• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Leaked By Marvel, Amaterasu and Thor are in MvC3

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
BTW in the comic con interview, they also avoided saying anything definitive about Strider. Take that as you will.

Dali

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
KevinCow said:
He should've just blatantly lied and denied Strider. Would've made his eventual reveal more exciting.
As much as this would hurt, I love when developers do this.

Strider confirmed, or maybe he's one of those characters they're leaving till the end to reveal. Perhaps Strider and Spidey at once as the final reveal would be best, just like the promotional artwork for MvC2.

Dai101

Banned
More Marvel 3 Announcements Coming Mid August

Ryota Niitsua, producer of Marvel vs Capcom 3, stated on the official MvC3 blog that we can expect more announcements about the game sooner than Tokyo Game Show.

"Capcom will not have a booth at next month's Gamescom event in Germany, but we'd like to make an announcement of some form, so please look forward to it."

Gamescom starts on August 18th, so hopefully we get to see more playable characters and a new build of the game.

http://shoryuken.com/content/more-marvel-3-announcements-coming-mid-august-1308/
http://www.capcom.co.jp/blog/mvsc3/

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Sweet. I was bummed we wouldnt get any news about it after they pulled out of Gamescon.

TheOGB

Banned
Not really feeling the soundtrack as much anymore. I guess it's missing that 90's charm
if that even exists

I like Iron Man's theme, though. But seriously, Ryu's theme sounds like it deviated just a bit too far from the set path and got lost. Chun-Li's is fine, and I'll have to get used to Capt. America's.

Caj814

I think the Marvel side is sounding the best at the moment since they are sticking to the old arrangements at the moment while the Capcom side seems like they are experimenting with them.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Not to complain, but would somebody make a new thread with the latest news? (Silver Surfer, Strider rumor) Were not supposed to have news megathreads anymore, plus this one gives a hell of a wrong impression due to the title ("why are they still talking about Thor")

Dali

Raging Spaniard said:
Not to complain, but would somebody make a new thread with the latest news? (Silver Surfer, Strider rumor) Were not supposed to have news megathreads anymore, plus this one gives a hell of a wrong impression due to the title ("why are they still talking about Thor")
I thought Silver Surfer was squashed as a Deviantart rip.

Raging Spaniard said:
Maybe they don't want to make threads for false rumors.

Caj814

Raging Spaniard said:

Probably best to wait until mid August when more announcements are planned to be made,or if Famitsu or any other magazines post an exclusive.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Raging Spaniard said:

We are waiting for, you know, a real new announcement, not rumors and speculation.

KevinCow said:
Because Thor is awesome.

Now let's talk about Thor some more.

THORRRRRR

Thor_3_DCP_0016.jpg

Fuck yeah.

How about we run with the team thing to speculate on who could be added?

Ryu, Chun- Li, Bison?, Rufus?, Seth?, C Viper? Personally want Rufus but Bison or Seth could be a shoe-in (writer mentioning Street Fighter villians).

Chris, Wesker?, Jill?, Sheva? Wesker seems like a fit (writer mentioning villians) wonder if we'll ever see 3 RE characters? Definetly won't be a monster after seeing the RE stage. Maybe Frank West can be an honorary member of Stars :lol

Mega Man, Zero?, Roll? Servebot? Roll and Zero (who was awesome) were in TVC, but while Servebot is in a background he does have a float in the NY level and is a fan favorite.

Wolverine, Magneto?, Storm?, Juggernaut? There's tons of possibilities here, but those three are the most popular from the last game.

Super Skrull, Dr Doom, Silver Surfer? I hope it's true, the whole hovering thing could be interesting.

Morrigan, Felicia, BB Hood?, Anakaris? Dimitri would be so awesome if he had the Midnight Bliss move where he turns everyone into a female hottie.

Dante, Trish, Vergil? Lady? Nero? I dig the last two but Vergil is so badass.

Spider-Man, Venom?, Doc Ock? Green Goblin? Carnage? I liked Venom so I hope he's back, Spidey has a large cast to pull from too. Would love to see Doc Ock.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
I would want a SF IV character for sure, somebody like Viper could be cool in this style. Sagat also hasnt made it to a vs. game yet ... not great for a person they call the king ...

KevinCow said:
I want Doc Ock vs. Rad Spencer.

Someone made a great suggestion I'd not thought of: they're holding back Spidey to announce him alongside Bionic Commando. Perfect rivalry there, although Doc Ock would be awesome as well. I'd also like to see Rad Spencer vs Bison (the whole dictator, Hitler thing).

RS, I think Sagat was in CvSNK2 if you want to count that. I think C. Viper would be awesome but personally I'd rather see Rufus because he's so over the top and likes to yell crazy stuff like "space opera symphony!".

Raging Spaniard

robut said:
Someone made a great suggestion I'd not thought of: they're holding back Spidey to announce him alongside Bionic Commando. Perfect rivalry there, although Doc Ock would be awesome as well. I'd also like to see Rad Spencer vs Bison (the whole dictator, Hitler thing).

RS, I think Sagat was in CvSNK2 if you want to count that. I think C. Viper would be awesome but personally I'd rather see Rufus because he's so over the top and likes to yell crazy stuff like "space opera symphony!".

Yeah he was, but so was most of the cast in that one. I meant it in a vs. Marvel sense, since they all get a "power boost" to compensate for the ridiculous Marvel characters,. Thats why Viper would be cool since she has Fire, electricity, etc.. put that on some Marvel power leveling and you can get some really cool effects :)

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Raging Spaniard said:
I would want a SF IV character for sure, somebody like Viper could be cool in this style. Sagat also hasnt made it to a vs. game yet ... not great for a person they call the king ...
I'm pretty sure the Capcom vs. SNK games count as Versus games.

Raging Spaniard said:

Juri would be a good fit, especially if Capcom needs more villian characters.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Raging Spaniard said:
Me too but I could never attach myself to any of the new characters in SF, though I think Viper would fit this kind of game ace and I'd rather her in as a more dynamic character than say Akuma or something. I agree with the notion of including Juri too.

I would be willing to make a MvC3 info thread that I'd keep updating once the next 'big news' hits mid-august.

Platy

Raging Spaniard said:

I want Captain Commando ... so I want Viper to stay OUT of this game ! =P

Platy said:

This and Jin Saotome...and how about some Hulk Buster Armor and Blodia to go toe to toe with Hulk and Juggernaut:D

Raging Spaniard

Platy said:

Oh for sure, I always go for new characters. Im just saying in general terms, not in a "pick one, motherfucker"

Platy

Not you, but the creators already said thounsand times that they are choosing more based on characters that would add new things to the roster ... in the meaning of "if we have ryu, no ken/akuma" and stuffs like that, wich makes a "if we have viper, no cap com"

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
BishopLamont said:
God damn this game looks so good, no fancy art style, just pure sex.
I think the art style is quite fancy...

..and I fucking love it. Just from an aesthetics stand point, and perhaps a technical one too, this game is freaking gorgeous. So many games have attempted the comic book art style and this has nailed it I think. Some of the level 3 supers are BEAUTIFUL. Iron Man's especially.

Hype is through the roof. And they should adhere to the "at least one character from each franchise" philosophy. I mean I love my X-Men, but variety seems to be the selling point for these kinds of games and someone like the dude from Bionic Commando would be a good way to round out the character list.

Still do want Venom, Storm and Magneto. The last two are pretty much a given.

Beth Cyra

So we are back to adding more Street Fighters eh? Why do we always come back to this when ever we don't have fresh news?

Raging Spaniard

Platy said:
Not you, but the creators already said thounsand times that they are choosing more based on characters that would add new things to the roster ... in the meaning of "if we have ryu, no ken/akuma" and stuffs like that, wich makes a "if we have viper, no cap com"

Sweet! More chances for this guy!

Section_Z_%28brochure%29.png

dbztrk

I'm hoping for Bison, Seth, Captain Commando, Pyron and Dimitri.

I would lalso ove some Star Gladiator characters as well. Specifically Bilstein. I love his character design and Capcom needs more villains for their side.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
dbztrk said:
I'm hoping for Bison, Seth, Captain Commando, Pyron and Dimitri.

I would lalso ove some Star Gladiator characters as well. Specifically Bilstein. I love his character design and Capcom needs more villains for their side.
As in Seth from SFIV? What would he add to the game exactly besides being your generic composite-moved boss placed in as a character?

I loved SFIV and SSFIV but none of those characters introduced I can see working in this kind of game apart from Viper, who I wouldn't put at the top of the list for requested characters anyways.

I went and read the whole history of Thanos yesterday too. Holy shit for someone so powerful how come he was generally ass to play in MvC2?

Top Bottom