• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Whenever I pick GP, top or jungle, everyone gives me a lot of jazz for it, but he's one of my favourites.

Bu-bu-but the pros don't use him anymore! That MUST mean he's no longer viable.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
4pl tournament with the biggest teams in EU and NA starting in a few minutes:
http://www.own3d.tv/live/224060/4PL_TV
First match is CLG vs AL. As far as I can tell it CLG NA, so this should be very interesting considering the changes they just made.
Edit: I was wrong, it CLG eu, but if should still be a good match :)

Blizzard

Banned
4pl tournament with the biggest teams in EU and NA starting in a few minutes:
http://www.own3d.tv/live/224060/4PL_TV
First match is CLG vs AL. As far as I can tell it CLG NA, so this should be very interesting considering the changes they just made.
Edit: I was wrong, it CLG eu, but if should still be a good match :)
Thanks for the heads up. It seems to be SK versus M5 currently. The M5 kogmaw is not shooting very many minions compared to the urgot, and SK has a huge 1.4k gold advantage.

*edit* Actually SK is hugely outfarming M5 regardless.

Blizzard

Banned
M5 got absolutely destroyed. SK has like 1900 kills and M5 only had 10. Soraka and Nocturne are feeding too much, need more tanks and damage! 40 minutes in, kogmaw has two dorans and an infinity edge (or is that normal damage levels for kogmaw).

Blimblim

The Inside Track
M5 really needs to do something about Gosu Pepper. He's a great support, but only when he's actually playing. That whole Moscow4 thing was funny the first time it happened with TSM, but now it's just annoying. Not that they would have won that second match, but still.

Tank Xin...?
SA3pu.jpg

I think I've found some kind of rhythm with my games. I used to just focus on one champ for a while. But now I rotate champs around and getting pretty good results. I could maintain a green match history now (~70-80%) compared to mostly red before where I went winless for days.

I kinda regret buying Ezreal. I found him fun before so I bought him but I'm not liking him right now. I really wish I bought Udyr instead. Not to mention I already have so many other AD carries even though I prefer tanky roles. He just feels... weak? I tried skipping Sheen to rush standard AD carry setup but he felt really weak. His passive steroid is kinda eh since it means having to pass up on crit attacks to pew pew some Qs.

KqTCR.jpg

It really makes me happy whenever no one instapicks an AD carry. It really feels like we have a much more chance of winning when no one wants to be a superhero.

Blizzard

Banned
M5 just seems really bad in comparison. Gosu Pepper in particular is 2/6/6 and lee sin jungling is 1/5/3. The rest of the team was ok except they didn't ban shen and vlad fed 3 kills top after getting the first turret. =/ M5 started with like a 3k-4k gold advantage and now they're down by nearly 5k.

*edit* Vlad has fed 4 kills, tried to 1v1 shen yet again, lol.

M5 got crushed two out of three games, even though they started out ahead in the third game. Only their AP mid (and AD when they are playing ezreal) seem decent.

Volimar

M5 just seems really bad in comparison. Gosu Pepper in particular is 2/6/6 and lee sin jungling is 1/5/3. The rest of the team was ok except they didn't ban shen and vlad fed 3 kills top after getting the first turret. =/ M5 started with like a 3k-4k gold advantage and now they're down by nearly 5k.

*edit* Vlad has fed 4 kills, tried to 1v1 shen yet again, lol.

M5 got crushed two out of three games, even though they started out ahead in the third game. Only their AP mid (and AD when they are playing ezreal) seem decent.

Gosu Pepper's internet problems accounted for some of that. It's always kind of a sour taste when there are disconnects in tourneys...

Blimblim

The Inside Track
I agree with Panky (or was it studio?) here, I think M5 could have defended the SK push if Gosu Pepper had not disconnected yet another time. That sucks for M5, but also for the quality of the match we are watching :/

Blizzard

Banned
Gosu Pepper's internet problems accounted for some of that. It's always kind of a sour taste when there are disconnects in tourneys...
I didn't see him disconnecting in the first game, he just seemed to die a lot regardless. Also, the top lane dying repeatedly to shen, and the jungler dying (lee sin getting killed in his own jungle by wandering orianna, for instance) had nothing to do with gosu. In the second game, the other team had quad long-range ults and huge heal/sustain compared to taric, so I feel they had an advantage there too.

Blizzard

Banned
SK so sloppy v AL...
Yeah, they almost didn't get a turret at all the second game. Very one-sided, even though the kills were close early. That guy who played renekton and then vlad seems pretty good, considering stuff like the horribly failed gank with nautilus and ahri (ahri died and nautilus had to flee).

Slouisk

Neo Member
I kinda regret buying Ezreal. I found him fun before so I bought him but I'm not liking him right now. I really wish I bought Udyr instead. Not to mention I already have so many other AD carries even though I prefer tanky roles. He just feels... weak? I tried skipping Sheen to rush standard AD carry setup but he felt really weak. His passive steroid is kinda eh since it means having to pass up on crit attacks to pew pew some Qs.

Ezreal needs a solid early game I find. If you get slightly behind early game then its really hard to catch back up to most ad carries. However, that being said Ezreal snowballs REALLY well. If you get one kill in lane, you can expect to dominate the lane from there on. Since he relies so much on early dominance, I usually run flash ignite on him. Ezreal's key level is 2 I find. With e and q you can almost always get into a position where, if you have the right support, could get a kill. Otherwise, you often have bursted them enough to get into a great position in the lane. For this reason, taric, leona, and alistar make great kill lanes with Ezreal especially level 2. Another way of playing Ez is to focus on trading. Having somebody like Sona or Soraka really lets Ezreal's poking and trading abilities shine. But still, you want to focus on that level 2. Also his passive, a great way is to use your ulti or w to get all 5 stacks. If you just ulti in the beginning of the teamfight, you will get all 5 stacks. Especially mid to late game you will notice this as your damage will increase substantially.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
See here.

If re-install didn't work, then I guess you should make sure if you have the latest drivers on your vid card.

Did you submit a ticket to Riot Support regarding the issue?

I did...

but about the driver update... I won't do that again anytime soon...

It made the games I have installed look ugly. (although they are old games... it made them look worse)

I even told Riot that aswell.

---
Even If there is no soultion.. I'll be fine.. Playing LoL wasn't on the top of my list =3

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Make sure you clean everything out in your uninstall. Definitely check your app data folder and clear your registry entries.

Zissou

Does anyone knoe how Teemo's mushrooms work with AP and leveling up the ability? What I mean is- is the damage the mushroom will do when stepped on calculated based off of your AP and ability level when the shroom is placed? Or is the damage calculated when the shroom is stepped on based on Teemo's stats at that precise moment?

Koomaster

Does anyone knoe how Teemo's mushrooms work with AP and leveling up the ability? What I mean is- is the damage the mushroom will do when stepped on calculated based off of your AP and ability level when the shroom is placed? Or is the damage calculated when the shroom is stepped on based on Teemo's stats at that precise moment?
The time of detonation is when the stats are calculated. Previously placed shrooms will level/AP scale up with Teemo.

Zissou

The time of detonation is when the stats are calculated. Previously placed shrooms will level/AP scale up with Teemo.

Cool, thanks for the reply. I looked at a number of Teemo guides and his info on lolwiki, but I couldn't find it mentioned anywhere. Is that typical of traps that can be placed, like Caitlyn's/Nidalee's/etc., and since it's a more general LoL mechanic, no one saw the need to mention it in character specific guides? I guess it doesn't matter as much, since Teemo seems to built straight AD anyway, but I was curious.

Koomaster

Cool, thanks for the reply. I looked at a number of Teemo guides and his info on lolwiki, but I couldn't find it mentioned anywhere. Is that typical of traps that can be placed, like Caitlyn's/Nidalee's/etc., and since it's a more general LoL mechanic, no one saw the need to mention it in character specific guides? I guess it doesn't matter as much, since Teemo seems to built straight AD anyway, but I was curious.
From what I understand it's for all trap-like things that Champs place.

Not sure why guides don't mention it. Maybe people just assume one way or another and go with it; or it's just not that big of a deal to mention in a guide or something.

I know Teemo had to be fixed in a patch like a year or so ago because his mushrooms were NOT doing this and it was considered a bug.

Zissou

From what I understand it's for all trap-like things that Champs place.

Not sure why guides don't mention it. Maybe people just assume one way or another and go with it; or it's just not that big of a deal to mention in a guide or something.

I know Teemo had to be fixed in a patch like a year or so ago because his mushrooms were NOT doing this and it was considered a bug.

Even if it won't come into play very often, it's nice to know. It matters a lot more for Teemo vs. the other champs I mentioned since you can potentially have so many shrooms on the map at a time. I didn't start playing until fairly recently, so it makes sense that I wouldn't be aware of the patch you mentioned. Thanks again.

garath

Slouisk already laid it out very well but to add to what he said, Ezreal is a little different than the other carries as he's not a stand up and burst champ at all. He's poke poke poke poke. His E gives him some very good mobility when you do wear down the opponent you can jump to him and finish him off without much warning.

Really focus on that early game and farm well. I usually try to harass the support hiding in the bushes to keep them on their toes (unless it's Soraka) as a smart AD carry will hide behind the creep wave. If someone gets low, don't be afraid to jump in and get that kill. He snowballs great and in teamfights you can rip them up with the high attack speed and the ability to E out of danger and get right back in it.

I also love his ult for getting the runner or contributing to teamfights even if I'm not there. REALLY satisfying to fire off that ult and a few seconds later see a kill pop up. :)

Vanillalite

EZ seems similar to Varus to an extent in that they both are skill shot champs that IMO would do really well if we ever actually get that mythical AD Caster item.

In general though my biggest problem is I don't think ad skill shot champs do enough added dps verses the the risk they take having their main skill be a skill shot verses an automatic hit. There isn't enough reward verses the risk you can take compared to other ad champs that get basically guaranteed dps from their auto attack and their abilities.

I know a vast majority of people disagree with this view though.

y2dvd

I've actually found my love again for Ezreal lately. Slouisk and garath touched up on him well. He's not the easiest ad carry but he's the most satisfying to win with because of it. I've been typically starting with boots and 3 pots. This gives me mobility to position Q or E and zone better. From there I go 2 dorans ring and Sheen. The reason why I don't go berserker boots right away is because most ad range will out dmg you in an auto-attack game. Ezreal is more about bursting with Q and E. Sheen is also perfect for it and cheaper to get more dmg out of than BF Sword. If I'm doing great in gold, I'll then get my BF Sword. If I need more sustain, I'll get Vampire Specters, Frozen Mallet, and upgrade boots at some point.

Using his ult correctly is key. What you don't want to do is ult nearby an enemy. Due to the start up time, you are prone to disables. I typically just walk way behind my teammates, wait for team to engage, then ult and clean up whats left. Stealing Baron with it feels so good. I once stole Baron with it 3 times in one game with it. :D

I'd say stick with Ez a little longer. He's more difficult to play but so rewarding to win with.

garath

I've actually found my love again for Ezreal lately. Slouisk and garath touched up on him well. He's not the easiest ad carry but he's the most satisfying to win with because of it. I've been typically starting with boots and 3 pots. This gives me mobility to position Q or E and zone better. From there I go 2 dorans ring and Sheen. The reason why I don't go berserker boots right away is because most ad range will out dmg you in an auto-attack game. Ezreal is more about bursting with Q and E. Sheen is also perfect for it and cheaper to get more dmg out of than BF Sword. If I'm doing great in gold, I'll then get my BF Sword. If I need more sustain, I'll get Vampire Specters, Frozen Mallet, and upgrade boots at some point.

Using his ult correctly is key. What you don't want to do is ult nearby an enemy. Due to the start up time, you are prone to disables. I typically just walk way behind my teammates, wait for team to engage, then ult and clean up whats left. Stealing Baron with it feels so good. I once stole Baron with it 3 times in one game with it. :D

I'd say stick with Ez a little longer. He's more difficult to play but so rewarding to win with.

Interesting build. I usually go boots/3, then 1-2 dorans blades then either Phage if I have a good lead (slow proc is great for getting a few more kills) or Sheen for a little more damage. Then finish trinity force and build AD carry from there (either Bloodthirster or IE + vamp scepter). The Trinity force is the key to it all. Great damage on Ezreal.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
See here.

If re-install didn't work, then I guess you should make sure if you have the latest drivers on your vid card.

Did you submit a ticket to Riot Support regarding the issue?

Found the soultion:

Fast Terrain: Disable

It was already Disabled.. and when I enabled it I see everything in tutorial basic..
Although the Store is till a bit blurry when in tutorial battle.

I also did update my graphics card but I noticed something strange.
Under Graphics hardware used to be: A6-34xx MX series
Now it shows: 0x1002 - 0x9647 PCIE
Is this normal?

(also I know why all my old games on steam looked worse.. I disabled "AMD AVT Cmd.exe"on start-up..)

garath

So I'm really happy with Akali. She's a pretty darn good pubstomper. I've been playing her top, middle and sometimes even bottom (when I've picked and the whole rest of the team just grabs whatever the heck they want). She needs a strong early game but I've been able to get it most times. She 1v1s very well once she hits 6 and with a decent gank she can get that kill even earlier.

Most games I'm getting 12+ kills with few deaths and got my first Pentakill not too long ago :)

The only major problem with her is she's an assassin. Even when I'm super fed, I'm not going to be diving in the middle of a teamfight and carrying it to a win. I'll be on the edges picking off the squishies. Need a good enough teamcomp that they can dish out the damage, or at least survive long enough for me to do the damage.

Still, one of the most fun champs I've played :) This unit is a flippin' ninja.

Blizzard

Banned
Everyone in the world but me has a pentakill. :( I've never gotten over quadra, even with riven and katarina and annie (might have a quadra with each of them).

Okay not everyone in the world has a pentakill. That was merely an exaggeration.

Also, I feel like Akali is one of the more hated champions, or used to be before she was nerfed (I think she was nerfed?). Used to be banned all the time just because she was so annoying to fight? More recently I have become happier about seeing her, since certain champions like garen, riven, and katarina should be able to beat her. It's super satisfying to have the dead akali be like HOW DID YOU SEE ME in all chat, upon which you have to explain the concept of pink wards.

garath

Everyone in the world but me has a pentakill. :( I've never gotten over quadra, even with riven and katarina and annie (might have a quadra with each of them).

Okay not everyone in the world has a pentakill. That was merely an exaggeration.

Also, I feel like Akali is one of the more hated champions, or used to be before she was nerfed (I think she was nerfed?). Used to be banned all the time. More recently I have become happier about seeing her, since certain champions like garen, riven, and katarina should be able to beat her. It's super satisfying to have the dead akali be like HOW DID YOU SEE ME in all chat, upon which you have to explain the concept of pink wards.

Quadra is good too!

Akali definitely has her counters. Pink ward is one of them. I actually laned against a twitch as Akali and I ruined his day with pink wards. Akali burst > twitch. He even bought an oracles because he was getting so frustrated. Unfortunately it only lasted until he popped out of stealth attacking me.

Despite those counters though she still wrecks house in most games. I wouldn't even consider myself that good with her yet. Working on it though :p

Vanillalite

Also, I feel like Akali is one of the more hated champions, or used to be before she was nerfed (I think she was nerfed?). Used to be banned all the time just because she was so annoying to fight? More recently I have become happier about seeing her, since certain champions like garen, riven, and katarina should be able to beat her. It's super satisfying to have the dead akali be like HOW DID YOU SEE ME in all chat, upon which you have to explain the concept of pink wards.

I haven't gotten a penta either. I've gotten a few quads, but never a penta. I tend to role support as of late though so that kills my chances of getting even a double kill usually. LOL

Hero

Akali got some slight nerfs but also nerfs to her core build items like hextech and stuff. Haven't played her in a while but I think she's still extremely powerful. A lot of people switched over to Ahri though since her ultimate is a bit better.

Vanillalite

Top 5 LoL Wishes:
(In No Order)

- Soraka Art Rework
- Release that rumored new AD Caster Item
- Slight buff to skill shot champs (need more reward for the miss/dodge risk)
- Buff/Rework some of the non bruiser/tanky melee champs like Yi to better fit the current meta
- Rebuff towers (I feel it's waaayyy to easy to tower dive now with little consequence)

I've played LoL for 2.5 years now and I still don't have an official Penta. I have gotten an unofficial one with Kat before though.

Zissou

Ugghhhh.... why do certain runes cost so much! I'm looking at you spell vamp quints...

I think I want something like 30,000 IP worth of runes right now, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom