• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Leaked By Marvel, Amaterasu and Thor are in MvC3

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
HK-47 said:
His stage and silhouette?
Point taken.

Updated list (35 characters) + for new page:

amaterasu
ryu
chun

bison
volnutt
roll
zero
chris
wesker
dante
trish
morrigan
felicia
joe
(via silhouettes and t-shirt)
frank
frankalt_chuck
mike
arthur
wolverine
storm

cyclops
magneto
spider

venom
hulk
iron

ironalt_war
america
thor
doom
skrull

strange
dormammu (via t-shirt and 3:05 he blatantly appears in this extended trailer.)
deadpool
marvel

And Venom isn't that boring, it's just his character seems to have quite a bit of moves that don't feel "Venom" to me. Like the block shield, especially.

EDIT: Forgot this article that confirmed Storm and Magneto.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Whoops, fixed, but I added Storm and Magneto, that article was from way back and still hasn't been edited or fact-checked by Capcom. Unless I'm missing some de-confirmation by SKill or Capcom.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
enzo_gt said:
Whoops, fixed, but I added Storm and Magneto, that article was from way back and still hasn't been edited or fact-checked by Capcom. Unless I'm missing some de-confirmation by SKill or Capcom.

Mags hasnt been talked about at all to my knowledge and while there have been several hints towards Storm, there is nothing concrete like a spoken statement or a silhouette.

That list is extremely reasonable, if a little boring. Not like that other list people keep parading around.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Even if its perhaps questionable in credibility, the list seems well thought out to accommodate as many varied play styles as possible, apart from obvious clones who I think will appear as alternate "changed" versions of characters similar to Zero Suit Samus in SSBB. I'd rather give character slots such as Wesker and Roll and Trish to characters from other series (Strider, Pheonix, dude from Bionic Commando perhaps), but I think this will just end up this way.

Not terribly disappointed, but not terribly excited either. I think my Cable/Iron Man/CapAm team will become Zero/Iron Man/Chris in MvC3.

Beth Cyra

HK-47 said:
Mags hasnt been talked about at all to my knowledge and while there have been several hints towards Storm, there is nothing concrete like a spoken statement or a silhouette.

That list is extremely reasonable, if a little boring. Not like that other list people keep parading around.

They could be talking about how Ono said that Mags was his favorite Super Villian.

Platy

enzo_gt said:
(edit: ameterasu was not in the original list, but added, perhaps a last minute addition?)

Last minute adition and already has gameplay video ?
hmmm .....
Hard to believe ... specialy after Yami being the Tatsunoko's boss and the fact that this makes the list have an odd number =P

Also, this is, as already said 300 times :

1- a gamefaqs forum list
2- found to be in the japanese site, where bison name shoud be vega

edit : searching for the original gamefaqs list .. i found some hilarious coments xD
"and there are some really weird choices included like Trish and Wesker and the Super Skrull"
xD

FSLink

Banned
Platy said:
hmmm .....
Hard to believe ... specialy after Yami being the Tatsunoko's boss and the fact that this makes the list have an odd number =P

1- a gamefaqs forum list
Yeah, it's definitely fake.
That being said, the characters on there are definitely possible and really good educated guesses.
And I believe Bison [Dictator] was basically confirmed when the writer went out to say that he had fun writing the villians on the Capcom side, the SF and RE villians.

Hunahan

Banned
That list is fake.

Here's the real list:

Capcom:
Section Z guy
Black Tiger Pilot
Chiki Chiki Boys (2 slots)
Mohawk guy from Forgotten Worlds
Trojan
Dean (Final Fight 3)
Auto Modelista Car
Major Glenn Reed

Marvel:
Shaft
Badrock
Link
Vogue
Chapel
Diehard
Cougar
Riptide
Psi-Fire
Brahma

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Platy said:
hmmm .....

1- a gamefaqs forum list

edit : searching for the original gamefaqs list .. i found some hilarious coments xD
"and there are some really weird choices included like Trish and Wesker and the Super Skrull"
xD
I'd say reason #1 is more of a reason to doubt than #2 :lol Even if fake, its astoundingly accurate to date and, as HK-47 pointed out early, extremely reasonable. BELIEVE.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
there is a rumor of someone said there will be 36 characters.

Also I heard that producer said that they will have more than what SSF4 have.

The list from GameFAQs that's supposedly from the site's source code is fake. I'm sure of this because I know who the original poster of that list was - he did something similar back with SSBB.

Storm and Magneto aren't confirmed either.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Platy said:
Cable was originaly in MvC2 because they could not make Deadpool work.... so with deadpool in ... i guess he is out.

Chris took the Resident evil spot .... but if they don't add Wesker, i bet she is the first option for second Resident char.

Iceman was broken. Or they don't add him and you will be sad or they add him and unbroke him and you will be sad =P

bah. I just liked how angry Cable looked. And his trident move.

Wesker is too Neo these days, I'd prefer some more women in the game.

As for Iceman, he went down pretty easy. I'm just a fan of the character. And not taking chip damage.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Sir Ilpalazzo said:
The list from GameFAQs that's supposedly from the site's source code is fake. I'm sure of this because I know who the original poster of that list was - he did something similar back with SSBB.

Storm and Magneto aren't confirmed either.
What says the article that first broke the news for MvC3 then? The one I linked to.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
ULTROS! said:
Was this posted? I know its kinda iffy.

Full roster of MvC3 (rumor)

Marvel:
Spider-Man, Hulk, Wolverine, Mr. Fantastic, Captain America, Iron Man, War Machine, Elektra, Thor, X-23, Magneto, Dr. Doom, Shuma-Gorath, Emma Frost, Deadpool, Super Skrull, Taskmaster, Juggernaut, She Hulk

Capcom
Ryu, Mike Haggar, Frank West, Chuck Spencer (Bionic Commando), Dante, Chris, Morrigan, Arthur, Amaterasu, Albert Wesker, zero, Chun-li, Viewtiful Joe, Trish, Tron Bonne, Hsien-Ko Akuma, Felicia .

Umm yes. Thats the shitty fake list that everyone keeps posting.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Nevermind then. I got excited when I saw Tron Bonne.

GatorBait

We know that the producers have said they want 30+ characters in it and they want to squeeze in as many as they can. We also know they are gunning to have more than SSF4, so I think we can safely assume 34-36 characters. Anything lower than that would be a slight disappointment according to expectations, and anything higher than that would be a nice bonus.

I would LOVE for them to hit 40, but I don't know if that is realistic if all the characters are as complete as the ones we've seen so far. 36 characters as good as the ones we've seen + a SMvC3 that increases the roster at a later date, and I'm good for another 10 years.

They've also said that the cast is going to be ~2/3 returning characters and ~1/3 new characters. Because of that, I think you can just about guarantee that Magneto and Storm are going to be in. Magneto because he is the most popular and well-known X-men villain, and he was popular in MvC2. Storm because she is relatively well-known, she was popular in MvC2, and her play style allows them to continue to diversify the roster along with showcasing some great graphical effects for her moves.

GatorBait

Recap of Comic-Con details courtesy of EventHubs:

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2010/jul/28/marvel-vs-capcom-3-comic-con-details-roundup/

A number of new things about Marvel vs. Capcom 3 were revealed at San Diego Comic-Con. Here's a quick rundown of the stuff I was able to track down.

• Capcom is thinking about doing a demo for MvC3, but they're not sure what form it would take at this point.

• Seth Killian said the whole cast is almost finalized at this point, but there could be a switch or two.

• It was stated again that the Fantastic Four will not be playable characters.

• Balance issues will not plague Marvel vs. Capcom 3, like they did MvC2.

• Every character in Marvel vs. Capcom 3 will have their own ending in story mode. These endings will feature other characters from the Marvel and Capcom franchises — even people that aren't playable like Ghost Rider and Man-Thing.

• Amaterasu can change her weapon to alter her attacks depending on what she wants to do. She also has a Hyper move that slows down time and makes it possible to land some combos that wouldn't be possible otherwise.

• Felicia currently has the smallest hitbox in the game, even smaller than Amaterasu, so she can walk under certain Hyper moves and attacks.

• Chun-Li has low stamina right now, but her Lightning Legs are great and she has an outstanding rush down game.

• Character themes will be returning. There will be new songs and updated old favorites in the game. Music has a very techno/dance feel to it so far. Some character themes are recycled from older Marvel and Street Fighter games.

• Depending on the characters you choose, they'll say different things to each other — basically, there is team recognition. If you pick a squad made up of The Avengers, there's specific dialogue related to that.

• Seth said it's too early to say for sure if alternative costumes will be in MvC3, but he thought it was a good idea. [Editor's note: Coupled with other statements previously made, this more than likely means they'll be in the game.]

Sblargh

Banned
.la1n said:
no strider, no sale.

quote me on that.

You're welcome.

And no balancing issue sounds more like sales pitch than promisse, it can't be more unbalaced than a game with 56 characters being reduced to a top 5, but there will probably be tiers, bad matchups, good combinations, etc.

But no balance issue will matter because a team of Captain America, Spiderman and Thor have enough heart to fend off the cold logic of game programmers.
-
Is Dormamammu (sp?) a recognizable name? I know him, but I read marvel comics since I was 10 and even then, I probably just know him because dr. strange become more mainstream these last few years.

EYEL1NER

Sblargh said:
And no balancing issue sounds more like sales pitch than promisse, it can't be more unbalaced than a game with 56 characters being reduced to a top 5, but there will probably be tiers, bad matchups, good combinations, etc.
This. Which is why I wish there was a lot more characters (yeah, even despite the time it would take, they aren't reusing sprites, whatever). I couldn't care less about balance and I don't give a shit about tiers. I pick fun characters and hae fun with them. Son Son for example. How many times did Duc Do ever main her at Golfland back in the day? Probably none. But I have tons of fun playing as her.

Platy

MoxManiac said:
Alternative costumes make sense for this game much more than any other fighter.

...only for like ..half of the cast xD

Except like Dante, Joe or Megaman ....

Sblargh said:
Is Dormamammu (sp?) a recognizable name? I know him, but I read marvel comics since I was 10 and even then, I probably just know him because dr. strange become more mainstream these last few years.

Looks like he is a big villain in that bizarre sd cartoon Marvel Super Hero Squad ... looks like that marvel suddenly recognized that he existed and he is now becoming more mainstream.

...wich is bizarre, because this don't mean that Dr. Strange is having the same thing =P

vg260

EYEL1NER said:
I couldn't care less about balance and I don't give a shit about tiers. I pick fun characters and hae fun with them.

Same here, but being more balanced is a big deal for the online community. If the same 3-4 characters are the only ones being picked like in MvC2, it gets boring and frustrating real fast.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
EYEL1NER said:
This. Which is why I wish there was a lot more characters (yeah, even despite the time it would take, they aren't reusing sprites, whatever). I couldn't care less about balance and I don't give a shit about tiers. I pick fun characters and hae fun with them. Son Son for example. How many times did Duc Do ever main her at Golfland back in the day? Probably none. But I have tons of fun playing as her.
This. This. This. This. This.

The amount of awesome contained in this game's concept alone will sell this to me. I hope they have unlockables of some sort in this game as an incentive to keep playing. Perhaps avatar awards, or colours, or characters' costumes or anything.

I can't believe I'm saying this but, this game may just be more awesome than MvC2 if the stars align. The artstyle alone is godly, and the graphics and new characters seem to be the MvC3 I always dreamed of. I would've really really enjoyed Zero vs. Strider fights though, I hope Strider and Wright make it in last minute.

enzo_gt said:
What says the article that first broke the news for MvC3 then? The one I linked to.

Everyone had already guessed that MvC3 was being announced when that article was written. That article just has a lot of stuff that could be assumed to be announced, but it doesn't seem like they actually had any inside information.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
So I asked in the other thread a couple days ago, any chances of Captain Commando/Strider making a return?

GatorBait

Plywood said:
So I asked in the other thread a couple days ago, any chances of Captain Commando/Strider making a return?
Honestly, I would be VERY surprised if Strider doesn't make a return.

CapCom I'm not sure about though, but I could see it going either way.

There aren't a whole lot of good MvC2 Capcom characters to bring into this new game, but they've said they want to bring back the favorites and add in a healthy dose of new players (at an approximate clip of 2/3 to 1/3, respectively). It's pretty tough to go 10 deep into the MvC2 Capcom cast without picking Strider as one of the returning characters (assuming they don't decide to pick many more Street Fighter characters).

Platy

_dementia said:

The feeling that they need to bring Rogue because chars with attacks that change based on the person fighting (from kirby copy to dimitri midnight bliss) is awesome !

Also, she is the only marvel person who can do the Shun Goku Satsu ! =D

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Platy said:
The feeling that they need to bring Rogue because chars with attacks that change based on the person fighting (from kirby copy to dimitri midnight bliss) is awesome !
Mystique would be a character well suited to that.

I'd kinda like to see Electra in here, too.

Apparently there's some magazine article (Japanese, I think) that confirms Silver Surfer. Also, it seems to suggest that
Galactus, or at least some Fantastic 4 villain
is the final boss.

Top Bottom