• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjaelke

We'll continue to support and improve DC post-launch. This includes bug fixes :) missing kills isn't fun.

Maybe implement a toggle-able chat/communication between spectators. Should be off by default. I don't know how popular the spectator mode will be in 2-3 weeks but I imagine quite a few people still watching the featured games.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Best thing about spectator mode is if I log on and want to play with someone who's already in a game instead of solo queing or being bored waiting for them to finish I can watch their match now. Then we can play together when they are done!

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Another thing about the directed camera: sometimes it isn't even about not catching kills, but it gives away the fact that there won't be a kill. When it ignores low HP targets in chases or near enemies I often realize it's because nothing is going to happen.

Blizzard

Banned
I have all of those except Annie. :(
And you SHOULD have Annie, since she's only 450 IP or whatever.

Speaking of which, someone in ranked yesterday was saying they didn't have any supports (though they had kayle, maybe because they were free). I thought Soraka and Sona were super cheap, not to mention free Alistar, yet apparently some people play ranked without them. >.>

On a whim I got Karma and Garen (had banked about 5K IP). I'm really liking Karma a lot, but am having trouble effectively using her W. Any advice on how and when to use it?

Garen is also pretty fun. His sustain in lane is nice and queuing up a "Q" while spinning like a madman with "E" is pretty devastating, especially if your ultimate is up.

garath

Speaking of which, someone in ranked yesterday was saying they didn't have any supports (though they had kayle, maybe because they were free). I thought Soraka and Sona were super cheap, not to mention free Alistar, yet apparently some people play ranked without them. >.>

It's a no brainer to have Alistar. That's just pure lazy or lying.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
When I found out Ferrio didn't own Soraka or Janna the other week I was pretty baffled. Some people just don't like playing supports and don't buy them though.
On a whim I got Karma and Garen (had banked about 5K IP). I'm really liking Karma a lot, but am having trouble effectively using her W. Any advice on how and when to use it?
The best way to play Karma is to not...until she gets her rework. Just use her W on high priority targets and allies and make sure to not blow your Mantra on it unless you really need it to get away or something.

Ferrio

Banned
When I found out Ferrio didn't own Soraka or Janna the other week I was pretty baffled. Some people just don't like playing supports and don't buy them though.

The best way to play Karma is to not...until she gets her rework. Just use her W on high priority targets and allies and make sure to not blow your Mantra on it unless you really need it to get away or something.

I have plenty of supports, just didn't have those two. I Don't like playing soraka period though.

I would like to point out that I've been mashing Z in spec mode and I still cannot see the chat. Boo-urns.

But, honestly? A tiny nitpick in an amazing mode. I love the slomo for teamfights, lets me see how things play out. I'm looking forward to similar features for replay; it'll help me figure out how and where I fuck up.

Although, sometimes, it's quite obvious... (yesterday's Baron fight...)

Ferrio

Banned
Janna has always been one of the best supports. She has been continually nerfed and she is still viable. Like she would be the #1 ban every game if she was half as good as she used to be.

Uh.. maybe my memory is fuzzy.. but wasn't she considered ass like 6 months ago? Then she started being run in tournies.

Ken

Sure okay. I'll buy her.

Janna wasn't quintessential until recently.
From what I can remember, and I've been playing League for a long time so my memory could be off, Janna has always been one of the top tier supports. She's been consistently amazing for a long time - she is just getting a new surge in popularity among pubs.

Soraka has been up and down with the healing changes over the years, but Janna has remained a consistently good support.

Inskipp

Uh.. maybe my memory is fuzzy.. but wasn't she considered ass like 6 months ago? Then she started being run in tournies.
No, she's always been a solid pick. All the sustain- nerfs to other supports however have made her kit look more and more appealing.

Blizzard

Banned
Well as a katarina player, my expert and unbiased opinion is that supports should clearly be removed from the game (besides karma, nunu, and nidalee).

Lulu has two ways to cancel kat's ult (one on a short cooldown), soraka has 1, alistar has 2, janna has 2... =(

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Well as a katarina player, my expert and unbiased opinion is that supports should clearly be removed from the game (besides karma, nunu, and nidalee).

Lulu has two ways to cancel kat's ult (one on a short cooldown), soraka has 1, alistar has 2, janna has 2... =(

OH NO KATS ULT-- Q, lol.

Only support I can play is Alistar so as long as he isn't nerfed yoo hard I'm happy. Need to try junglung with him as well.

Alistar actually got buffed a bit in the last patch. Jungle Alistar is pretty scary with his pre-6 ganks.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Only support I can play is Alistar so as long as he isn't nerfed yoo hard I'm happy. Need to try junglung with him as well.

Support healer is actually easy to play. Sit back don't attack minions while throwing out heals and putting down wards.

Beyond that just time your ulty when appropriate. Tis the easiest part to play.

Problem is you can't carry, and no matter how good you are if you go support build you can't win a game if you're carry/ap/jungle doesn't do enough dps. In that sense your SOL playing support in low ELO cause your play doesn't effect the game enough.

Blizzard

Banned
Problem is you can't carry, and no matter how good you are if you go support build you can't win a game if you're carry/ap/jungle doesn't do enough dps. In that sense your SOL playing support in low ELO cause your play doesn't effect the game enough.
In ranked, especially. This is probably why I've gone up about 360 elo so far since I started learning kat AP mid, since if the game goes well you can help the side lanes. Ideally I'd be able to carry from any non-support position, but I'm not very good at it yet.

Swig_

Tried out support Blitzcrank today. my AD carry had double the CS as the opposing AD carry. Kept bot warded and did annoying bush grabs for several kills. It was good fun!

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Poor Ocelote. He says he will go to sleep when he loses his next game.

Yet he keeps on winning. He eventually starts playing his worst champions like Orianna and Viktor and play with teammates that go AD Janna, yet he is still dunking on nerds. Poor bastard is STILL at it.

Poor Ocelote. He says he will go to sleep when he loses his next game.

Yet he keeps on winning. He eventually starts playing his worst champions like Orianna and Viktor and play with teammates that go AD Janna, yet he is still dunking on nerds. Poor bastard is STILL at it.

yes i too feel sorry for him, poor guy

winning without end

brian!

anyone got urgot tips? I'm playing him right I think (early domination, tankbro later), but when I check the damage I have done at the end of the game it's usually a bit subpar, like usually a bit less than their bruiser. It makes me feel like I'm handicapping my team damage-wise. Build is bruta (dorans if I feel like I need some early health), boots, FH, situational tanky. I haven't tried BT yet since I feel like I need the tankness.

bjaelke

I like to throw in Manamune before Frozen Heart. It allows you to harass in lane and it has a nice synergy with Frozen Heart and Banshe's Veil. You shouldn't expect to output the same damage as a normal AD carry during team fights.

brian!

manamune probably wouldn't help me too much unless I'm running out of mana all the time in lane, but I haven't been having that problem. if the lane was pushing I would need that kind of sustain, but usually people just get scared off

I guess urgot is a bit team dependent is all, just need to accept that his dmg falls off. Do people try to apply his passive to the threats during teamfights? (E Q the squishy, auto the dmg dealers)

bjaelke

Well the mana regen allows you to bully and zone the other AD carry in lane without pushing it. You could also go with a Soraka support or, as M5 did at IEM, get blue buff at level 1. Urgot is fairly team dependent, so your best bet is to win the laning phase. The other AD carry will be at an advantage if you come out with the same cs and score before the team fights.

If you get the Soraka/blue buff alternative, then go with a few Doran's Rings before building the Frozen Heart.

Ferga

When I ali jungle, i get blue then gank top,mid then bot.

On some occasions, everyone on the enemy lanes dies in those ganks. Ali jungle is probably the most demoralising thing for teams when done well. Love it to bits!

and why is the spotlight out before the patch notes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom