• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT13| Diamond is Unreachable

zkylon

zkylewd
That's definitely scripting, that's not natural movement.
? nothing to do with the movement, the dodge looks super legit (which is why this looks like a bug rather than a script, none of those pixel dodges like u see on cassiopeia videos), issue is that the champion clearly moves out of the way without gosu's input (you can't see the arrow thingies)

but like shown in the videos on that reddit thread, seems to be a pathing bug

23qwerty

weird coincidence that a plant and a trap spawn immediately when he "scripts" and that it's been proven that they can cause pathing issues

it just makes no sense that these are the only two instances he's ever been suspected of scripting

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Someone makes a remotely decent play and "SCRIPTING??????????????????"
Seriously? Do people have nothing better to do? It's obviously not scripting...

I don't think the difference between thresh taking coin vs face of the mountain is too big until they upgrade it fully. Especially if the thresh is garbage at last hitting. Sharing stacks doesn't mean anything if you can't last hit :V

zkylon

zkylewd
I could believe it for the Cait video, but no way for the Zyra one.
it could be a pathing bug cos in both cases the weird pathing is a result of a collisionable object being spawned on top of him

maybe the game repathes you if you're mid step when an object is spawned on you in that exact same frame, idk

there's videos showing how it's a bug

here have a picture, it's better than fake reddit drama

happy_valentine_s_day_by_lengyou-daz1nig.jpg

Jarsonot

Just played a couple game of Evelyn jungle. She's a lot of fun. Her e and w are kind of meh (w def helps) but being invisible is awesome.

I'm getting a lot better at looking at the mini map, too. Makes a world of difference. =)

JulianImp

Just had an absolutely awful game. Gotta thank Cait for not raging at me, but it might've been that our Kindred stole the spotlight with its absolutely disgusting early 0/5/0.

zkylon

zkylewd
let's all learn from doublelift
the only thing that's 100% is that I make a lot of mistakes :) learn from me and don't exaggerate everything or post kneejerk reactions

also support mains rejoice
We intend to release a champion this year who should work well in a traditional support playstyle (focus on helping allies/hindering enemies rather than damage, works well in a duo lane).

Newt

I'm calling it out now.

New support comes out, Breezy is like, "oh this support is gonna be shitty".

Ghost is like, "I'm gonna hate this champion, but they seem strong."

Zkylon is like, "gonna search for some fanart of this champ".

Two weeks pass

Champion is 100% pick/ban in the LCS.

Ghost is spamming the shit out of new champion in coop vs ai games.

Zkylon is posting nsfw fanart of new champ.

Calvero

Banned
i think its hilarious u kids talking shit about zkylon. u wouldnt say this shit to him at lan, hes jacked. not only that but he wears the freshest clothes, eats at the chillest restaurants and hangs out with the hottest dudes. yall are pathetic lol.

Newt

i think its hilarious u kids talking shit about zkylon. u wouldnt say this shit to him at lan, hes jacked. not only that but he wears the freshest clothes, eats at the chillest restaurants and hangs out with the hottest dudes. yall are pathetic lol.
*LAS

faridmon

I tend to buy it on him since consistently proccing shield with him is a nightmare, coin leads into a pretty useful active ability if you need better initiation/escape, and it also allows me to focus beter on harassing/zoning. It might be suboptimal, but the lack of execute on Thresh means last-hitting cannon minions with his puny E-empoweerd autoattack and no ad-boosting items is quite a chore.

Yes, I can see that being a problem and you are right, the amount of just peer pressure I have to go through actually last hitting the minion (and many times failing) is unbelievable and leads to Friction with the adc about lost cs.

However, I see the shield being very useful in engage situations (Q + R) in TF once completed and the health stats of it gives me more tankier stats. Hence, I have came to terms with its shortcomings on Thresh due to being useful later on.

Seriously though, I'll take playing against a Jhin instead of a Varus any day. It's funny how people moaned incessantly about Nid spears but apparently lethality+ Manamune Piercing Arrows are fun to get hit by, no one says shit about Varus.

Stuff like this makes me wonder just how much time is between a kit being finalized and us seeing the finished product

"finalised" isn't really the right word because things will be adjusted all through the development phase, but there's definitely a point where the champion has a somewhat locked kit and is ready to move into full production. That happens months before release.

There will be changes along the way, but the cast paradigms are set and there's a lot about the ability and the kit that the designers like. Changes from then on would be more around solving the effects/damage of the ability itself rather than wholly redesigning them.

Speaking of Yasuo, I was playing the For Honor campaign last night and the Warden (the character you use in the tutorials) has the same voice actor as Yasuo. I'm tempted to run around the battlefield like an idiot yelling Yasuo quotes and failing my team :V

faridmon

The only nerf I can ask for when it comes to Jhin is his ult, either make it utility//CC based or dmg based. Can't have both.

Leezard

I think Jhin's ult slows a bit too much or too long. Getting hit once near guarantees you will get hit by every shot.

JulianImp

Yes, I can see that being a problem and you are right, the amount of just peer pressure I have to go through actually last hitting the minion (and many times failing) is unbelievable and leads to Friction with the adc about lost cs.

However, I see the shield being very useful in engage situations (Q + R) in TF once completed and the health stats of it gives me more tankier stats. Hence, I have came to terms with its shortcomings on Thresh due to being useful later on.

My main fear rather than peer pressure (because my adc likely won't be losing CS due to me not proccing shield, anyway) is that I'm missing out on a metric ton of gold since I can't reliably get it from the dang shield, all while the coin effortlessly gets me ambient gold and health just by walking around (albeit considerably less since cannon minions are worth a lot). Being less prone to walking into bad trades when you try to last hit minions is also a great plus, since it protects me from myself.

It makes sense that the shield gets you a stat you want more of and a nice active for tanks, but I fear the gold loss in the long run might end up offsetting those gains, since I could use the coin gold to get other items I want earlier.

Top Bottom