• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Q8D3vil

Ugghhhh.... why do certain runes cost so much! I'm looking at you spell vamp quints...

I think I want something like 30,000 IP worth of runes right now, lol

get the global runes first (armor, magic resist, armor pen and magic pen) then get everything else

Zissou

I think I've got the essentials covered, so now I'm going for more fringe stuff :p

I want runes for Kennen specifically- need a strong top champ, and I still haven't found one that I really like who can carry.

Zissou

Energy Regen Yellows and Spell Vamp Quints? That's what I've heard for him.

Yeah, that's the plan. Total cost just for the yellows and quints is 13,530. I'll probably grab the quints first to mess around with them on other champs while I save up for the energy regen seals.

XeroSauce

Yeah, that's the plan. Total cost just for the yellows and quints is 13,530. I'll probably grab the quints first to mess around with them on other champs while I save up for the energy regen seals.

God damn. Yea that's a lot, I'd suggest the Quints as well since they are much more noticeable.

I've been meaning to get a set of CDR blues for a while now but they are so expensive. :/

I know opinions are split on this, but I really, really like Tier 1 runes for when Tier 3 are just ridiculously expensive and I want to try out something new.

A full Tier 1 page is, like, what 800 IP or something?

XeroSauce

I know opinions are split on this, but I really, really like Tier 1 runes for when Tier 3 are just ridiculously expensive and I want to try out something new.

A full Tier 1 page is, like, what 800 IP or something?

I asked this same question months ago, and here's the issue.

The Tier 1 runes you buy have nearly no impact on the gameplay in comparison to the Tier 3 runes. 800 IP is Ip that can go towards 2 400s or 4 200 Tier 3 runes.

The argument was "Hey, I want to try a new strategy without spending too much", but the problem is that the runes are so weak that at Level 30 play, they dont change your gameplay in a significant way for you to determine if they are good or not.

The only reason we let new players buy them is because learning how the rune system works is essential for learning the game. Tier 1 runes are made for that, they are teaching tools.

Just buy Tier 3, you'll make the IP back. Yoy can combine them later to gamble for some quints if you end up not using them.

Zissou

I got lvl1 runes up until I was 20, and then got as many lvl3s as I could afford. It was nice to have the lvl1s to fill in the gaps until I had the IP to replace them, but now I don't see much reason to get lvl1s since it seems so hard to evaluate the efficacy of lvl3 runes based on them. If I'm following a guide and I can't do what's described in the guide, I can't know if my skills are lacking or my runes are lacking unless I have the proper lvl3s the guide calls for, right?

Boken

Banned
I think buying a tier 1 page is fine. It's about 55% effectiveness for 5% of the cost. Sure the 800 IP could've gone to TWO tier 3 runes, but you'll be waiting a long long time for the whole page.

So if you want to play that champ right away, t1 is ok. Ideally, you'd just play another champion until you have enough to buy a whole page.

AcridMeat

Banned
lBvZp.jpg

Had a quadra this game as well. He's probably OP, or just gels with my playstyle because I've gotten more triples/quadras with him than I had total with every champion combined already.

Posting this partly for the double heart of gold.

Blizzard

Banned
Had a quadra this game as well. He's probably OP, or just gels with my playstyle because I've gotten more triples/quadras with him than I had total with every champion combined already.

Posting this partly for the double heart of gold.
Carry me, Acrid. ;_; Also why do you never join chat anymore!

Also also, what runes/masteries do you use with him.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Since no one answered my question I guess that is normal for graphic driver updates..

After playing this for a while... It's not my type of game but I'll still give it time

garath

I don't know how other people play with so few! You need pages to cover each of five possible roles with multiple champs- I don't see how you could play with fewer than ten or so.

They're just expensive :(

I bought one individually, I'll possibly buy the 7 page bundle later but 6300ip or 500 or so RP is just steep. You're right though, could definitely use all of them. Sometimes I feel handicapped with just a std AD and AP page, especially when I'm jungling or using a non-standard champ.

Wrekt

Two of my favorite champs right now are mana-less AP champs, and my standard AP page comes with mana regen runes. All my friends have quit so I'm hesitant on spending cash on more RP, but 6300 IP is just way too expensive for a single page. I just don't know what to do.

garath

Two of my favorite champs right now are mana-less AP champs, and my standard AP page comes with mana regen runes. All my friends have quit so I'm hesitant on spending cash on more RP, but 6300 IP is just way too expensive for a single page. I just don't know what to do.

My standard AP page looks like this:

flat AP quint, flat magic pen marks, armor seals, MR glyphs. It gives me really good early game presence. I have to be cautious about mana but a couple doran's rings usually helps that.

The armor over magic regen is good against auto attacks and ganks. I can trade really well with that page.

They're just expensive :(

I bought one individually, I'll possibly buy the 7 page bundle later but 6300ip or 500 or so RP is just steep. You're right though, could definitely use all of them. Sometimes I feel handicapped with just a std AD and AP page, especially when I'm jungling or using a non-standard champ.

I treated myself to the bundle. I'd rather spent IP on champs and the runes themselves.

Rune pages are one of the few things in LoL that I outright dislike.

I thought other players could see your rune pages?

I'm not sure. I don't recall ever seeing an option for it.

Also, for some reason I am still amazed at how quickly ranked matches devolve into bickering about dumb things.

I think about 3 or 4/5 of my games involve teammates fighting it out throughout the match.

Ken

I'm not sure. I don't recall ever seeing an option for it.

Also, for some reason I am still amazed at how quickly ranked matches devolve into bickering about dumb things.

I think about 3 or 4/5 of my games involve teammates fighting it out throughout the match.

Search for another summoner to see their profile and you can click on their rune tab.

I got 6 pages and it's not enough imo. I need 1 or 2 more at least. To put it in perspective I have 5 for jungling and 1 fpr support. I can use some of those for solo top and AD but it's not ideal.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
I got 6 pages and it's not enough imo. I need 1 or 2 more at least. To put it in perspective I have 5 for jungling and 1 fpr support. I can use some of those for solo top and AD but it's not ideal.

i just turned level 30 and i only have 2 pages. and 1 page is actually using part of my jungling runes.

you guys are freaks...FREAKSSSS

AcridMeat

Banned
Carry me, Acrid. ;_; Also why do you never join chat anymore!

Also also, what runes/masteries do you use with him.
I think my mastery page for him is 23/0/7.

Funny people are talking rune pages, I still don't have a single full rune page. All I have is 9.something armor pen, a couple movement speed quints, some MR or armor, I can't remember the rest.

Wrekt

I cannot believe how bad this community is. I thought it was a vast improvement over DotA and HoN, but then I started exclusively playing ranked games.

Every single game one (or more often, both) teams just start flipping out with "OMG PLZ REPORT _____ FOR FEEDING ON PURPOSE." A guy got counter picked. He might have had a bad game. He got caught out of position one time. He didn't suddenly decide to throw a game away 40 minutes into it. Stop being such entitled little shits and just lose graciously once in your miserable little lives.

I cannot believe how bad this community is. I thought it was a vast improvement over DotA and HoN, but then I started exclusively playing ranked games.

Every single game one (or more often, both) teams just start flipping out with "OMG PLZ REPORT _____ FOR FEEDING ON PURPOSE." A guy got counter picked. He might have had a bad game. He got caught out of position one time. He didn't suddenly decide to throw a game away 40 minutes into it. Stop being such entitled little shits and just lose graciously once in your miserable little lives.

play with me
lose with me
weep with me
rage with me

I cannot believe how bad this community is.
For the last two nights I've had a bad game each.

Last night was just funny and horrible. I went Jax and had Kass lane with me against Jax+Shen. When the game started he went to our tower. I had to remind him he forgot to buy anything so he had to go back when minions just spawned. He played really stupid and aggressive. By around 8 mins he already died 3 times and only had 3cs. He then declared that he'll just go AFK because we (his teammates) sucked. After going AFK for 5 minutes he just intentionally fed.

I just muted him after his declaration while my teammates squabbled over the chat.

Gotta hate those kinds of players. They're the ones who has the mindset that he's better than everyone else. If his team starts losing he tells his teammates that they suck. If his team is winning he'll be the first to tell the enemy that they suck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom