystone or w/e

drawkcaB

Can you let me know whose leg I have to hump at Riot to allow Tahm Kench to devour blue and red buff?

(It'd be nice to have some information regarding what will done with champion base stats once the new system is in place. For instance, the vast majority of tank junglers pick up ~15% attack speed in marks. Will these junglers be given that in base stats or are they all expected to dip into an equivalent rune?)

Mmhm. Steady release gives a chance for it to come up in conversation more, to draw more people's attention.

The "Runes Corner" will be a place (time?) where we'll start dropping singular bits of runes. The future post will have a lot less annoying amounts of detail than my post though. :p
We use a lot of the same notes throughout the system (e.g. usage of adaptive is rampant), so getting specific conversations on some runes or thoughts to runes is useful before we suddenly flood people with it. Not a lot of players like the "here's everything, you figure it out". :/

There's some side benefits as well:
It also gives us an opportunity internally (and externally) to figure out how to translate some of the concepts and conversations into non-English.

It lets us bring out specific conversations that's useful for us in the moment and to not have those conversations drown in the flood of too much other stuff. Things like runes art style is super important. Or all the individual rune conversations like those on Store Credit and Magical Footwear.

---

Also, hello everyone!

hey you finally got approved! Welcome to the madhouse.

zkylon

zkylewd
i kind of wish rito changed anything about midlane just for the variety lol

it feels like nothing about midlane has been changed in like 3 months lol

I have this same problem. It's like the game is unresponsive to any inputs for a few seconds at a time. Sometimes I click toward and enemy and the game decides to ignore my inputs, leading me to path toward the enemy or enemy team while unable to move back out.

Top Bottom