• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Leaked By Marvel, Amaterasu and Thor are in MvC3

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
IntelliHeath said:
Capcom

Ryu
Chun Li
Morrigan
Felicia
Dante
Trish
Chris
Ammy
Frank West - Silhouette
V. Joe - Shilhouette
Megaman or any Robot - Stage

Marvel

Wolverine
Deadpool
C. America
Thor
The Hulk
Iron-Man
Super Skrull
Doctor Doom
Dormammu
Silver Surfer
Spider-Man - Silhouette

So we have "confirmed" 22 casts out of 30ish

Also there is rumor about bison and wesker.
Bison is a shoe in, considering what Ono said, and I really don't want more RE characters in the game if they're not Jill. Megaman character is a shoe-in too, and it'd be a crime for Zero not to be in.

Silver surfer always hovers?

id6lo3.jpg

GOD TIER CONFIRMED

TruePrime said:
The closest they have that would come close to the size and strength of Galactus is probably Mundus, Lord of Hell from Devil May Cry.

nowhere close. Galactus threatened to simply EAT hell when he fought Mephisto back in the day. :lol Mephisto backed down.

Galactus infected by the T-Virus.
Do it, Capcom!

galactus is technically just energy in a containment suit so...not really possible. (ignoring marvel zombies' galactus, which was a different character all together.)

:)

Dai101 said:
Maybe Pyron? He also consumes and collects planets and stuff like that, is a lesser man Galactus.

You know what that's actually pretty plausible. He may be the only closest equivalent.

(According to the Darkstalkers OVA he's pretty damn powerful, but I could still be wrong.)

juguhj.jpg

Once again though... I nominate Golden Toothpaste man.

333g4gk.jpg

GatorBait

enzo_gt said:
Bison is a shoe in, considering what Ono said, and I really don't want more RE characters in the game if they're not Jill. Megaman character is a shoe-in too, and it'd be a crime for Zero not to be in.
Too much overlap with Chris Redfield/Frank West and Jill, so I wouldn't count on her being in. People are speculating on Wesker because of comments from Wesker's voice actor and the game's writer. If not Wesker, it sounds like some RE villain is going to make it in.

Wesker may be worth it alone for his dialogue. I love the way Super Skrull basically talks trash to you all through the match, and I can only imagine how much worse Wesker would be.

EYEL1NER

So Silver Surfer huh? That's cool for the people who like him I suppose.
It looks like I'll probably be sticking with the Capcom side when this game drops, unless some of the remaining Marvel characters are truely badass.

vg260

This is shaping up to blow MvC2 away character-wise. I love the roster so far. A much more representative game of the Marvel Universe so far, and not just X-Men. Love the Capcom cast so far too.

Not a big Bison fan, but him and Wesker are a must to fill out the Capcom villains.

It's a shame Seth was such an abomination of a boss, or he could be a candidate. Capcom kinda screwed up in creating a bad guy people love to represent the modern series.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
2&2 said:
This is shaping up to blow MvC2 away character-wise. I love the roster so far. A much more representative game of the Marvel Universe so far, and not just X-Men. Love the Capcom cast so far too.

Not a big Bison fan, but him and Wesker are a must to fill out the Capcom villains.

It's a shame Seth was such an abomination of a boss, or he could be a candidate. Capcom kinda screwed up in creating a bad guy people love to represent the modern series.
Bison is a MUST. He is quintessentially an iconic Capcom villain. But therein lies the issues of finding a villain iconic enough and to the scale of Galactus to portray as the penultimate villain, especially since you could probably already play the likes of Bison and Magneto.

And I am in total agreement on how this character roster is looking to be much well rounded and unique than MvC2. I love MvC2 for the sheer amount of characters in the game but, somehow I can see myself enjoying MvC3 even more than MvC2. Hype has exceeded nostalgia for me.

Kusagari

The only Capcom villains I can think of that would be as imposing as Galactus would be a Darkstalkers villain like Jedah or Pyron.

Dai101

Banned
2&2 said:

Well, how about for a change another SF villian like Gill, or for Capcom villians Dr. Wily with his flying thingy.

shaowebb

I would really enjoy seeing some left field characters crop up on the Capcom side of this just to get some unique move sets. Maybe the girl from PN03 or Someone from Godhand. Not necessarily even Gene or Devil Hand per se, but Elvis would fill a void of a heavy slow guy with a good keep away game and health.

I doubt there will be much left fielding on this game, but if they do here are some games I would like to see hit upon for character ideas.

Chaos Legion
PN03
Godhand
Power Stone
Any Master Robot from Mega Man (Yellow devil for giant?)

If any left fielding happens from the Marvel side I hope its something along the lines of Bullseye, The Sentry, or Taskmaster. Someone we would know about, but wouldn't really suspect outright.

Anyone else got any underdog, left-field characters they would enjoy seeing in this game?

GatorBait

Dai101 said:
Well, how about for a change another SF villian like Gill, or for Capcom villians Dr. Wily with his flying thingy.
They could probably make Gill into a pretty awesome character given his cryo/pyrokinesis. He's not as well known and popular as Bison though, so I seriously doubt they'd put him in. I just hope they actually make Bison a bad ass in this game.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Absoludacrous said:
Did they say there was going to be a capcom equivalent boss? Apocalypse and Onslaught weren't followed by a capcom boss.
Yes. There is a Capcom-side boss, and a Marvel-side one too.

shaowebb said:
Anyone else got any underdog, left-field characters they would enjoy seeing in this game?

Capcom:
Zack and Wiki
a car from Auto Modelista
a dude from Saturday Night Slam Masters
Shantae
kid from Gotcha Force

Marvel:
Spider-ham
Uatu the Watcher
Aunt May
Wasp
Professor X

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
shaowebb said:
I would really enjoy seeing some left field characters crop up on the Capcom side of this just to get some unique move sets. Maybe the girl from PN03 or Someone from Godhand. Not necessarily even Gene or Devil Hand per se, but Elvis would fill a void of a heavy slow guy with a good keep away game and health.

I doubt there will be much left fielding on this game, but if they do here are some games I would like to see hit upon for character ideas.

Chaos Legion
PN03
Godhand
Power Stone
Any Master Robot from Mega Man (Yellow devil for giant?)

If any left fielding happens from the Marvel side I hope its something along the lines of Bullseye, The Sentry, or Taskmaster. Someone we would know about, but wouldn't really suspect outright.

Gene (Godhand) and Power Stone characters confirmed to not be in.

Phoenix Wright's place is at weird complicated situation, but I doubt he will make in due to storyline being completed right?

Beth Cyra

Manmademan said:
nowhere close. Galactus threatened to simply EAT hell when he fought Mephisto back in the day. :lol Mephisto backed down.

galactus is technically just energy in a containment suit so...not really possible. (ignoring marvel zombies' galactus, which was a different character all together.)

:)

If you noticed I said closest to. If we are going to look past relative to the two companies then there is simply nothing that Capcom has that should even be spoken in the same sentence as Galactus.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
robut said:
Capcom:
Zack and Wiki
a car from Auto Modelista
a dude from Saturday Night Slam Masters
Shantae
kid from Gotcha Force

Marvel:
Spider-ham
Uatu the Watcher
Aunt May
Wasp
Professor X
If they made this work, it'd be the greatest achievement ever accomplished in our time.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
enzo_gt said:
Amaterasu
Ryu
Chun-Li
Chris Redfield
Dante
Trish
Morrigan
Felicia
Viewtiful Joe
Frank

Wolverine
Hulk
Iron Man
Captain America
Thor
Doom
Super Skrull
Dormammu
Deadpool
Silver Surfer
(+ Spiderman who's safe to assume)

So we're at 10 per side for a total of 20 characters shown off excluding spidey. Damn that's a lot this far from release. I really wish they'd do something like the dojo and release say 2 pieces of info a week, and say a character per week as part of that.

Hype.

Something else has occurrd to me, who from the Capcom side is big and bad enough to stand next to fuckin Galactus? So far no one from the announced franchises seems like they have an epic enough of a boss. He'll even Shin Akuma would look just not as grand scale next to Galactus.

Morrigan and Amaterasu for one. Plus Dante, Trish and Joe wouldnt be too out of place.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
IntelliHeath said:
Gene (Godhand) and Power Stone characters confirmed to not be in.

Phoenix Wright's place is at weird complicated situation, but I doubt he will make in due to storyline being completed right?

He is a major character in Apollo Justice.

KAL2006

Banned
Left field characters I want to see from Capcom side

Arthur - Ghost and Goblins
Ryu - Breath of Fire
Spencer - Bionic Commando
Dr Willy - Mega Man
Mike Haggar - Final Fight/Slammasters
Wesker - Resident Evil
Samonosuke - Onimusha
Zak and Wiki - Zak and Wiki
Monster Hunter Hero (with Monsters) - Monster Hunter
Falcon - PowerStone
Regina - Dino Crisis

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
KAL2006 said:
Left field characters I want to see from Capcom side

Arthur - Ghost and Goblins
Ryu - Breath of Fire
Spencer - Bionic Commando
Dr Willy - Mega Man
Mike Haggar - Final Fight/Slammasters
Wesker - Resident Evil
Samonosuke - Onimusha
Zak and Wiki - Zak and Wiki
Monster Hunter Hero (with Monsters) - Monster Hunter
Falcon - PowerStone
Regina - Dino Crisis
Wesker isnt left field at all and Powerstone characters were confirmed to not be in.

Enk

makes good threads.
enzo_gt said:
Something else has occurrd to me, who from the Capcom side is big and bad enough to stand next to fuckin Galactus? So far no one from the announced franchises seems like they have an epic enough of a boss. He'll even Shin Akuma would look just not as grand scale next to Galactus.

My vote goes to Loki from Ghouls 'n Ghosts. Though he's still probably a shrimp compared Galactus's size.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Enk said:
My vote goes to Loki from Ghouls 'n Ghosts. Though he's still probably a shrimp compared Galactus's size.
Loki from Thor as a playable character would be even better.

I just read that the scan that confirmed Silver Surfer is probably fake. That's unfortunate, but it does seem to make sense because Niitsuma said earlier that he thought Silver Surfer would be hard to animate.

Sorry.

KAL2006

Banned
Some predictions

Spiderman and Spencer (from Bionic Commando) being announced at the same time, having both as rivals (with a cool cutscene similar to Dante VS Deadpool). Why should they be rivals, well both characters have swinging abilities, Spiderman with his web and Spencer with his bionic arm. EDIT: just realised Omega Red and Dr Octopus would also make good rivals against Spencer, though I still think Spiderman is a better rival, just becuase of the swinging.

Cyclops and Storm to be announced, to create a 3 person team (including Wolverine) of the X-Men. Remember the producer has said there will be special teams who have different dialogue when put together (e.g Avengers).

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Sir Ilpalazzo said:
I just read that the scan that confirmed Silver Surfer is probably fake. That's unfortunate, but it does seem to make sense because Niitsuma said earlier that he thought Silver Surfer would be hard to animate.

Sorry.
Source?

The fact that there will be no Rival Schools characters in MvC3 is incredibly demoralizing and undeniably horrific. Rival Schools characters are tailor made for cross over games, and there are so many great characters to choose from. Stop stifling us Capcom!

The only way I'll be appeased is for Capcom to make a new Rival Schools game. You can start now.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
After reading the source was 4chan for that, I was a bit skeptical to say the least but shitty photographed scans have been legit in the past and I believed it. Damn.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
http://www.siliconera.com/2010/07/3...-covers-character-selection-and-game-balance/

New interview with producer. Link courtesy of SRK. Holy shit lots of info and this:

Going back to the characters… my readers want to know about characters from Rival Schools, Gene from God Hand, and Strider. Can you comment about any of these?

[Laughs.] Actually, I was talking about this on the Capcom U-stream today and yesterday. I kinda got in trouble for saying too much. I already said there are no Rival Schools characters in this game.

As for Gene from God Hand, I have to put those rumors to rest as well. No Gene.

As for Strider, that remains to be seen.

WHAAAAAAT. OH SHIT. STRIDER!

Top Bottom