• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Leak: AMD Ryzen 9950X wrecks 7950X in cinebench

SHA

I use an AMD rig and an sell computers with it. I sell more AMD than Intel since Zen 2 and after putting up hundreds of computers with Ryzens (and sometime low end Athlons too) I can assure you, you won't regret changing. No problems, at all. Intel since 11th gen is what AMD was with the FX line: Hot, expensive, and the higher end line is problematic.
How about emulators? Cause they used to favor intel but that's just old data and IPC have gotten 50 times better since then.

Xdrive05

Wonder what their mainstream gaming “9600(X)” 6 core 12 thread model will cost. Will they go for blood and make it dirt cheap?

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Sick! Will wait for gaming benchmarks but upgrading my 5900x to the X3D version if it's awesome.

Last edited:

Danknugz

Key word: Chipset. That isn't a CPU driver, its a chipset driver. You know, for the other chips on the motherboard.
as far as i'm aware chipset drivers do control certain aspects of CPU communication such as core scheduling and power management. but that's beside the point of my original post which was a response to someone saying windows idles too high CPU and heat, to which my response was it's probably AMD's garbage drivers (chipset or not, the point being AMD writes horrible drivers)

Dr.D00p

People should remember that such a big jump in this benchmark will likely be down to one thing, the AVX instruction set getting the full 512bit bandwidth, compared to the cut in half 256bit of the 70xx class Ryzens.

Cinebench makes full use of the AVX pipeline.

Game engines do not.

People hoping/expecting jumps in gaming performance of the same magnitude are likely to be very disappointed.

JCK75

I'm so happy to see them still killing it..
when I built my PC in 2018 I had a Ryzen 1700X, when it was not cutting it for my VR Games I upgraded on the same Mobo to a 3900X, about a month ago I noticed the bios added more CPU support and I upgrades yet again to a 5900X ..
It kind of blows my mind that I was able to go that many generations on one motherboard.

Top Bottom