• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferrio

Banned
Besides her passive being useless. She has no escape, also unless you get some mov speed all you have to do is walk away or stun her or slow her to avoid her E. And to avoid her ulti you just need an hourglass and stand under a turret cuz she is still attackable while she flys around the map. She's no help in team fights cuz if she gets focused, she's dead.

It's not her fault it's the metas. Her character is fine, and needs no changes. You have to realize she's an ad carry melee, and those can easily be torn apart in this game. On the same coin she can completely wreck teams if you play your cards right.

Also ulting them under their tower is perfectly doable with her. Turret doesn't target her.

XeroSauce

Uh... ya he is least more than sej. He has a shield skill. High cooldown though.

Sej has better base health, better base armor, the same base and scaling MR, better scaling health regen, and the same scaling health at level 18.

Yea Naut has a shield, but it's based off his max health while Naut is a resistance based champion, and it has a fairly high cooldown. Having a shield doesn't make you tanky. :/

Naut has some of the worst starting armor in the game. Sej is also faster, naturally and with W.

Uh... ya he is least more than sej. He has a shield skill. High cooldown though.

His tankiness starts coming at later levels. Early on he's so squishy.

edit: xerosauce beat me to the punch sigh.

Anyways I like playing him as a bot support. I got to start practicing jungle with him more once I finish up my jungle rune set.

double edit: I'm going to avoid double posting. I got some questions regarding Sej.

I bought her knowing she's not that great atm but the low price and possibility of her getting buffed in the future convinced me to get her because I think she does seem like an interesting champ to play. Does anyone have any tips to play her. I've only seen her in two games in my whole time playing league and both times they gg'd so I never got to see her in a team fight or do a gank.

Inskipp

Had an interesting game in Ranked. Picked Riven for top-lane, everything went smooth until our 3rd/4th picks both instalock in AD- carries. Due to already having every other role (cept support/jungle) filled, I went to jungle instead, and sent Vayne top.

Didn't turn out too bad.

xbGF8.jpg

Sej has better base health, better base armor, the same base and scaling MR, better scaling health regen, and the same scaling health at level 18.
Too bad her kit sucks.

Blizzard

Banned
Wait what? I saw a level 1 Nautilus with like 8 bars of health or something ridiculous. Maybe they had health runes though. I guess everyone is squishy. :(

Also, does anyone have that link to the guide that talked about input buffering or whatever? It was something that gave examples about things like Annie/Malz combos and the number of commands you can queue up (if any).

On an unrelated note, I feel like my farming and early laning and positioning and minion freezing and all that stuff are one of my biggest weaknesses or something. I'm not pro enough and I even get destroyed in kat vs kat combat.

Achtius

minion freezing?

also Darius, the Hand of Noxus:

Keiran Darkwill, the late Grand General's youngest son, remains one of the more ruthless aspirants in this dispute. He has successfully thwarted several assassination attempts, struck down his challengers, and rallied significant support behind his name. Only Darius, one of Noxus's most respected and feared Generals, has earned as much of a following within High Command as Keiran Darkwill. Many predicted the two would inevitably clash and that the victor would rise to the throne. Upon Jericho Swain's return, General Darius forged an immediate alliance with the famed Master Tactician.

TEASERdarius_thumb.jpg

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=24308871#post24308871

Blizzard

Banned
Every time they were killed, Varus and Miss Fortune would spawn with blue and red buffs; Varus with two each, and MF with just one each. We'd have the buffs at one point, but so would they, so it was "WTF."
Wow, I've never seen that before. Hopefully they got banned.

Inskipp

Yea, the only thing I see wrong with that is
Well, he never looked pretty to begin with, so not a huge loss.

I would recommend a re-install. If it is a corrupted install, I would wager that some of the champs and their particles got hit as well. I could be wrong however, so I say keep playing till you see anything else going wonky.

I recommend also submitting a ticket about the tutorial bug to Riot's player support. They're generally pretty fast with it and are generally eager to help you out.
I wouldn't be surprised if he has something that makes everyone aggro on him. Then has buffs based on defense items and/or health.
According to Morello, he's nothing like Axe.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Use to have like 4 then everyone bailed. Only the history of 1 of them remains since we managed to get a good rating for it. It's called naGAF.

R.I.P Achtius, ElectraStar, Bindww, Davidiscool and ufokidd.

People soon to join that list due to diablo: Jrizzle and Kiunch

We had some good times guys

:'(

sniff sniff

We can't hear you crying with all the gear dropping in dungeon.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Trying to stop ELO decay by playing a ranked match for the heck of it.

I saw Riven pick as top, and Katarina mid. My team picked Kennen, and I got my Ahri.

Kennen: So you go mid?
Me: Nah I counter Riven

-20 min later-

Ahri 0-4-1
Riven 4-1-0

-Jungle came to gang, I got nerves trying to redeem myself, ended up shooting charm to the wrong direction. Jungle had to flash in to take the kill from me-

Me: I guess this doesn't work at ranked =/
-A million shitting and apology later-
Kennen: Let's trade.

-Kennen got kill by 1 combo by riven, other team got 2 dragon-
-I head to mid, Kat QER 1 combo instant furry kill since she had double of my farm-

Team: I wish we had proper lane.

Result of this misery:
Du3ex.png

FK YEAH NAUT CARRY! They made a mistake of doing baron while our team is around, I guess they thought they are super fed. Riven got bursted, and the their team went downhill. Kat ult, lol janna/kennen.

Blizzard

Banned
I like going mid against Ahri with Katarina. I would think Ahri would destroy Riven but I guess not.

I can't get over 1106. Each time I get up there, something like this happens:

Game #1: Katarina mid versus Ahri. I'm doing fine against her, I think I outfarmed her, was outdamaging her, pushing the lane and damaging the turret. BOTH bottom lane people plus top lane person? 1 kill 9 deaths combined I think, early game, at best. Graves started getting kills but by then the other team was fed, had 2.5+ tanks (we had 1), and had blitz + alistar + ahri + warwick + varus CC. There's no stopping those combinations once they're farmed.

Game #2: Second game? Akali goes mid on the other team. I beg to go mid to fight akali, but nope, veigar overrules and goes mid. 4 deaths later, veigar's like YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW MUCH I FARMED THOUGH, DON'T WORRY GUYS I HAVEN'T EVEN HARASSED YET (meanwhile he has 20-30 fewer CS than akali). Then he's like FCUK YOU GUYS YOU MADE ME DO THIS and runs up mid lane as far as he can to feed a griefing kill. Combined mid + top lane? I think 5/29 by the end of the game, early game it was like 1/28. Top lane alone was 0/15 maybe?

How do you stop people from doing this? You can't make someone give you mid lane, and you can't override two lanes feeding nearly THIRTY KILLS. Bottom lane was doing fine but it was basically too late to salvage with a 20+ kills mejais akali + fiora.

Blizzard

Banned
Play more than one champ.
...what are you talking about? My best are top and mid lane champions, but I play other roles as needed. I played bottom lane champion in the game where bottom lane did well but the other two lanes were 1/28 or so.

How does my playing more than one champion prevent people from feeding 28 deaths? What is the connection?

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
...what are you talking about? My best are top and mid lane champions, but I play other roles as needed. I played bottom lane champion in the game where bottom lane did well but the other two lanes were 1/28 or so.

How does my playing more than one champion prevent people from feeding 28 deaths? What is the connection?

No, he means you need to literally play two champions at once.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
It's not her fault it's the metas. Her character is fine, and needs no changes. You have to realize she's an ad carry melee, and those can easily be torn apart in this game. On the same coin she can completely wreck teams if you play your cards right.

Also ulting them under their tower is perfectly doable with her. Turret doesn't target her.

This something I struggle with a ton. A lot of characters are "broken" but only in regards to the current meta mainstay. That being said Riot seems to be intent on keeping the meta around. They like it, and they seem to me at least think it's their preferred way for the game to play out.

So if that's the case then it makes me want to change "broken" into broken. It's not that a bunch of the characters are bad, but the play styles just don't fit the way Riot has liked the game to evolve to. In that sense it makes me think more champs need to be reworked to fit into the current meta landscape even if in and of themselves on their own they aren't bad champs.

I'll probably get a ton of flack from taking this stance though.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Fiora's passive is decent, especially considering her skillset. The only change I'd make to her is to give the passive a bit more scaling, and to allow Riposte to deflect projectile based skills as well.

And possibly a lower cooldown on her ult at earlier levels.

Somax

Still waiting for Amazon delivery of D3, so I am still playing!
Tuesday was ridicolous, with minutes of waiting for a ranked game, lol! And Diablo 3 was on full "omg queues" mode in that period, so people were just trying to get in instead of doing something else... one of my buddies gave up and joined me and my other diabloless buddies (everybody waiting for the amazon delivery, we couldn't stand spending 60€ for a PC game)

XeroSauce

I love getting people on my team who die and go "I don't give a fuck I'm drunk"

I'm generally playing with my friends anyways so it's a good laugh when drunk Varus tries to solo Baron at level 11

Blizzard

Banned

I'm generally playing with my friends anyways so it's a good laugh when drunk Varus tries to solo Baron at level 11
Yeah, insteead of ranked drunk, the thing I typically run into is ranked and high, as in "Hey guys just warning u im blazed", or a guy who went afk for like 5-10 minutes in spawn, yet immediately voted yes when surrender came up (so we knew he was there).

Turns out he had a family emergency. That family emergency was apparently that he was caught smoking weed and had to stop playing immediately or something.

This is the wonder of ranked.

It would be very entertaining to hear one of the D3 fanboys defend this.
There's a giant thread discussing that, probably best if we don't bring it in here as well. =/ I don't have D3 and am not really interested in it, so I will presumably keep playing LoL.

XeroSauce

Yeah, insteead of ranked drunk, the thing I typically run into is ranked and high, as in "Hey guys just warning u im blazed", or a guy who went afk for like 5-10 minutes in spawn, yet immediately voted yes when surrender came up (so we knew he was there).

Turns out he had a family emergency. That family emergency was apparently that he was caught smoking weed and had to stop playing immediately or something.

This is the wonder of ranked.

There's a giant thread discussing that, probably best if we don't bring it in here as well. =/ I don't have D3 and aren't interested in it, so I will presumably keep playing LoL.

Okay, no, it SUCKS in ranked, especially when they blame their feeding on bring under the influence.

But it's hilarious when they are legit too high to play and the try to jungle with Anivia

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™

There is a big diffrence between drunk and dumbass. He kept rushing in and getting me killed.

I have to learn when to help mates and when not.

Hey! I just picked up this game a week or so ago and have played about a dozen matches against bots with friends and having fun. I'm starting to learn about how a round should play out. I'm wondering who is a good character for a beginner whos playstyle is to mainly farm a lane and buy awesome equipment?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom