• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Leaked By Marvel, Amaterasu and Thor are in MvC3

MoxManiac

I like how capcom even made Thor faithful to his striker appearence in MvC1 by giving him his move from that game (thunderstrike)

Korey

jlRly.jpg

vUHoa.jpg

lZIjf.jpg

gUEPg.jpg

3qy3L.jpg

cym9S.jpg

GhCo0.jpg

HTmqn.jpg

fl12U.jpg

dZUZO.jpg

di5ix.jpg

vall03

Amaterasu was fucking awesome! cant wait to play her even though I suck at fighting games :lol

But!! the stage was such a tease, Servbots everywhere, Teisel and Tron, the Gesselschaft, Kattelox Island, so Mega Man Volnutt confirmed?

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
vall03 said:
Amaterasu was fucking awesome! cant wait to play her even though I suck at fighting games :lol

But!! the stage was such a tease, Servbots everywhere, Teisel and Tron, the Gesselschaft, Kattelox Island, so Mega Man Volnutt confirmed?

Servbot confirmed?

Are the servbots the "other voices" I heard in the background.

I KNOW I'M NOT GOING CRAZY HERE!!!!

Edit: Nevermind it's just Issun.

...whew

LiK said:
the Big Three is already assembled. i'm content

My thoughts exactly.

By the way, anyone have any idea what platform this is currently running on at Comic con?

I'm NOT trying to start anything, I plan on getting this for ps3 and I merely want to make sure Framework 2.0 is running well on it with this game.

That's all.

yurinka

The gameplay and the overall look is great, but I think the colors are too dark, and the game logo is just horrible.

Edit: the 60fps videos look awesome, really smooth. Great work, guys. And thanks, Gamersyde.

GatorBait

Thor looks like he has a unique play style. A T. Hawk with beams/area explosions sounds sort of on point, as a previous poster described. The variety in how characters play is being fleshed out more and more with each new character. I like what Capcom has shown us so far.

I have absolutely no idea what Amaterasu was doing in those videos, but I'll be damned if it didn't look awesome. Watching those vids is making me want to pick up Okami to see what the character is all about. I'll throw out the observation that her flower/vine move looks like it is probably an air dash that can be canceled so she falls at any time along the length of the vine.

Barrage

Ammy's one Super looks insane.

EDIT: GAMEPLAY VIDEO DELIVERS SATISFACTION

"Avengers Assemble!"

FINAL JUSTICE 3D ALL OVER MY FACE

Enk

makes good threads.
Heh, Thor's moveset kinda reminds me of Terry Bogard's. He's got a move that's seems similar to the power dunk and a power geyser style super. Think I also saw a rising tackle in there somewhere too.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I cannot wait to beat Iron Man's ass as Thor. Fucker had it coming in the comics, and I'm going to re-enact it all over his smug, alcoholic face.

I DEDICATE THIS BEATDOWN TO ODIN!

GatorBait

Also remember:

All the new characters we've seen so far this week are unfinished. They are pretty much guaranteed to get even nastier from here on out. :lol

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
WanderingWind said:
I cannot wait to beat Iron Man's ass as Thor. Fucker had it coming in the comics, and I'm going to re-enact it all over his smug, alcoholic face.

I DEDICATE THIS BEATDOWN TO ODIN!

But what if its Clone Thor!?

Leunam

GatorBait said:
Also remember:

All the new characters we've seen so far this week are unfinished. They are pretty much guaranteed to get even nastier from here on out. :lol

It can go either way. Abel was a beast in SF4 before it was finally released on arcades. Characters will change for better or worse.

holy shit thor looks sweet. i hope for the marvel chicks they go in a new direction. i want to something out of left field.

emma frost, dark phoenix, lady deathstrike.... someone other than rogue/storm :/

Kusagari

FrenchMovieTheme said:
holy shit thor looks sweet. i hope for the marvel chicks they go in a new direction. i want to something out of left field.

emma frost, dark phoenix, lady deathstrike.... someone other than rogue/storm :/

Emma Frost has been deconfirmed already.

Dali

Enk said:
Heh, Thor's moveset kinda reminds me of Terry Bogard's. He's got a move that's seems similar to the power dunk and a power geyser style super. Think I also saw a rising tackle in there somewhere too.
Art thou okay?

vg260

Just realized the announcer sounds like the one from the original Marvel Super Heroes game. Nice. That was my favorite of all the Marvel or vs. games. didn't get enough love.

Just posting that Amaterasu has commited me to purchasing this game. Reading more and more though, it looks like a cracking title in its own right!

FrenchMovieTheme said:

Rouge gets no love :(
I'm still missing the old Cyclops/Ryu rivalry

entremet

2&2 said:
Just realized the announcer sounds like the one from the original Marvel Super Heroes game. Nice. That was my favorite of all the Marvel or vs. games. didn't get enough love.
High five, man. I loved that game.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
akilshohen said:
Rouge gets no love :(
I'm still missing the old Cyclops/Ryu rivalry

Rogue has changed. So they'd have to treat her as a new character who's only ability is to steal powers.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Pai Pai Master said:
But only because he can't remember how much of a douchebag he was before. :lol

But he was awesome before the mind wipe. Clearly he just wanted to wipe away any memory of Mark Millar's inability to write politics.

Sblargh

Banned
Thor expression looks perfect.
He has the classic "I'm a God, I should be able to completely destroy everything I wish to destroy, but alas, the plot requires me to be beaten a little bit" look.

Re: damages
I think I saw somewhere that they were worried about the timer, something about all (or most) of the fights on EVO finishing by time rather than K.O.
So I think it is a safe bet that damage right now is nothing like it will be, not only because of balance between characters, but also because of the time issue.

Top Bottom