• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT13| Diamond is Unreachable

Did the chest drop rules change in the last 2 months? I already have 8 full keys with no chests. Wiki says I have to get at least S-, or at least a member of a premade. Didn't you also get chests whether or not your teammate was part of your premade?

Did the chest drop rules change in the last 2 months? I already have 8 full keys with no chests. Wiki says I have to get at least S-, or at least a member of a premade. Didn't you also get chests whether or not your teammate was part of your premade?
No. You always got chests only if you or premade teammates gor an S-

jerd

Iirc there's also the rule where you can't get a chest twice with the same champ within a certain time frame so you have to get S- on different champs. I think if you go to your collection you can see if you have chests available and what champs you have earned them on

edit: just checked you can see if you have earned a chest with a certain champ by highlighting them in your collection, but seeing chests available to earn is on your profile screen

Iirc there's also the rule where you can't get a chest twice with the same champ within a certain time frame so you have to get S- on different champs. I think if you go to your collection you can see if you have chests available and what champs you have earned them on
One chest per champ per season, yeah.

drawkcaB

The honor system is still bullshit. The only thing that happens is that whoever carried the game gets a bunch of honor thrown at them. And carries being usually a particular sort of individual, they did everything while their team did nothing, so they're aren't going to complain.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
The honor system is still bullshit. The only thing that happens is that whoever carried the game gets a bunch of honor thrown at them. And carries being usually a particular sort of individual, they did everything while their team did nothing, so they're aren't going to complain.
i never carry and i still get a decent amount of honor. one time i
jokingly
insulted my teammate in pregame and still got all the honor.

jerd

well yeah if someone hard carries they'll definitely get all the honor as long as they didn't shit talk or anything.

Also I carried the shit out of a game as sej and got all the honor so you definitely don't have to be "a carry" to get it. People recognize impact for the most part. But yeah if someone goes like 19/1 or something and was cool about it i'm probably not gonna honor the guy who fed but didn't tilt over them

23qwerty

what's really crazy is I have only ever seen that notification once where everyone on the team honours someone so you get a small boost to honour

Leezard

what's really crazy is I have only ever seen that notification once where everyone on the team honours someone so you get a small boost to honour

I see that almost every game, the games where someone gets salty is usually the exception. I see a good spread in honor too.

zkylon

zkylewd
also you can only have 4 chests per month, with a recharge every week

also you have to own the champion you're getting an S with to get a chest for them

i've seen that happen a couple times when someone went like 15/2 but more often than not it's pretty spread out

I see that almost every game. I see a good spread in honor too.

this has been my experience too

zkylon

zkylewd
DFXfW33XgAICUmj.jpg

finally good kayn fanart

Back in Plat
Sivir's Brotherhood
. There have been moments this season I've wondered if I could actually make it back in.

Time to start trolling Flex :^)

Kalentan

While we still won the match, so I'm happy. But holy hell I see why Fizz needs to be banned. The enemy team Fizz went from dying a lot to being able to 2-3 shot our entire team minus me (Garen) and Blitz and even then he still downed us pretty quick.

JulianImp

While we still won the match, so I'm happy. But holy hell I see why Fizz needs to be banned. The enemy team Fizz went from dying a lot to being able to 2-3 shot our entire team minus me (Garen) and Blitz and even then he still downed us pretty quick.

I often ban him because he tends to give midlaners trouble with his invincibility and crazy burst damage, but on the other hand I've had a couple teammates playing Fizz that'd do the complete opposite (stomp their lane early, and then make us play 4v5 for the mid to late-game due to always jumping in first and getting himself killed before he gets to do any real damage).

But wouldn't it be sort of underwhelming to, say, have him be a dragon MASTER that lets loose a tiny little dragon that pokes people (using his current kit as an example)?

HE TRANSFORMS INTO DRAGONS

So the skin concept I showed to.morello(which he kindly rejected back in the day due to legal issues) was that when you max out a skill, a little dragon appears to use that skill. So Q is a dragon that breathes flame. W is a dragon that shoots fire spin. E is a dragon that sets a target on fire.

His R would be a culmination. Lvl 6 is a one headed dragon. Level 2 ult(11) is a 2 headed dragon. Max rank ult is a 3 headed dragon. And whilsts ulting, each head does his skills effects.(ie Q would be one head targetted on a person while the other 2 heads mimic his other skills.)

Hes a master because I fantasized that when he would come out where it was like, Bone shyvana(drained and enslaved by Mordekaiser to become Dragon Knight Morde) and you know..Im bit drunk but I sketched out a whole storyboard of the defense of Piltover and Swain would team up with J4 because the shadow isles were mounting an invasion and stuff happens and morde goes to drain shyvana but Swain intercepts in the crossfire of the magic beam and he burns morde successfully drains Shyv and she becomes his slave and morde geta red but then Swain rises from the ashes as a master of dragons and it was a cool cinematic ok

After a victory in this game there's always a string of defeats, is there anyway to break this curse or rut? Yesterday i won 1 game that then were followed by 3 defeats then 1 win that has now been followed by 2 defeats.

Seemingly always matched against much much better opponents than i can do anything about. They are pretty much often always beating the living shit out of their lane and snow ball early the in games i lose, only a very few games ive lost has been close.

And yes Fizz needs a perm locked in ban, same goes with Thresh, Blitzcrank and so on.

After a victory in this game there's always a string of defeats, is there anyway to break this curse or rut?
Stop playing Sona incessantly. I say this as someone who plays Nami incessantly, but if you want to climb you're going to have to pick Leo/Naut/Braum every now and again.

I had a quick look through you history and there are some games where a bit of meat on your team would have at least made the difference in comp, if not in-game.

Edit: There are a couple of games as well where you've not even got a sweeping lens at 40mins in. You need vision control (late) in the game so you can set up ganks, objectives etc.
Seemingly always matched against much much better opponents than i can do anything about. They are pretty much often always beating the living shit out of their lane and snow ball early the in games i lose, only a very few games ive lost has been close.
Is this your lane or other lanes, or both? Some lanes you just aren't going to win unless they make errors. Know to wait for certain power spikes and ganks. You don't have to win lane to win the game.
And yes Fizz needs a perm locked in ban, same goes with Thresh, Blitzcrank and so on.

I can appreciate you may find BC and Thresh annoying, but that will pass with experience. I would spend your bans on champs that can stomp another lane and then come and fuck you up as well like Fizz or any of the games junglers.

Stop playing Sona incessantly. I say this as someone who plays Nami incessantly, but if you want to climb you're going to have to pick Leo/Naut/Braum every now and again.

I had a quick look through you history and there are some games where a bit of meat on your team would have at least made the difference in comp, if not in-game.

Edit: There are a couple of games as well where you've not even got a sweeping lens at 40mins in. You need vision control (late) in the game so you can set up ganks, objectives etc.

Is this your lane or other lanes, or both? Some lanes you just aren't going to win unless they make errors. Know to wait for certain power spikes and ganks. You don't have to win lane to win the game.

I can appreciate you may find BC and Thresh annoying, but that will pass with experience. I would spend your bans on champs that can stomp another lane and then come and fuck you up as well like Fizz or any of the games junglers.

I pick Sona since its the champ im most comfortable playing after trying out a number of Champions where i failed miserably at. Atleast with Sona i can play decently more often than not.

Usually it's all lanes or sometimes 2 or 3 lanes that are getting stomped from early in the game. And i always get matched into a number of these games now after a win. There's only so much i can do and i cant carry a game thats why i play support to play a champion that can help the carries. But the carries on my team gets shut down early. So....

I pick Sona since its the champ im most comfortable playing after trying out a number of Champions where i failed miserably at. Atleast with Sona i can play decently more often than not.
Which is fine, but you are going to have to pick a tank at some point - especially given how strong tanks are in general - or just not Sona. She's actually quite a hard champ to get the most out of early as she takes a few items before you can start smashing the keyboard and be effective.

OP.GG says you've played 38 Ranked games w/ Sona and then the other 4 non-Sona champs you've played just once each in Ranked. Do you honestly think that's enough experimenting when the stats don't lie?

We've all been where you are now at some point, the first step is admitting it's worth trying something else.

Which is fine, but you are going to have to pick a tank at some point - especially given how strong tanks are in general - or just not Sona. She's actually quite a hard champ to get the most out of early as she takes a few items before you can start smashing the keyboard and be effective.

OP.GG says you've played 38 Ranked games w/ Sona and then the other 4 non-Sona champs you've played just once each in Ranked. Do you honestly think that's enough experimenting when the stats don't lie?

We've all been where you are now at some point, the first step is admitting it's worth trying something else.

I have played other champs in unranked until i landed on Sona. I have played more games as adc, such as Cait much more than Sona prior until i realized i fucking suck at it. I'm terrible at last hitting in lane and get terrible CS cus of this. So then instead i started trying out support and after a while i landed on Sona wich i sucked the least on. And if the game goes quite well i can have perfect KDA, S- ranking (S rank is almost impossible to get on Sona) and so on.

So ofc i pick the champ i can do that on. I usually dont try out new champs in ranked cus that will 10/10 just fail. The other champs like Alistair and so on i picked to "counter" Leona or so i have played before. But that doesnt help since im fucking terrible at it.. :p

Well after losing 3rd game in row now and being the recieving end of another stomp i am over with LoL for this time. It's just not fun.

It's just not any fun at all to constantly be on the recieving end of getting stomped in games so bye bye LoL.

It's only frustrating and nothing else and i play games to have a fun pastime not being miserable.

I have zero 0 zip nada chance of climbing anyway so fuck it.

nbraun80

Well after losing 3rd game in row now and being the recieving end of another stomp i am over with LoL for this time. It's just not fun.

It's just not any fun at all to constantly be on the recieving end of getting stomped in games so bye bye LoL.

It's only frustrating and nothing else and i play games to have a fun pastime not being miserable.

I have zero 0 zip nada chance of climbing anyway so fuck it.
probably a good idea to leave something you're not having fun with anyomore, but honestly, you seem to blame your team alot or just the pure matchmaking when a lot of it is on you as well. I don't know a lot about Sona specifically, but the decent ones I've played against are constantly poking and zone with power chord Q auto which can chunk a lot, but I see you pretty consistently do the least damage in the game. Like a recent one where you did 4.6k damge in a 36 min. game while a soroka did 6.1k, like that just shouldn't be happening.

Also the only constant in your games is you, and over 50 games you have a 37% winrate on Sona, to me that would be a sign that i'm part of my team's problem and may want to try a different champion. Similar healers/sheilders like janna, soroka, karma, nami, taric, could be better options for you.

Ultimately by maining support in bronze you are taking a lot of risk of losing and leaving a lot of it in other bronze players hands. I'd say playing mid or top is probably your best chance to climb out of bronze and just being better on your champion than the other person. You can play something simple mid like annie and stomp pretty good if you learn to play her decently. Hell even play sona mid and go full ap.

Also some people may tell you to build sona how you're doing it, which is fine in mid to higher elos, but I say after eye of the watcher, just go full ap and try and carry. That's really the only way out of bronze, carrying yourself out.

Yeah well i blame the team i'm matched with yes when they can't help themselves from getting killed alot, and i mean alot in early game. Only so much i can do about that. If i'm matched against players who are better than myself and rest of the team this often its no bueno. It's simply not fun anymore.

Like i said i am not good enough to play champs that carries home games hence i settled for supporting role. But when that is shit too im out.

And as for my lane play i poke all the time with Q etc. Sometimes we win our lane and game cus of this. But too often i am matched against too good of opponents or such so my team, myself too gets stomped and ive had it tbh.

I'm not 'good' enough to carry myself to climb in elo against players who are much more seasoned in this game. Again thats why i pick support so i can play support to other players who are decent.

But repeating myself here i am too often matched with the people on the recieving end of stomp in lane and then thats even more stomp rest of the game.

But i have had it with this game, again. This isnt the first time i have tried playing ranked and after a few days opted out because its simply not fun. Games are fun when you win or when you lose and its close and competitive.

This game is not for the most time so again, fuck it i have had it.

But i get why people find the game fun if they are good at it and are able to climb and have others to play with who are also good at it. But i play solo and too many times it's just shit and miserable.

jerd

I've played solo probably 90-95% of my ranked games. At a certain point you just have to take some accountability. If it's not for you that's absolutely fine but you can't really blame other people

I've played solo probably 90-95% of my ranked games. At a certain point you just have to take some accountability. If it's not for you that's absolutely fine but you can't really blame other people

Well if mid and top lane dies 3-5 times before 15 min mark it's not on me?

jerd

You really just have to take a step back and be honest with yourself, is that really happening every game?

I assume you're fairly new. Everyone starts out with the idea that everyone else sucks and is holding them back. Some people realize they are the only factor they can control and improve and eventually get better and climb. You have about as good a resource as you could ask for here because we have multiple plat-diamond support mains, yet i've already seen you shoot down Terb's advice. If you actually want to improve you have to be willing to learn instead of banging your head against the wall doing the same thing.

You really just have to take a step back and be honest with yourself, is that really happening every game?

I assume you're fairly new. Everyone starts out with the idea that everyone else sucks and is holding them back. Some people realize they are the only factor they can control and improve and eventually get better and climb. You have about as good a resource as you could ask for here because we have multiple plat-diamond support mains, yet i've already seen you shoot down Terb's advice. If you actually want to improve you have to be willing to learn instead of banging your head against the wall doing the same thing.

Every game? No but it happens more than enough. And i'm not new to LoL, i have played on and off since 2011. It's just that i have never trying to climb in ranked because every time i have had a bad time, just like now.

And i've already decided to fuck out of this game again anyway since i'm not having fun. Point of playing games if having a fun pastime imo and since i'm currently am not i have better things to do.

And also i haven't said everyone else sucks but me if you've read what i've written. But like i said, when people die alot early in lane on the teams i end up on there are not much i can do when i am in bot lane trying to supp the adc.

But again i'm now out of this game i just said my $0.05

jerd

Every game? No but it happens more than enough.

And i've already decided to fuck out of this game again anyway since i'm not having fun. Point of playing games if having a fun pastime imo and since i'm currently am not i have better things to do.

And also i haven't said everyone else sucks but me if you've read what i've written. But like i said, when people die alot early in lane on the teams i end up on there are not much i can do when i am in bot lane trying to supp the adc.

But again i'm now out of this game i just said my $0.05

Well you're squarely placing the blame on the rest of your team so i'm failing to see the difference. But like I said before, if the game isn't for you, it isn't for you.

I'll just say if you want to learn there are a ton of people here willing to help, but so far you've shown no interest in that and that's frustrating for everyone.

The point is that happens to everyone, you're not getting specially fucked by your teammates anymore than other players are and yet people still climb.

At some point you need to realize there's only one constant factor in all of your games and thats yourself. No one gets stuck in a division they don't belong

dimb

if you cannot carry games why would you go up? obviously you are at the appropriate elo........

if you think support cannot carry games, or that it is the role for people with less experience, i would say you should probably not be playing the role. the demands of the support are less visible than that of other positions. like it's bronze...you can basically solo kill people in the lane as the support.............

Even if its bronze i play in i usually am paired against people in silver. Sure i have "soloed" people in lane that dives under turret but not in pure dmg..

Even if its bronze i play in i usually am paired against people in silver.
Has absolutely nothing to do with it. You're matched on a hidden MMR/ELO number - the game has you as a similar level in skillset.
Sure i have "soloed" people in lane that dives under turret but not in pure dmg..
But as Sona you can outpoke at least the other support quite easily, it is just very hard and means you have to avoid things like Thresh/BC Q.

There are some other decent suggestions here like going full AP and cheesing your way out. Maybe try Brand, Karma, Zyra and go full dmg after your warding item. The enemy team won't start focusing you until it is too late.

Having a few games on Rakan and he's really fun/strong.

Lolytics seems to suggest Windspeakers is the best Mastery though? I'd have thought it would be CoTC?

Also what are the best runes, LOLA seems to favour AP and scaling HP?

Newt

Having a few games on Rakan and he's really fun/strong.

Lolytics seems to suggest Windspeakers is the best Mastery though? I'd have thought it would be CoTC?

Also what are the best runes, LOLA seems to favour AP and scaling HP?
I actually love Rakan as a champion. It's so weird to see them releasing fair and balanced champions like Xayah and Rakan, and then see the same designers okay shit like Ivern.

Kalentan

Man I know you're able to play with players one division above and below you... But if you're duoing with a Plat and you're in Gold, it shouldn't place them in a match against Silver and Golds.

Like I think it's legit unfair to me that I had to play against a Plat 5 Cho in my Promos into Gold.

Like that's unfair.

Dobkeratops

OT Hard Carry
Man I know you're able to play with players one division above and below you... But if you're duoing with a Plat and you're in Gold, it shouldn't place them in a match against Silver and Golds.

Like I think it's legit unfair to me that I had to play against a Plat 5 Cho in my Promos into Gold.

Like that's unfair.

plat 5 players have been known to lose to bronze laners tho

drawkcaB

I sometimes don't agree with LS, often really. But his present take on Ivern is 100% right: Ivern punishes players who punish themselves.

He's fine right now.

drawkcaB

Ivern is fine right now, but his release was a complete disaster.

Good God no. He was really underpowered on release, was buffed but even then was below average. Then S7 came along and every single little thing from the jungle changes to itemization to the meta itself totally went his way.

dimb

Ivern should be bad. Too many pieces of the kit that are impossible to play around. The portable brush that you just have to walk into...the inability to fight him for a camp in the jungle because he can just smite it away instantly...the free buffs he can give to his lanes for extra jungle pressure. The ways he gets ahead just feel bad. Most of the reason he has fallen behind now is just because %HP damage is king off top and jungle, and Duskblade has created more openings for assassin champs (although even that is limited/fading).

Top Bottom