• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

brian!

cmon guys we all know instant cc is better than delayed and extremely escapable cc

with instant cc you can flash after them

Wait, I'm confused...someone just pointed out that you'd have to be level 30. How are you doing matched team games at low levels, where each team has theme names?

My friends and I all made accounts with those names. The other teams we faced were also five people queued up together in normals who happened to have theme names. We were surprised both times haha.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Man I have GAD (general anxiety disorder) as it is, but I freak out and cancel queing up so many times for ranked after a few wins. LOL

I'm basically like omg I have like 2 or 3 wins in a row. Something bad is BOUND to happen next game. Then I quickly quit out before I can be matched. LOL

EDIT: Ohhh SNAPS PATCH PREVIEW!!!

I love how they just randomly rework Ashe, but we are still waiting on the Soraka art rework that was promised like a year ago. :/

Also new art style seems to give a fps boost because I swear it's not as detailed in some aspects. I thought that from that vid someone posted a page or so back. I could be crazy though.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I like the upgrades, but the ground is a bit too busy. They went a bit too far on the doodads, it's almost as messy as HoN now.

New ashe is really hot.

Haly

Oh wow, so basically they're saying straight up "if you want to play ranked you need to pay us money".

Inskipp

Oh wow, so basically they're saying straight up "if you want to play ranked you need to pay us money".
All they did was remove free rotation- champs from ranked solo. You can still use rotation champs on every other mode, including ranked teams.

Haly

I don't think a new level 30 is going to have an established team to dick around on ranked. It kind of seems like a dick move.

Okay this is pretty funny from my point of view:

Axe said:
Battle Hunger: Enrages an enemy unit, causing it to be slowed and take damage over time until it kills another unit or the duration ends. Axe gains movement speed for each unit affected with Battle Hunger.
Darius said:
Hemorrhage (Innate): Darius' basic attacks and damaging abilities cause enemies to bleed for 12 / 15 / 18 / 21 / 24 / 27 / 30 / 33 (+0.4 per bonus attack damage) magic damage over 5 seconds, stacking up to 5 times.
Darius gains 5% movement speed for each bleeding enemy champion.
Darius said:
Decimate (Active): Darius deals physical damage to all nearby enemies in a circle around him. Champions in the outer half of the ability are struck by the blade, taking 50% additional damage.
Axe said:
Counterhelix: When attacked, Axe performs a helix counter attack, dealing damage to all nearby enemies.
Apprehend (Passive): Darius gains armor penetration.
(Active): Darius pulls in all enemies in front of him
Axe said:
Berserker's Call: Axe taunts nearby enemy units, forcing them to attack him, while he gains bonus armor during the duration.
Darius said:
Noxian Guillotine (Active): Darius leaps to target enemy champion and strikes a lethal blow, dealing true damage. For each stack of Hemorrhage on the target, Noxian Guillotine deals an additional 20% damage.
The cooldown is refreshed if Noxian Guillotine kills the target.
Axe said:
Culling Blade: Axe spots weakness and strikes, dealing moderate damage but instantly killing an enemy unit with low health. When an enemy unit is killed in this way, Axe and nearby allied units gain bonus movement speed.

I feel ashamed for giving Riot the benefit of the doubt regarding Darius/Axe.

Blizzard

Banned
"Dicking around" is something Riot wants to reduce in soloq.
As someone who plays lots of ranked, I applaud this decision. There are already so many leavers etc. in ranked, getting rid of the "omg free week cass" effect is a great idea. People can still buy cheap champions with IP and play them for the first time in ranked to lose regardless, so it's not even preventing you from screwing over your team if you want to.

I don't think a new level 30 is going to have an established team to dick around on ranked. It kind of seems like a dick move.

1) Good. You shouldn't head into Ranked straight off the bat, it's a terrible idea. Besides, IP gain is increased on the march to 30, they should have at LEAST two champions (Tristana and Alistar) unlocked in addition to any they purchase with IP.

2) Similar is not the same.

XeroSauce

They have almost nothing in common, and I'm not seeing Darius players playing how they would play Axe.

Other then the speed boost, and it's not even acquired in the same way.

Ken

How do you beat Master Yi once he's goes into "alpha-strike chop chop chop everyone dies highlander to escape everything" mode?

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
How do you beat Master Yi once he's goes into "alpha-strike chop chop chop everyone dies highlander to escape everything" mode?

Stun and focus fire. If he can easily kill everyone, either no one target him (lol) or he is super mega fed and farmed.

y2dvd

Yep, sounds like Axe, who actually was one of my favorite heroes in dota. It's funny how he was able to tank a creep wave at lvl 1.

Merovin

That's it, I give up with ranked. I'm sick of people going afk. Every single game I play at the moment, someone on my team if afk, and yet we still lose ELO.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Who's a good top character GAF? I never go top cause I don't really have/play anyone in that role. Well besides Shen who's bant 99% of then time.

Inskipp

Who's a good top character GAF? I never go top cause I don't really have/play anyone in that role. Well besides Shen who's bant 99% of then time.
Riven is probably one of the best top laners currently, as she scales very well and can adapt to any match-up in lane. Can also jungle effectively.

Blizzard

Banned
That's it, I give up with ranked. I'm sick of people going afk. Every single game I play at the moment, someone on my team if afk, and yet we still lose ELO.
It's super unfortunate. In THEORY, some of those games one of the other team's players will be afk, but sometimes they all end up on your own time. 3v5 and you still lose ELO, yay!

*edit* Garen is another top lane champion who is in theory pretty easy to learn.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
It's super unfortunate. In THEORY, some of those games one of the other team's players will be afk, but sometimes they all end up on your own time. 3v5 and you still lose ELO, yay!

*edit* Garen is another top lane champion who is in theory pretty easy to learn.

he is easy to learn.
step 1) poke.
step 2) are you almost dead yet? if not repeat step 1)
step 3) fall back and heal.
step 4) go back to step 1
step 5)?????
step 6)profit.
play with gaf then?

Blizzard

Banned
he is easy to learn.
step 1) poke.
step 2) are you almost dead yet? if not repeat step 1)
step 3) fall back and heal.
step 4) go back to step 1
step 5)?????
step 6)profit.
Someone went first time garen in ranked today and were 90 CS behind their laning matchup, so it's not necessarily that easy. They acted like they didn't know how to kill minions or something, and would just stay back out of XP range and end up 2-4 levels under.

play with gaf then?
And hope you don't get one of the GAF people who ragequits, or that Blizzard guy who is afk during champion select. :mad:

Also, 8-minute login queue, must be because everyone is playing Diablo 3.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Someone went first time garen in ranked today and were 90 CS behind their laning matchup, so it's not necessarily that easy. They acted like they didn't know how to kill minions or something, and would just stay back out of XP range and end up 2-4 levels under.

And hope you don't get one of the GAF people who ragequits, or that Blizzard guy who is afk during champion select. :mad:

Also, 8-minute login queue, must be because everyone is playing Diablo 3.
i don't think solo que carrys over from one game to another. its not an std. unless you had sex with diablo 3 o_O

also thats just a shitty person to play with. why would you first time with any charc in ranked. i have yet to play ranked just cuz i wanna be an awesome fiora before i play.

Big changes in the pro scene today, should shake things up quite a bit.

CLG: Loses jungler Saintvicious, picks up top lane Voyboy, moves top lane HotshotGG to jungle (allegedly).

Dignitas: Loses top lane Voyboy, picks up top lane Crumbzz

Curse: Loses Jungler Crumbzz, picks up jungler Saintvicious.

Should make tonight's CLG game in the Curse invitational interesting if nothing else.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
So basically Curse came out on top and everyone else is scrambling to fill the roles.

XeroSauce

CLG: Loses jungler Saintvicious, picks up top lane Voyboy, moves top lane HotshotGG to jungle (allegedly).

Should make tonight's CLG game in the Curse invitational interesting if nothing else.

4chan losing their shit..going to be interesting seeing Voyboy play for CLG.

I'm too used to seeing crs Crumbzz..this is gonna be weird.

Haly

2) Similar is not the same.
Never said they were the same, but they are for more similar than I had first imagined when I read the skills.

It's the passive that really gets me, there are not many skills I can think of that puts a DoT on someone and grants movement speed depending on how many targets are DoT'd up. It was introduced to Axe as a way to help him keep up with targets because he doesn't have much going for him after blink taunt. And now Darius has it, and I can't help but feel his designers took some inspiration from Axe. I mean, buff angry man with a big axe that rushes in, snares people for your team (of course Riot tries to avoid hard disables as non-ultimate skills), and one shots people once they're below a certain level of health.

That really really sounds like Axe, both thematically and technically.

red13th

Wow those are some crazy trades.

Blizzard

Banned
From April 13, when I was probably about 690 elo:
I know this is a terrible idea, but I'm actually considering it since my ranked elo is so in the basement that she's probably viable: I kind of want to learn katarina.

Today, after learning katarina and playing her in (probably) most ranked games since then:

kat_32qj6h.png

This is the highest elo I have ever had, since I started at 1200 and only went downhill. I no longer feel like I'm carrying with kat however, since good games I will go maybe 13/7/20, 11/3/10, 12/3/5, rather than 15-20 kills like some of the lucky early games. Average/bad games, I'm only perhaps in the 2-8 kill range. I'm trying to work on being a better farmer, maybe? But I also need to focus on ganking other lanes when I can do so without losing mid turret. Also, a lot of the time I get lucky and get carried -- in the latest game today, I got lucky and their garen kept disconnecting, so riven was like 6/0 starting the game.

But hey, I outfarmed Veigar, and that's 500+ elo and a 69.7% win ratio with kat out of 99 kat ranked games. :) Not great, but probably better than I used to be.

Dobkeratops

OT Hard Carry
^ Now that you've climbed back up, it's time to fall down again :D

Did a game on these servers tonight:

XtYuH.png

Nowhere near the level of success I can seem to get in EU, but with the horrible lag I expected to feed like a boss. Might as well save it for posterity.

Wish I could screencap the Mumble commentary because I was in tears. Probably lost a few braincells too but it's not like I was using them anyways.

Darius looks awesome, damn you Riot for trying to luring me by releasing a sexier Garen.
Shitty skin though.
I liked the teaser image because he kind of reminded me of Chris from RE5. Kinda.

But then I saw the splash art and I was a bit disappointed. The best male highlight from this game so far was watching the Varius art spotlight :D

so crazy. EG just won game 1 against CLG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom